Tear Jerker: Scott Pilgrim
You'd think there wouldn't be any... but there are a few.
- One noticeable one is when Ramona says goodbye.
- Almost immediately after that is Scott's attempts to find Ramona's cat Gideon, culminating in him staying up so late in the snow that he actually misses it when Gideon does show up... and then pads off into the snow again...
- Another is when Scott moves away from his current girlfriend, Kim Pine.
- Also in volume 5, during the twins' fight when Kim, who still has feelings for Scott, has to lie to him in order to make him believe that it isn't over between him and Ramona.
- Ramona abandoning Scott, followed by Kim leaving Toronto.
- When Scott is killed, the sheer look of horror on everyone's faces, including previously ambivalent/jerkish characters, is a pretty powerful moment. This is, however, followed up with some Mood Whiplash from Gideon offering to buy everyone drinks.
- Oh god, for fuck's sake LISA MILLER. Poor Lisa Miller's non-story with Scott: "you could have asked" "maybe we should have" and even Ramona's reaction to Lisa's attitude towards Scott: "There wasn't *anything* between you two? Not even in highschool?"
- It's hard to pinpoint exactly where, but everything after Ramona vanishes in Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Universe can bring a tear to your eye.
- Even before that, we have Kim bluffing to keep Scott's spirits up during the fight in Volume 5.
- And waaay before that, Knives being dumped.