The Big Beautiful Woman, or BBW for short, is an aversion of Hollywood's usual standards of size and beauty and is accompanied by Beauty Tropes or Attraction Tropes which draw attention to her assets with equal or greater Fanservice or Male Gaze than thinner women in the setting, and without being used as blatant irony. She's not used as a Foil or Token Minority to make other characters look more attractive, like a Pet Homosexual or Bromantic Foil (a raunchy best friend that demonstrates how well-adjusted or advantaged the Protagonist is). Even if not the protagonist herself, she may be part of the Beta Couple or a Breakout Character. Her weight may not even be (and, in most cases of the trope probably won't be) the basis of her beauty or attractiveness;note attention may instead be drawn to her beautiful eyes, feminine features or, more blatantly, her breasts or posteriorbut regardless, she is a knock-out.
When adding examples, avoid ladies who are Hollywood Pudgy. She must be visibly heavy-set for the trope to be in effect. May be part of the Tiny Guy, Huge Girl Pairing. Sometimes paired with Of Corsets Sexy, as a number of full-figured women esteem corsets highly as a way to produce a perfect hourglass figure. Some Stuffy Old Songs About the Buttocks (such as the page quote) are sung in praise of full-figured ladies. Contrast with Brawn Hilda and Amazonian Beauty.
For authors who would like to use this trope, but prefer not to keep the change, a Temporary Bulk Change episode can be used to show off Fetish Fuel.
See also Statuesque Stunner (more emphasis on height then weight), Big Beautiful Man (the Spear Counterpart) and Chubby Chaser (who may admire each or all of the above). Expect her to invoke Fat and Proud and / or Acrofatic and flip the script on You Are Fat.
- From Bizenghast, there's Nareesha. She's full figured and has the title of World's Most Beautiful Woman.
- The chubby and athletic Nikuko from Please Tell Me! Galko-chan. She gets more stares from boys during gym class than the main character does.
- Miyako and Tomoki from Is Kichijoji the Only Place to Live? are this. The many men interested in Miyako certainly think so. The cashier at the music store even mentions to one hopeful that she's out of his league as she's plus size.
- Tsumugi from Pochamani is described as heavy by herself and all the other characters, but she is also one of the most popular girls in her school and the girlfriend of one of the most handsome underclassmen there.
- Cattleya from Queen's Blade, is noticeable chubby, muscular, and has gigantic breasts. Like all the other fighters in the series her clothes don't leave much to the imagination. She wears a Naked Apron like dress.
- Pine-Pine from Space Dandy, a chubby wolf-like girl who works with Scarlet at the registry office. She takes Scarlet to a cocktail party to get her a date, but Pine-Pine ends up getting most of the attention from the guys there.
- Nanko from The Lost Village. While not as big as some of the entries here, she's noticeably thicker then the other female cast members. Doesn't make her any less attractive for it.
- Tsuji Santa, the creator and character designer of Super Sonico, has a soft spot for curvier girls. This is most present in his original character, the plump Super Pochaco. She started out in the series as a shy chubby girl but she becomes more confident after she began viewing Sonico as her role model. While Pochaco's role in the anime is limited to minor cameos, she has gained a massive fan base that's almost as big as Super Sonico's.
- And now there's Santa's newest and chubbiest creation, Super Taruko, who is to hips what Pochaco is to breasts.
- Special Envoy Shiva Ayano from the fifth episode of Magical Girl Ore. She is a plus sized woman who is presented as being a professional and attractive government employee. She was even introduced with a Gaussian Girl close up of her face.
- The japanese bbw erotica site Pochawalk has a series of yonkama (comics are SFW, rest of site, including some images on the linked page is NOT) about a cute chubby girl's life. While she does fret over her weight, she also seems to have a very healthy sex life.
- South Asian-American Fatima in The Adventures Of Olivia gets as much action as the rest of the cast as The Admiral lovingly referred to her as his "hefty little narwhal" after she gave him his first Raging Stiffie in years, was presumed dead, but definitely happy and proved her sex appeal against a Jerk Ass gym trainer by doing three patrons at once on the spot.
- The Gorgeous Gorger from Bunty The Book for Girls 1970. She is a full figured schoolmaster who is also secretly a famous and adored competitive eater.
- Wonder Woman's Badass Normal pal Etta Candy has a full figure, a loving sweet personality and in some continuities where Steve and Diana don't end up married she gets the man herself.
- In Wonder Woman: Earth One, Diana's friend Beth Candy is a fat girl who apparently doesn't have trouble getting dates. When she meets the Amazons, they think she is ugly, except Hippolyta.
- In Empire State, Jimmy's love interest Sara is plus-sized, and she doesn't exactly have trouble getting dates (though she does, initially, have trouble getting dates who measure up to her standards).
- Big Bertha from the Great Lakes Avengers is a swimsuit model who can transform into an huge, obese woman with super strength. However, in the 2016 series her new non-transformed body is rather rubenesque and she works as a plus sized model.
- Lucy Chaplin of Halloween Man has a major weight gain along with most of Solar City's supermodels after an old schoolmate of hers filled the city with a weight gain gas in an attempt to make an army of Rubenesque amazons to kill all men while simultaneously ending body image issues. After failing to reverse the gas's effect, Lucy Chaplin became a celebrity role model for overweight women and the models found success in full-figured clothes modeling.
- The heavyset Faith from Harbinger is a happy, nerdy super heroine with flight powers.
