Characters of Mato Seihei No Slave.
open/close all folders
- Accidental Pervert: Not being warned that Himari and Nei were bathing while he was doing the housecleaning, with the bath being an outdoor bath, he winds up walking in on them. Shushu uses this to blackmail him.
- Adorkable: Which gets lampshaded frequently. He's strangely appealing because he's goofy, odd, and socially clumsy.
- Affectionate Gesture to the Head: One of the few rewards he gets from his masters that is not erotic in nature is being pet on the head. Even Nei does this to him from time to time.
- Bathtub Bonding: Chapter 20 ends with him exhausted after a major battle with the Shuuki, and all he wants is to take a nice, long bath and relax. Since Himari and Kuouka were "riding" him, their part of the deal forces them to go and join him! At this point, going purely by facial expression, he's not sure if he should be excited, terrified, or both! Chapter 21 picks up where Chapter 20 left off and then plays it completely straight. All he really wanted was a bit of pampering because he's way too worn out to enjoy anything else. Kyouka and Himari both greatly appreciate it.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Wishes to have a little more excitement in life, not pleased with his prospects of being a House Husband or going into the corporate rat race. Gets sucked into Mato, surrounded by monsters, and wounds up becoming enslaved in exchange for his rescue.
- Chivalrous Pervert: He genuinely enjoys all the erotic "rewards" he gets from Kyouka Uzen and her Amazon Brigade. He sees no point in trying to deny it. Still, he has shown on many occasions that their well-being is his primary concern, not his gratification.
- Cursed with Awesome: Being Kyouka's slave is the only way he can make a proper contribution in the fight with Mato, and he's rewarded for his efforts with a very attractive Battle Harem that not only treasures him, and vice versa, but does all sorts of erotic stuff to him.
- Got Volunteered: In exchange for being rescued from a "Mato Disaster", he gets enslaved by Kyouka and dragged into being the caretaker for Seventh Division.
- Happiness in Slavery: In all four flavors. Since men are second-class citizens already, being Kyouka's slave is an improvement in many ways. He's the beloved servant of her entire Amazon Brigade. If not for being enslaved by Kyouka, he'd be dead, hence the lesser evil. Lastly, he's literally a cringing boot-licker, literally licking Kyouka's boots on occasion.
- Harem Seeker: Deconstructed and reconstructed. He dreamed of having a harem and being popular with women, until he wound up enslaved by Kyouka Uzen, and forced to tend to the household chores for her entire Amazon Brigade. Then he earns said brigade's favor and not only treasures them, but is treasured by them.
- Heroic Wannabe: He is overjoyed to serve under Kyouka in battle, both figuratively and literally, not because she rewards him, erotically, but because he wants to earn fame and fortune as a defender of the innocent and smiter of evil.
- House Husband: Invoked. His elder sister strong-armed him into mastering household chores, tailoring, cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc.
- Multiform Balance: His abilities depend greatly on who is his master.
- Under Kyouka he's a Lightning Bruiser that simultaneously moves fast and hits hard.
- Under Himari, he's a Fragile Speedster who moves even faster, at the cost of attack strength and defense, but has a powerful finishing move that can One-Hit Kill any of the Mato mooks.
- Under Shushu, he can borrow Kyouka's ability for a single attack, capable of taking down a Mato monster the size of a skyscraper in a single hit, but he's otherwise still as fragile as a normal human, making him a Glass Cannon.
- When ridden by Kyouka and Himari simultaneously, he gains a Wave Motion Gun Breath Weapon, for starters!
- Supreme Chef: His cooking is so good, even Himari shamelessly demands seconds.
Leader of the seventh division.
- Blessed with Suck: Her super-power depends on having a slave so she can draw out her full power, and then her ability requires her to reward said slave based on its wants, needs, and the efforts and outcome of its actions. She is not thrilled at having to do erotic stuff to Yuuki as his "reward."
- Casual Kink: She often "rewards" Yuuki with some BDSM, namely stepping and sitting on him.
- Catchphrase: "You damned pervert!"
- Commissar Cap: She wears one as part of her uniform, though to date, she's the only demon hunter to do so. Even the leader of Sixth Division doesn't wear anything on her head.
- Doomed Home Town: Her home town was wiped out in a Mato Disaster, and all that remains is a massive graveyard, which she shows to Yuuki on her day off.
