nightelf37. This is me. Not much of a troper. Sad to say.
I go around pages looking for errors to correct, and tropes to link to. I am quite the Grammar Nazi
, and a brony
too. I also have a case of Footnote Fever
Lyrics for "In Memory of Soldier A"
Soldier A, Soldier A
The unsung hero of anime
Hip hooray for Soldier A
He only has one line but saves the day
He's called upon to grunt or yell or scream (OOOugh, ugh, aaah! Oh boy…)
Even if his mouth is never seen (AAH!)
Through the fray with ne'er to say
He'll lead the way, he's Soldier A
I'm Soldier A (He's Soldier A)
Never Soldier B (Never Soldier B)
They tell me if I'm good, I'll be Bystander 3
(They tell him if he's good, he'll be Bystander 3)
I have the folly every volume needs (Augh, ooh, AAH!)
But I'll never be mistaken for the lead! (No way!)
Soldier A (Ugh!), Soldier A (He's Soldier A!)
The unsung hero of anime (Oy, AUGH!)
Hip hooray for Soldier A
He only has one line but saves the day (Woohoo! Yessir!)
A monster or a mecha or a guy
Doesn't mater which, I'm gonna die (AAAAAAAH!, OOF!)
Never know what role I'll play,
But for today I'm Soldier A! (1, 2, 3, 4!)
Today I threw a fit (Today he threw a fit)
'Cause I didn't get the bit... (that I wanted to do)
Instead of Fanboy 1, I was Sex Offender 2
(Gah, instead of Fanboy 1, he was Sex Offender 2 — oh, that's nice!)
The Engineer is changing episodes (changing episodes)
To find the one where I'm beside the bomb
When it explodes (AAAAH!)
Soldier A, Soldier A
The unsung hero of anime
Hip hooray for Soldier A
He only has one line but saves the day (Huh, hah!)
He's courageous, brave, and dangerously strong
But he won't be around for very long (WAAH! AAAAH!)
'Cause his platoon gets blown away (UNH! AAAH!)
So let us pray for Soldier A (BOOM)
The tracks are getting dense (Oooh, getting dense)
The walla is intense (Oooh, so intense)
The director says it's time for my dying to commence
(Now this is where your character dies, with pain and suffering! Now let's try one!)
My death rattle was simply sublime (quite sublime) (BLACH!)
But the engineer blew it, so I'll have to do it one more time (AAAH!)
Soldier A, Soldier A
The unsung hero of anime
Hip hooray for Soldier A
He only has one line but saves the day
He's called upon to grunt or yell or scream (UHN! AYAAAH!)
Even if his mouth is never seen (YEEOW!)
Through the fray, he'll lead the way
So let us pray for — will he ever say more? (Haha!)
Hip hip hooray for Soldier A
Kingdom Hearts Worlds
Crossover: The Elements of Harmony
In case you don't know, the Elements of Harmony are a set of magical artifacts in My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
. They are as follows; Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, and Magic (Friendship).
"If other characters got Elements of Harmony, what would they be?"
The Element of Magic doesn't need to go to the The Leader
Kung Fu Panda
| Character || Element || Reason (optional) |
| Master Monkey || Laughter || I could've assigned this to Mantis as well, but… |
| Master Crane || Loyalty || I had the hardest time justifying this, though. I figured that he he demonstrates loyalty to his team by being the mediator so that he would not be forced to choose sides. |
| Master Mantis || Magic (Chi) || Mostly, due to his medical knowledge, as well as (admittedly) events covered in A Different Lesson. |
| Master Viper || Kindness || Averts Reptiles Are Abhorrent. |
| Master Tigress || Honesty || She's rather blunt with her words. |
| Dragon Warrior Po || Generosity || As the Team Chef and given his general behavior, I figured this was most appropriate. |
| Character || Element || Reason (optional) |
| Hino Rei/Sailor Mars || Honesty || Fairly easy to assign. |
| Kino Makoto/Sailor Jupiter || Loyalty || Equally easy. |
| Aino Minako/Sailor V/Sailor Venus || Laughter (Optimism) |
| Mizuno Ami/Sailor Mercury || Kindness |
| Chiba Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask || Generosity |
| Tsukino Usagi/Sailor Moon || Magic || Since she united five lonely outcasts into a family… |
Legend of the Five Rings
| Character || Element || Reason (optional) |
| Hermione Granger || Honesty |
| Ron Weasley || Laughter |
| Neville Longbottom || Magic |
| Ginny Weasley || Loyalty |
| Luna Lovegood || Kindness |
| Harry Potter || Generosity |
(well, more like clans, but given the nature of the 'story'…)
| Character || Element || Reason (optional) |
| Phoenix || Magic || Spells are their bread and butter. |
| Lion || Honesty || Honor is everything to them. |
| Scorpion || Loyalty || Liars, thieves, and assassins with unfailing loyalty to the Throne…not necessarily who's on it. |
| Crab || Generosity || They suffer a great burden so that all others may be safe. |
| Mantis || Laughter || Would really take too long to explain. Tons of backstory and lore involved. |
| Dragon || Kindness || Actually have pacifists in a world were war breaks out every Tuesday practically, and seek to create world peace through meditation and mediation. |
Test Run trope for a character of mine...
