Proof that the remaining 10% is worth getting frozen until the year 3000 for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Zapp: If you know what I mean. ...I mean sex. With me.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- Recommended by SonicPanther
- Coldangel's stories are long, but are as epic as Futurama fanfics come while still keeping everyone perfectly in character. Be forewarned, he really likes violence. And Fry/Leela.
- Recommended by Moberemk Odafangirl
- Synopsis: Fry wakes up in a dumpster only to find it's one year later, and the life he knew is gone. He'd got to Leela for help...if she wasn't so dead-set on blasting him right off the planet for reasons he doesn't know.
- Comments: Easily one of the best Futurama fanfics out there, and one of the better fanfics I've gotten the chance to read period.
- Nicoinfinity: Too bad it hasn't been updated in over a year. It's still good despite that, though.
- I totally recomend this fic, 100%, don't get me wrong. It is, quite frankly, the most amazing Futurama fics ever. But, the author has dropped off the map, and it ends on one of the most frustrating and evil cliff-hangers you will ever encounter. Just as a warning. Still comepletely worth the read.
- GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE! As of 12/20/12, this fic is updating again!
Prison of Glass
- Recommended by Moberemk
- Synopsis: What if, at the end of "The Cryonic Woman", Fry actually did lose his job?
- Comments: It starts out as a basic what-if scenario that happens to take a deep look at Fry's character. And then things get weird... Better than it sounds, with good characters and an interesting yet highly convoluted plot.
by The Light of the Shadows
I Trust You
- Recommended by Pretzel Victim
- Synopsis: "Before you contradict an old man, my fair friend, you should endeavor to understand him." It has, after all, been one thousand years.
- Comments: A look at Fry, in a rare (or perhaps just never shown?) moment of soul crushing loneliness and misery, feeling a thousand years old and seeing the vast, empty expanse of time that separates him from the both the world he belongs to that is gone forever, and the world he is trapped in but can never be a part of. The title refers to a Grimm's Brothers fairy tale.
by Desdemona Kakalose
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
How to Write a Shippy Futurama Fanfic
No More Secrets
- Recommended by Pretzel Victim
- Synopsis: One too many rejections, Fry. You don't need her. Trust me, Bender knows. Just trust me...Never argue.
- Comments: Unbelievably terrifying and one of most horrific things this troper has ever read. The dialogue cruelly beckons the reader along, manipulating them into the same blindness as Fry. Can't elaborate without spoiling, but I hate this story, and love it because it made me hate it so much. Bender fans will have their hearts shattered.
Avatar: Bender's Tale
- Recommended by Immblueversion
- Synopsis: Fry and Leela accidentally swallow pills that links their minds together.
- Comments: A romantic Fry/Leela shipping story to the core, but without forgetting the humor and charm of the series. It's chock full of references to the series, while some scenes end up being replicated word-for-word, but that proves little to deride from this amazing piece of work. Everyone is written perfectly in character, especially with Fry playfully toying around with Leela's head before he actually takes things seriously and uses their newly established mental link to reveal to Leela his perspective of events from "Parasites Lost" and "Time Keeps On Slippin'", two episodes in which Leela painfully rejected him for things that were meant to show just how much Fry loves her.
by Metropolis Kid
Programs of a Lesser God
by Pump Maeson (Death Note Crossover
- Recommended by feral
- Synopsis: Bender finds a Death Note.
- Comments: This is great! It's very in character and has a lot of potential.