Fanfic Recs: Winx Club
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here: These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fan Fics, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Authors, and WebsitesKikurukina Bal Des'cagel’s fanfics
- Recommended by TropicalSnow
- To say that she is one of the best writers of Winx fanfiction out there would not be an understatement. All of her stories are high quality, well-researched and of course, entertaining.
- Recommended by koolkame
- The best endorsement for Darev is this: if you absolutely hate Winx, you will still love his stories. Darev writes a more mature take on the material, exploring the characters and the world of Magix in ways the show can't. He does various genres with ease, from horror to comedy and sometimes within the same story.
- Synopsis: A story which is set after the Third Season. What was supposed to be a happy family day with all the royal families connected to the Winx Club, ends in disaster when the Queens get kidnapped. and it gets even worse...
- Comments: This gives quite some depth to the Royals, which (if done properly, which until now has been) is a good thing.
- Recommended by TropicalSnow and HappyMan
- Synopsis: A young witch living on Earth with her grandmother-also a witch-enrolls as a freshman at Cloud Tower. But not all is as it seems, because the secret she's keeping could change not only Magix, but the entire Magical Universe.
- Comments: It is well written and obviously thought out. Quite a good read.
- Reommended by TropicalSnow
- Synopsis: Set after season 4. Now that The Wizards of the Black Circle have been destroyed, magic is reawakening on Earth causing several previously human girls to unlock their Winx. Roxy delays her departure to Alfea to help find and help these girls with their powers, but she has no ideas of the dangers this will involve...
- Comments: This story is one of the most well-written Original Character-based stories this troper has seen on the site.
- Recommended by koolkame
- Synopsis: Ten horrific stories starring the Winx girls and the rest of the cast. Rated M for content.
- Comments: A spooky anthology of terror with a final chapter that will surprise and amuse you!
- Recommended by TropicalSnow
- Synopsis: Season 1 Alternate Ending: It was over. The Last Princess of Sparx had failed. The Trix Sister's and their Army of Decay had conquered Alfea. The Realm of Magix was theirs.
- Comments: It has a few moments of Squick, but it's a great take on a darker version of the end of Season 1 with witches leading the charge instead of fairies for a change.
- Recommended by fruitstripegum
- Synopsis: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. Beyond this link lies a collection of stories which parody some of the most clichéd trends in Winx Club fanfiction. Be warned- or if you have a twisted mind, enjoy…
- Recommended by HappyMan
- Pairings: Stella/Brandon
- Synopsis:Princess Stella invites Brandon to Solaria for one incredible night full of festivities, but things don't go as planned and this night is quickly turning into a nightmare.
- Comments: One of the best stories I've ever read. Written in great detail of the places, surroundings, people, etc, as well as fleshing out the Solarian nobility and history, as well as one of the best accurate portrayal of Stella and Brandon I've ever seen.
- Recommended by carpediem
- Synopsis: Magic can do some incredible things, but even it has limits. They lost their chance a long time ago. But maybe they deserve another one…
- Comments: Complete Artistic License success to me really. Not only the Magix council grants our Dark Wizard a chance to live again amongst the mundane on Earth, he and Bloom actually had history and now the whole New Old Flame begins again. Since the story takes place in a publishing industry or the sort, we get to see some splendid, beautiful parallels of Bloom and Baltor in the fictional piece made by the devices of the latter's dreams or maybe inner wishes. It scares the crap out of Bloom obviously, before she gets the hang of it as she knows Baltor's really a Dead Man Walking. We get a Story Within A Story, and a wonderfully crafted one at that.
- Recommended by Winx Aelfscine.
- Alternate universe story combining The Winx Club and Kim Possible.
- Synopsis: Shego is fed up with her dead-end existence in Middleton and decides to have the Tempus Simia take her on a new adventure which lands her in Cloud Tower on the Planet of Alfea and at the feet of The Trix.
- Aelfstangard and Winx Aelfscine are a brother and sister team who write passionately about The Trix (Icy, Darcy and Stormy) the notorious trio of witches who are the nemeses of The Winx. Their writing actually creates a new universe within the universe of The Winx Club.
- Recommended by NekoSavior.
- Divergence story combining Winx Club and Ranma 1/2.
- Pairings: Ranma/Bloom, Stella, Flora, Musa, Tecna, Layla
- Synopsis: Valtor survived Bloom's attack in the last ep of season 3 and tries to kill the Winx, but the Specialists saved them through an act of self-sacrifice. Their bodies destroyed, their souls were salvaged and Faragonda gets them reincarnated into one Ranma Saotome. Chaos comes to Magix, and magic comes to Nerima.
- comments: A very interesting read and an original crossover about reincarnation and balanced harem fic.