- Accusation Fic/Fix Fic: His calling out on his friends have this sort of flavor without turning the whole thing into more of an AU than it already is. However, since the author wants to adhere (however loosely) to canon and not diverge from it, Chronicle is never made a full-on Fixer Sue.
- After-Action Patchup: Okay, it's more like "After-Argument Patch-Up", but Chronicle ends up getting this treatment with Mystic Shield after once getting bucked in the face by Applejack.
- And This Is for...: Delivers one of these during his fight with Discord, each of them dedicated to his friends. Discord even lampshades this after surviving it.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: He confesses this way to Fluttershy after she calms him down from his obsession in training.
- Animé Mane: Only in his "rage modes", Crystal Pony form, and Rainbow Power form.
- Anti-Hero: Given that most ponies are pacifistic and he isn't, he's quite like one of these. He's willing to kill, make threats of such, and even say those words.
- Anti-Magic: For some reason, his mind, body, and immediate surroundings are immune to Discord's magic. He's still susceptible to other mind-affecting effects such as the "Want It Need It" spell, The Stare, and a cockatrice's stone gaze since the latter is really encasement and not body-altering. And while susceptible, he also possesses some resistance to King Sombra's dark magic. As it is, he's only immune to alterations to his body and mind, and hallucinations don't fall under those. It turns out that it was a measure employed by the Story Crew to protect its Field Operatives.
- Against all odds, and to the surprise of both of them, Tirek was able to successfully breach that barrier.
- Badass Adorable/Cute Bruiser: Comes with being a pony and a fighter. Also, he's the most battle-capable of all of his friends.
- Submissive Badass: Because he cares about what his friends think of him, he often defers to their decisions, even if his own (usually violent one) would solve the problem faster.
- Badass Family: Comes from this. While nearly none of them visit him with his friends, they are quite the badasses. Most of them, at least.
- Barrier Warrior: He can conjure force-fields in both dome/sphere and panel shapes. It is naturally his primary means of defense.
- Battle Aura: Chronicle can generate this when enraged enough to want to kill, which he very rarely is. It comes in the same color as his magical aura.
- Berserk Button: Hurting any of his friends is a good idea to get a beatdown or threat of one from him. Especially if it's his charge Twilight Sparkle or, Celesita forbid, Fluttershy.
- Beware My Ball-Chain Tail: When 'holding' his armadillo Rock with thetether spell 'tied' to his tail, he can do this.
- Blade Lock: Has done this a couple of times using his "magic horn blade", once with Nightmare Moon's horn, a few more with Discord's tacky umbrella, and to whoever has learned the same spell as he had.
- Blade Spam: One of Chronicle's many methods in his beatdown of Discord is doing a flurry of stabs with his "magic horn blade".
- Blood Knight: Slightly leans to this. While he likes fighting, he doesn't "need" it enough to want to spark one.
- Bully Hunter: He's went and beat up Gilda (but failed), thretened the Sports Pegasi, contended with Garble and his posse (for a while), and .
- Butt Monkey: Is on the receiving end of many minor injuries or unfortunate collisions.
