Due to the show having many contestants, this page is made to avoid overdosing the main page.
Born: November 4, 1961 (age 53)
From: Wichita, Kansas, U.S.The host of the American edition of the Survivor series since its first inception.
- Actually Pretty Funny: At the final five tribal council at Cagayan, Jeff was visibly amused at all the take thats and angry tirades.
- Berserk Button: He's normally pretty level-headed, but if someone quits without good reason, he immediately starts frowning and talking down to them. When Colton quit Blood vs. Water, he escalated to delivering a full "The Reason You Suck" Speech. (Though he's more sympathetic if you do in fact have a decent reason, such as having a mental breakdown (Kathy), having a family emergency (Jenna), are trying to quit as a gameplay maneuver (Janu) or are in too much pain to continue onward (Dana).)
- Fairplay especially, because of something he did at the Vanuatu reunion.
- Catchphrase: Several. They include:
- I'll go tally the votes
- If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol and would like to play it, now would be the time to do so.
- (X tribe, wins Immunity/(and)Reward!
- (x), The Tribe Has Spoken
- You will have a chance to get back in this game. Grab your torch, head to Redemption Island
- Although it isn't seen quite often, if someone quits at Tribal Council - (x), per your wishes, go home.
- You're going to have to dig deep
- Come on in, guys!
- You are getting a look at the new (x) tribe. (y), voted out at the last Tribal Council
- Grab your stuff, head back to camp. Goodnight
- Characterization Marches On: Probst becomes a lot more aggressive with his questioning of players and biased in his interpretations as the seasons go on. Many fans celebrate this as him coming into his own and keeping the players on their toes, while a smaller portion of the audience feel that he Took a Level in Jerkass.
- Character Shilling: Once he started to get more comfortable in his role as the host, around the same time he became a producer for the show, Jeff started to show a lot more favoritism towards certain contestants, most blatantly Boston Rob and Russell Hantz.
- Oddly, he has said he dislikes Russell as a person, but brought him back since he played a good game
- Cool Old Guy
- Cool Shades
- Cursed with Awesome
- Double Standard: When asked by someone on Twitter why Tina Wesson hasn't been invited back since All Stars, Probst claimed that "Tina had her second chance. She failed." And yet Boston Rob was brought back for a fourth chance...
- This becomes Hilarious in Hindsight seeing as how she was brought back to compete in Blood vs. Water.
- Elimination Catchphrase: "The tribe has spoken. (Snuffs out evicted castaway's torch) It's time for you to go."
- Executive Meddling: Being an executive producer in recent seasons has led to some, well, questionable decisions. Like Redemption Island purportedly being entirely his idea, for instance.
- A lot of viewers were irritated during Palau when it looked like Jeff was pushing Janu into quitting in order to save Stephanie. Janu did in fact want to go home, but she had agreed with her tribe to wait until Stephenie was gone, so Jeff calling off Tribal Council seemed really fishy. It was also combined with some Manipulative Editing - where he stops and asks if Janu could serve on the jury.
- Game Show Host
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Boston Rob.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: He became very disenchanted with the show around One World, after a series of "bad" seasons, and almost quit the show.
- Nice Hat: He has several. The most frequently-used is a baseball cap with the show's logo.
- Older Than They Look: He doesn't look like in his fifties, which is quite surprising given how much sun he's gotten over the years!
- One Jeff Limit: Averted with Jeff Varner, Jeff Wilson, and Jeff Kent.
- The Stoic: Whenever he's not announcing for challenges, he maintains a very calm and level demeanor; even when his Berserk Button gets pushed he never loses his composure. One of the best examples is seen in Caramoan, where he has to talk down a raging Brandon and prevent him from trying to go postal on his tribe.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: He's much nicer to the contestants in early seasons, at least on camera. He was berating contestants as early as Pagong's first tribal in Borneo, when the contestants all decided to vote for him, but the more callous side of him didn't get shown until later in the series.
- Unreliable Narrator: Did you know that someone in Redemption Island actually found the hidden immunity idol before the first tribal council? Given his recap of the season, you'd actually be very surprised to find that out.
- His intense dislike for the Fangs in Gabon is highly obvious.
- In Blood vs Water Jeff accused Colton of faking the sickness that got him removed from One World, when in fact the medical team was brought out and they did find symptoms of illness. Perhaps Colton could have bucked up and dealt with it better, but that's a far cry from being evacuated over nothing.
- It's also pretty obvious he dislikes a couple contestants; namely Jonny Fairplay, Abi-Maria Gomes, Jonathan Penner.
- Penner is just a case of Sitcom Arch-Nemesis and playing up Penner's back-and-forth banter with Jeff, as they apparently like one another in real life. Fairplay, though, Probst has outright confirmed his legitimate dislike for as a person. The feelings are mutual on Fairplay's end.
- Survivor Borneo
- Survivor The Australian Outback
- Survivor Africa
- Survivor Marquesas
- Survivor Thailand
- Survivor The Amazon
- Survivor Pearl Islands
- Survivor All-Stars
- Survivor Vanuatu
- Survivor Palau
- Survivor Guatemala
- Survivor Panama
- Survivor Cook Islands
- Survivor Fiji
- Survivor: China
- Survivor Micronesia
- Survivor Gabon
- Survivor Tocantins
- Survivor Samoa
- Survivor Heroes Vs Villains
- Survivor Nicaragua
- Survivor Redemption Island
- Survivor South Pacific
- Survivor One World
- Survivor Philippines
- Survivor Caramoan
- Survivor Blood Vs Water
- Survivor Cagayan
- Survivor San Juan Del Sur
- Survivor Worlds Apart
- Survivor Cambodia