- Expy: She's the spitting image of Esdeath. Makes sense as both manga are illustrate by the same artist.
- Freudian Threat: To ease Himari, and the others of Seventh Division, when she brings in Yuuki to be their "caretaker", she promises that if he ever steps out of line, sexually, she'll "twist it off." Himari takes this promise to heart.
- Join or Die: Despite the fact that protecting civilians is her job, she demands Yuuki sign on as her slave, and then become the caretaker of seventh division, or she'd leave him to the monsters of Mato. In her defense, she needed to make him her slave so she could use her super-power to rescue him from The Horde.
- Lecherous Licking: On the receiving end. Simply having Yuuki agree to be her slave required him to lick her fingers, and she's frequently seen "rewarding" him by having him lick him various places on her body.
- A Mother to Her Men: She clearly has this dynamic with the other women of seventh division.
- Never My Fault: Despite the fact that Yuuki has absolutely no say in how she rewards him, she angrily decries him as a pervert when she does something erotic to him.
- Power at a Price: Her ability works this way in both directions. Yuuki gains a massive power-up in both skill and ability as a result of being slapped in her ability's Slave Collar. In return, she gains his servitude and prowess in return for "rewarding his efforts," with all sorts of erotic acts, that she states she's compelled to do against her wishes.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches her upper thighs.
- Revenge Before Reason: Subverted. She came real close to abandoning her subordinates in pursuit of the beast that wrecked her home-town, leaving her the Sole Survivor. Then she sees Yuuki tending their wounds. Seeing them in a life-threatening state had her stand down and seek out medical assistance.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: She's already smoking hot in uniform, but in civilian garb? She is cuteness personified.
- Sole Survivor: Her entire home town was wiped out by a Mato monster when she was a child.
- Sweet Tooth: Yuuki manages to talk her into visiting a newly opened confectionery after she visits her former town's graveyard, to try and lighten her mood. One bite of the recommended parfait has her turn into putty in his hands. In addition, she carries little jaw-breaker candies around that she's almost constantly snacking on.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A, bordering on Type S as she's a borderline tsundere where Yuuki is concerned.
- When She Smiles: Yuuki is absolutely fascinated by her smile.
- Bathtub Bonding: She's fond of barging in on Yuuki as he's bathing.
- Cassandra Truth: When she barges in as Yuuki is bathing, and insists on washing his back, she tells him not to turn around because she's also naked. After trying to restrain himself for a while, she then decides to also wash his front, which she had seen before. At that point, he angrily turns around to see that she was telling the truth about being naked.
- Gamer Chick: Her off time is spent playing video-games, and she trounces Yuuki when she challenges him to her favorite fighting game.
- Good Bad Girl: Having grown up without any male relatives whatsoever, and sent off to an entirely all-female school, she's intensely curious about boys, and exploits Yuuki to satisfy her curiosity, in its entirety, even stripping him naked at one point.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Literally. She has green eyes, and envies Himari and Kyouka for getting erotic with Yuuki.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Golden-haired blond, and a good woman, once you get used to her quirks.
- Hour of Power: She can only maintain her giant form for a short time.
- Insecure Love Interest: For all her flirting, teasing, and Sexual Extortion, this is the core of her character. She's constantly afraid that Yuuki will reject her, so when she loses to Sahara, she runs off crying, thinking that she showed Yuuki "an uncool" side of her. Fortunately for her, Yuuki is a Harem Seeker that deeply treasures her.
- Marshmallow Hell: Up to eleven. Yuuki winds up falling into her cleavage when she's in her giant form, and the result has his entire body caught between her breasts.
- Sexual Extortion: Via blackmail. She photographs Yuuki in compromising positions, and then threatens to reveal said photos to Kyouka if he doesn't do as she says.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She finds Yuuki getting an eyeful of her thrilling.
- Size Shifter: She can voluntarily change sizes in a range from too small to see to rivaling a building.
- Spirited Competitor: She fights purely for the thrill of the challenge.
- Suicidal Overconfidence: Her propensity to attack Mato monsters for fun jumps up to bite her in the back, and almost proves her undoing in chapter 4. Fortunately, Yuuki was able to use Kyouka's laundry to invoke her ability and power himself up.
