Fanfic Recs: Treasure Planet
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here. These are recommendations made by Tropers for Treasure Planet fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Websites
General FicsStories focused on how main characters got to be where they are at the beginning of the film. Fearless by OM Gits EMILY
- Recommended by CMR Rosa
- Status: Completed
- Synopsis: 2 Part Jim/OC fanfiction. Part 1: Same basic plot as the movie. Jim knew this trip was going to be the voyage of a lifetime, but who knew that a girl named Tabitha could get his heart racing before the adventure even started? Part 2: A Sequel
- Recommended by CMR Rosa
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: In-between-quel of "Fearless". Sort of a gift to my readers. A series of one shots that take place before/during/after the story. Full explanation inside.
- Recommended by Sylver Lining, who takes all responsibility for the response to this madness.
- Synopsis: A crossover between Treasure Planet and Titan A.E., springing from the WMG that Joseph Korso is Jim's estranged biological father. Korso pays visit to Montressor, bringing his seedy first mate Preed with him. Jim's got a knack for finding big, valuable things, so they've heard, and he could really come in handy - but deadbeat dads/ex-husbands who only show up when they want something... get the welcome they deserve. Ties up loose ends, and shows how each film's missing story bits complete each other. Features twisted, dark humor, and a truckload of Fetish Fuel and Dysfunction Junction for good measure.
- Pairing(s): Ambiguous Korso/Preed. Maybe shades of Silver/Sarah Hawkins, nothing overt.
- Rating: PG-13 for four-letter words and general dysfunction.
- Notes: Fic in progress.
- Add A Review
- Recommended by Adventure Girl 14
- Synopsis: Another sequel fanfic to Treasure Planet. This one is unique though, given that the author is basing it off a short story written by Robert Louis Stevenson called the Beach of Falesa. Its set about five or six years after the movie, where Jim is rising in the ranks of the Royal NAVY and a renown navigator and adventurer. He's sent on a special mission by Squire Trelawney (whose some sort of special agent for the Queen disguised as an eccentric tradesman) to locate missing merchant ships that are being abducted in a similar fashion as Flint did.
- Comments: It's been on hiatus for a while and has gone through several re-writes. It's only recently been brought back by the writer. The writing style isn't bad but it feels stiff and a little rushed. The setting is interesting and the build up for the story begins right at the beginning with an action prologue. Worth a read.
- Recommended by Veloren, Bookworm Gal
- Synopsis: A somewhat tumultuous account of Jim's first year at the Interstellar Space Academy.
- Comments: One-shot, Exactly What It Says on the Tin. What, did you think Jim would settle down?
- Recommended by fruitstripegum, oathkeeper85
- Synopsis: When Jim gets injured after another fight with Scroop, Silver suddenly realizes how much he cares for the boy.