open/close all folders
Authors and Sites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance. Scott Pilgrim vs. The League of EXtraordinary Gentlemen by guest_age (some post-vol. 6 spoilers)
- Recommended by Kalle
- Synopsis: Mobile has a psychic vision of Wallace cheating on him and breaks up with him, quickly forming The League of EXtraordinary Gentlemen, who then promptly (and mistakenly) come after Scott due to their roommate situation. Only problem is, Wallace never cheated.
- Comments: Written for a prompt on the Scott Pilgrim kinkmeme on Livejournal, this story feels so much like the actual comic that it's uncanny — the way Scott and Wallace's characters continue to develop from their post-series selves is impressive, and their interactions are really sweet. Plus, it's nice to see some attention being given to Mobile for a change, after having been The Ghost for four and a half books!
- Recomended by ArchdukeCthulhu
- Synopsis: Neil Nordegraf has a pretty average life. It's his friends who have the above average ones. That's all about to change though when Stephen Stills unwittingly brings his greatest enemies into his life. Featuring a Stacey/Neil subplot!
- Comments: This was a very charming fanfic of Neil and despite just starting, feels so strong with the mythology of the book you'll be impressed. The way he wrote it is like how O'Malley might write a novelization of the series.
- Recommended by DasNordlicht91
- Synopsis: A story set in the future of the series, where Scott & Ramona are married and have a daughter named Lily. When the Happily Married couple's past comes up to catch to Lily, she has to drop the gloves and kick some ass, like her father and mother did before.
- Comments: I found it quite enjoyable, and the overall tone of it matched the quirkiness that made the graphic novels great, and it really felt like something O'Malley would write if he decided to make a sequel to the series.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast. A Gentle Touch by 1991-M-Sable
- Recommended by: gianttabby
- Synopsis: Roughly three years after the close of the comic, Lisa Miller has become an international super star with a surprising string of three hit movies. In the midst of all this change, & new challenges, a face from her past returns
- Pairing(s): Scott Pilgrim X Lisa Miller
- Comments: Aside from the neat references to the books and movie, this is a fic worth reading if you want a really cute fanfic. A must read for shippers of ScottXLisa, especially if you feel like her character's potential was under-utilized in the books.
- Recommended by Vithian
- Synopsis: Stephen Stills. 23 years old. Maybe gay?? Stephen is dating Julie, until he isn't anymore.
- Pairing (s): Stephen Stills/Joseph
- Comments: Essentially, the story you missed due to the limited POV in the actual books. Covers from Volume 4 through to 6, and is both an amazing character study of Stephen and a wonderful view on how Joseph and Stephen might have come together. Reads like it was pulled from O'Malley's head, complete with text boxes and transition text.