Actually, I'm a 22-year-old person of indeterminate gender
* from Real Life
(sigh). I am not cloned from a Crazy Awesome
megalomaniacal genius and I have no plans to Take Over the World
using reality-bending phlebotinum
. I merely used the quotation to my own ends. Filling out my profile...by whatever means necessary
Some say that applying tropes to oneself is conceited. Maybe it is, but the ability to do so has benefited me immensely
. This page is my way of organizing my brain, so to speak. Creating and maintaining a simple yet thorough explanation of who and what I am is very head-clearing, and tropes do the job nicely. Here, I [will] also list works I'm interested in, characters I identify with, favorite
and least favorite
tropes, and other assorted bits and pieces — for all intents and purposes, this one tiny corner of the site has become my perfect home page.
setting consists of CHOPSTICKS
to some degree*
, and a WHISK
. I refuse to set out NAPKINS
, a SPOON
, or TONGS
I also have a cameo in Invader Zim Born Again Christian
as "Projency Masheen", a flame rager
in the final chapter who turns to ash and then dies.
*Preferred pronouns: ze/zir
This troper provides examples of:
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Your Mileage May Vary on me.
- Anti-Sue: To quote the Mary Sue page, "I'm genuinely useless, but everybody still loves me!" Or so I'm told...
- Apologizes a Lot: I'm terrified of breaking the rules or offending someone. It always happens anyway.
- At Least I Admit It
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Prone to this.
- Big Eater: And combined with Picky Eater below, it's a wonder I'm still alive.
- Blessed with Suck: I have a lot of...differences, and despite the constant lectures on the joys of being unique, it makes my life very difficult. Since I don't want to go too far into it on this page, I'll sum it up with a simple example: what good is genius-level intellect if thirty minutes of homework can cause a stress-induced breakdown?
- Blue and Orange Morality: My moral compass works on a very different kind of logic than most people's.
- Buffy Speak
- Chaotic Neutral: My own desires come first.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Shades of this.
- Cluster F-Bomb: I swear a lot.
- Compliment Fisher
- Crack Shipper: With a minor in Foe Yay.
- Cuteness Proximity
- Deadpan Snarker
- Does Not Like Men: Animal Farm puts it well; it's nearly impossible to tell men from pigs.*
- Driven by Envy: I have a very intense, very hair-trigger sense of jealousy, mostly focused on talents and life circumstances rather than material possessions.
- The Empath: Without the psychic element, of course.
- Friendless Background
- Grammar Nazi
- Hates Being Touched: Very, very much so.
- Heavy Sleeper
- I Hate Past Me: I'd go back and slap myself if I thought it would get through that thick skull.
- I Have Many Names
- I Just Want to Be Normal: See Blessed with Suck above.
- Jade-Colored Glasses
- Lazy Bum
- Madden Into Misanthropy
- Mood-Swinger: Violently.
- Most Tropers Are Young Nerds
- Nice to the Waiter
- No Gender: Mentally, at least. Physically I'm not so lucky.
- Not a Morning Person: Wake me for no good reason and DIE. Wake me with good reason and you might die anyway.
- Obsessed with Food
- Personal Discontinuity: I indulge liberally in this.
- Picky Eater: Could be the Most Triumphant Example if I were fictional or famous.
- Pungeon Master
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: I have been known to sit around, bored out of my mind, and still not even consider doing my homework.
- Serial Tweaker: Combined with Serial Preview Button User.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
- The Slacker
- Sophisticated as Hell: The natural intersection of Cluster F-Bomb and Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness.
- Split Personality: Not in the traditional sense. My so-called alternate personalities are really no more than metaphors I invent in my continual effort to "organize" myself.
- Spoiler Hound
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: A victim of this.
- Virtue Isn't Its Own Reward: Replace "jerkass" with "neurotic mess" and you get me. It's really difficult for me to act like a well-adjusted human being all the time, and I thrive on positive reinforcement, so yeah, I do get upset when people who know about my problems don't praise me for getting past them.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different: My parents towards me.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Which I'm well aware of. Don't think about it too hard.
Some of this troper's beliefs include:
NOTE: I state my opinions very strongly here. I do not intend to attack anybody or their beliefs, but merely to explain how I feel about certain subjects. I carry no intent to obstruct anybody's rights to hold other views, and happen to get along quite well with many people whose opinions are in opposition to my own. This is my profile page, the one place I can truly describe who and what I am, and the one place where I will forsake tact for honesty.