Proof that the remaining 10% is worth ripping your rose apart for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Ib Fan Fics
, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexualnote
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Forgotten Portrait ReCollection
Ib Voice Drama/Anime (Fan-made) (Part One)
- Recommended by RN 452
- Synopsis: "Five years after her adventure beyond the painting, the memory of Garry lingers in the darkest corners of her mind, and she visits his painting in the museum every day. Now she, as well as the museum's curator, are plunged into the new, more twisted world of Weiss Guertena, and Ib is offered a chance to save the man she once knew. But what price will she have to pay?" Based on the "Forgotten Portrait" ending.
Ib Fanime (Made in Miku Miku Dance) part one, two, and three (Spanish, with English subtitles in the captions)
- Recommended by Ace Of Scarabs, RN 452
- Synopsis: A fandub retelling of Ib's story, using video clips and art from fan-works on Nico Nico Douga and some video and music assets from the game.
A Painting's Demise Fandub
- Made by BoomBangProjet
- Recommended by the Ace Of Scarabs
- Synopsis: Another retelling of Ib, done in the 3d animation software Miku Miku Dance. Uses audio directly from the original game.
- Ace Of Scarabs: Despite the sometimes-not-so-good animation, this intepretion of Ib has its interesting moments and is worth a gander. It captures a lot of the feel of the art gallery's creepiness well.
(contains Ending Spoilers)
Ib: Cosplay Music Video
- Lyrics, directing, videography, mixing, and Mary by Lunacy
- Videography and Ib by Meririn
- Lyric edit, subs, and Garry by HetChrome
- Recommended by the Ace Of Scarabs
- Synopsis: A filksong for Ib, done to the tune of Ib's leitmotif Memory.
- Ace Of Scarabs: Nice costumes, a little Gratituous Japanese, and pretty good lyrics. Give it a gander.
- Recommended by Cool Kitten
- Synopsis: Set after the "Promise of Reunion" ending. Four years after the events of the gallery, Ib and Garry are still fast friends. However, one day they find that their town has become a strange painted world of its own and all the people have disappeared. When they try to figure out what is going on, Ib is suddenly snatched inside a painting, prompting Garry to go find her. Who is behind all this?
- Has a trope page Here
- Recommended by Chel
- Synopsis: Ib was determined not to enter the room beyond the thorn-covered vines and yellow roses. She knew something horrible was awaiting her, so she insisted she and Garry leave immediately. But nothing would have prepared her for the choice she would face instead. (An alternate ending where Ib sacrifices herself)
"The Drawing Book and Mary
" by kurozumiP, illustrated by yuno.
- Recommended by Cooler Kitten
- Synopsis: A beautiful Vocaloid song sung by Luka Megurine, sung from the point of view of Mary. The instrumentation is absolutely gorgeous and the take on the story from Mary's point of view really makes one feel sorry for her.
Ib All Alone
- Recommended by ninjapanda
- Synopsis: A post-game snippet for each of the endings in Ib, named after the games we play. Some dark, some fluffy.
Into The Breach
- Recommended by Bottled Fire
- Synopsis: -Oneshot- Since Garry's visit to the art gallery, he's been having strange nightmares, all involving a little girl. Are these nightmares just recurring dreams, or is it some sort of subconcious memory?
by Disciple of Ember
- Recommended by Nightshade1218
- Synopsis: Takes place after "Forever Together" ending: Ib lives a happy life with her parents and adopted sister Mary, but her dreams have been plagued by a man in a blue jacket. A man who seems all too familiar. When she returns to the gallery in search of answers, she and Mary will be dragged back into the world they fought to escape from. A world that is now under the control of phantom wearing the face of a friend.