- In Invincible Atom Eve gains a lot of weight during her boyfriend Mark's ten month absence. While she's very insecure about her weight, Mark reassures her he's not only okay with her body but he likes her new look, the couple still have a very active sex life, and she still wears her very tight fitting superhero costume (albeit now with a skirt).
- Jem and the Holograms:
- Stormer in the Jem reboot comic book has this trope going for her now. She's chubbier and shorter than the rest of the Misfits, and she's also very beautiful and adorable because of it. Kimber Benton has even gushed that she thinks Stormer is the cutest and wants go out with her. And she does.
- Aja is now chubby as well. She's attractive and sweet, and as in the cartoon attracts the eye of Stormer's older brother Craig. Aja is also the Dude Magnet of her sister's.
- Hildy from Jonah Hex: Riders of the Worm and Such, a full-figured cowgirl who ends up as one of the few Jonah Hex love interests who doesn't die or turn out to be evil.
- Fred Perry's comics have a handful of large ladies worth mentioning:
- Gold Digger has Mikra and Nadesko, two thickly built giantesses who are monster hunters as well as professional wrestlers. As their names imply, their fighting style is based off of R. Mika from Street Fighter, meaning they get plenty of fanservice and booty shots.
- In Momeye: The Sailor Scout, Fred Perry's gender swapped parody of Popeye, has Bruta, the female version of Bluto and Momeye's Friendly Rival. She's tall, plus sized and confident in her appearance.
- Sophie from Anastasia is a beautiful, full-bodied Russian blonde of minor Noble position and great wealth living in Paris and housing the former Ruling family. Vlad is madly in love with her.
- In-universe, Gloria, the hippo in the Madagascar movies. Her large size became a status of attraction to a male hippo named Moto Moto ("the name so nice, you say it twice"). And it would seem that hippos as a species find chubbiness attractive, since Moto Moto and Gloria's flirting is made entirely of fat jokes.
- Hyacinth Hippo in the Dance of the Hours section of Fantasia. Not only did the alligators end up fighting over her favor, her movements were modeled after footage of a real ballet dancer, then given the appropriate amount of heft.
- In Igor, The evil Jaclyn uses transformation pills to turn into Heidi, a voluptuous and well endowed German seductress, in order to spy on Igor and Dr. Glickenstein.
- Squirrel Girl in Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors is much more of a heavy set than most versions of the character, yet she's also more attractive.
- Princess Fiona from Shrek as an ogre. Despite being a big green ogre and much more plump compared to her human form, she is actually quite cute and pretty and comes off as a Cute Monster Girl. Shrek definitely thinks she is beautiful.
- Sarah aspires to become this in Halloween H20 and her boyfriend seems to approve.
Sarah: I love food. I hope you won't mind if I get really big and dumpy. It's like my life's ambition.
Charlie: I find obesity very sexy.
Sarah: You are so Renaissance.
- Chicago: Matron "Mama" Morton, whose introductory song features her shaking her stuff in a burlesque-show sort of setting, flashing leg and bouncing her breasts to the approval of the audience and rattling off bawdy double entendres. Of course, when you're being portrayed by Queen Latifah, it's really second nature no matter what you're doing or wearing.
- Pitch Perfect has Fat Amy, a boisterously extroverted Fat and Proud college student. After joining the Bellas, she is hit on by the rival group's resident jerkass (she is revealed to have the Jerkass's phone number) and at one point she is seen in a pool laughing it up with very attractive people of both genders. She also mentions that one of her reasons for joining the Bellas was to have a distraction from "all of [her] boyfriends".
- Fat Slags is about a pair of women from Oop North: extremely confident, extremely sexually active, and extremely BigEaters of the obese variety. The plot centres on them becoming the role-models for all of Britain's women, who quickly start trying to get as fat as possible.
- The Inbetweeners Movie has Jane, Jay Cartwright's love interest. Although at times she's the subject of humiliation due to her size, many characters attribute her for her beautiful appearance (e.g the lady at the water park in the second film stating "She's a stunner, alright.") and her equally beautiful personality. Head over heels for her, Jay does NOT take anyone verbally abusing Jane's size well.
- Tracy Turnblad, Edna Turnblad, and Motormouth Maybelle in Hairspray. Very evident in the latter's song titled "Big, Blonde, and Beautiful" from the 2007 movie and the 2016 TV Musical.
- The conventionally slender and beautiful Fabienne in Pulp Fiction has an infamous sequence where she waxes rhapsodic about how much sexier she thinks she'd look with a nice big pot belly. Since she specifies she just wants the big, round belly and not to be fat all over, many fans have speculated that she may, in her own Cloud Cuckoolander sort of way, be hinting to her boyfriend Butch that she's pregnant.
- Lil in Walking On Sunshine, who is flirtatious and most likely ogling attractive men.
- Super Mario Bros. has Big Bertha, the bouncer at the Boom Boom bar, who's large and very strong. Mario dances with her in an attempt to get the meteorite necklace, and she later helps the Marios out when Lena and the soldiers invade the bar.
- This seems to be a matter of Author Appeal for Terry Pratchett.
- In Maskerade Agnes Nitt is described as "good-looking, in an expansive sort of way"; all she's missing is the confidence, which her Split Personality Perdita has in spades.
- In Soul Music, a Valkyrie is described enthusiastically: "[she was] as much woman as you could get in one place without getting two women."
- Lady Sybil Ramkin, who first appears in Guards! Guards! and becomes the wife of Samuel Vimes, is one gifted with the robust figure of a well-to-do lady who runs a shelter for Swamp Dragons. In that novel it is said that "[her] bosom rose and fell like an empire." Later, in The Fifth Elephant, she demonstrates a talent of those who are so gifted by expertly singing an aria from a famous Dwarf opera (and incidentally the strength to tear iron bars out of a castle window).
