Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Fatal Frame
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Web Sites
Stories focused around a certain plot or around a certain character, but not stories where romance is the focus.
by Chendzeea Li
- Recommended by Alexlayer
- Pairing(s): Mio/Mayu
- Synopsis: A novelization of the events of Fatal Frame II, following the story of Mio and Mayu with more detail and Character Development.
- Comments: Really a wonderful retelling of the game, which such sophisticated description that it really lives up to the atmosphere of the game. Another big trait of the fanfic, which should probably also be a warning, is that the relationship between Mio and Mayu is taken up to a stronger level and it develops into a romantic one while both twin sisters fight to survive the horrors of the Lost Village.
- Recommended by Crossover Skeith
- Synopsis: While on a camping trip with Ichigo and Rukia, Karin and Yuzu are lured into an old village by a crimson butterfly. Fatal Frame II and Bleach Crossover Spoilers for Arrancar Arc and parts of FFII
- Comments: While I can't do it much justice, I can tell you it is a interesting read involving Rukia's past and being set I think 20 years after the events of Fatal Frame II. While you may think they might just breeze by with there Shinigami forms they conveniently don't have access to them in this story so you will still see use of the camera.
by Elwing Alcyone
- Recommended by icystars
- Synopsis: The story begins not too long after the canon ending of Fatal Frame II. Mio, who is living with Kei, is not in a good state. Kei, meanwhile, is trying to figure out just what he should do for Mio, if there even is anything he can do. He ends up taking her along with him on his visit to the Kuze Shrine, and it all just sort of explodes from there.
- Comments: It's a one-shot, and thus not as long as many other fics out there, but even so, plenty of emotion is packed into it. It greatly expands on Mio and Kei's relationship, and both are written believably. The writing itself has a lot of heart, and is descriptive without ever falling into Purple Prose territory. It's both very sad and very touching, and it would be well worth your time to check it out.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.