Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for lonelygirl15 Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexually explicit or non-canon
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
by ireactions, suze900 and renegade15. (Original Character
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
So Sick of You
- Recommended by Bobby G
- Synopsis: Set after the events of LG15: the resistance. When Alexis Capshaw moves into a new apartment, she expects some difficulty in dealing with her new neighbours, but Jonas, Sarah, Daniel and Gina turn out to be a lot more trouble than she bargained for.
- Comments: This fic recaptures the feel of the original series, and is told through blog entries written byan outsider, Alexis Capshaw, which means it's easy to follow even if you aren't familiar with the later seasons or with LG15:tr. Set a short time after the LG15:tr, this novel-length story quickly redeems Sarah and revives Gina and focuses on the characters rather than the myth-arc. When the myth-arc does come into play, the author succeeds in correcting some of the biggest Wallbangers of the last series and the sequel, but in a subtle manner that feels very natural. Very well written, with a very nice balance of humour and drama, too. This story bills itself as the "sequel and conclusion" to LG 15, and it does exactly that, giving LG 15 fans the ending and closure they never got from the web series. Various fans declared that they would consider it canon as far as they were concerned.
- This troper is the author of "Lonelygirl-217", an alternate universe superhero-themed version of events from seasons 1-3, which I originally published on the old LG 15 forums. YMMV on quality, but this troper flat-out CHALLENGES you to find a spelling error anywhere in over 20 chapters.
- Recommended by Bobby G
- Pairing: Lucy/Jonas (Starboarding Lucy -> Jonas)
- Synopsis: A retelling of lonelygirl15 from the perspective of Lucy the Helper.
- Comments: Tells the heartbreaking story of one of the most beloved but underdeveloped characters. The author does a great job of bringing depth to the character. In particular, the reimagining of "Handcuffed" is even more painful than the original.