Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Generator Rex
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Mending the Breach
by Solora Goldsun
Breach Of Etiquette
- Recommended by Random Chaos
- Pairing(s): Rex/Breach Noah/Crice Holiday/Six
- Synopsis: A Sad but Pretty Rex/Breach Shipping fic. Despite her need for order, her name is synonymous with "broken". Could Rex be the one to finally heal her?
Wants and Needs
- Recommended by The Other Steve
- Pairing(s): Rex/Breach, though just about every heterosexual Rex pairing gets acknowledged
- Synopsis: Rex wakes up one night to find a really unwanted guest in his room. Things proceed to get weirder really fast. Based off a dream I had; contains some romance and a lot of humor. Dang, there are a lot of canon girls in Rex's life. Occurs after Payback.
- Comments: Rex/Breach fascinates me, but it seems so hard to get right. This oneshot is the first time I've seen the pairing while keeping everyone 'perfectly in character. Not only is it cute and funny, but it never lets you forget that Breach is seriously messed up and keeps a creepy undercurrent throughout. The story hiccups a bit once the other girls show up, but definately worth checking out if you're interested in the pairing.
by Chimera Raven 33
Temptations and Conflictions
- Recommended by Hexling
- Pairing(s): Rex/Breach along with some eventual OC/Gatlocke action.
- Synopsis: Breach has left to redeem herself but realizes that she has felt something for Rex that she didn't think she would feel. She has submerged from hiding to come for him...and profess something shocking.
- Comments: The author keeps Rex and Breach as a sweet, cute couple but begins with just friends. Breach has resolved her mental issues and is a more reasonable character. Rex is in character as is everyone else. There is also an OC who's provided as Breach's friend and Gatlocke's love interest. All in all, a great fic.
by Chimera Raven 33
- Recommended by Hexling
- Pairing(s): Rex/Breach, Kit/Gatlocke, and Holiday/Six.
- Synopsis: Months have gone by within the blink of an eye. Rex and Breach want each other in an entirely different way now. No one really guessed the birds and the bees would be buzzing so early. Sequel to Wants and Needs.
- Comments: Much more deeper than the first fic. The rating has also bumped up. It's mostly for teens, so beware. But it's still a great fic. Rex and Breach's relationship is more explored. This story is also more serious. Some angst.
- Recommended by DarthAnimus
- Pairings: Rex/Noah, with background Six/Holiday
- Synopsis: For Noah, it's not unusual to accumulate scars when working as a soldier for Providence. However, Rex comes to vividly understand how strongly wounds affect not just those who bear them, but those who see them, too.
- Comments: This story builds Noah and Rex a future where they balance a relationship with the dangerous life of working for Providence and the domestic gentleness of the two's relationship works very well with the story's setting in the characters' adulthood, allowing them to grow up in a believable manner. This was the first "Noex" fanfic I read, and no other has been able to reach the same level of mature writing and emotionality.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Mind Over Matter
by Lord Goregore
Generator Rex Light in the Dark
- Recommended by Aulish
- Synopsis: He is Rex, a legend in his own mind and perhaps in the making. And he will have to be everything he believes, for a new mind is coming to the fray. And in this final stage of the battle...who will grasp the true horrors of desired victory?
- Comments: This fanfic mostly revolves around an OC—Schism—who is probably the meta-example of a Magnificent Bastard. Despite that, Schism is probably the best Generator Rex OC ever made, a seriously messed-up guy whose flaws Lord Goregore does not hesitate to portray as very, very wrong. But the canon characters get their fair share of awesomeness, and are written very in-character. With the exception of the violence and cussing, this fanfic is the closest thing to Original Flavour this troper has yet to witness.
by Neko LLX
How Do You Calculate BAC For EVOs
- Recommended by Neko LLX
- Synopsis: Caren is the protagonist of a RPG called Light and Dark, among other things she can absorb the darkness that causes people to degenerate into the monsters of the world. Rex cures Evo, humans infected by Nanites who can go crazy and turn into monsters. What happens when these two worlds collide?
- Tags: Crossover
by Arty d'Arc
- Recommended by Tetronix
- Synopsis: Normal teenagers go to parties. Normal teenagers drink and dance in sweaty, crowded rooms. Normal teenagers shotgun beers with swords and then get picked up in helicopters and have federal agents to hold their head out of the toilet . . .right?
- Comments: Rex getting drunk is automatically funny, but Arty d'Arc makes the idea of Rex getting deeply and painfully drunk hilarious. Everyone is in-character and it has some of the funniest lines I've come across. Her other fanfics are definitely worth checking out as well, even if you don't ship the pairings she writes about.