Fanfic Recs: Blue Exorcist
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here: These are recommendations made by Tropers for Blue Exorcist, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be. Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexualnote or non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.
The Other Side by Missgen
The End of the Beginning by SuperiorDimwit
The House That Fear Built by Dictionary Ink
The Thing about Girls by thundercow
Memories of You by Gloomiebunny009
Authors, and WebsitesNone yet. Veränderung by storiewriter
- Recommended by shurasan
- Synopsis: AU. When Rin was six years old, he got in trouble in school. Fearing the disappointment of his father, he did not walk home with Yukio. Instead, he took a left turn-and future events started to shift. Rated T for safety.
- Recommended by anya1594
- Synopsis: AU. What happens when Rin gets pulled into the world of Gehenna? What will happen to Rin? What will become of everyone else? A story starting from the beginning, then heads in a different direction to explore a new side of Ao No Exorcist.
- Recommended by XxAlysxX
- Synopsis: some matches are made in heaven, some in hell: and some, quite rare and quite peculiar, are made on earth. - An attempt at the story before the manga. now with its own page
- Recommended by Fazed343
- Synopsis: AU. In a world where someone else found the twins that snowy night, Rin leads a demon army. Rated M.
- Pairing(s): Rin/Shiemi; Yukio/Shura
- Recommended by Mellow T
- Synopsis: Rin, on the subject matter of girls that make his life that much tougher. — Rin, ladies of AoE
- Pairing(s): Hinted Rin/Shiemi
- Recommended by Love Psycho
- Synosis: Rin's and Izumo's relationship was an odd one that confused the group around them and themselves. Despite that they both decided to make happy memories together.
- Pairing(s): Rin/Izumo, hinted Yukio/Paku and side Amaimon/Shiemi
- Comments: Starts off as just a regular slice of life kind of thing, a collection of inter-connected one-shots encompassing the relationship between Rin and Izumo and how it effects their surroundings. But as of chapter fifteen it has taken a different turn, heading into AU territory and into more serious matters. Anyone who likes Rin/Izumo should take a peek, as it switches between gooey sweetness, humour, tears and even a few awesome moments as it charts the path of their future. The fact that it often stops to address the fact that since Rin is half-demon (and, more importantly, the Son of Satan) and how that effects their relationship is an intriguing aspect as it adds more complications to the relationship (and embarrassment to Rin!). Characters are generally kept in character with only a few minor deviations that can be waved away as a changed in circumstances. Though one should keep in mind that the author has chosen to go with Comic-Book Time and that one cannot expect things to follow a normal flow of time.