- In one of the Witches novels, Nanny Ogg's thoughts reveals that this is considered the ideal in Lancre; a Lancre man might cast an eye at a skinnier, more conventional lady, but when he intends to settle down, he almost invariably goes for a chubby woman. This is based on the "practical reasoning" that A: such a woman is usually pretty strong, which comes in handy in a rural farming-based household, and B: women who get like that normally enjoy eating, which means they are good at cooking.
- Mary Callahan, later Callahan-Finn of the Callahan's Crosstime Saloon series, who's listed at two-fifty and gives Jake a raging hard-on when he first sees her. Zoey is later described as a nine-tenths scale model of Mary, which still puts her at 225. Jake even admits this is his Fetish.
- Ciaphas Cain (HERO OF THE IMPERIUM) book 7, The Emperor's Finest, features a planetary governor's daughter trying to seduce Cain. That woman, Mira Du Panya, is described by Cain himself as carrying a lot of weight very well. She even wears a stylized military uniform several sizes too small to exaggerate the effects of her womanly figure and her sizable assets.
- In Melissa Scott and Lisa A. Barnett's Point of Hopes, merchant Iniz Allyns is described as being "as large as any two women, and four times as lovely."
- A Song of Ice and Fire:
- Roose Bolton eventually comes to feel this way about his third wife, "Fat" Walda Frey, and he even admits to Theon that he's become oddly fond of her. Considering who's saying this it's definitely notable. He also specifically chose her because he was given the pick of women from House Frey and was offered his prospective bride's weight in silver for her dowry. Being a Magnificent Bastard, he picked the fattest one.
- There is also Myranda Royce, described as being short, fleshy, and buxom.
- Lady Genna Lannister also counts, being the hot wife to Emmon Frey's ugly guy, and is proud of her imposing physique.
- Six of Crows: Nina Zenik. Described as similar to a figurehead carved with a generous hand, and one of the most beautiful, seductive characters in the series.
- Queen Neferishu in The Chronicles of Magravandias, in contrast with the willowy standards of beauty of the Mewtish people. Prince Bayard, who usually sleeps with anything with a pulse, has apparently said "she's the only weighty woman he'd ever consider taking to bed."
- Lula in the Stephanie Plum books is a former prostitute and quite a large woman. It is mentioned by the main character that being big works well for Lula.
- According to most of the cast of Cherie Bennett's Life in the Fat Lane, the protagonist is one. She disagrees.
- Ramy Dusotes, one of the two eponymous bounty hunters from Riesel Tales: Two Hunters. She's described as full-figured not large, but not particularly slim, either. Her business partner, Runge Margavo, isn't very supportive of this due to his shallow obsession with supermodels and frequently complains (in his mind, with comical exaggeration) about her weight. However, he does on one occasion of absent-mindedness allow his gaze to caress her curves while she's not looking and is "taken in by her beauty" according to the narrative, though he quickly snaps himself out of it after reminding himself of who he's looking at.
- Empress Laisa Toscane-Vorbarra in the Vorkosigan Saga is described as having "a figure that made Miles, for one, just want to sort of fall over on top of her and burrow in for the winter..." This proves to be a source of chagrin for Lady Alys, the Emperor's social secretary, who had tried unsuccessfully for years to catch Emperor Gregor's eye with an endless parade of tall, slender, pretty women, only to have him fall in love with a short, plump, pretty woman entirely of his own accord.
- Mina Duplessis, the heroine of the comic neo-noir Mr Blank and its sequel Get Blank is a plus-sized model and is consistently described as the most beautiful woman in the book.
- Author Appeal in Celia Kyle's romance novels. Nearly all of her female protagonists angst about being fat, and the male protagonists always reassure them that they're gorgeous.
- Camila Sagastume, a woman who briefly appears to challenge Aureliano Segundo to an eating contest in One Hundred Years of Solitude, is described as "totemic" and "gigantic," and is even known across the land as "The Elephant." But she's also drop-dead gorgeous, even when devouring an entire side of veal—Aureliano wishes to have a different kind of "tourney" in bed with her, and calls her the "ideal woman." Camila is also one of the few examples of Beauty Equals Goodness in the novel: she's sweet, kind, and caring, willing to call the contest a tie rather than see Aureliano put himself into a food coma.
- Easter of American Gods is well-rounded, well-endowed woman, describing in excessive detail as how she left New Orleans after getting so fat that her thighs rub against each other when she walks... and is one of the most seductive and desirable women in the story. Justified as she used to be a Celtic fertility goddess, and as such must posses the correct figure (which was considered the epitome of womanly beauty back in the day).
- Good in Bed uses this trope as a plot point or two. Most notably, the larger female protagonist is used as a muse (or, rather, exploited) for her ex-boyfriend's column, "Loving a Larger Woman". She also manages to gradually become more accepting of and comfortable with her figure, as the novel goes on. By the end, she takes over his "Loving a Larger Woman" column and writes in a way that better connects to other, larger women like herself.
- An evil example appears in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series. Sylvia Pittston, a wandering preacher who arrives in the town of Tull and establishes a religion there, is over two hundred and fifty pounds. She inspires lust in all of the men who see her, including Roland and The Man in Black, whose encounter with her left her pregnant with The Crimson King's child. Sylvia eventually convinces the entire town to try to kill Roland; he is forced to kill them all, including her.
