KatanaTheFeline: I'm bored
Hi! I'm Katana Cat
(clearly), also known as Katana or Katie. Please don't call me Katie, though, because I'm relatively certain that most of the Earth's female, English-speaking population has my name
, and I'd rather avoid the confusion that may arise. I'm 16 at the moment, and I've lived in Australia most of my life (though I was born in the US). I frequent the forums when possible, visiting Forum Games every day if not overly distracted my shiny objects, and sometimes also visiting Yack Fest and on rare occasions Video Games, as well as on almost-equally rare occasions the furry thread in Troper Covens. I honestly don't have much else to say that I don't say in those trope folders down there. Still working on my page, since I can't do everything (and I'm too lazy to finish anything).
Yahoo: kkatana16 (doesn't really work though)
: katie_dumpling (it's a very old account, which my mom named)
Notice a theme here? On most of these sites I call myself what I do because "Katana" is already taken, and I like cats. A lot. Time for the obligatory list of tropes that apply to me...
Oh, but before all that stuff: vandals go here
open/close all folders
Stuff I like, or something
Still working on this section.
Has added images to
This is a folder
- Bi the Way... or something? I don't even know any more.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: According to my parents.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Acting like a cat up to and including playing with yarn and (accidentally) killing a mouse can't really be classified as much else. Also, my brain naturally moves at the pace of a hyperactive caffeinated squirrel with ADD. When talking to people, I try and slow it down. It... doesn't really work.
You have taken weirdness and elevated it to an art form. As it should be.
- Forgetful Jones: I seem to be turning into this. Random useless trivia seems to be generally immune to the memory hole.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: So much so that I had the longest Troper Tales entry on there. Seems to run in the family, as my mom also has a few.
- Companion Cube: A stuffed horse named Lightning I've had since I was 4.
- Grammar Nazi: Thanks to my mom, who is literally a genius.
- Nightmare Fetishist: I appear to be becoming this, as well.
- Not a Morning Person: Don't wake me too early unless you have a good reason... or just want to have a stuffed bull thrown at you.
"If something comes in, bubbling and groaning, don't get between it and the cereal shelf."
"Wait, I don't bubble."
"Well, what do you do right before you cough?"
- Out-of-Character Moment: Prone to saying odd things when sleepy.
- The Quiet One: I'm extremely shy, usually have nothing to say, and I'm so quiet that people don't hear me half the time when I do. I find it much easier to talk to people online, though. Which brings us to...
- Shrinking Violet
- Sophisticated as Hell: I try to avoid talking like this, for various reasons, but it gets pretty damn hard sometimes.
- Trademark Favorite Food
- Wise Beyond Their Years: When people try to guess my age, Hilarity Ensues, at least in my opinion. I'm only 16, but people seem to be convinced I'm older.
- Aerith and Bob
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Violet and Sabuko, who are purple and blue, respectively.
- Author Avatar: Present in the occasional sketch.
- Blush Sticker: Increasingly common.
- Cat Smile: Also increasingly common.
- Feather Fingers: Averted. Birds have wings, not hands. They manipulate objects with their beaks and feet, like in real life.
- Funny Animal
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Yes, Cheryl is good, and her scar is nothing more than a line under one eye. However, it is perfectly justified by how she got it.
- Hands In Pockets: Hands are a bitch to draw, so I tend to have them behind a character's back. I'm also not too fond of drawing knees.
- Noodle Incident: A few, such as how Cheryl got her scar.
- Puni Plush: Leaning more and more towards this.
- Rule of Cute
- Say It with Hearts: From time to time.
- Seldom Seen Species: Thylacines, swamp wallabies, sugar gliders, galahs, and crest-tailed mulgaras, among others.
- Super-Deformed: The only way I can draw something past a certain level of humanoid.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: I really wish I could draw something that isn't cute.
- Walking Techbane: Fern, who is a swamp wallaby.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: Always follows one of Violet's parties.
- Wingding Eyes: When I'm having an off-day and can't draw eyes very well.
Some tropes about my life, or something
- Cock-a-Doodle Dawn / Ring... Ring... CRUNCH: The roosters have received a number of things for their crowing over time, in part because contrary to popular belief it is not limited to dawn at all. These things include having water dumped on them, having origami shuriken thrown at them, being told to shut up, and of course varyingly creative death threats that they don't understand. The favorite interpretation of what R-RR-RUUURRrrrr means in Chicken? "I want to be soup!"
- Hello, Insert Name Here: I has some fun with the names of our first two hens: Caramel and Dansen.
- Walking Techbane: Starting to suspect a mild case of this. When I sit down at a computer, something will probably crash within a few minutes.
Misc. (hey, my files directory is the same!)
- Catch Phrase: "Why is that there?" "...Because it isn't somewhere else?" and "What's up?" "The sky/ceiling/sun/heat/volume." or alternatively, I sometimes give a Long List of everything that's up on my computer.
- Gratuitous Japanese: If I feel like it (usually just when I'm alone, or thinking, or naming something in a game).
- Foreign Cuss Word: Mostly limited to profanity. No real reason, it just adds a bit of variation.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: According to those around me. This is not always the case, and sometimes they aren't even playing any sound (if I bother with them at all). I could easily ignore people without any music (whether I want to or not), anyway.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: "BRB dog in fridge on fire" "Oh look at the time, my gerbil has to have a swimming lesson in 5 minutes!"
- Noodle Implements: I once made posts about them on my Facebook wall so often it's become a bit of a Running Gag. It usually involves a Gameboy Advance port of an old game, as well as a few food items (potato chips, soy sauce, etc.), and I tend to try and get people to guess what the items could be used for. It's funny, according to me at least.
- One True Pairing: Of course.
- Unusual Euphemism: When I'm not frustrated to the point of not being able to think of them, I like to invoke this. I think it's fun.
- Weirdness Magnet: Everyone in my household seems to be this, as well as unusual themself - we know strange people. Like attracts like, I guess. When it comes to particularly strange, there's the guy who chased a wannabe-burglar down the street with a sword for a couple of blocks before noticing he didn't have any clothes on, among others.
- Who Names Their Kid Nova? My parents, that's who. It's only my middle name, and is in fact is very awesome. I think so, anyway. It also gets pretty useful when it comes to usernames, generally if what I want is taken.
- Bored Fangirl
- From back during my Sonic-obsessed days.
- Bored as ever
- I already regret this
- I changed to that when starting to use a pony icon, when I had decided I would never do that.
- Needs more sugar
- Too many cranes
- peanuts and cinnamon
- Inexplicably Winged
- still bored
- Leader of the Monkey Army
- Eevee Breeder
- I wish I wasn't so easily distracted, because then I might actually be better about finishing what I sta... oh hey, a butterfly!
- Cool idea: Evil schoolbus crashes costume party, nuns fight it.
- Missing: one mind. If you happen to find it, please return it to me, because I appear to have lost it. Wait, there it is.
- For the first couple minutes of using that one, I forgot the "wait, there it is" part somehow.
- Maybe some chocolate would help me think of a funny signature?
- There is no duck.
- Normality is out to lunch.
- The number you have dialed is not a letter.
- As it turns out, most problems are flammable. Unfortunately, happy friendly Cthulhu is also flammable. So is his party hat.
- I like Scribblenauts. I have a habit of using flamethrowers and Cthulhu for pretty much everything, and enjoy making things wear hats (and sometimes sunglasses). And have learned to make everything I want to keep be invincible and fireproof.
- I have seen the future, and before you ask: no, it is not particularly interesting.