Fan Fic Recs: Survivor
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth being voted off the island for here: These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be. Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.
Authors and WebsitesGuatemala Fanfic
- Recommended by mydoctor93
- Comments: This author has taken every season since Guatemala and recreated them in extremely different scenarios like the first boot of Panama winning the season and Parvati being voted out first in her season. The characters are believable, and the fics are surprisingly original considering they use actual characters.
- Recommended by Dr Roy
- Comments: This author writes realistic seasons of Survivor using entirely original casts of characters. The writing and dialogue is always excellent, and each season is well-thought out and well-balanced in terms of character development. There are 3 seasons so far: Survivor: Maldives, Survivor: Greek Isles - The Ancient Greek Empire, and Survivor: Vietnam, with a fourth, Survivor: Mexico - Rags & Riches, in development.
- Recommended by bwburke94
- Comments: A spinoff of Survivor Wiki, featuring fanfics written by the wiki's users.
- Recommended by The Last Level 999
- Comments: One of the most popular Survivor writers on Fan Fiction, this author has written over twenty seasons worth of Survivor crossovers with popular characters from television shows, cartoons, and video games, as well as very well-developed official characters.
- Recommended by mydoctor93, BadAsp
- Synopsis: A sprite comic that updates every day, this fic takes 16~20 fan characters every season and intertwines them in the game of Survivor. Currently on its fourteenth season.
- Comments: The characters are believable (but sometimes based on actual survivors; not that it is a bad thing, the most popular winner ever was based on one), the portrayals of them amazing, and the best part is that the author creates all of the sprites himself. The winners may have sometimes been polarizing, but they always have been entertaining.
- Recommended by mydoctor93, BadAsp
- Synopsis: A fanfic that takes 18~20 fan characters every season and intertwines them in the game of survivor. Seven seasons have been completed, with an eighth in progress.
- Comments: Sturgeon's Law at its best, this is one of the remaining 10% of the fics worth dying for. Contains amazing characters and great twists. The author also applied a fan character to the comic above, and the character won the season unanimously.
- Recommended by DrWillHatch45
- Comments: A hilarious Affectionate Parody of the Micronesia season using animated .gifs. Inspired the meme "I'm Livid!" among the board members of Survivor Sucks in 2008, and was written by the poster Zombie Linda(AKA "Naj"). There are tons of in-jokes relating to past seasons of the show as well as to Sucks culture.
- Recommended by DrWillHatch45, and XYZ
- Comments: This is one of the first and most popular, if not the most popular, Survivor fan fictions of them all. It is a fictional All Stars contest comprising some of the writers favorite players from the first four seasons, and is rightfully praised for how accurate and surprisingly deep the characterizations were. It continues to this day to be looked upon kindly by the Survivor internet fandom, and even several contestants have commented on and praised it, such as Rafe Judkins from Survivor:Guatemala. All Star Survivor: Hawaii was written in summer 2002 by Mario Lanza at the now defunct Survivor-Central.com, and was also rewritten by Lanza in 2008 and reposted on his site as well as at Survivor Sucks. While this troper wasn't a big fan of the story in either iteration, it is popular for a good reason and also has historical value. Hawaii spawned two sequels, both of them also written by Lanza All Star Survivor: Alaska and All Star Survivor: Greece, the last one featuring interesting contestants who were all voted out before the merge.
- Recommended by Patworx and XYZ
- Comments: If SWSU-Master took a whole bunch of LSD, he'd probably make something like this. This is such a surreal comic filled with unusual characters, and yet it's done in a way where it all makes sense. The writer really thinks outside the box. A sequel called Survivor: Black Jack Bay is in progress.
- Recommended by Destructive Milkshake
- Comments: A hilarious imaginary season after Cagayan where Jeff gets 36 hags to compete on one island. They are divided into three tribes, and as the game progresses the mysteries of Hag Island, Gillian's cult, and Probst's shady hosting become progressively more intertwined in the game. The fic is mostly Played for Laughs, but there are some character deaths once the main storyline comes into play. The characters largely behave as their counterparts in the show, but the author takes liberties in making them more over the top For the Lulz. Among the fic's reader base is Kass Mc Quillen of Survivor: Cagayan fame, who even wrote a secret scene for after Kass is voted out.