- In the Joseph Conrad short story "Falk," the character known only as Hermann's niece. The narrator rhapsodizes at length about her size.
- In the Dashiell Hammett story The Big Knockover, featuring The Continental Op, Big Flora Brace is this, described as big, blond and good-looking in a predatory way.
- In the Malazan Book of the Fallen, Tattersail is described as having "rolls of flesh" and many characters see her as attractive. Part of her appeal is said to be that she is a grown version of a Cute Witch and one of the few truly upbeat characters in the series.
- In Ancillary Sword, Station Administrator Celar is described as "broad", and also as very beautiful. Since Radchaai language has no gendered pronouns, and all people in the Ancillary series are referred to as "she", Celar might also be a Big Beautiful Man.
- In Blood Trillium, Archmage Iriane is described as "extremely stout" and "exquisitely beautiful." (Also, she's blue.)
- Mary Callahan of the Callahan's Crosstime Saloon stories is fat, beautiful, and quite strong (the last because she's also a practicing blacksmith). She is both an "artist" and a security chief at Lady Sally's bordello and catches the eye of two of Callahan's patrons in just one visit.
- In The Wheel of Time, Graendal is described as full-figured and exceptionally beautiful, both of which she shows off with gowns of semi-transparent mist. She's also The Hedonist, thanks to a FaithHeel Turn away from harsh asceticism and into the service of the Dark One.
- In River of Teeth, Archie is both big and beautiful and knows how to use that to her advantage. Cal Hotchkiss tries to get a rise out of her by calling her fat, only to get shut up by everyone else, and Houndstooth acknowledges that one reason he hired Archie for their caper was that she can charm anyone within minutes. Archie herself points out that she's such a successful thief because nobody suspects a fat beautiful woman of having such nimble fingers.
- In The Stormlight Archive, the Dowager Queen Navani Kholin is described as stately, full-figured, and famously beautiful, though she's considerably more famous for being a veteran politician and preeminent Magitek engineer.
- Hazel from Big Blonde is described as a large woman. She has a never-ending line of suitors even after she's married. Hazel was once also a model.
- In The Amy Virus, Cyan's mother Belinda is a former plus-size model. She's still described as very pretty.
- At the end of Tailchaser's Song, Hushpad is described as having gotten a good deal plumper and softer than before due to having been spayed. She's nevertheless still as graceful and attractive to Tailchaser as ever.
- In Betsy Cornwell's Mechanica duology, Caro, the best friend and eventual lover of both the heroine Nick and Prince Fin, is "a short, fat, pretty blonde." Both her ample figure and her beauty are emphasized throughout both books. Nick's stepsister Chastity is also chubby and trying to lose weight, but she's also described as pretty and her skinny sister Piety secretly envies her shape.
- Penelope Garcia of Criminal Minds is notably bigger than the other women of the BAU, but that doesn't seem to stop her and Morgan from constantly exchanging cheerily flirty banter. Nor does it stop her from actively dating and having sex.
- Amber of Huge, played by David Hasselhoff's daughter Hayley (conveniently a plus size fashion model), is one of the campers in a summer weight-loss camp, though she's the least fat girl in the camp. She's fawned after by the entire male population of the camp, this even includes a handsome camp counselor named George.
- In an alternate reality episode of Friends where Monica had never lost weight, she's still quite attractive with a doctor for a boyfriend and Chandler even still falls for her.
- Carla of Dancing on the Edge is a beautiful jazz singer and Dierdre is the owner of an underground club; both get sincere compliments on their beauty over the course of the series.
- Living Single has Khadijah James, played by Queen Latifah. She receives plenty of flirtation and admiring gazes from men throughout the series, including a very taken, infatuated young employee named Ivan (who tells her, while getting her signature, that "[she has] a very nice 'S'"). In fact, body type is rarely if ever made an issue among the four very differently-built women on the show (aside from running jokes about Regine being short and buxom, and Khadijah simply being buxom).
- On Roseanne, Darlene's boyfriend, David, winds up admitting to having a sex dream about the titular character. Roseanne's husband, Dan, certainly has no qualms with her figure (and in fact has sex dreams involving a regular customer at Rodbell's who's built quite similarly to Roseanne), and one of Nancy's girlfriends even becomes attracted to her and kisses her.
- Parks and Recreation has Donna who has managed to attract a lot of guys. In one episode, Ben tries to ask a bunch of fire-fighters for them to remove their thing else-where. One of the firefighters seems pretty mad. Until Donna shows up and asks him to do what Ben just said, he does what she says and it's implied to be all because he has the hots for her.
- Mercedes Jones of Glee has grown into this. While in high school she felt insecure about her body, when she moves to Los Angeles to start a music career, she begins to embrace her figure. She even dates resident Brainless Beauty Sam, who frequently compliments her on her gorgeous looks.
- Played with in an episode of Louie, wherein Louie meets a fat woman named Vanessa who's attractive, funny, charming and has no trouble attracting men; despite this, Louie is reluctant to pursue a relationship with her, which she concludes is out of fear that a man who looks like him "belongs with" a woman of her size.
- Grey's Anatomy has Callie, who provides at least as much Fanservice as the other women on the show.
- Parodied on Mad TV with this "Reality Check" sketch. Especially at the 4:29 mark.
- Quinn on Homeland has a one night stand with one in season 4 and even breaks the cheekbone of a man that makes fun of her.