- Break the Cutie: Was hit by this harder than Twilight in the "Return of Harmony" arc. What starts out as the group finding the Elements of Harmony that can defeat the latest Arc Villain becomes a twisted game of Discord's design where he separately Hate Plagues their True Companions into their polar opposites which then treat them like dirt. Unable to count on them, Chronicle seemingly abandons them to try and fix the problem on his own. He's already figured out where the Elements of Harmony are, but upon arriving, Ponyville has already been turned into a World Gone Mad ruled by Discord, where his search for substitute wielders proves fruitless. Worse, he also sees Mystic Shield get corrupted right before his eyes. And then after seeing his last friend Twilight fall to the Hate Plague, it broke him to tears…before he brings himself to confront Discord and kill him. In spite of his "rage mode" suddenly coming out of nowhere, he still loses in the end and it is left to his (restored) friends to deliver the final blow.]] But even after that, the failure continued to plague him and he trained in an attempt to distract himself, only to get obsessed with it. It took all of his friends to bring him back to his senses, which succeeded with a tearful Fluttershy deliberately using the Stare on him.
- Brown Eyes
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin' : Not to him (often), but he's the enforcer of this trope towards his friends.
- Character Filibuster/Author Filibuster: When not being a character of his own, he serves as Nightelf37's mouthpiece for his anger at stupid decisions the Mane Six (and anybody else, including Princess Celestia) make, particularly the Mare Do Well incident, their misjudgment of Zecora, not informing him on Pinkie Pie's surprise party, their behavior in the events of "Sweet And Elite", and more.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Chronicle has a spell that can help accomplish this, though its boost is only moderate and is still below that of other athletic earth ponies and pegasi.
- Chekhov's Skill: Chronicle has a spell that renders his aura able to disintegrate any insects it makes contact with like parasprites. He later uses this to great effect in fighting the changelings, though Queen Chrysalis proves to have some degree of resistance.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: When it comes to Pinkie's forth wall-breaking.
- Color-Coded Wizardry: Objects affected by his magic as well as his signature "magic horn blade" have a sky blue glow.
- Cool Crown: Eventually gets an Element of Harmony in the form of a circlet. By the end of Tirek's recapture, it's a bona fide one.
- Cool Pet: He has an armadillo named Rock whom he practices with and utilizes in fights. He also has what is claimed to be a wyvern egg, though only time will tell if it will qualify.
- Crush Blush: Experiences this during his first (not-)date with Fluttershy.
- Cycle of Revenge: Is told about this by Fluttershy to convince him out of his over-training, which had come up as a means to prepare for Discord if he should ever strike again.
- Deadpan Snarker: Perhaps with as much frequency as Twilight Sparkle.
- Death Seeker: After (temporarily) losing his friends to Discord, he became a bit like this, but prioritizing more on making the draconequus pay for his actions.
- Determinator: His virtue, to a degree. Be it a battle against a tough foe, or tolerating his friends' stupidity, he won't give up. He does fold at certain times though. It eventually becomes his Element of Harmony.
- Determined Expression: Makes these whenever he's ready to fight.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Against Discord and Tirek. Tries to, anyway. Not at the same time though.
- Do Not Go Gently: His full intention in his fight against the former above.
- Dream Walker: He and his family are this, but only to each other. In time though, he learned a spell that allows him to enter his friends' dreams, and his relatives can go with him as long as he's with them.
- Dream Weaver: Extended only to himself when in his own dream (particularly when there are other dream walkers) or one of his family's.
- Dropped a Bridget on Him: Nearly everypony who meets him for the first time sometimes mistakes him for a girl at first when he doesn't speak up first, and sometimes even then.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: In spite of his heroic endeavors alongside the Mane Six, no one seems to remember them. He normally doesn't mind, but when he or his friends are looked down at, he brings up the reason why they should be respected.
- Energy Absorption: Has a spell that can do this and the inverse, whichever he chooses, on unicorns and alicorns. Changeling magic, however, is of a different "flavor" entirely and is not compatible with his body.
- Extreme Melee Revenge: Chronicle's first blows in his revenge attack on Discord is this, but he soon switches to more tactical methods after being counterattacked.
- Facehoof: Does this a couple of times.
- Fighting Your Friend: He will do this when required. His friends also had to do this on him once to knock him to his senses.
- First-Person Smartass: He's snarky at times even when not speaking.
- Flash Step: One of this other types of teleportation.
- Flying Firepower: With his Glimmer Wings, or the next level of his "rage mode", he can do this.
- Forgot About His Powers: Usually averted, but the more spells he's finding useful, the more likely this is going to occur.
