Fanfic Recs: Neon Genesis Evangelion Marty Stu
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Neon Genesis Evangelion Self Insert
or Author Avatar
fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
What the statuses mean
- Complete - Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Ongoing - The fic is being updated on a regular basisnote , or has received an update after being tagged as Dormant or Dead.
- Dormant - Either: The author has placed the fic on hiatus; or the fic has gone for several months to a year or more without an update but the author has not pronounced it dead.
- Dead - The fic has not been updated in several years, or the author has specifically said that it will not be updated.
Some of the fics on this page feature content intended for older audiences. Please pay attention to the Tags sections on the recs, and check the pages for any tags you're not familiar with. You've been warned.
by Strike Fiss
Neon Exodus Evangelion
- Recommended by: Universalperson, Crazael, Moberemk, Mach Rider 1985
- Status: Complete
- Pairing: Shinji/Asuka
- Synopsis: A mysterious teacher named Kaworu takes over the Children's classroom, upsetting Gendo's plan by putting the teens on a path of his own design.
- Tropes page needs some help
- Tags: WAFF
by Eyrie Productions Unlimited
Evangelion II: D.E.L.T.A. Invasion
- Recommended by: Crazael, Kchasm, St Clair, Looney Toons, Zemyla, lanky
- Status: Complete
- It's Neon Genesis Evangelion mixed with a fairly large selection of games, movies and tv shows and transplanted to the authors' home town of Worcester, Massachusetts.
- What if the son of Lara Croft had been drafted into the Evangelion program after Shinji bailed upon Rei's disastrous test, and instead of simply putting up with his kidnapping he did the logical thing when presented with the potential end of the world and kicked ass where he could and made himself a pain in the ass for the administration of Gendo and company?
, Original by unknown, MST'd
by Jinas & Rick R. Mortis (Also avaiable here
- Recommended by: Tacitus & Chrissie Mc Napkins
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Tom Dyron — 16-year-old fighter pilot, rock musician, and championship wrestler — joins the Eva team some time after the defeat of the Angels (utterly ignoring the last few episodes of the show) to deal with the latest threat — the Invadors. Yes, that's spelled right. In the process, he drinks a lot, wrestles, bags Asuka, drinks some more, sets up Shinji with Rei, pilots a spaceship, blows up a planet, wrestles, gets the other pilots to join his band, and talks like Steve Austin. There's also John, who contributes nothing to the plot, but is special.
, Original by Issei Mataloun, MST'd
by Jinas & Rick R. Mortis (Un-MST'd version here.
I Was a Teenage Dummy Plug
- Recommended by: Space Chief, Tacitus
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: After the angels have been seemingly defeated, the devil shows up in Tokyo-3 and causes Shinji to wet his pants. Issei, a new Eva pilot (in distressingly tight shorts) soon follows and promptly hooks up with Shinji. Together, they fight Chewbacca and Torgo, find a portal to hell under their bed, watch people explode and — why haven't you clicked the link yet?
New Perspective Evangelion
- Recommended by: Looney Toons
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: When the mind/soul/personality of the twenty-something and male Logan Goodhue wakes up inside a Rei Ayanami clone floating in the Reiquarium, it's just the beginning of an experience that is by turns terrifying, exhilarating and hallucinogenic. Quickly discovered and forced by Gendo into the dual roles of Rei's long-lost twin sister Emi Arizona Ayanami and the new object of Shinji's protective instincts, Logan does what little things he can to derail Gendo's plans and regain some control over his life. Complicating matters, it appears that Logan's set of Evangelion DVDs came over with him... and why do some of the Angels address Emi as "Gabriel"?
The Tenant of Room 404
- Recommended by: Looney Toons, Shay Guy, Willbyr
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: A young Irishman finds himself forceably inserted into the Evangelion world — by being forceably inserted into the brain and body of Noriko Nagato, a 14-year-old Japanese girl who has "miraculously" survived a plane crash, only to discover she is now the Fourth Child. But how did he get there? What did that weird dream with Kaoru Nagisa mean? Why are the real Noriko's memories coming back? And just what is up with the delusional girl in school who thinks she's Haruhi Suzumiya?
by Bob BQ
For the Future
- Recommended by: Willbyr
- Status: Completenote
- Synopsis: Thanks to some Leliel-induced universe warping, Smith finds himself thrust into the NGE universe. His foreknowledge of the franchise allows him to help himself eke out a place in Tokyo-3, try to help NERV better overcome the Angels, and actually be a positive force in the Children's lives, in his own slightly twisted way. Everything seems to be working out fine, or at least a little better than canon, until a major twist involving demons from Smith's own past threatens to turn the future into a horror many times worse than the Third Impact we all know about. The entire story consists of Tenant, Delete and Reboot (supplemental stories), and End of File, which is exactly what it sounds like.
- Tags: Forum thread format, Gun Porn, borderline Dark Fic
by Shay Guy
- Recommended by: Dartz IRL, Looney Toons
- Status: Dead (Two years without an update)
- Synopsis: Shortly before the disastrous activation test with Unit 00, Rei Ayanami begins to hear a voice in her mind. A voice belonging to someone who appears to know details of the future.