- In The Drew Carey Show, Nikki (Drew's long-term girlfriend) is introduced as a very slim woman who explains that she used to be quite fat until very recently. As the season continued, she picked up her old eating habits from Drew and each time we see her, she's fatter. She never does get the confidence to go with it and Drew's friends don't see the appeal, but Drew seems to get even more enamoured as she surpasses his size.
- In Days of Our Lives, Nancy, the wife of resident hunk Craig, was this. It's believed the casting department wanted to get around casting a typical waif-thin beauty by ensuring that even if she was full-figured, she was still quite pretty—throughout their time on the show, it was repeatedly established that Craig adored her, and she was occasionally hit on by other men as well, turning Craig into a Crazy Jealous Guy.
- Fat Is Beautiful, a series of chinaware by Fitz & Floyd, featuring various obese aristocratic women.
- Get on your bikes and ride! (and the song also has suggestive lines such as "Heap big woman you gonna make a big man out of me!")
- Big bottom! Big bottom! Talk about bum-cakes, my girl's got 'em!
- Perfect 10 by The Beautiful South. "She's a perfect 10/But she wears a 12" Unusually, it's a duet, and both the male and female singers comment favorably on the size of their partner - although Wikipedia says that's not the kind of size the woman is talking about.
- When she's bouncing down the street, she's a whole heap of honey and ain't she sweet?
- The bigger the figure the better I like her, the better I like her the better I feed her, the better I feed her the bigger the figure, the bigger the figure the more I can love!
- "The Spicy McHaggis Jig": "[Spicy was] Always looking for chicks over four hundred pounds / One night at the pub a girl caught his eye / big as a house, just the right size / the broad was enormous, stacked to the hilt / Spicy soon noticed a bulge in his kilt!"
- In What I Go To School For by Busted, the teacher is played by plus-size model Lorna Roberts.
- Double subverted in a music video by 90's R&B singer Kelly Price where she leaves a man who won't accept her for her size, only for a stud to drive up and ask "What does it take to make a big beautiful woman like you happy?"
- The obscure pop song, Two Ton Tessienote :
"She's got big red lips, and big brown eyes. She's everything my mama has, it's king sized. Oh well, Two Ton Tessie! Two Ton Tessie! Well, she's big and round and I love every pound!"
- Cherry from the animated band Studio Killers is a perfect example of this trope. She's beautiful, sexy, flirty, and adores other women of all shapes and sizes.
- Hoagy Carmichael's "Huggin' and Chalkin'":
I got a gal who's mighty sweet
Big blue eyes and tiny feet
Her name is Rosabelle Magee
And she tips the scales at three-oh-three
- Sinergia's song "Mujer robusta" ("Heavyset Woman") is all about a dude who's literally crazy for his BBW girlfriend.
- German Hip Hop group "Fettes Brot" uses this trope in the party song "Erdbeben" (earthquake), where they celebrate girls shaking their huge (and beautiful) asses, while thin girls envy them for their asses' "shakability".
- The plus-size burlesque group The Glamazons (especially Caramella.)
- Mika song "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)".
- Sie ist zwei Tonnen pure Eleganz, sie tanzt mit mir wie'n schöner Elefant!Translation
- AC/DC's "Whole Lotta Rosie" is based on a night the singer spent with such a woman.
- An Iron Maiden B-side, "Nodding Donkey Blues", is a Spinal Tap-like song about such a woman.
She was a big girl, she was big.
I mean she was big, she was fucking huge! Enormous!
Needed a sign overhead!
You could have sailed the Hindenburg between her legs and not even have landing permission!
- Amor De Gorda by Mermelada Bunch is about the singers saying that, given the chance, they'll choose the bigger girl. The video, showing an audition "for fat ladies only", presents many BBWs, along with a couple of Hollywood Pudgy gals and a couple of thinner women padding themselves so they can audition.
- The song I Want A Fat Babe by parody group Snack Treat Boys.
- Lo-Rider's song Skinny is all about a skinny girl. The music video, on the other hand...
- The Chubby Chaser viewpoint song "Three Hundred Pounds Of Hongry," may or may not be about one: The Love Interest's gender varies by exact version of the song; however, they're definitely fat, definitely a Big Eater (which the narrator finds endearing), and decidedly attractive from the narrator's perspective.
Three hundred pounds, tall as she round
And every pound of that body's so fine
I can hardly believe that it's mine...
- The Lucky Milliner Song "Big Fat Mama" is about his preference for a woman with "meat shaking on her bones."
- Caravan's "Waterloo Lily" is an Intercourse with You-type song, speaking favorably of a woman with a "bra to fit a car".
- The Gravettian-era Venus of Willendorf is a famous carved statuette bearing such a figure.
- Ame-no-Uzume combines this with Big Fun and saves the world by inventing the strip-tease.
- Factoring in Values Dissonance, A Form You Are Comfortable With and Depending on the Artist, Aphrodite was depicted as this rather than the runway model typically shown in present-day and when in human form, Gaia and similar earth goddess generally appear as the literal example of the trope.
- Adephagia, the Greek goddess and personification of gluttony. She was only ever mentioned once in all of Greek mythology and she has no known statues or portraits. However, most modern artists choose to depict her as being this trope.
- USWO and PGWA had the evil manager Sex Kitten Kathy, who was much thicker than most valets or managers and in fact, most wrestlers, having a visible gut, but the "sex" wasn't dropped from her name till she focused more on wrestling herself.
