Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Ice Age
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Cruel Intentions: Lacrimosa
- Recommended by thelonemongrel88
- Synopsis: We all know that Diego's playing 'Where's the baby?' with Roshan had a profound impact on all of them. But when exactly did the baby pick up Diego's little game himself? A missing scene from the Original Movie. One-Shot.
- Comments: An extremely well written one shot that admirably inserts itself into the Original movie without discontinuity or any of the problems one might expect from such a fic! Well worth a read.
also by DiegoRedeemedLover
Lost in Time: Origins
- Recommended by Twoie92
- Synopsis: In a harsh world filled with danger and excitement, three young lives will collide... follow Manny, Diego and Sid as they grow up from age seven into young adults and into the course of the first film as adults. T for violence, language, and implications of a sexual nature. Deliberate AU as of IA4's release.
- Comments: First in a series. Incredibly well written, and the author has put a lot of hard work into it, which shows.
Conversing with Buck
- Has its own TropePage.
- Recommended by Crystal Blue
- Synopsis: When a 21st century expedition into prehistory goes wrong, the herd saves them and unwittingly embark on a dangerous journey, full of new friends and old enemies, in a race against time itself. T for violence and language.
- Commments: A multi-chapter fic that deviates from the usual Ice Age fare by employing mature concepts like the repercussions of the time stream and of the character's actions - all of them - from the Original Characters to the main IA characters as they cause events that began from decisions made long ago. The first of a planned series. The sequel, Li T: Yesterday's Child, is now available at ff.net. Has its own tropes page.
Herd Is Where The Heart Is
- Recommended by Chelonianmobile.
- Synopsis: Buck explains to Diego why he fights Rudy.
- Comments: Oneshot. Discussion of non-graphic violence. Buck/Rudy is mentioned but denied.
Ice Age 4: The Age of Man
- Recommended by Nausicaaofthe Spirits
- Synopsis: My alternate ending to Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaur. The herd, led by the unusual yet likable Buck, make their way back home after reuniting with Sid...but they're not quite out of the woods yet.
- Comments: Little AU that takes place after Peaches is born.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the characters.
What's in a name
- Recommended by Crystal Blue.
- Synopsis: The herd never thought that they would see 'Pinky' again. Until, of course, they did. But with vengful sabres out to get him, will Roshan and his friend Anlegg be able to stay out of danger? Pairings include Manny/Ellie, Scrat/Scratte & Roshan/OC.
- Comments: There are very few decent Ice Age fanfics on the site, but this one is brilliant. Obviously written before Continental Drift came out, but don't let that put you off. It's definitely worth a read, especially for those who miss Roshan.
How to be Conniving
- Recommended by Crystal Blue
- Pairing: Diego/OC
- Synopsis: The herd is followed by a pack of sabertooth tigers. Diego tries to negotiate with the pack's tracker. Rated T for some coarse language, some violence stuff and mention of things like reproductive cycles of felines. No graphics.
- Comments: A very strong, character-driven Original Character, with no spark of the loathed Mary Sue in her at all! The interaction between her and Diego in an argument subtly reveals their attraction to each other, and provides a good jumping board with how others now view Diego now that he has betrayed his own kind and living with prey. All in all, there should be more well thought-out Diego/OCs like this! A magnificent read!
by Nameless Moonlight5
- Recommended by Dark Soul
- Pairing(s): Diego/OC, Diego/Sid, Some Manny and Ellie.
- Synopsis: Diego meets a female tiger one day while he hunts, a female tiger that seems determined to make Diego fall for a certain Sloth.
- Comments: OC, OOCness, Slash, Swearing, Violence, Incest. A very odd read but an enjoyable one nonetheless.