Fanfic Recs: Kirby
If these fics were cake, Kirby would perform horrifying murder to eat them. These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be. Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.
The Dream Land Story by GameTrekker
Naraku VS Kirby by Kinkatia (Crossover with Inuyasha)
To Find Oneself by Curimuch
Galacta: The story of Galactic Knight by Zero-Three
Any Wish by DoceoPercepto
Through the Flames of Revenge by DragoonMach5
Kirby: Right Back at Ya! Odyssey of Dreams by [Chrono Weapon]
It's just play by Cryssy-miu
Forgiveness by Tsutarja-cuteness101
Kirby of the Stars: The After Story by Leer Justice
An Unlikely Sort Of Paradise by shadowwolf75 (ff.net, AO3)
Prince of Demon Beasts by CosmicGiraffe
Kirby! Dreamland Chronicles by SilverWarriorWolf
Gijinka Magolor Doujin by Janis
Authors, and WebsitesNone Yet. Warrior's Secret by Ivyna J. Spyder
- Recommended by Netbug and Katana Cat
- Synopsis: "A year after Nightmare's defeat, news of a dark army shatters the short time of peace. Meta Knight leads Kirby and his comrades on another desperate journey to defeat him once and for all. Will uncovering Kirby's secrets be the key?"
- Recommended by Firekid2
- Synopsis: Popopo lived a peaceful life on the planet Dreamland, until the hostile takeover of King Dedede. Follow him though his trials as he becomes a star warrior in this interesting AU look into the Kirby universe
- Recommended by Akatsuki Daybreak
- Synopsis: Exactly What It Says on the Tin. Kirby mysteriously finds himself in feudal Japan and causes a lot of trouble for Naraku and his incarnations.
- Recommended by She Who Chews Gum
- Synopsis: "Kirby's simple personality and way of life passes onto Metaknight with a single playful action from the child warrior. Was it just what Metaknight needed? Or was a balance in the world broken by this?"
- Recommended by warpy
- Synopsis: What if Galacta Knight of KSSU was in the plot of the show? What would his story be – his ties with Meta Knight and the Galaxy Soldier Army? This is primarily a Kirby show/Kirby Super Star Ultra game crossover, set in the show's universe.
- Recommended by BabyCharmander and warpy
- Synopsis: Funny, how wishes can change. Marx's life, before he wished to control Popstar - from his PoV. 'Scuz the general crappiness.
- Recommended by Spideymonfan101
- Synopsis: Shortly after his defeat, Magolor ends up in the inferno. He meets and befriends Marx and other villains who have all fallen to Kirby's skill. As they band together to gain the keys to a second chance on the surface, secrets are revealed, souls are unbound, and the past comes back to haunt both Magolor and Marx.
- Reccommended by Spazzyboy
- Synopsis: Taking place one year after Nightmare's defeat, Cappy Town is visited by a jester named Marx who intends to rule with eight ancient mystical stones called Dream Stones. Meanwhile, a force far more terrible than Nightmare arrives, known as Dark Matter. Kirby sets out with friends to locate all the Dream Stones to hopefully defeat Marx, the Dark Matter and even a mechanical clone!
- Comments: A lot of fun to read with its truckload of continuity nods to the games. Interestingly, it takes more from the English 4Kids dub then the original Japanese one unlike most fanfics of the anime.
- Reccommended by Readrunners
- Synopsis: In a typical training session with Meta Knight, Kirby decides to change his training a little bit...non slash, just fatherly affection.
- Comments: Cuteness overload.
- Reccommended by Readrunners
- Synopsis: Magolor has come back to apologize...but the star warrior isn't in the mood for this.
- Comments: This fic paints Kirby in different, unusual light you might never think before.
- Recommended by Misterian
- Synopsis: Taking place after Nightmare's defeat by Kirby in the anime, Kirby's adventures continue as the game storylines are entwined into his life. Kirby meets new friends, foes, and foes turned into friends throughout his new adventures.
- Comments: Although it follows the anime continuity to some extent, This fic is actually a series of story arcs that are written somewhat as novelizations of many of the Kirby games, including Kirby 64 and even stories of Kirby Super Star Ultra, but expanded upon to allow for great character developement, especially for Kirby, who in some ways gradually becomes somewhat wiser and more mature as the story progresses, yet also consistently remains the innocent and adorable Kid Hero we all know and love in the process.
- Recommended by Tomaton
- Synopsis: AU anime fic: Customer Service escapes the destruction of Holy Nightmare only to land right back in the frying pan on Popstar. Can he figure out how to get along without Nightmare on a planet full of enemies?
- Comments: The story was published way back in 2008 and lay dormant for a while until now, the author having made plans to revive it. The writing is superbly good at capturing the characters and the action, feeling like a genuine continuation of the anime albeit with some minor tweaks. There are some non-canon things such as mentions of OCs and a fan name for Customer Service, but they are well-presented and don't distract from the plot.
- Recommended by Magnus Force
- Synopsis: "Why did he look upon the GSA so highly? Did he really believe they were fighting for justice? While they saved the lives of all other races, they murdered his kind upon sight... and it was the pain and suffering of demon beasts that bled upon battlefields..." Meta Knight's personal fight for glory and honor... all the while, struggling to hang on to his past...
- Recommended by TheCosmicPenguin
- Status: In progress
- Synopsis: (From the author) "AU. Kirby is a little Star Warrior living out his life in Dreamland. Follow his adventures as he faces his foes, makes new friends, and does everything he can to keep his beautiful home at peace."
- Comments: The story makes superb use of all the characters and is written in an episodic style. There are a few non-canon OCs, but they are thoughtfully contrived and do not detract from the story in any way. Definitely has some clever twists thrown in as well.
Webcomics and FanartHoshii no Kaabii Journey Diary by Dal Sifo Dyas
- Recommended by Twisted Midnight Dreams
- From the Kirby of the Stars anime, the Journey Diary of Meta Knight, Sword Knight and Blade Knight, from the day Sword and Blade swore fealty to Meta Knight until their arrival on Pop Star.
- Recommended by warpy
- Well, this is certainly a first—it's the first part of a 100+ page Kirby doujin trilogy (which is almost unheard of, for this fandom) done in gijinka form! Contains major spoilers for Kirby's Return to Dream Land, and explores Magolor's backstory, as well as the origin of the Lor Starcutter, before Kirby and his crew battle Magolor Soul.