- PGWA also had two rivals of this type in Pandora(Miss Rachel after she started dating LT Falk and underwent a HeelFace Turn) and Nemesis, who in turn had another rival in Roni Nicole after Nicole was brought onto shows by fan demand. Fan demand also led to appearances of Chacala, usually seen in LLF. With so many examples, this trope was defied by Mickie Knuckles, however. Knuckles wasn't just fat, but also a Garbage Wrestler who wanted to be seen as "scary" and disgusting.
- Rosie Lotta Love who had a brief stint in TNA. A very plus-sized woman, she debuted smooching Jeromy Borash and described herself as "big, bad and beautiful".
- Goya Kong, both before and after losing her mask. Even with the slim "Diosas del ring", lithe Estrellita and cut body building fitness instructor Dark Angel being around, Goya's noticeable gut didn't stop her from being made part of El Sexy Team in CMLL alongside the latter two.
- Seraghina from Nine is supposed to be a large woman who is beautiful and sexually confident, and teaches the protagonist about romance and sexuality in his childhood (the film adaptation had a decidedly Hollywood Pudgy Seraghina).
- A number of notable burlesque performers, including Miss Dirty Martini, World Famous BOB, and Jezebel Express. Quite a bit bigger than your average burlesque performer, but wear just as few clothes.
- Golde is not this in Fiddler on the Roof, but Tevye wishes she could be. In the song "If I Were A Rich Man", he sings about "My wife, my Golde, looking like a rich man's wife with a proper double chin." This may be more about the life of abundance and leisure he wishes to give her than about his personal preferences.
- There's an entire song in Hairspray entitled "Big, Blonde, and Beautiful". Only one of the women who sings it - Motormouth Maybelle - actually meets all three requirements (Edna is notably not beautiful, as she's played by a man in drag, and Velma isn't that big), but for her, it's played straight.
- The Baroness von Waldstätten in Mozart! is this when played by Ana Milva Gomes. Her character is motherly and gentle, but her body type is voluptuous.
- Tiny from Pirates of the Caribbean is described by the auctioneer as a "winsome wench", even though the crowd is more attracted to the seductive Redhead. Also, like the Redhead, she seemed okay with being kidnapped and sold as a bride and she enjoyed the attention the pirates gave her as she gleefully showed her "larboard side" when asked.
- In Fable III, there are posters around Bowerstone for a plus-sized dancing girl named "Big Bess."
- A female PC in either Fable II or Fable III could be one; while fatness normally detracts from attractiveness (except in the case of "fat-loving" NPCs found on Knothole Island in II), one could overcome this with the right hair, make-up, and outfits.
- The two princesses in Fat Princess. The war in the game is started due to the Red King worrying that Prince Albert will choose the Blue Princess over his gluttonous and overweight daughter (despite the fact that she was just as large as his daughter). When Prince Albert and the Red Princess did see each other, they fell in Love at First Sight.
- The sequel, Fat Princess Adventures, introduces the Lady of the Cake, a plump and sultry mermaid who arises from her lake when she hears sexy music.
- Polly in Skies of Arcadia. Her long-lost husband notes that she's gotten a little bigger since he saw her last. He certainly doesn't seem to mind though, seeing as they end up having ten more children in the game's epilogue.
- Edith Up in Rayman Origins, who rules over a candy-and-sweets-themed world and is noticeably chubbier but no less scantly-clad than the other fairies.
- Ririka Yamamoto, star of the h-game Debu Plus ("Fatty Plus"). The sequel Debutopia has three plump sisters for the player to woo.
- Kurumi Kasugaoka from the cancelled dating sim Hachi Koi. Portrayed as extremely chubby, cute and LOVES sweets. Most of her wooing minigames would have revolved around feeding her.
- Justine in Shadows of the Damned was an odd example before her death; a glamorous opera singer, the public saw her as beautiful despite being fat, but from her own perspective her weight made her ugly and undesirable.
- Dating sim makers nitro+ have released artwork of the extra-busty, plump-tummied, thick-thighed Super Pochaco, though it has not been revealed what game she will appear in (an unnamed background character in the Super Sonico anime is believed to be her, but it has not yet been confirmed).
- Mei from Overwatch. Her coat may obscure her body, but her "Pajamei" skin shows her to be quite full-figured with Hartman Hips and a noticeable stomach. And she's no less adorable for it.
- Team Fortress 2: In one of the comics, we get to see the Heavy's sisters, and one of them, Zhanna, seems to have similar bulk as him. Doesn't stop her from being just as attractive as the other two to the characters in-universe. Even out of universe, not adjusting for low detail art style, she's no Brawn Hilda.
- Muchi Muchi Pork is a Bullet Hell shooter that has BBW Fanservice as one of its core selling points. Japanese ads for the game even posed a rhetorical question: "Do you like fat chicks?"
- The Great Fairies in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild have been redesigned from the slender, hourglass-figured forms of past games to a more Rubenesque sort of beauty, with full frames and wide waists. They're still portrayed as very attractive, and two in-universe characters comment on their great beauty.
- Borderlands 2 has Ellie, who is, to put it bluntly, spherical. Not only is she very pleased with her appearance, Mr. Torgue describes her as a "ten", and her own brother Scooter admits to having a little crush on her. It's really only her mother Moxxi who thinks she should slim down.
Ellie: The Hodunks chose that as their emblem 'cause they love skinny chicks. And they love skinny chicks 'cause they's pussies
- All the females from the Visual Novel Mandarava - The Serpent Queen are bbws, since they all live in a society where every male is a Chubby Chaser.
- Pandaren women in World of Warcraft have very full figures compared to all of the other playable races and still retain cute and attractive qualities. The Pandaren as a culture find weight and size attractive, with the females having a joke line saying they could "stand to gain a few pounds" while a male Pandaren will joke that someone looking like they lost weight is terrible.