- Frying Pan of Doom: Sometimes uses this when one of his friends goes way too far. And even once to incapacitate an overworked Applejack. More often than not, for some reason, Applejack's usually on the receiving end. He also has a smaller paddle for milder "infractions".
- Genre Savvy
- Good Is Not Soft: He's normally calm, friendly and helpful, but when he's angry, he will dole out proportionate punishment on his enemies (and even friends) and is more than willing to engage serious villains like Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis, the Mane-iac , Ahuizotl, and Tirek. He would've fought King Sombra as well but that was already taken care of. Also, he's the only one among them willing to kill.
- Guilt Complex: Suffers these whenever he has failed to protect his charges. Thankfully, it only results in one bottle of liquor.
- Heroic BSOD: Has a big one in the chapter "Chronicle's Promise" when Twilight crosses the Despair Event Horizon. However…
- Heavy Sleeper: Can be a tad difficult to wake up when he's asleep.
- Hidden Depths: While he's an outright fighter, he also has a spot for the tender-hearted, and when a foe is sympathetic, he displays sympathy in return.
- Hollywood Heart Attack: Thanks to the Harmony Link, he experiences this whenever Fluttershy is in danger.
- Hope Is Scary: Felt like this as a result of his failure to avenge his friends by killing Discord after exiting his rage mode. To be the only one immune to his magic, and thus be the only one who has a chance to stop him, and yet it's at the same time it's impossible.
- Hurting Hero: In the sense that he's a protagonist in his story, he becomes one after his failure to avenge his friends by killing Discord. It resulted in one bottle of bourbon drunk, nightmares, and an obsession in training that his friends had to snap him out of by force. He had also got himself drunk whenever he had failed to protect his (past) charge (and never at any other time) (two from death and one from molestation).
- Hyper Awareness: Comes with his job as bodyguard. Unfortunately, it has gone a bit rusty due to his days of mostly peace.
- Hyper Competent Sidekick: Is this to any incompetent charges he has. At present, he's this to Twilight Sparkle alongside Spike.
- Hypothetical Casting: The author pretends his VA to be Alanna Ubach, who voiced the hero of El Tigre.
- Ineffectual Death Threats: Averted in his fight with Discord; he really was fighting to kill, it's just that the nature of his opponent makes this impossible.
- In Love with Your Carnage: Downplayed version. One of Chronicle's reasons he's attracted to Fluttershy; any time she stands up for herself and makes others cower renders him dreamy.
- Innocent Cohabitation: He's lives with Twilight Sparkle in the library. At the next season however, he sometimes sleeps at Fluttershy's, and it's not this trope.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Mystic Shield attempts to do this on him once, except at that time he isn't brainwashed or mind-controlled, just obsessive and mentally unstable.
- I Thought Everyone Could Do That: At some point, Chronicle realizes that only he can see the colors of unicorns' auras outside magical blasts, barriers, and his own "horn blade" without the aid of a spell.
- It's Personal: Taking down Discord becomes this once all of his friends are broken and he thinks he's the only one left who can stand up against him.
- And with Tirek after he destroys the library, which still had Rock and the wyvern egg he got inside it, although both did survive.
- I Work Alone: While he knows he can count on his friends, he sometimes prefers solving problems by himself.
- Kamehame Hadoken: One of his offensive spells (aside from his "magic horn blade") is the ability to shoot shuriken-shaped magic blasts. In his "super form", he can also unleash a powerful bolt of energy that can devastate the field, launch a storm of "shurikens", and even do the Turtle Devastation Wave when in a higher level.
- The Kirk: Though he leans a bit more on the locigal end.
- Know When To Fold Them: Once after fighting Garble and his posse, and once during the changeling fight in Canterlot; after finding his Element of Harmony, he figured that to continue fighting might earn their ire to reach levels even he couldn't handle.
- Laser Blade: His signature spell, the "magic horn blade", is capable of being a mere bludgeon to slicing solid rock in half. He can also phase it through certain materials to inflict pain on the innards of his targets. The only things he is unable to cut (but can still phase his "blade" through) are dragon scales and whatever Discord's outer body is made of.
- Let Me at Him!: Sometimes has this in mind whenever he's deprived of a fight.
- Let's Get Dangerous: When in battle, he's always serious, even if he sometimes holds back.
- Lightning Bruiser: Can be this when totally serious in a battle, especially when bringing his beatdown on Discord and his battle against Tirek alongside Twilight.
