Proof that the remaining 10% is worth only being one for.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Highlander
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
The Good Student
by Sylvia Volk
The John 21:25 Series
The Fourth Seal
- Recommended by Merseburg
- Synopsis: (Duncan) MacLeod is reunited with a former student while in Paris and receives a philosophical lesson (or three) from Methos.
- Comments: This fic gets recommended all over the place because it is just that good. It has great characterization and dialogue, and really feels like it could be an actual episode of the series.
by Ziggy Sternenstaub
Cross Over Fics
A storyline beginning in one series and crossing over into another.
Don't Disrespect the Queen
- Recommended by jyshin2
- Synopsis: What if Methos had made different choices when Kronos returned? What does an Apocalypse look like? Re-write of Revelation 6:8.
- Comments: A dark, gritty read with excellent characterization. It's a bleak story overall, so not for people who like happy endings, but it's great writing and well worth the time.
- Recommended by Phaethon
- Synopsis: Highlander film crossover with Harry Potter: upon defeating the Kurgan, Connor MacLeod receives more than just telepathy; he also gains the ability to do magic. Coincidentally, Hogwarts is seeking a new Defense instructor.
- Comments: A strange, surprisingly entertaining piece, if a bit of a Crack Fic. Connor's classroom interactions with Hermione, in particular, are priceless. Departs from Highlander movie canon after the first film.