Proof that the remaining 10% is worth getting a Game Over for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Scott Pilgrim Fan Fics
, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The League of EXtraordinary Gentlemen
- Recommended by: Metal Gear Chick
- Comments: Mainly writes fanfics about the pasts of Scott, Kim, and Lisa. He is also working on a Tear Jerker fanfic right now in which Scott is dying from a disease, and everyone he has known is showing up to say their last goodbyes and how he affected their lives.
(some post-vol. 6 spoilers)
Neil vs Toronto
- Recommended by Kalle
- Synopsis: Mobile has a psychic vision of Wallace cheating on him and breaks up with him, quickly forming The League of EXtraordinary Gentlemen, who then promptly (and mistakenly) come after Scott due to their roommate situation. Only problem is, Wallace never cheated.
- Comments: Written for a prompt on the Scott Pilgrim kinkmeme on Livejournal, this story feels so much like the actual comic that it's uncanny — the way Scott and Wallace's characters continue to develop from their post-series selves is impressive, and their interactions are really sweet. Plus, it's nice to see some attention being given to Mobile for a change, after having been The Ghost for four and a half books!
by Mister Dr Bob
Lily Pilgrim vs Their World
- Recomended by ArchdukeCthulhu
- Synopsis: Neil Nordegraf has a pretty average life. It's his friends who have the above average ones. That's all about to change though when Stephen Stills unwittingly brings his greatest enemies into his life. Featuring a Stacey/Neil subplot!
- Comments: This was a very charming fanfic of Neil and despite just starting, feels so strong with the mythology of the book you'll be impressed. The way he wrotes it is like how O'Malley might write a novelization of the series imho.
A Gentle Touch
- Recommended by DasNordlicht91
- Synopsis: A story set in the future of the series, where Scott & Ramona are married and have a daughter named Lily. When the Happily Married couple's past comes up to catch to Lily, she has to drop the gloves and kick some ass, like her father and mother did before.
- Comments: I found it quite enjoyable, and the overall tone of it matched the quirkiness that made the graphic novels great, and it really felt like something O'Malley would write if he decided to make a sequel to the series.
Listening to Bands That Don't Even Exist Yet
- Recommended by: gianttabby
- Synopsis: Roughly three years after the close of the comic, Lisa Miller has become an international super star with a surprising string of three hit movies. In the midst of all this change, & new challenges, a face from her past returns
- Pairing(s): Scott Pilgrim X Lisa Miller
- Comments: Aside from the neat references to the books and movie, this is a fic worth reading if you want a really cute fanfic. A must read for shippers of Scott X Lisa, especially if you feel like her character's potential was under-utilized in the books.
- Recommended by Vithian
- Synopsis: Stephen Stills. 23 years old. Maybe gay?? Stephen is dating Julie, until he isn't anymore.
- Pairing (s): Stephen Stills/Joseph
- Comments: Essentially, the story you missed due to the limited POV in the actual books. Covers from Volume 4 through to 6, and is both an amazing character study of Stephen and a wonderful view on how Joseph and Stephen might have come together. Reads like it was pulled from O'Malley's head, complete with text boxes and transition text.