- Trash of the Titans: Her bedroom is an unmitigated disaster.
- Cheerful Child: Sweet and upbeat.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: She's 11 and she's in charge of the seventh division shelter.
- Child Soldier: Played with. Eleven and at the front lines, albeit she just uses clairvoyance to locate enemies, never actually fighting herself. It's also justified in that the Mato monsters attack civilian areas and will attack and kill indiscriminately, including children.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Pink hair and eyes.
- The Cutie: She's adorable.
- Nice Girl: Unfailingly sweet and polite.
- Poke in the Third Eye: On the wrong end. As she's scanning the area around Seventh Division's shelter, a couple of "humanoid shuuki" sense it, turn in the direction of her POV and boast that they'll be launching an attack upon her and her allies in chapter 17.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Pink hair and a sweet, sensitive girl.
- Sensor Character: She can detect packs of Mato monsters, even pinpointing a nest in chapter 5.
- Token Mini-Moe: She's 11.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Bright pink.
- Accidental Pervert: In chapter 9, she ignores the sign Yuuki places at the door of the changing room and strips while getting ready to enter the bath, only to see Yuki coming out, wearing nothing but a Modesty Towel.
- Blessed with Suck: Her ability is actually Power Copying, which sounds awesome on paper, but her affinity with the power she copies is an issue. Not only does a power that she has a poor affinity with become totally useless, but the ability she has the highest affinity with is Kyouka's.
- Catchphrase: "How indecent!"
- Commonality Connection: Yuuki is deeply reluctant to help Himari deal with her sister, until he learns that she's as much of a Heroic Wannabe as he is, and that her sister is openly sabotaging her. She rewards his efforts with genuine gratitude as she's doing erotic stuff to him.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Starts the story very aloof, and cold to Yuuki. Becomes much sweeter once he helps her escape her domineering elder sister.
- Does Not Like Men: She's not fond of having Yuuki at base purely because he's male.
- Hero-Worshipper: Can't stop singing Kyouka's praises.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Yuuki is the one guy she'd be willing to erotic stuff with, regardless of the context. He's earned it, as far as she's concerned.
- I Just Want to Be Free: She's in seventh division precisely to get away from her abusive and domineering elder sister who tries to sabotage her at every opportunity.
- Rapunzel Hair: Just like Kyouka, her hair's very long.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: The reason she's such a raging bitch a significant part of the story is that her older sister bullies and hounds her relentlessly, constantly trying to collar her, drag her home, and strives to completely destroy her self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: The power she uses most is converting her limbs into various weapons.
- Took a Level in Kindness: After Yuuki comes to her aid in finally breaking free of her domineering sister's influence, she becomes much nicer to him, even giving him erotic "rewards", not just because it's the price for copying Kyouka's ability, but in genuine gratitude, and she admits it.
- The Unfavorite: Her whole family considers her the Black Sheep. Her older sister Yachiho is the worst at it, actively sabotaging her every chance she gets.
- Unprovoked Pervert Payback: She responds to Yuki seeing her strip as he comes out of the bath, because she ignored the sign he posted, by transforming her arm into a chainsaw and chasing him around the house, threatening him with it.
Himari's older sister.
- An Arm and a Leg: Gets her arm blown off by Rairen in chapter 19, but fortunately was able to rewind time to allow her to dodge the blow.
- Big Sister Bully: Goes out of her way to harass, insult, and sabotage Himari at every opportunity.
- Break the Haughty: She is gratifyingly humiliated by the Himari+Yuuki combo during the Mato Tournament Arc.
- Diving Save: Rescues Himari in this manner in chapter 18.
- Entitled to Have You: To Himari.
- Hypocritical Heartwarming: If she bullies Himari, that's fine. Anyone else messes with her? It's game on! As demonstrated when a "humanoid shuuki" interrupted the exhibition match and straight up tried to murder Himari.
- Loving Bully: Deconstructed. She thinks she's doing Himari a favor by sabotaging her prospects as a demon hunter and constantly putting her down. In reality, she's completely alienating Himari, destroying her self-confidence, self-esteem, and social life, and earning Himari's undying hatred.
- Mage Marksman: In addition to her Time Master powers, she fights with a special magically enhanced gun.
- Sister Sister Incest: What would happen if she had her way with Himari.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She looks almost exactly like Himari.
