My real name is Jessica, though I prefer to be called Kalle on the internet (for those of you not in the know, it's a reference to a Legend of Zelda boss — Kalle Demos, from Wind Waker.) I'm in my 20s, living in upstate New York, and I enjoy a wide range of strange things and activities ♥ Pages I've created:
- Gintama (my first page ever on the site [sniff] my baby is all grown up!)
- To Love-Ru (though I don't really touch it anymore. It's kinda my Old Shame, as far as tropes are concerned.)
- Mother 3
- Yume Nikki
- Touhou Musou Kakyou
My tropes, let me show you them:
- Author Appeal: From my fanseries and characters alone... Japanese subcultures, sweets, bats, Idol Singers, Gratuitous French, shoutouts to obscure or just plain weird televison series or songs, and I'm pretty sure there's a lot more where that came from.
- Catch Phrase: "... Is that necessary?" (whenever I encounter something that ticks me off) and "You guys!"
- Celeb Crush: I have a harem. Yasuhisa Furuhara is the leader of the pack, but Koji Seto and Kazuki Shimizu are pretty high-ranked, too...
- Character Tics: Waving my hands around when I talk, and fluffing out my bangs to conceal my forehead.
- Cool Big Sis: Somewhere along the line I became this to Perfume Preppy!
- The Cutie / Moe: At least, that's the image I seem to cultivate, according to my friends.
- Dandere: Possibly the closest approximation of my personality I can think of. I'm not withdrawn enough to be a true Shrinking Violet, and I'm not emotionless enough to be a Kuudere. My friends can certainly see enough of my deredere side, anyway...
- The Fashionista: I have a ridiculous love of Japanese fashion — mostly sweet lolita and fairy-kei — and it shows on my Tumblr pretty well (when it's not Toku posting or talking about my life.)
- Forgets to Eat: ...oops?
- Fun T Shirt: Many many many.
- Girls Don't Cry: I have a habit of crying my eyes out at emotional or stressful situations, but being berated for it when I was younger kind of leads to this attitude a lot.
- Glurge Addict: ...sometimes... though there are things I've seen that are too cutesy, even for me.
- Hair Decorations: If I do not have a bow on my head, I will die!
- Happily Dating: My boyfriend Nick and I have been together since January 2007, with no signs of stopping soon. Pretty good for the first-ever boyfriend I've had, huh?
- It Is Pronounced Tro-PAY: I am doomed to have my last name pronounced wrong by everyone I meet. EVERYONE.
- Occidental Otaku: Yes, I am taking a shot at myself with this, and yes, I don't care. I'm more into Toku, fashion and the general culture than anime and manga, though I do have certain series I gush over.
- Retail Therapy: The catch-all solution for a bad day!
- ♥♥Say It with Hearts♥♥
- Shipping Goggles: A permanent fixture in my repertoire.
- Small Town Boredom: I've lived in a tiny city nearly all my life, so this trope comes into play a little too often.
- Sweet Tooth: Candy, pastries and milkshakes are my BFFs.