How I found this site (paraphrased)
- KatanaTheFeline: I'm boredeyemageone: [link to the main page]KatanaTheFeline: ??eyemageone: thats where i go to kill time
- Yahoo: kkatana16 (doesn't really work though)AIM: KatanaTheFelineGaia Online: Katana Nova CatNeopets: katie_dumpling (never let anyone choose a username for you, seriously)Backup TV Tropes login: Katana Nova Cat
open/close all folders
Stuff I like, or somethingStill working on this section... until I die or the site permanently borks, probably.
- Bathroom Stall Graffiti
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Everything's Better with Plushies
- Funny Animal
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog
- Little Bit Beastly
- Look Behind You: I love this to death and beyond. I try not to overuse it, though, because then it could stop working.
- "Look, a distraction!""Hm. Looks like there's glitter on the floor. Also a screw."
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot
- Noodle Implements
- Non Sequitur
- Mondegreen: All things related to it.
- The Not Secret
- Stuff Blowing Up: But then, who doesn't?
- Surprise Creepy
- What Did I Do Last Night?
Has added images to
This is a folder
- Creepy Shadowed Undereyes: Doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I've still got 'em for some bizarre reason...
- Cute Little Fangs: It's not fun biting your tongue when you have teeth like this, I can tell you. Which is why my mouth is full of scars. OW.
- Fun T-Shirt: Pretty much always wearing one.
- Important Haircut
- Messy Hair: For a long time, I refused to brush my hair at all. I'm over the hatred of hairbrushes now, but they only help so much (plus, mine is broken and frequently missing).
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Thanks to the fact I don't get out much.
- Stubborn Hair
- Allergic to Routine
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: I probably have actual ADHD, though I haven't been tested for anything. I'm generally either having problems focusing or hyper-focusing to the extent that I'm likely to forget to take care of myself.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: According to my parents.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Acting like a cat up to and including having played with yarn and (accidentally) killed a mouse can't really be classified as much else. Also, my brain naturally moves at a completely ridiculous rate. When talking to people, I try and slow it down. It... doesn't really work.
"You have taken weirdness and elevated it to an art form. As it should be."
- Talkative Loon: This can happen when I'm tired. Which is often.
- Companion Cube: A stuffed horse named Lightning, which I've had since I was 4.
- Grammar Nazi: Thanks to my mom, who is literally a genius.
- Knight in Sour Armor
- Keet: If you manage to catch me in a truly good mood.
- Naming Conventions: I share my first name with about half of the Earth's female English-speaking population (although I intend to chance that), and my middle name with a clockwork space god... thing that grants wishes.
- Nightmare Fetishist: I like absurdly cute things, but prefer when they have nice big dose of Surprise Creepy.
- Not a Morning Person: Don't wake me too early unless you have a good reason. I will be annoyed. And it probably won't work very well anyway.
"If something comes in, bubbling and groaning, don't get between it and the cereal shelf.""Well, what do you do right before you cough?"
- This has shifted a bit over time, from spending mornings in a zombie-like state where I refuse to do anything that doesn't involve breakfast, to being simply rather slow for a while and having no self-control or decision-making skills during that time. This, combined with an internet connection, can be very bad. Results range from strange purchases to coming out as trans far sooner than actually-awake-me intended because sleepy-me was tired of waiting. When sleepy-me does anything online (or sometimes offline), panic will probably follow.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Prone to saying odd things when sleepy. Also, very talkative when sleepy.
- The Quiet One: I'm extremely shy, usually have nothing to say, and I'm so quiet that people don't hear me half the time when I do. I find it much easier to talk to people online, though. Which brings us to...
- Shrinking Violet
- Sophisticated as Hell: I try to avoid talking like this, for various reasons, but it gets pretty damn hard sometimes.
- Sweet Tooth: I have a set of metal shelves that were brought into my closet for extra storage space. One shelf was almost entirely dedicated to candy (before said candy was moved to make way for books). I think that sums it up.
- Trademark Favorite Food
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Has its problems. Which is why for a long time, what friends I did have were mostly far older than me.
Some tropes about my life, or something
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: One of the main reasons that many of my accounts, tumblr side blogs and other creations/projects/whatever tend to lie dormant for long stretches of time. I may or may not have actual ADHD. But that is not dead which can eternal lie...