- Suicidal Overconfidence: Which the rest of Division 6 calls her out on. She seriously overestimated her chances in the match with Himari, believing her victory was a Foregone Conclusion, repeatedly gloating her self-perceived superiority.
- They Just Don't Get It: Even after being defeated in an official match by Himari, she still tries to insist that Himari would be happier going back home to be under her "gentle training" and the family's harsh scrutiny. She is petrified with shock when Himari politely tells her "hell no."
- This Cannot Be!: She simply can not allow herself to believe Himari is a better Demon Hunter than she is, if Himari hasn't been sabotaged in advance, so she keeps getting smacked down over and over again during their "Mato Exibition" match.
- Time Master: Her main power allows her to rewind time 5 seconds, so if she's not rendered unconscious with an attack, she can undo it, at the cost of her stamina. Her penultimate form allows her to rewind time 10 seconds.
- Tough Love: She is genuinely fond of her younger sister, but she thinks the best way to show that affection is to completely break her spirit and will, to drag her back to the Azuma estate and then "reeducate" her. She's shocked when Himari beats her and then tells her to take a hike.
- The Nicknamer: She's fond of calling Yuuki "slave-kun" and giving others amusing little nicknames.
- No Sense of Personal Space: She greets Yuuki the first time by pushing him into a wall, and getting her face right up against his.
- Skunk Stripe: A patch of hair on her head is a considerably lighter shade than the rest.
- Space Master: Her Mato ability is the manipulation of space itself. With but a touch, she can send you hundreds of meters into the air, or rip right past your defenses.
- Unrealistic Black Hole: With her ability, she can create one, as she shows in chapter 20, sucking up a bunch of Shuuki and the commander, Rairen
- Ambiguous Disorder: She falls asleep at the drop of a hat, and is always exhausted. Is she narcoleptic, or is it some other kind of sleep disorder?
- Hour of Power: Which she exploits. She chooses the duration of her Super Mode. The shorter in time, the stronger she is.
- Power Glows: In her Super Mode, she glows with light.
- Unconscious Objector: Combined with The Berserker. If she's rendered unconscious in her Super Mode, she attacks with wild abandon, not caring between friend and foe, and she's even stronger than when she's conscious.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Fights with grappling type martial arts.
The primary antagonists of he story.
- Always Chaotic Evil: They are mindless beasts, can not be reasoned with, and attack indiscriminately, killing everything in their path, often this includes each other.
- Dumb Muscle: They are super-humanly strong and resilient, but completely mindless, charging at any non-shuuki they see, regardless of barrier, obstacle, or difficulty in reaching their target, and they won't stop until they're dead.
- Faceless Mooks: While they technically do have faces, their expressions are almost always frozen into a rictus grin, and shuukis can't be differentiated based on facial features alone.
- Fusion Dance: They can group together and fuse into giants.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: Almost nothing is known about them, not their life cycle, their usual habits and habitats, how they reproduce. It's all a mystery. The only motive they seem to have for attacking is simple hunger, as they eat any kind of meat regardless of the animal. Kyouka states in chapter 1 that the shuuki she was using as a slave and mount would be satisfied to be rewarded with some raw pork.
- Made of Diamond: Conventional weapons are all but completely useless against them. It takes Mato peach powers to fight back; a Mato power that makes an exact copy of a conventional weapon works, while the original weapon itself does not. Kyouka's somehow created and mastered a martial art that allows her to harm shuuki even without relying on a slave, but nobody can figure out how this works.
- Zerg Rush: They can only attack by swarming in numbers.
Yuuki's elder sister.
- Ambiguously Human: The first of many "humanoid Mato" introduced. Considering that she can eat multiple Mato peaches and not die in the process, it's not known if she's still human, or was even human in the first place.
- Berserk Button: Do not interrupt her when she's gushing about her brother. The last creature who did was reduced to Ludicrous Gibs in an instant, and it was one of the giant Mato that give the Demon Hunters grief in fighting.
- Breath Weapon: Can fire an energy beam from her mouth.
- BrotherSister Incest: A big fan of it, especially towards her younger brother.
- Entitled to Have You: To her brother Yuuki.
