Fanfic Recs: The Princess and the Frog
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth becoming a frog for here. These are recommendations made by Tropers for The Princess and the Frog fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors, and WebsitesBad Things by Airelle Vilka . WARNING: LEMON!
- Recommended by Flyairth
- Pairing(s): Dr. Facilier/OC
- Synopsis: New Orleans is a town filled with dirty little secrets. Bad things happen here, and sometimes, they happen to good people.
- Comments: An awesome, well-written fanfic. Almost makes it worth trawling through some 50,000 crappy Sue-tastic stories to get to.
- Seconded by Cyberania. Very addictive and well-written. Facilier is very in character and the writer has actually given a thought to the plot instead of making it just plain lemon. Even the most important scene is so delicately written, that even the non-fanfic readers could safely take a look.
- Thirded by Kerrah. Very good stuff, this here, with well-written characters and good atmospheric writing.
- Recommended by: Purple Bouncy Ball
- Synopsis: Tells the story of the Shadow Man and his slow, easy spiral into the dark.
- Comments: Very well written. I could almost hear the slow, easy Southern/Jamaican accent speaking the words as I read them. It reads like a bedtime story, too; one of those ones with a moral like, "And that's why you never take candy from strangers." But this moral is different, and, in the fic's own words, "this story is one about finding darkness when you stray."
- Recommended by: Dellanotte
- "Thing with voodoo is, ya gotta be part of it. If you wanna make magic in the bayou ya gotta live in the bayou, and ya gotta balance what everyone needs. But you just want, want, want; right? Like them hungerin' shadows. Post film."
- One-Shot, character exploration. Alliryan just skims a past between Mama Odie and Facilier, while touching on the world's theme of magic with subtle excellence. Could easily be a stinger for the movie.
- Recommended by Zelda Queen
- Pairing(s): Tiana/Prince Naveen
- Synopsis: Charlotte has kissed a frog and gotten a prince. Naveen has found a pretty rich girl to marry. Tiana has finally obtained the money for her restaurant. And now everyone's getting exactly what they thought they wanted... Alternate ending AU.
- Comments: This is a brilliant fanfiction for the wants vs needs message of the story, which deals with what would have happened if Tiana had been a little too late confessing her love for Naveen. As a result, Naveen marries Charlotte as he promised, Charlotte gives Tiana enough money to buy the restaurant, Naveen and Charlotte leave for Maldonia, and all three are utterly miserable. There is some extended backstory for Naveen and Tiana and everyone is very much in character. A word of warning - there are a good many references to Naveen's sexual conquests, although most of it is very, very tame.
- Recommended by Moonage Daydream
- Pairings: Ray/Evangeline
- Synopsis: An expansion on the WMG in which Evangeline used to be a firefly.
- Comments: Rather short, and filled with lots of time skips, but the relationship between the two is so sweet it's hard not to fall in love with it. Everyone is very in character, she masters Ray's difficult accent, and the Tear Jerker ending hits you like a punch in the gut even though you know it has to come somewhere.