- In HunieCam Studio, Beli and Jessie appeal to those with a 'Chubby' fetish, while Kyanna and Renee appeal to those with a 'Thick Ass' fetish. Sarah appeals to both those fetishes. Granted, this being a Business Sim it's not particularly obvious, but some of the eyecatch art makes it a bit more obvious (Beli's chub is obvious as she does yoga for her fans, while Kyanna's and Renee's art puts special attention on their ample behinds).
- Due to Author Appeal, The Pirate's Fate has a large number of full figured women.
- This is one of the body types Mila can transform into. The easiest way to trigger the transformation is for the player to make kind and diplomatic choices, but she can also be made into a Fat Bastard if the player chooses to do so.
- On their quest to find the magic coins, the Dread Pirates visit a temple of a beauty goddess, who is the deity of a religion that literally worships good looks. The goddess in question also has a plus sized physique. When Tam Tam admires one of the goddess's statues in the temple, her body increases in size to match it. While she has mixed feelings about the sudden changes to her figure, she remains proud and confident of her body.
- Morgana can also become overweight, causing her to become insecure about her appearance and her diminished physical abilities. Mila has to reassure her that she is both beautiful and an asset to the team.
- The hidden Coven route in Monster Prom mainly focuses on the full-figured Joy. The player admires her "rocking curves", and even the other two members of the group remark that she's the only girl in school without a thigh gap.
- Lard Lass, one of the playable characters in the game Bacon Man, is gluttonous and overweight, notably having a huge belly so big that her costume can't cover it. However, she's never depicted as upset or ashamed over her appearance and is one of the cheeriest characters in the game.
- Embers from IronGate fits in here, she's heavy set, but not portrayed as unattractive for it, in fact, desktop images done for the series feature a pin up style shot of her.
- Pato, from M9 Girls! is notably more full-bodied than the other girls. And she has a very high body esteem to go with it.
- Samantha Lovi from The Zombie Hunters. Her heavyset figure can actually make her seem more attractive than the other female cast.
- The Blonde Marvel is a chubby superheroine that's the Ms. Fanservice of her series.
- Both Ana and Bree from Kurami. Neither has had any love interests yet, but Bree in particular is very confident about her body.
- Carol from Between Failures. Her 'ample figure' is attractive to at least two other cast members.
- Karen of Penny and Aggie is no lightweight, even post-makeover, but has "learned how to work it." Also subverted a bit in that the confidence is an act; she remembers her pre-makeover days and fears that people (especially her boyfriend) will "realize" she's not pretty.
- Jamie from Girls with Slingshots, and to a lesser degree her sister Fiona, both of whom are also Big Fun and buxom. Candy also finds success as a stripper and a dominatrix, despite her abusive personality.
- Faye from Questionable Content appears to have put Sven Bianchi off skinnier women forever.
- Art Evolution takes Marigold Farmer from the "skinny nerd" stereotype to the "chubby nerd" stereotype, at which point she falls into this category as well, protesting the whole way. Lampshaded with some regularity, such as when Faye lends her a swimsuit.
Faye: Too good. She looks better in it than I do.
- Art Evolution takes Marigold Farmer from the "skinny nerd" stereotype to the "chubby nerd" stereotype, at which point she falls into this category as well, protesting the whole way. Lampshaded with some regularity, such as when Faye lends her a swimsuit.
- The titular character in Velamma is this in both senses of the term given she's broad-shouldered, at least as tall as young men and only dwarfed by men in her age range. It starts with a neighbor boy seeing her as unintentional Mrs. Robinson then a (previously) Unlucky Childhood Friend and desperate brother-in-law before escalating with various kinds of threesomes and orgies that she's initially reluctant about until finding out her husband's been cheating on her for years and feels relieved enough to embrace being Dude and Chick Magnet.
- Greta Gravity from Spinnerette is extremely busty, and on the chubby side otherwise too. Justified in that her gravity powers rely on her adipose tissue. She intentionally gained weight (not that she was happy about it) in order to enhance her powers. It's also implied that she's much chubbier than she appears but she uses her powers give herself an hourglass figure.
- The titular heroine disguises herself as one with a fat suit in her civilian identity to hide her extra arms. If anything it makes her look cuter.
- Sadie from Princess Princess refers to herself as having big bones. Several people are attracted to her, and the comic portrays her as cute, stereotypical princess, which includes beauty.
- Almost every girl in Tales of Schlock is plus sized, such as the bottom heavy Manoa or the voluptuous Bodacia just to name a few.
- Never Satisfied: The distinctly plump Philomena has at least two of the other apprentices crushing on her.
- The woman in Dodudindon is tall and thick in contrast to the thin and small bird-like people all around her, even when her hoop dress is peeled off... especially the tiny guy that follows her around whom she teases endlessly.
- Germaine of the Neurotically Yours videos decided to get fat, believing that it would stop people from treating her as a sex-object. Unfortunately, most of her fat simply added to her hourglass figure and drew even more attention from fat admirers.
- Clara from The Guild is a full figured Manic Pixie Dreamgirl who got married and had kids, but never grew out of her wild tendencies. The skinny, spineless Codex spent a whole season pining for the hot stuntman Wade. Clara ended up making out with him shortly after she met him.
- There are whole sites dedicated to galleries of photographs of plump/chubby/fat girlfriends/friends/neighbours, and erotic fiction about women who fatten up, intentionally or not, to become BBWs. There is also a lot of fanart and fanfiction with the same idea, but based around favorite characters.
