Fan Fic: The Jaded Eyes Series
The Jaded Eyes Series
is a Harry Potter
Dark!Harry and non-explicit Slash Fic
that ships Harry and Voldemort. It consists of Jaded Eyes Of A Prodigy
and it's sequel Jaded Eyes Of A Haunted Soul
.Jaded Eyes Of A Prodigy
: "Harry learned early anything you do you do for yourself. Discovering Magic early in life he will set out to change the world in a way no one expected. Dark, twisted and slightly insane he will give Voldemort a run for his money. However, not everything is as it seems and there are surprises at every turn. Will his revenge be obtained or like many before him will he fall short? In a world nothing is certain and power means everything a lot will stand in his way. Soon, Voldemort and the entire world will not know what hit them! Harry will surprise them all but mostly he will surprise himself, can he obtain it all or will the world fall apart around him? How will the light handle the monster they have created?"
The sequel, Jaded Eyes Of A Haunted Soul
begins in the far future
of the Jaded Eyes
universe and the result of a careless tragedy sees Tristan on a dimension-hopping quest to get back what was taken from him and he encounters his canon counterpart, poor innocent Harry Potter, along the way..
The Jaded Eyes Series provides examples of:
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Madeline, a graduate student at Noctiluca, adopts Harry/Tristan on his request.
- Adaptational Attractiveness: Tom/Voldemort manages to NOT look like a noseless snake freak in this universe and is in fact is a very attractive man in his twenties.
- Affably Evil: Harry/Tristan, this version of Voldemort, Alucard, and the rest of Tristan's followers.
- Alas, Poor Villain: After getting stabbed in the gut by James Potter; Tristan sings his final song showing all present his memories and just what exactly has led him to this point.
- Alternate Universe Fic: the changes begin in the Jaded Eyes universe when Harry snaps and murders the Dursleys in their sleep when he was six years old.
- Androcles Lion: Harry/Tristan befriends Alucard after gives him a bite to drink and freeing him from the alchemical leash put on him by the Hellsing family.
- Anti-Villain: Harry/Tristan who was Driven to Villainy at the tender age of six after getting beaten nearly to death again by the Dursleys he figures it's either kill or be killed.
- Apocalypse How: Harry/Tristan brings about a Class 3... by singing.
- Axe Crazy: Harry/Tristan, Tom/Voldemort, Alucard.
- Biker Babe: Madeline
- Big Bad: Tristan is this in Jaded Eyes Of A Haunted Soul he's become so powerful that when he arrives at Canon!Hogwarts the oppressive power of his magic prevents any of the staff or students at Hogwarts from even moving.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Harry/Tristan and Voldemort
- Big Brother Instinct: Harry/Tristan with Suzie.
- Blood Bath Villain Origin: As mentioned above, for Harry/Tristan.
- Broken Ace: Harry/Tristan is a prime example. He'd be a straight out Marty Stu if he wasn't so completely and utterly insane.
- Brown Note: One of the talents students learn at Noctiluca is to cast magic through music.
- Byronic Hero: Harry/Tristan is a deeply flawed, passionate, tortured soul.
- Cain and Abel: Zig Zagged. Harry/Tristan is set up to be Cain. He's justifiably upset when he learns that the Potters are still alive and have a perfect little family while he was going through Hell at the Dursleys. He wants Revenge and plans to one day kill them all for it. But then Tristan's little brother Clark Potter ultimately plays the role of Cain first to Suzie's Abel. While Suzie isn't his sister Tristan chose Suzie as his sibling over Clark and this is unforgivable in Clark's eyes and he kills her for "stealing Harry away from him."
- The Cameo: It's a Harry Potter fic with special guest Alucard from Hellsing.
- Casanova Wannabe: Sirius Black
- The Chessmaster: Harry/Tristan who has plans within plans and manages to take everyone by surprise, allies and enemies alike are left blinking in his wake.
- Child Prodigy: Harry, of course.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Alucard, aware of Tristan's death wish, selfishly tries to save him by forcing Tristan to drink his blood and then tries to bind him to himself for all eternity. Tristan is aware of what Alucard is trying to do and so strikes first, restoring the Control Art Restrictions and binding Alucard to his service.
- Composite Character: Madeline is like a female version of Snape and Sirius.
- The Corrupter: Harry/Tristan teaches all of his friends to hate Muggles just like he does.
- Cursed with Awesome: Harry/Tristan's friends and loved ones curse him so that he can never die.
- Cute and Psycho: Harry/Tristan. It's lampshaded when Tristan, is in his next incarnation, is seen and pitied by one of the slaves who thinks that that poor child being held captive by the Dark Lord... until she realizes that the child isn't being held captive and is in fact far worse than the Dark Lord.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Tristan takes Harry Potter's tragic past Up to Eleven.
