Fanfic Recs: Tenchi Muyo!
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Tenchi Muyo! fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Parting a Cloudy Future by Adrian Tymes
Running Scared by DB Sommer
Vraie Esprit's 'Tenchi Fic Arc'
OVA4 by Galaxy1001D
Tenchi Wakusei by Joe Meadows
Vacation Days by DB Sommer
Thinking of You by Plug
Authors and WebsitesNone yet. Cherry Blossoms by Jeff Morris
- Synopsis: Jeff Morris' Cherry Blossoms is a bittersweet tale set in the OVA Tenchiverse, telling of Ryoko's decline and death as a result of a "deadman switch" virus implanted in her by Kagato, and the effects it has on those around her.
- Recommended by Looney Toons, Anonymous Mc Cartneyfan
- Synopsis: Kiyone's the one who keeps Mihoshi out of trouble, right? When the Galaxy Police is abruptly disbanded because of a systematic internal corruption Kiyone never knew existed, Kiyone learns she's been the protected, not the protector — and that the organization for justice that she served so faithfully was anything but just. Mihoshi burned out when she learned the truth about the Galaxy Police; but Kiyone's passion for justice still burns bright, even if she has to act alone...
- Recommended by Looney Toons
- Synopsis: Teenaged boy spending the summer at his grandfather's shrine encounters a bevy of beautiful alien girls, some of whom are his relatives. Think you know this story? Not when the boy's name is Yosho... and Grandpa is Tenchi. And the girls are angry at being abandoned for fifty years...
- Recommended by Bush
- Synopsis: An AU look at the Tenchi Universe world past the final battle with Kagato. The first story, Dark Heart, takes place three years after the end of the series, and the fic arc ends with Operation Eradicate.
- Recommended by WilliamKLee
- Synopsis: Tenchi and the girls face their inner demons when they discover that they have been lied to. How far will Washu and Ryoko go to regain their innocence? Can Ayeka survive the possibility of rejection?
- Recommended by Hallwings
- Synopsis: Taking place a couple of years after Tenchi Universe, Tenchi is now attending Okayama University and is rooming with his new friend and one of his fellow classmates, American exchange student Tristram "Tris" Coffin. In this story, Tris is invited to stay with Tenchi at his rural home for Spring Break, where the American meets Tenchi's extended family.
- Recommended by StevieWillShowYou, SuddenFrost, Looney Toons
- Pairing(s): Tenchi/Ayeka and Tenchi/Ryoko
- Synopsis: Ryoko and Ayeka's war over Tenchi continues, and when Ryoko can no longer wait for Tenchi to make a choice between her or the Juraian princess, she forces a break in the stalemate by forcing Tenchi and Ayeka together. But things only get more complicated from there when Ryoko beds Tenchi soon afterward, and Ayeka and Ryoko settle upon a truce so they can share Tenchi. And that's just half of the story.
- Recommended by Binaroid, Looney Toons
- Pairing: Tenchi/Mihoshi
- Synopsis: Mihoshi's superiors at the Galaxy Police order her to go on vacation, and she somehow manages to persuade Tenchi to go with her before anyone else realizes what's happening. Little do they know that a conspiracy between a rogue GP commander, an alien empire, and a mysterious space pirate has stolen an unstoppable biological weapon in a plan to conquer the galaxy. Will Mihoshi and Tenchi be able to stop the pirates? Will anyone be able to stop the invading empire? And what is going to happen when Aeka and Ryoko finally catch up to Mihoshi?
- Recommended by Kchasm
- Pairing: Tenchi/Washu
- Synopsis: Washu pulls Tenchi aside for a sitdown.