- Father, I Want to Marry My Brother: Discussed. She states that when Yuuki was younger, ie a pre-teen, he would frequently proclaim the desire and promise to marry her when he grew up, only to become "mischievous" when puberty hit. Considering she's saying this as a "humanoid Shuuki," we have to take her words with a grain of salt.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: Like the rest of the "humanoid Shuuki," she's unflinchingly hostile to the demon hunters, but has yet to mention why.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Using her Breath Weapon to attack seventh division, while Yuuki was present, teaches him how to use it when he and seventh division get attacked by several "Humanoid Shuuki."
- Prehensile Hair: Her hair serves as a powerful weapon, even able to One-Hit Kill a Mato giant monster.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: She has eaten at least three Mato peaches, and is completely psycho.
- Yandere: Her obsession with Yuuki is clearly unhealthy.
The second of the humanoid shuuki named for the audience.
- Berserk Button: Do not call Shuuki "people!" He takes this as an unmitigated insult of the highest order.
- Blood Knight: He's still Shuuki at the core, so lives for the thrill of battle, and doesn't consider the battle over until either he's dead, or he's killed off everyone he was fighting. He resents being yanked out of the fight by the other Humanoid Shuuki he was travelling with.
- Evil Gloating: Laughs at Ginna's barrier as he's smashing it.
- Good Is Old-Fashioned: Insists on calling the Demon Hunters "obsolete."
- I Can Still Fight!: Resents being rescued from 6th division's captain, proclaiming he could have still fought. In fact, he'd have been much happier dead than knowing he was beaten.
- Incoming Ham: "Listen, you obsolete bunch! Your disposal is nigh!"
- It Can Think: Clearly a shuuki as other shuuki don't attack him, unlike Yuuki's sister, which shuuki did attack, but acts with deliberate pre-meditation, as opposed to mindless instinct.
- Playing with Fire: Thinking it can only attack with lightning is a suicidal miscalculation. If you're distracted, it can, and will, also attack with powerful fire-based attacks.
- Shock and Awe: Attacks with lightning.
- Smug Super: Powerful and loves to show it off.
- Super Toughness: He can shrug off just about any attack hurled at him, as long as it doesn't warp space-time.
- Affably Evil: Unfailingly polite but is a vicious woman who loves to brutalize the demon hunters, for no explained reason.
- Black Eyes of Evil: She can turn her sclera black at will, and sides with the shuuki.
- Casting a Shadow: Can leap from one shadow to another. This allows her to rescue Rairen, to his annoyance.
- Facial Markings: Has a strange marking on her tongue. Its significance is currently unclear.
- The Gadfly: Loves to tease Rairen just to get a reaction.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a giant red bow.
- Intrigued by Humanity: Finds humans fascinating. This does not stop her from letting the Shuuki run wild on Earth, nor does it do anything to dissuade her from attacking the Demon Hunters.
- Poke in the Third Eye: Does this to Nea, bragging that the exhibition match between sixth and seventh division would be interrupted by an attack.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: Wears tights that stop just shy of her skirt line.
- Snake People: She has snakes for hair.
- Ambiguously Brown: She's got very dark skin. It is not known if that's normal for her.
- Horned Humanoid: She has antlers, like a deer.
- Pointed Ears: She has pointed ears like an elf.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair reaches all the way down her back.
- Stripperific: Her outfit leaves precious little to the imagination.
- Tattoo as Character Type: She has some kind of marking on her stomach.
- Winged Humanoid: She's got giant wings draped around her.
The referee in the exhibition match between seventh and sixth divisions.
- Barrier Warrior: Builds powerful barriers to referee the matches.
- Does Not Like Men: Greeted everybody at the exhibition match with a smile, except for Yuuki, to whom she sported a Death Glare.
- Fangirl: She is a huge fan of Kyouka Uzen, and loves to watch the latter fight. Seeing Kyouka ride Yuuki has her grudgingly learn his name and seek out an autograph once the fight with the "Humanoid Shuuki" is over.
- Healing Hands: Via Time Master. Within her barrier, she can "heal" people by rewinding time to the point prior to their injuries, so even lethal blows can be shrugged off. For some reason clothes are exempt from this as seen in the aftermath of Shushu's fight.
- Tempting Fate: In chapter 18, as the shuuki launch a full-scale assault, she boasts that her barrier's "perfect." Along comes a "humanoid shuuki" who quickly proves her wrong.