Fanfic Recs: Star Trek: Enterprise
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Star Trek: Enterprise
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
An index of all Star Trek
Fanfiction Recommendations pages can be found here
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Star Trek: Foundations
by various authors
Star Trek: Enterprise, The Open Door
- Recommended by CX
- Synopsis: An alternate universe/reboot of the series Star Trek: Enterprise that tries its hand at writing a more continuity friendly prequel to the franchise. It uses many of the same concepts and characters, but changes things up a bit in what is a much better take on how the series could have been if it had actually stuck to its premise.
- Recommended by Psyckosama
- Synopsis: A reboot of the series Star Trek: Enterprise that writes a far more consistent contribution to the franchise. Unlike Enterprise, The Open Door discards all premise of being a true prequel to the other shows, and instead plays off of Star Trek: First Contact, being an Alternate Universe created in the way of the Enterprise's contact with the past. It works within the limits of the era's technology, with most of the inconsistently advanced items being the result of observation of future technology or reverse engineered from the remains of the Borg Sphere. The Temporal Cold War is completely removed and instead replaced with far reaching Romulan plotting. It still uses many of the same concepts, characters, and plot lines but keeps a might tighter view on how the technology and politics of the era would affect things.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between characters.
Dreams and Reality
Star Trek: Endeavour
- Recommended by Across The Stars
- Pairing: Archer/Reed
- Synopsis: Reed wants Archer, Trip give advice, and Porthos gets some screen time.
by Rigil Kent
- Recommended by CX, Equestrienne Dreams, Rose And Heather, BuurmanSven
- Pairing: Trip/T'Pol
- Synopsis: A finale fix that just completely ignores the actual finale of the series Star Trek: Enterprise and creates its own version with the story "Elysium". It then goes on to follow the crew's adventures in the Earth-Romulan War. This could almost be considered a General Fic because of the focus on action and drama, but the Trip/T'Pol pairing do feature pretty prominently in it. (Do beware that Anyone Can Die. Yes, anyone. Including your favorite character. Probably in a painful and vicious manner.)
by Zane Gray
The Thin Man Beams Aboard
- Recommended by Hopeful Nebula
- Pairing: Trip/T'Pol
- Synopsis: "Commander Tucker and Sub-Commander T'Pol finally discover the path that Fate has chosen for them, even as perilous events unfold around them that could tear their fragile world apart forever." One of the first long Trip/T'Pol fics, and one of the best. Also, it has two prequels (One Step Back, Two Steps Forward and Sympathies and Symmetries) and a sequel (The Early Hours).
- Recommended by Born In 1142
- Pairing: Trip/T'Pol
- Synopsis: "Our favorite couple has some time to get reacquainted after Commander Tucker transfers back from the Columbia. Trip introduces T'Pol to the human concept of the "whodunit," but their academic reflections on the subject are tested when Enterprise is sent to investigate a real mystery populated by some very shady characters." It's really more of a mystery story, but with enough focus on Trip and T'Pol's relationship to warrant placing here. Also has a sequel, Thin Man Overboard.
The Enterprise Strikes Back
by David Marshall
- Recommended by The Rich Sheik
- Fandoms: Enterprise and Star Wars
- Pairing: T'Pol/Obi Wan Kenobi
- Synopsis: On the run from General Grievous, Obi Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker fly their starfighters through an anomaly, which takes them to another galaxy far far away, where they are discovered by the Enterprise.
- Comments: Aside from the early T'Pol/Obi Wan shipping (which is hastily explained) this is a good crossover between two prequels of the classic Trek vs Wars debate. The tech comparisons make sense, with the exception of hyperdrive functioning like warp drive-but-faster.