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: I has some fun with the names of our first two hens: Caramel and Dansen.
- Walking Techbane: Starting to suspect a mild case of this. When I sit down at a computer, something will probably crash within a few minutes.
Misc. (hey, my files directory is the same!)
- Catch-Phrase: "Why is that there?" "...Because it isn't somewhere else?"
- Gratuitous Japanese: If I feel like it (usually just when I'm alone, or thinking, or naming something in a game).
- Foreign Cuss Word: I seem to learn insults faster than most other words.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: According to those around me. This is not always the case, and sometimes they aren't even playing any sound (if I bother with them at all). I could easily ignore people without any music (whether I want to or not), anyway.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: "BRB dog in fridge on fire" "Oh look at the time, my gerbil has to have a swimming lesson in 5 minutes!"
- Noodle Implements: I once made posts about them on my Facebook wall so often it became a bit of a Running Gag. I would also tend to try and get people to guess what the items could be used for.
- Player Tic: There is one word which sums up my reaction to a lot of different situations in video games. That word is "flamethrower". If there is no flamethrower, fire may still be involved somehow.
- Legacy Character: Certain Pokémon have had more than one incarnation, across save files and even different games. The most notable is Fluffy the Arcanine; he was a primary team member when I first tried playing one of the games on an emulator.
- Sidetracked by the Gold Saucer: My copy of Pokémon FireRed seems to be permanently stuck at the Rocket Game Corner for some reason...
- Unusual Euphemism: When I'm not frustrated to the point of not being able to think of them, I like to invoke this. I think it's fun.
- Weirdness Magnet: Everyone in my household seems to be this, as well as unusual themself - we know strange people. Like attracts like, I guess. When it comes to particularly strange, there's the guy who chased a wannabe-burglar down the street with a sword for a couple of blocks before noticing he didn't have any clothes on, among others.
- Who Names Their Kid Nova? My parents, that's who. It's only my middle name, and is actually pretty awesome. I think so, anyway. It also gets pretty useful when it comes to usernames, generally if what I want is taken.
Animations and original characters
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Jade and her blue scarf, for one.
- Author Avatar: A purple cat wearing a black hoodie.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Zig-zagged. Some characters have perfectly normal and natural colors for their species, and some... don't.
- Furry Confusion / Non-Standard Character Design: Most of my characters are bipedal, and often noticeably humanoid... except for Prince Starbright, who is a "normal" quadrupedal unicorn heavily inspired by Tokidoki Unicornos and My Little Pony (both of which I collect).
- Medium Blending: I like making backgrounds for my animations by raiding my craft supply stash and folding origami props rather than drawing them.
- Thick-Line Animation: Usually with dark blue or purple lines.
- No Sense of Direction: Just shy of being able to get lost in a perfectly straight hallway.
- Bored Fangirl
- ...Don't ask.
- Bored as ever
- I already regret this
- I changed to that when starting to use a pony icon, when I had decided I would never do that.
- Needs more sugar
- Too many cranes
- peanuts and cinnamon
- Inexplicably Winged
- still bored
- Leader of the Monkey Army
- A reference to Bloons Tower Defense.
- Eevee Breeder
- neither sharp nor fuzzy
- still here
- not on fire (thankfully)
- surfing the audio
- BEHIND YOU
- thylacines are cool
- I wish I wasn't so easily distracted, because then I might actually be better about finishing what I sta... oh hey, a butterfly!
- Cool idea: Evil schoolbus crashes costume party, nuns fight it.
- Missing: one mind. If you happen to find it, please return it to me, because I appear to have lost it. Wait, there it is.
- Maybe some chocolate would help me think of a funny signature?
- There is no duck.
- Normality is out to lunch.
- The number you have dialed is not a letter.
- As it turns out, most problems are flammable. Unfortunately, happy friendly Cthulhu is also flammable. So is his party hat.
- I have seen the future, and before you ask: no, it is not particularly interesting.
- Don't be afraid... I only want your soul.
- I think we all know how absurd this is.
- ♫ a true, true friend helps a friend in need ♫
- ♫ I don't want your sugar and spice ♫
- There are words here. You are reading them, probably.
- Fighting beats Steel, so make sure to punch a robot.
- Splash Canyon
- A track from Sonic Riders.
- the edge of nowhere
- a paper castle
- another nightmare
- a castle in the sky