One soul binding contract later, and off they go. But summoning him was the easy part. Lazareth has no intention of leaving any time soon. Now Bea is stuck with a demonic roommate who own her soul.
A webcomic from artist Mei Rothschild. Featured on Webtoon.
- Amazonian Beauty: After hitting it off with a bartender named Amira, Bea is convinced by her sister to arrange a meet-up with her. And one bit of slight cyber-stalking later, finds she's totally ripped.Bea: Holy shit.
- Ban on Magic: As revealed on page 9, Bea lives in a world where demon summoning is so well known, there's a law against it.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Bea is on the full-figured side. But her success dating clearly shows it doesn't detract from her appeal.
- Bishounen: Laz's human disguise, dubbed 'Bradley', is quite easy on the eyes.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Alex. Initially presented as the perfect guy, his personality shows many suspicious cracks as he keeps appearing. Culminating with him drugging Bea and trying to sacrifice her to his own demon.
- Blank Slate: According to Lazareth, one's memory is blanked when they become a demon. And also once they finish a contract and return to Hell.
- Body Horror: When Alex fails to fulfill his contract, the results are unpleasant. As in spitting up lava and morphing into a hideous demon unpleasant.
- Cast Full of Gay: Aside from Laz (who the creator confirmed is asexual), the comic has a very gay cast.
- Deal with the Devil:
- A rather mundane use of it to boot.
- A more serious case is Alex. Who after getting hammered and crashing his car, makes a deal with a demon to spare himself from death.
- Freak Out: After numerous pages of her mental state clearly being shaky at best, Bea getting fired on page #40 finally tips her into a complete breakdown.
- Human Sacrifice: Alex's Deal with the Devil in a nutshell. Requiring him to find someone who loved him for him and not for his money or status, and then hand them over to his demon.
- Loophole Abuse: What saves Bea from being sacrificed by Alex. As demons can't accept a contract sacrifice when the sacrifice is already bound by another contract. Ergo, Bea flies free and Alex gets his just deserts.
- Read the Fine Print: Said word for word by Lazareth the day after the wedding. Turns out if Bea had done so, she'd have noticed only 13 of the 666 pages made up the actual deal.
- Shout-Out: The owner of the bookstore/bakery where Bea works is very obviously a nod to Aziraphale.
- Statuesque Stunner: Bea's ex Ava's new squeeze, Elaine. As excessively tall as she is excessively pretty. When Laz meets her at the wedding, he assumes she's another demon because she's such a looker.