Fanfic Recs: Harry Potter So Bad Its Good
Proof that the 90% can also be worth dying for
here. Though in this case it'll probably be of laughter.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for So Bad, It's Good Harry Potter
fanfic, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Conversion from the "Comments" section to the "Reviews" option is underway. If you are adding a fic, please help us out and use the new template-format on the Fanfic Recommendations Index Page. Please start moving your comments to the reviews sections as we will soon start removing them.
by Tara Gilesbie (Has its own Tv Tropes page here
by Secondpillow. Has its own page here.
Hogwarts of Heaven
- Recommended by: People with brain problems (of the "testosterone overdose" kind).
- Synopsis: A series of episodes with a limited relation to each other; most revolve around killing things and liberal usage of the eff-word. It starts with Doby wearing Powered Armor which has a chainsaw mounted on its groin, and gets more extreme from there.
by Silver Suffering (now Sraosha). (Link defunct. If anyone has a copy saved, feel free to share...)
- Recommended by: People who like Marty Stues, randomness and Bella Swan/Anita Blake-action.
- Synopsis: Chestere Le Valiente plays a rocking electric guitar solo on a shiny wooden saxophone while wondering what life would be like if he was a female 16 year old Indonesian gymnast who was secretly working to bring down the government and force the world to wear pink tuxedos. He is very disappointed that purple giraffes are not permitted to drink from the toilets at Hogwarts. And then, a whole load of even more random things happen.
Love at first sight
- Note by the author himself. After discovering the madness that was My Immortal, I wanted to try my hand at a trollfic. It had a few reviews, but after a while I lost interest. The idea was that every 10 chapters, we'd have a moment of normality where Draco tries to stop the madness, but I decided I wanted to write more serious stories. I've deleted the files, sadly, and I'm not tempted to rewrite any of it. Although reading that synopsis makes me laugh at how messed up the story became. Do feel free to check out Persona Duality, though! (lol shameless plug)
by Motley Krew . Has its own page here.
The God of the Lost
- Recommended by: People who like Minimalism.
- Synopsis: A shipping fic between Hermione and Severus Snape
Harry Potter and the Acts of Betrayal
- Recommended by Cherico
- Synopsis: Draco and Hermione get lost in Germany's Black Forest.
- Recommended by: Sharpfang, Looney Toons, feral
- Synopsis: The Semiclassic "everyone has been lying to Harry about everything" plot. Very AU. Bashing of pretty much everyone. Mind Control Sex. Language. Dumbledore decides the Old Families won't tolerate the Chosen One being with a mudblood. Sucks to be Ron and Ginny.
- Pairing(s): Harry/Hermione, Harry/Daphne Greengrass
- Tags: Lemon, Ron the Death Eater, Mary Sue, Canon Defilement
The Demon Who Lived
- Recommended by: Metz77
- Synopsis: Hooooly crap. The be-all-end-all of epic-length Drarry creature-fics. In an AU seventh year — the fic was written post-Half-Blood Prince, but Dumbledore is still alive — Harry comes into his magical inheritance, but instead of getting a boost to his magic, transforms into a fae/elf hybrid. Meanwhile, Narcissa Malfoy is tortured, raped and murdered (offscreen) for not allowing Voldemort to take Draco as a bride. Dumbledore gives asylum to Draco and Lucius while also keeping Harry at Hogwarts while he deals with his new powers. What follows is a 76,000-word-long snafu of a fic filled with labyrinthine logic, slash, smut, strange pairings, Ron (and Ginny!) the Death Eater, and mpreg, without a single character remaining in-character for more than a paragraph at a time.
- Pairing(s): Harry/Draco, Hermione/Blaise
- Tags: Lemon
Jaded Eyes of a Prodigy
- Recommended by feral
- Crossover with Naruto
- Synopsis: AU, The Potter family are descendents of Uzumaki Naruto and Harry was only "The Boy Who Lived" because the Juubi, a powerful demon, gave him a portion of his powers, making him a true demon and creature of darkness. With the combined knowledge of his ninja forebears, Demon!Harry's mischief turns Hogwarts upside down as he curbstomps his enemies into submission.
- Tags: Crossover, demons, Dark Is Not Evil, Het, Marty Stu, God-Mode Sue, Jerk Sue, Villain Sue, Mary Tzu, Dark!demon!ridiculously_overpowered!ninja!Harry, Evil Is Cool, Rule of Cool, Curb-Stomp Battle, Bad Ass, Kick the Son of a Bitch
and its sequel Jaded Eyes of a Haunted Soul
. Has its own page here
- Recommended by feral
- Pairings: non-explicit Tom/Harry, James/Lily, Snape/OFC, one-sided Snape/Lily, Harry/OMC, Alucard/Harry, Sirius/OFC, Dumbledore/Grindelwald
- Synopsis: Dark!Harry, Harry learned early anything you do you do for yourself. Discovering Magic early in life he will set out to change the world in a way no one expected. Dark, twisted and slightly insane he will give Voldemort a run for his money. However, not everything is as it seems and there are surprises at every turn. Will his revenge be obtained or like many before him will he fall short? In a world nothing is certain and power means everything a lot will stand in his way. Soon, Voldemort and the entire world will not know what hit them! Harry will surprise them all but mostly he will surprise himself, can he obtain it all or will the world fall apart around him? How will the Light handle the monster they have created?