- Little "No": Says this a couple of times before fainting at the sight of Fluttershy corrupted.
- Love at First Sight: Averted when it came to Fluttershy. It was only after the events of "Dragonshy" did his feelings for her begin to manifest.
- Magical Security Cam: As a member of the Story Crew, his Surveillance serves as this, though he is aided by others as well.
- Magic Knight: Is well-balanced in the magical and physical department, although is more on the latter in terms of offense. However, without his magic, he's physically weaker than Rarity in terms of offense.
- Mana Drain: Chronicle has a "magic transfer" spell that can either play this trope straight or invert it. It only works for unicorns and alicorns, and had a very negative effect when he attempt to use this on a changeling. He also found himself on the receiving end by Tirek.
- Master Character Heroes: He falls mostly under Ares: The Protector.
- Master of Illusion: Eventually learns how to cast a spell to do this on himself and his magical clones.
- Meaningful Name: At first his name doesn't reflect what he does. It turns out he deliberately invokes this trope on himself and his family to represent what his organization does.
- Me's a Crowd: Can create magical clones that can cast the same spells as he does, but are incapable of doing physical activities and dissipate in one hit.
- Mood-Swinger: He can be like this a few times. Once, when punishing the Cutie Mark Crusaders for making Fluttershy cry with their gossip paper, one moment he's offering to help and was understanding, then he's delivering punishment on them and threatening them to not do it again, then after they promise he's calm once more.
- Mr. Vice Guy: His vice is a penchant for considering violence as an option, which often brings him at odds with his more pacifistic friends. He often has to restrain himself so as to maintain his friendship with them and his concern with public opinion keeps him from (openly) taking the extremist path.
- Multicolored Hair: Bears an orange-yellow mane and tail.
- Mundane Utility: The "magic horn blade" isn't just for fighting enemies; it can be used for breaking stuff too for demolition work.
- My Greatest Failure: If his failure to protect his friends from falling to Discord's spell wasn't enough, it's compounded by his failure to get revenge on them by killing the culprit. While his friends do get better and they manage to stop him, the scars of this "double failure" still remain and he has since sworn to improve his skills.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: He can sense whenever somepony is disguised by means other than clothes (e.g. magic, illusions, etc.). He's still unable to tell who is behind the disguise, though.
- Never Say "Die": Zigzags depending on the situation.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: As a unicorn who can learn new spells as easily as Twilight (but without as much curiosity or diligence to learn everything he finds), it's justifiable.
- No, I Am Behind You: During his bout with Discord, the two of them did this twice with each other via teleportation. The first time, it was ended with Chronicle teleporting to the side and pulling off his attack. The second time, it took a while, but Discord won that one.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Delivers one on Discord in a fit of rage, who only survives by virtue of who he is.
- Non-Standard Character Design: In spite of being a male, he's a mare in every exterior aspect but mane, tail, and eyelashes.
- Not a Morning Pony: Usually wakes up late and has to be awoken by either Spike or Twilight. This has lessened as the story progresses.
- The One Guy: Aside from Spike, he's the only male within the circle of friends. Mystic Shield doesn't count as he's outside the circle.
- One-Hour Work Week: Played straight with his "bodyguarding" contract and played with with his co-teacher career in Mystic Shield's Self-Defense Academy For Unicorns (classes usually last as long as the plot requires it, and because Mystic keeps a flexible schedule).
- Only Sane Pony: Moreso than Twilight, but while even he blows his top off at times, he never does anything irrational. Except that one time he got obsessed with training after his greatest failure, and his friends had to fight him to snap him out of it.
- The Paralyzer: He conjures magical circles to do these to his targets. Unlike most circles, his is merely made easier with actual circles on the ground and just needs to exert a bit more in proportion to how much of the circle is physically present. With sufficient power, he can even pin down Discord and prevent him from teleporting away.
- Photographic Memory: He can remember the events of any of his expreiences in life; it's recalling them that's a bit of a problem.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Unicorns are not known for their physical strength, but Chronicle's is considerably physically fit by average earth pony standards and can take a few strong hits even without a barrier. However, in terms of physical strength, without magically enhancing himself, he's weaker than Rarity.
- Plot-Based Voice Cancellation: Sometimes used to prevent Chronicle (and any other OC) from solving the canon plot earlier than it should.
