Fan Fic Recs: White Collar
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for White Collar
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Page Reconfiguration in Progress
: Fanfic Recommendations
is being split into pages for each individual series, so help is needed to classify each entry into the appropriate category, and to format it according to the template.
Author and Websites
Anything by lstuds
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- Recommended by Miss Romantic Tragedy
- This author stands out for her great characterization, emotion, and interactions/relationships between characters. lstuds focuses on the relationship between Neal and Peter, as well as them individually, with Elizabeth showing up frequently. They have a great grip on playing one's emotions—easily making the reader actually react to the characters, whether it be with gripping anxiety, heart-wrenching melancholy, or an uncontrollable "awww."
, by Mouse8
- Recommended by Belphegor
- Synopsis: Neal is arrested for Peter's murder.
- Comments: as the author mentions at the beginning, it's not a death fic. It comes close, and the tone is rather grim and gritty, but its take on the partnership of Neal and Peter is very good.
by Tommy Hanson
The Right Way to Fall
- Recommended by forgotmypants
- Synopsis: A series of ficlets about de-aged Neal. Also featuring Peter, Elizabeth and Mozzie because they rock.
- Comments: Neal gets turned into a three-year-old after touching a gold idol, and Peter and Elizabeth have to take care of him until they can get him back to normal. Neal still has his memories, but with the mindset of a three-year-old. An incredibly sweet family fic.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by StarBright
- Synopsis: Fantasy AU. With his reckless behavior in his career as a thief, Neal would be dead many times over if it wasn't for a certain guardian angel...
- Comments: Solid writing, and everyone is perfectly in character. Some Peter/Elizabeth shipping, but mostly about the friendship between Neal and angel!Peter.
by Sam Storyteller
- Recommended by dua186, seconded by Eigen Locke
- Synopsis: There's a place in Neal Caffrey's head where he doesn't have to lie to himself or be three steps ahead of the other guy, but so far only Peter has found it — and Peter won't give him what he really wants. Elizabeth, meanwhile, is slowly adjusting to the idea of abetting felons...
- Pairings: Neal/Peter, Neal/Elizabeth, Peter/Elizabeth... but really, this fic is all about Neal/Peter/Elizabeth.
- Comments: This is an epic, expert rendering of White Collar canon into queer and polyamorous territory. There's also some D/S between Peter and Neal. All of which is incredibly well done. This is one of the best fanfics I have ever read, and an absolute must read for White Collar fans. It's long — the original installment covered all of season one, and the author has continued the story through season two, and will likely do the same for season three. It works because it's a version of the story that many in fandom see beyond and underneath the layers of canon. It's the story that I often wish White Collar explicitly was. In short, it's wonderful.
- Everyone is incredibly in-character, and the writing just flows. Given how hard it is sometimes with write character interpretations while remaining faithful to the original plot, it's ridiculous how natural the threesome feels. Definitely worth the read!
by Kelsenellenelvial Gil-Ravadry
- Recommended by forgotmypants
- Synopsis: The sweetest things his lips have ever touched are as follows: lemon drops, golden caramel, dark chocolate, strawberry tarts, and Neal's sugar-sticky mouth. One more lick and then I'm finished.
- Pairings: Peter/Neal
- Comments: A well-written and fluffy collection of drabbles involving, of course, sweets.