Tropers: Progeny Ex Machina
Actually, I'm a 23-year-old person of indeterminate gender
* from Real Life
(sigh). I am not cloned from a Crazy Awesome
megalomaniacal genius and I have no plans to Take Over the World
using reality-bending phlebotinum
. I merely used the quotation to my own ends. Filling out my profile...by whatever means necessary
Some say that applying tropes to oneself is conceited. Maybe it is, but the ability to do so has benefited me immensely
. This page is my way of organizing my brain, so to speak. Creating and maintaining a simple yet thorough explanation of who and what I am is very head-clearing, and tropes do the job nicely.
setting consists of CHOPSTICKS
to some degree*
, and a WHISK
. I refuse to set out NAPKINS
, a SPOON
, or TONGS
I also have a cameo in Invader Zim Born Again Christian
as "Projency Masheen", a flame rager
in the final chapter who turns to ash and then dies.
*Preferred pronouns: still in flux; use 'they' for now
This troper provides examples of:
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Your Mileage May Vary on me.
- Anti-Sue: To quote the Mary Sue page, "I'm genuinely useless, but everybody still loves me!" Or so I'm told...
- Apologizes a Lot: I'm terrified of breaking the rules or offending someone. It always happens anyway.
- At Least I Admit It
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Prone to this.
- Big Eater: And combined with Picky Eater below, it's a wonder I'm still alive.
- Blessed with Suck: Despite the constant lectures on the joys of being different, it makes my life very difficult sometimes.
- Buffy Speak
- Cloudcuckoolander: Shades of this.
- Cluster F-Bomb: I swear a lot.
- Compliment Fisher
- Crack Shipper: With a minor in Foe Yay.
- Cuteness Proximity
- Deadpan Snarker
- Does Not Like Men: A bit of a Running Gag I have in more lighthearted company. Animal Farm puts it well; it's nearly impossible to tell men from pigs.*
- Driven by Envy: I have a pretty strong sense of jealousy, mostly focused on talents and life circumstances rather than material possessions.
- The Empath: Without the psychic element, of course.
- Friendless Background: Zig-zagged.
- Grammar Nazi
- Hates Being Touched: Very, very much so.
- Heavy Sleeper
- I Hate Past Me: I'd go back and slap myself if I thought it would get through that thick skull.
- I Have Many Names
- I Just Want to Be Normal: See Blessed with Suck above.
- Jade-Colored Glasses
- Lazy Bum
- Madden Into Misanthropy
- Most Tropers Are Young Nerds
- Not a Morning Person: Wake me for no good reason and DIE. Wake me with good reason and you might die anyway.
- Obsessed with Food
- Picky Eater: Could be the Most Triumphant Example if I were fictional or famous.
- Pungeon Master
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: I have been known to sit around, bored out of my mind, and still not even consider doing my homework.
- Serial Tweaker: Combined with Serial Preview Button User.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
- The Slacker
- Sophisticated as Hell: The natural intersection of Cluster F-Bomb and Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness.
- Spoiler Hound: I'm trying not to seek them out anymore, but it's always tempting...
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: A victim of this.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different: Some people towards me.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: There's some paranoia issues in there.