- Power Glows: When entering his "super form".
- Pony Hammer Throw: Thanks to his "tether spell", he can do this to anybody of sufficient weight or heavier (with enough momentum). With enough speed, he can smash a pony through a wall.
- Power Copying: Is quite adept, but not to Twilight's extent, though this is because of 'selective learning'; he chooses what spells he learns.
- Power Perversion Potential: Averted with the use of his Surveillance, which he essentially uses to keep tabs on the Mane Six, Spike, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and Mystic Shield. He even makes a Pinkie Promise to not do this.
- Pop Cultured Badass: Being a member of the Story Crew can lead to this, though he excuses those by saying he learned them from his experiences with previous charges, which are sometimes true.
- Post-Victory Collapse: After all the fighting he's been through (including several recoveries after severe beat-ups) which finally ended in resealing Discord back in stone, after saying "We did it." to his friends, he finally passes out. Upon waking up three days later, Princess Celestia explains that somehow using at least twice the amount of magic he normally has in a day does that.
- Projectile Spell: In the form of shurikens (ninja throwing stars).
- Psychic Link: Apparently, thanks to the Elements of Harmony, Chronicle possesses a bond of this manner towards the Mane Six called the Harmony Link. Whenever one of them is in significant danger or is losing their mind, a corresponding body part of his begins to react. List of effects
- Apparently, he wasn't the first to have this Link.
- Real Stallions Wear Pink: Exposure to lots of female friends has led him to like their stuff as well.
- He even cross-dresses as a singing idol in "Lunar Eclipsed".
- And before that, he put on the fancy dress Applejack put on during Twilight's first slumber party. All while keeping a straight face.
- Psychic Powers: Has telekinesis like all unicorns. He also bears a Psychic Link with the bearers of the Elements of Harmony.
- The Red Mage: Although to a lesser extent compared to Twilight.
- Relationship Upgrade: Come "Season 2", he's become more-than-friends with Fluttershy, and is learning what it means to be a boyfriend.
- Roaring Rampage of Rescue: Once did this for one of his past charges after she got kidnapped by Discord cultists. He stormed their lair, and slaughtered every single one of them. He was too late however, as she had contracted Cutie Fracture while she was tortured, which led to her committing suicide days later. He regarded it as his second greatest failure.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Goes under one of these in a fit of desperation against Discord after finding out what he did and that he thinks he's the only one left who can stand against the spirit.
- He has a somewhat more controlled instance of this when up against Tirek.
- Romance Genre Heroes: Falls under The Warrior.
- Sanity Slippage: Slowly underwent this during his training stint after Discord's defeat. Thankfully, it seems to be his only instance.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Does this in the few moments he does get scared, like cowering behind Fluttershy at one time, and outright fainting at another upon seeing her crazed at the Gala. And in other moments too, sometimes intentionally.
- Shaping Your Attacks/Spontaneous Weapon Creation: Chronicle can generate a blade of magic from his horn.Technically, he can do this on things like sticks and broken sword hilts, but prefers to use it with his horn.
- The Snark Knight: A light example, but a shade "darker" than Twilight.
- Sparkling Stream of Tears: While doing his And This Is for... attack on Discord, he produces these right before dedicating his next blow to Fluttershy.
- Staggered Zoom: If the fic were a show, this would be used to punctuate Chronicle's It's Personal.
- Staircase Tumble: Suffers this when averting his eyes from the asleep turned-human Fluttershy's exposed breasts. Thankfully for him, it was All Just a Dream, and the head pain he got was from Angel kicking him awake.
- Story Breaker Power: His Surveillance system. Only its occasional instances of static prevent it from solving problems faster than in canon.
- Super Mode: First activated just before starting his attack on Discord for everything he's done, Chronicle possesses something like this, which multiplies his magical reserves, his power, and ease of control with it. Pretty much a blatant ripoff of the Super Saiyan forms, as it comes along with his head hair turning spiky and Phosphor-Essence, though he also has the colors of his eyes' scleras and irises reversed. The only thing missing would be his hair being dyed yellow as (part of) it is already in that color.
- During the second battle with the changelings, thanks to the Secretariat Comet, he can take this to the next level with additional energy pegasus-type wings.
- He was also imbued with the Rainbow Power, which gave him the same appearance as his "rage mode", but with added red and green, and minus the eye change.