- Dark Chick: Madeline, Harry's adopted mother.
- Dark Fic
- Death Seeker: Once he's fulfilled his goals Harry/Tristan fully intends to die.
- The Dragon: Alucard and Leon are this to Harry/Tristan.
- Dystopia: The world that Tristan and Voldemort have created.
- Entitled to Have You: The Potter clan believes that Sirius is entitled to have Madeline after everything he's been through and don't take Madeline's or Snape's feelings into account. Madeline objects... violently.
- The Epic: this story has a global scope, as it follows Harry/Tristan through multiple extraordinary adventures as Tristan pursues his well-defined goals of getting Revenge and protecting the Magical Races. "Adventures" include getting away with the murder of the Dursleys, surviving the orphanage and protecting Suzie, recruiting allies at Noctiluca, the Tri-wizard tournament, discovering Tom's identity and the romance arc with Voldemort, committing planet-wide genocide, confronting his birth family and the final battle between the Dark and the Light, is brought back from the dead, lives several lifetimes ruling with Voldemort, and in the sequel he has to quest to find his lost love.
- Equal-Opportunity Evil: While Harry/Tristan hates Muggles he's friends with and strives for the rights of Magical Creatures. His followers are mostly non-human magic users such as elemantals, satyrs, furies, gargoyles, werewolves, and vampires.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Harry/Tristan with Madeline. Subverted with Harry's biological parents. He doesn't consider them true parents since they abandoned him.
- Evil Is Hammy: Harry/Tristan is quite the drama queen.
- Evil Me Scares Me: In the sequel Harry/Tristan meets his canon universe counterpart. Canon!Harry is disgusted and utterly terrified and nearly goes mad from the revelation.
- Evil Mentor: Tom, the portrait of Morgan Le Fey, and Alucard to Harry/Tristan though he's already plenty evil on his own.
- Fate Worse than Death: Tristan just wants to die but when he's about to get his wish his friends and loved ones curse him so he can never die.
- Female Misogynist: Lily Evans Potter, it's telling that she agrees that the new girl has to sleep with Sirius because he's such a "nice guy."
- Good Is Dumb: Tristan finds canon!Harry to be embarrassingly gullible.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Sirius is totally straight! All the ladies love him, totally! That stuff about him and Remus is an unfounded rumor probably started by Snivellus!
- Hopeless Suitor: Clark for Suzie, Sirius for Madeline, Leon and Alucard for Harry.
- I Have Many Names: Harry Potter a.k.a. Tristan Stillnight, Tristan Winter, Prince Le Fey, the Prince, "Little One" (that one's courtesy of Alucard), Dark Lord Le Fey.
- In Love with Your Carnage: Alucard loves watching his "little one" play... both with the violin and violence.
- The Kid with the Leash: "Alucard... go play..." Subverted however since Harry/Tristan is just as nasty if not nastier than Alucard.
- Laughing Mad: Harry on a couple of occasions. The most notable one is when he snaps during the Yule ball.
- Love Martyr: Madeline is well aware of her son's waning sanity and gruesome hobbies.
- Love Triangle: Sirius is in love with Madeline. Madeline is in love with Snape. Also Clark is stalking Suzie but Suzie likes Draco.
- Manipulative Bastard: Harry/Tristan and Tom/Voldemort with their followers. Dumbledore with his followers. Also Lily is plenty manipulative too trying to meddle in Snape and Madeline's lives.
- Mega Crossover: while a Harry Potter fic it also incorporates elements and characters from Hellsing, The Vampire Chronicles, Gargoyles, and various anime universes.
- Memento MacGuffin: When Suzie gets adopted by a nice family Suzie gives Tristan an earring to remember her by and Tristan gifts Suzie with a locket infused with his magic and essence to keep her safe. The way the locket is described and considering how it's later destroyed; it sounds suspiciously like a horcrux.
- Mind Rape: Tristan is fond of giving his enemies all the pain he's ever experienced in his life or locking them in their worst nightmare. Also Tristan dumps three lifetimes worth of memories into Canon!Harry's head. These memories include being a mass murderer that's killed off almost all non-magical humans.
- Misanthrope Supreme: Harry/Tristan absolutely hates all muggles and would have no problem with killing them all except that the vampires need their food.
- Mocking Music: "I NEED A HERO TO SAVE ME NOW!" is one of the songs Tristan kills off the muggle world to.
- Morality Pet: Suzie for Harry/Tristan and Harry/Tristan is this for Voldemort.
- Music Soothes The Savage Beast: Alucard comes across Harry/Tristan while he's playing his violin in the dark woods and he finds himself enchanted by Tristan's music.
