Proof that the remaining 10% is worth having a crocodile bite your hand off for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into homosexual
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
A Hundred Years Ago
, by Parsnips
- Recommended by Roach Patrol
- Synopsis: Wendy learns the trick of tidying up childrens' dreams while they sleep, and finds out things that even Peter no longer remembers — in this case, exactly who Captain Hook used to be, and how he became who he was.
- Comments: It's achingly sad and beautiful, without ever being angsty or self-indulgent, and I think the style of the fic mimics Barrie's work astonishingly well.
, by Bill Mudron
- Recommended by Stardizzy
- Synopsis: A three volume webcomic prequel and sequel to Peter Pan, with the last volume taking place in 2008. (Very incomplete, as yet.)
- Comments: Haven't actually read this beyond the first couple of pages. Still, the art looks fine and so does the writing.
, also known as The Redemption of Captain Hook
by Neverland/Anonymous (Warning: links within these pages may lead to NSFW
material. You have been warned.)
The Secret Of Neverland
- Recommended by Wizard Joni
- Synopsis: A short story of how Captain Hook seeks to regain his lost daughter. Here, Peter Pan is a fey creature who steals children.
- Comments: What started off as a relatively normal RPG thread soon morphs into EPIC storytelling. Manly Tears are quick to follow.
by Breech Loader
- Recommended by Harley Quinn hyenaholic
- Synopsis: What is the real meaning of Neverland? The bo'sun Smee is one of the few who knows the secret, which is contemplated upon while aboard the Jolly Roger, listening to a lullaby carried on the wind.
- Comments: A short but sweet fanfic with deep insight into the meaning and characterisations of the original story, and how Hooks, Smees, Pirates and Lost Boys come and go. Interestingly set in a more modern Neverland where Pirates can be women as well as men, and Smee is a woman this time. It ends on a bittersweet note that "Neverland makes even Pirates forget".
"Fas est et ab hoste doceri
" by Mistress of Sarcasm
Excerpts from the Darling Brothers
- Recommended by greeneyesrock
- Synopsis: Wendy has decided to change the story. The mermaid stabs the prince and saves herself, because maybe, just maybe, Happily Ever After is overrated.
- Comments: Could be a Tear Jerker for some. An alternate look at what would happen if Hook captured her. Very excellently splendorific.
- Recommended by Senshi Sun
- Synopsis: John and Michael look back on their time at Never Never Land.
- Comments: Very well written. Michael's part could be a Tear Jerker.
by dress without sleeves (also known as ohladybegood)
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Shadow Tuna
- Synopsis: Peter stays with Wendy. Wendy stays with Peter. They both stay where they belong. All three endings, played to their fullest.
- Comments: All three endings are beautifully sad for all the right reasons.
- Recommended by The Dark Duchess
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: When Peter is in danger, Tinkerbell and Wendy become unlikely allies to try to save the boy they both love. But why exactly does Peter need saving? And from what?
- Pairing(s): Peter/Wendy
- Tags: There's no actual Lemon in this, but there is a scene that leads up to it that warrants an 'M' rating.
- Comments: As someone who adores Peter and Wendy together, this is is a personal favorite of mine. The writing is exquisite, staying true to the style of J. M. Barrie. Peter and Wendy are in character, and the relationship between the two is beautiful. By the time the story ends, you're genuinely sad that it's over.
by a band of students from "Chapman University Dodge College Of Film And Media Arts"
- Recommended by Chloe Lee 12
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: "Years after Peter Pan and the Lost Boys have overthrown the pirates, Peter visits London to return Wendy to Neverland and is kidnapped by a mysterious Stranger residing in the decaying remains of the Darling House. Peter is forced to confront a harsh reality that challenges his innocence."
- Pairing(s): Peter and Wendy (Not the main focus however.)
- Triggers: Incredibly sad, that's the only thing that can be said.
- Comments: A truly tragic take on the aftermath of Wendy's adventure that could have happened if if the story had been more than a story and actually occurred in real life.