- Super Speed: Chronicle has a spell that can help accomplish this, although even with it he's no closer to matching Rainbow Dash's. Or Applejack's for that matter.
- Squishy Wizard: While he's hardly this, without magical enhancements, he's physically weaker than Rarity in terms of offense.
- Surveillance as the Plot Demands: He owns a system called Surveillance that allows him to check on his friends (and the Cutie Mark Crusaders). However, he's unable to exploit them to their fullest due to sometimes getting "white noise", often when he needs to use Surveillance. He's perfectly aware of the Unfortunate Implications this entails and a Pinkie Promise he makes further curbs these thoughts, but also limits its usefulness in the process.
- Teleporters and Transporters: In two flavors; the usual that Twilight also uses, and the Flash Step example above.
- Temporarily A Villain: A thankfully contained case during his training obsession in the chapter "The Dangers of Vengeance".
- Teleport Spam: With the use of his Flash Step-type teleportation, he can do this during fights.
- Thousand-Yard Stare: Experiences this after discovering what Discord did to corrupt Fluttershy, coupled with a Dramatic Drop of his Surveillance monitor. He snaps out of this right after.
- There Is Only One Bed: After Applejack and Rarity end up sharing his bed, he ends up sharing with Twilight. He ends up not being able to sleep, not because of the fact he's sleeping with her, but because of all the arguing his bed's two occupants were having. And during their accidental trip to Solaris Equestria, he sleeps with his sister Timerity while their charges shared the other bed.
- This Means War!: Immediately declares this right after the above. Well, more like It's Personal, but the spirit of the trope is still there.
- Token Trio: After Twilight's ascension, once she ceases to be a unicorn, he "fills in her space" to maintain the two race-trios.
- Traumatic Superpower Awakening: While this didn't exactly happen to Chronicle after discovering what exactly Discord did to his friends, it gave him the rage needed to first enter his Super Mode, which he entered just before engaging him in a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown.
- Turn the Other Cheek: Does his best to be this to any 'villain' by at least giving them a chance, the only exceptions being Discord pre-Heel-Face Turn, and Tirek. As for his friends, he's all too eager to smack them for whatever wrongdoings they have done, so it's a half-example.
- Twice Shy: With Fluttershy only when attempting to ask her out or when in a situation that can be easily seen as sexual. Otherwise, he's just focused as always.
- Twitchy Eye: Gets this upon hearing that Discord was to be released so he could be reformed.
- Two Boys To A Team: Only him and Spike in proportion to six girls. Gets subverted with the addition of Mystic Shield later on.
- Undying Loyalty: Though he shouldn't be having this since he's a freelance bodyguard, his long-term contract with Princess Celestia has made him forge this to his friends.
- Unsettling Gender-Reveal: Gets into a few cases of these sometimes.
- Unstoppable Rage: Comes in two degrees. While he's not easy to anger, there are those who have pushed his buttons, and paid for it in various degrees. When Gilda scared off Fluttershy, he gave her a solid beating, even though he lost the fight. When he discovered just how Discord shattered his friends, taking him down became a personal matter, and he delivered a very brutal beatdown.
- Walk on Water: Chronicle has a spell that can let him do this (and works as well on anything he would normally fall through like mud [[spoiler:and cotton candy]). However, it only works on calm surfaces.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: He doesn't do it often (given that as a pony, clothes are optional), but when he does, he can keep a straight face.
- With Due Respect: Does this with Twilight after she became an alicorn whenever he's angry at her for something she did. Variation since he'd been friends with Twilight even before the ascension.
- The Worf Effect: Being the only true fighter in the group (more than Rainbow Dash and Applejack), he gets hammered by this. But unlike most, he doesn't get beaten soundly at the start. In any other situation, he's going easy.
- In the case with Sunset Shimmer however, this trope goes full force. With specific spells, she was able to smash his barrier, take out all his magical clones, and even escape his "binding circle" spell without overpowering him.
- Would Hit a Girl
- Would Hurt a Child: But not do serious harm, thankfully for Gabby Gums, a.k.a. the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and infrequently Diamond Tiara.
- White Glove: Has one shaped like Spike's claw as a gift from Pinkie Pie.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Chronicle is scared of “cuties” going berserk/psycho, and beings wreathed in flames/have flaming hair/are made of fire/have fire implemented in their outer physiology. For some reason, phoenixes don't count.