- Never Be Hurt Again: One of Harry/Tristan's driving motivations. Though he believes it's too late for himself he figures he can still save other magical children from suffering the same fate at the hands of muggles.
- No Place for Me There: After Tristan has finished creating his utopia for magical peoples he plans on taking a walk through the Veil.
- Not So Different: When he gets sick of Dumbledore's manipulative, Holier Than Thou attitude canon!Harry compares Tristan and Voldemort to Dumbledore and Grindelwald.
- Original Character: Madeline, Leon, Selene, Logan, Alex, Flora, Fauna and all the other students at Noctiluca.
- Orphanage of Fear: Harry/Tristan grew up in one with Suzie.
- Playing with Fire: Leon
- Poor Communication Kills: Harry grew up in an abusive household. Tom Riddle is Voldemort. The Potters are alive. Harry Potter is Tristan Winter. Tristan hates the Potter family. Hermione, though a muggleborn, was never that attached to her parents. Now if characters actually shared this information with one another they could have prevented many tragedies.
- The Power of Rock: Students learn to harness this power at Noctiluca Academy.
- Protagonist Journey To Villain: Harry/Tristan becomes a villain.
- Psycho Strings: In-story Tristan plays the violin and uses it to power his spells. Here's the music he destroys the muggle world to.
- Replacement Goldfish: After learning of Suzie's powerful big brother Dumbledore started searching for Tristan (unaware of his true identity) and if he had found him Dumbledore had planned to use a couple of memory charms to turn him into a replacement Harry Potter.
- Sanity Slippage: Harry/Tristan most difficult struggle is to retain what remains of his sanity.
- Scars Are Forever: Harry has many from his beatings at the hands of muggles. The most prominent being the word FREAK carved into his back.
- School For Scheming: Noctiluca which only accepts genius prodigies gifted in magic.
- Self-Made Orphan: Harry/Tristan. Twice.
- Serial Killer: Tristan/Harry
- Shout Out: Harry/Tristan is friends with a werewolf OC named Logan and the Gargoyles of Avalon. Also Tristan names his faerie familiar Tinkerbell.
- Slash Fic: The main pairing is Voldemort and Tristan.
- Song Fic: Justified because Noctiluca students learn to use music as a spell casting medium.
- Stepford Smiler: Tristan's smile never reaches his eyes.
- Taken for Granite: Voldemort casts a spell that petrifies Harry/Tristan to prevent him from dying.
- Taking the Bullet: Harry steps in front of a cutting curse meant for Madeline and later takes a sword in the gut for Voldemort.
- That Man Is Dead: Harry is now Tristan Winter because the Potter family is dead to him.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: When it's Harry's turn to fight the orcs during the Triwizard Tournament. The task is just to "use any means to retrieve the gold pieces" and Harry does just that... by slaughtering them all and picking their corpses.
- Time Abyss: Both Tristan and Voldemort by Jaded Eyes Of A Haunted Soul.
- Too Clever by Half: In the sequel Tristan and Voldemort have gone unchallenged for centuries and have caught a bad case of Victory Disease.
- Too Happy to Live: Suzie
- Tsundere: Madeline of course "you dunderhead!"
- Undying Loyalty: Harry/Tristan inspires this in all his followers but it's Up to Eleven with Leon who is willing to turn himself into a monster and take on all of Tristan's sin and pain for all eternity.
- Unholy Matrimony: Tristan and Voldemort. Nothing is more romantic than a spot of torture together.
- Victory Is Boring: puzzled by why Tristan given him his memories and possibly the means to defeat him Canon!Harry realizes that Tristan is bored and wants someone to challenge him.
- Villain Protagonist: Harry/Tristan
- Villainous Breakdown: Harry/Tristan has one at the Yule Ball after having a rather violent run in with his birthmother right after he committed mass genocide.
- We Can Rule Together: Harry/Tristan makes this offer to Voldemort. At first Voldemort thought he was joking.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Harry/Tristan
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Harry/Tristan and Voldemort are the monsters the Light created. Also Alucard given his history. But it's mainly Tristan who does the "Destroyer of Worlds" part.
- World Building: Of Noctiluca and Avalon and later of Tristan and Voldemort's new world.
- X Meets Y: Harry Potter: The Anime.
- Yandere: Harry/Tristan and Tom/Voldemort for each other. Also Clark, because Suzie rejected him and she had Tristan/Harry as her brother Clark decides she must be a wicked girl that's corrupting Tristan and once he kills her Tristan will surely be the brother he always imagined he'd him to be.
- You Are Worth Hell: Tristan and Volemort have decided that one way or another they will Rule in Hell together.