- Writing.Com has an enormous number of "Choose Your Own Adventure" stories that the reader can add to. The majority of them are Weight Gain stories or Fanfiction, or Weight Gain Fanfiction.
- "Lard Biscuit Enterprises" has a whole section on "Hot Chicks" which, as the name of the site suggests, is full of fuller figured femme fatales.
- "Dimensions Magazine" is a webzine for and about BBWs (and their Distaff Counterpart BHM - Big Handsome Men) and Chubby Chasers. It includes a Classic Story Library and a message board with more and newer stories on it.
- Curvage Forum started out as "Fat Celebs" and was dedicated to pictures of fat/fattened celebrities. Its expanded focus includes Celebrities, Friends and Girlfriends, as well as including sections for art/fiction, lifestyle discussion, other-topic chat and weight gaining tips.
- There are other forums dedicated to similar topics.
- DeviantArt has many, many people on the site solely for the weight gain BBW pictures and stories. About twenty percent of them are Furry art as well.
- MySpace is absolutely full of people whose profile seems to be no more than a hosting page for their gallery. Those galleries are full of folders and each folder is a collection of picture of a topic related to BBWs, such as BBWs In Tight Clothes, BBWs Eating or Before & After They Became BBWs. In fact, a lot of women post folders full of pictures of themselves as they go from being skinny to being a BBW.
- Youtube, similarly has a lot of users dedicating their entire video gallery to nothing but videos of large women eating a lot, wearing clothes that used to fit (often trying to pop off the buttons), playing with their belly rolls and even comparing early, slimmer, videos to those from months or years later when they have potentially doubled in weight or more.
- Cartoonist Jamar Nicholas has a blog devoted to artists' pin-ups of a fat Wonder Woman.
- The erotic cosplayer known as Luu, who released albums called "Real Debu" (debu being Japanese for "fatty" or "chubby") and "Cutie Fat Luu" sometimes poses with desserts, and is one of the few cosplayers out there who can truly pull off Cattleya.
- Luu has since been dethroned by Hoshima Mika, possibly the only cosplayer on Earth who is overqualified to cosplay Super Pochaco.
- Surreal computer animator Wendy Vainity considers herself one, and loves animating characters with huge wobbling masses of flab.
- On Not Always Right, this lady is convinced that she's still carrying too much baby fat, and tries to buy a shapeless black dress to disguise her figure for an upcoming ball. Neither her husband nor the salesperson agree, and the salesperson finally tricks her into trying on a curve-hugging mermaid-cut gown. The husband's reaction:
- THIS ONE! WELL TAKE THIS ONE! and after the ball, we can make a sibling for the baby.
- In Wonder City Stories, the superhero The Fat Lady is not only an immensely powerful superhuman, but also a sexy knockout celebrity who sings opera.
- Ayane Shuin of Porkchop 'n Flatscreen and Chubby Mermaid is a super strong, full figured ninja girl who has the largest and most defined female features of the series, in contrast to her friend, Mai. Her size is also Played for Laughs on occasion.
- Nurse Worse of Dr. Crafty is a very plump Cute Monster Girl who serves as the fat to Crafty's skinny. Her weight was also acknowledged in Episode 20, where the reason she was unaffected by cold environments was because she had the "Thick Fat" ability.
- Teen Girl Squad: In "4 Gregs", D&D Greg tries to rescue a "slightly attractive, slightly overweight color guard maiden" from the school mascot, which he's mistaken for a "shambling krenshar".
- Two-Tone from 101 Dalmatians: The Series is a "bad girl" who has feelings for Lucky, who is also her brother.
- Debbie from American Dad!!, Steve's fat on-and-off girlfriend. He even calls her "you big beautiful creature" at one point.
- Pam Poovey from Archer definitely qualifies, as even Archer himself will attest. The fact that she's larger than the other women in ISIS does nothing to prevent her from being one of the resident Sex Goddesses and Action Girls on the show.
- Lois from As Told by Ginger is on the chubby side and several men in the show take an interest in her. She loses most of the weight in the last few episodes when trying to fit into her wedding dress.
- Eek! The Cat had Annabelle, Eek's girlfriend, who was either considered attractive or elicits this reaction when Eek proudly shows her picture while mentioning that he's taken.
A person: She's really... fat.
Eek: (Genuinely puzzled) Really?
Fry: Oh, Bender. You didn't touch the Crushinator, did you?
- One episode had Fry and Bender stranded on the moon. A farmer offers them shelter with the stipulation that they stay away from his three beautiful robot daughters: two Daisy Duke types and The Crushinator, a pink combine / tank. Later, we see Bender fleeing from an irate, shotgun-wielding farmer.
Bender: Of course not! A lady that fine, you have to romance first.
- In "300 Big Boys", the reveal that the professor's new girlfriend was one of these who had been using stem cells to hide her true appearance, just like he had. They both smile and resume the torrid kissing.
- In the Gravity Falls episode "Soos and the Real Girl", Soos ends up on a date with Melody, a chubby girl who is basically a female version of him.
- Rose Quartz from Steven Universe, Steven's very tall and chubby Posthumous Character mom, is depicted in flashbacks with an ethereal, goddess-like quality, described as beautiful several times, and most characters who knew her, even ones that were her enemies, have a lot of respect for her. However, it turns out that it was actually a shapeshifted disguise; her true form as Pink Diamond, while still very tall, was more along the lines of the thinner forms of her fellow Diamonds.