Gaia has Loads and Loads of Characters. Here they are - or at least some of them.
- Shopkeeper: Much of the characters run the shops you can visit.
- Aerith and Bob: The cast of NPCs averted this for a while, mostly consisting of names like Ian and Johnny, with the least "normal" probably being Moira or Anna Corinne. Later additions like Cresento and Nicolae eventually shoved Gaia into this trope. Then you have the vast collection of usernames; many people think of their avatars as characters with some place in The 'Verse, and even if you only count the three users who have definitively become part of canon, none of them had particularly average names.
- Fan Disservice: Her infamous "Sagatha" Halloween costume.
- Halloween Cosplay: One of the original cosplayers in 2004 as Slimer. Later years brought us the memetic "Sagatha", a blue-skinned Medusa costume with a metal bra and not much else.
- In 2010 ,she cosplayed as Cleopatra
- Never Mess with Granny: Not a grandmother yet, but one piece of dialogue from a zOMG! quest involving her suggests that she finds the Animated more of a nuisance than an actual threat, and makes trips to Durem despite them and the barricade (and the rumored greater Animated presence in Durem).
- There's also her fearlessness in putting her body on display every Halloween...
- Friend to All Living Things: He loves fish.
- Just Friends: There is a lot of speculation about Barrett and Mirai's relationship. But they probably put the fish before their own relationship.
- Barrett definitely shows signs of interest in Mirai. And seeing as the two were based on a real-life couple among Gaia staff...
- Manly Tears: He will shed some when one of your fish dies.
- Berserk Button: Apparently loud sounds are enough to get Carl riled up, but if you value your crew's life in Frontier Skies, do not kill his kin!
- Furry Reminder: He's a deer and, as would be expected, he's set off by loud noises.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: The whole "deer caught in the headlights" look. Very creepy.
- Halloween Cosplay: In one instance, he was Tony Chopper and, in another, he was Pinkie Pie.
- The Millstone: You could choose him as a guide during the Summer '10 event, which was an Affectionate Parody of The Oregon Trail. Among other things, he would eat your bullets and/or throw them overboard... and kill the entire party if you shot other elk while hunting.
- As a result, the badge you get for winning with him is easily the most expensive of the badges.
- Shopkeeper: Somehow, since he's a regular deer and probably doesn't even know what money is.
- Talking Animal: Averted, as his speech bubbles narrate his actions, however, some holiday season errors result in him accidentally praising you for Christmas carols or Trick Or Treats.
Damian "Ian" Von Helson
- Beware the Nice Ones: If you harm or threat any of his closest friends and family menbers, you're gonna be in for some major trouble.
- Big Brother Instinct: Very much so to Louie especially after they both reunited.
- Character Development: Quite a major one. The outcome? Check his level of badass!
- Cool Loser
- Dhampyr: Vampire on his father's side, human on his mother's.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Due to years of exposure in the human world, Ian, by far, doesn't request much for his vampire needs, and gets along with people very well.
- Halloween Cosplay: He's pretty much the resident anime themed cosplayer. Since the boutique upgrade, he usually plays The Hero characters.
- Hellish Pupils: Comes from being half vampire. Ian's anything but "hellish," though.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Of Rufus no less
- Nice Hat
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He's mostly called and known as "Ian". His real name "Damian" is mostly said in the comics
- Took a Level in Badass: Halloween 2K7 movie MMVII part II. Ian transformed into vampire battle mode, swanged Zhivago 2 full circles in midair, tossed him up in the air, and send him off with a flykick. Later got stabbed by Zhivago again on the hand, but not only did Ian took a bite in paining Zhivago off the building, he pulled out the dagger in his hand in full ease.
- Vegetarian Vampire: Close, though he's very good at not craving for blood, he's certainly consumes human food normally, like cooked meat, and pies.
LeonCaptain of the Barton Regulars. Also runs the Guild Registry.
- City Guard
- Extreme Omnivore: He'd have to be, to eat his mom's cooking.
- Made of Iron: Supposedly, he's "really tough" even by Gaian standards. The fact that he can stomach his Mom's cooking is more evidence of that.
- The Stoic: His avatar, zOMG-wise, doesn't really show emotions
- Supreme Chef: implicitly. Rina's shop dialogue cites him as the reason she can sell food and not just flowers. Though given some of the food options available in Rina's store, he could also be a Lethal Chef.
- Word of God: Not. Rina's. Brother.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Her parents are named "Logan" and "Agatha." So what's up with the Japanese name?
- Multicolored Hair: Blonde with pink and blue highlights.
- Odd Name Out: Along side her parents, with decidedly English/Western names.
- The Rival: downplayed to Vanessa. It's teased in their shop dialogue that Vanessa is jealous of Mirai's hair.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Even though her relationship to Leon never actually existed as such.
- Cheerful Child: She's always smiling and happy
- Genki Girl: in spades.
- Girlish Pigtails: As a child. Also the wig on her first SD Plus doll.
- Halloween Cosplay: As Italy in 2010, and as an anthropomorphic flower prior to that.
- As Sailor Moon in 2012
- Innocent Flower Girl: Parodied, then averted. She's a Genki Girl, a Yaoi Fangirl, a bully, and a Lethal Chef. And she supported Sin in Halloween 2009.
- Item Crafting: Makes bouquets from flowers you picked in Gaia Towns.
- Lethal Chef: The "special cupcakes" she sells have flowers in them and make people sick, and she's also made such things as a "chocolate-rhubarb-sausage pie."
- She Is All Grown Up: She used to just be a cute and energetic little girl. The above, right, is her now, complete with quite a ladylike expression, too.
- Yaoi Fangirl: According to a few comics
- Yuri Fan: She wanted a "sexy succubus" and shipped several girl-girl pairings during the Ships Happen Chance Item, including Kanoko and herself.
- Cute Kitten
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: A minor plot point in zOMG! He has a pair of pants he can't wear, because they don't have a zipper, so there's no place for his tail.
- Non-Human Sidekick: To Ian, with whom he runs the shop with.
- Talking Animal There aren't a lot of talking animals, much less cats, in Gaia's lore but he is a talking cat that wears clothes.
BildauOne of the legal bots living in Aekea. Works in The Faktori, a store for house items.
- Gratuitous Japanese: It throws a IRASHAIMASU once in a while in its shop dialogues.
- Robot Buddy
BludauAnother bot living in the town. Used to sell floor furnishing in the Factori until it replaced Josie in the Gaian Housing Commission.
- And Call Him "George"!:Bludeau: Please allow me to hug you. I promise not to crush you like the last six customers...
- Cuddlebug: He tries to be. See the above entry
- Robot Buddy: He's a pretty friendly guy, just don't let him hug you.
- Tin Man It's troubled by not feeling emotion (of a human sense, anyway), but is still obsessed with knowing...
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: He's fascinated with human emotions, love and affection.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Specially her earring throwing skills. Also, it's mentioned at some point that she's a retired boxer, and until her makeover for Global Imports she had the buff arms to prove it.
- Demoted to Extra: Faded from public view when Housing failed, but rebounded with the opening of Global Imports.
- Girlish Pigtails: Before her makeover.
- Halloween Cosplay: As Mary Poppins in 2010.
- Twofer Token Minority: Female and black.
- Bishie Sparkle
- Genius Ditz: He's cunning if a bit scatterbrained.
- Halloween Cosplay: As Kise in 2012.
- Handsome Lech
- Hollywood Nerd: Justified; apparently he's as big on fitness and womanizing as he is on robots, and puts effort into maintaining his image.
- Megane: Usually seen wearing a pair of glasses when he's working on 'bots.
- Multicolored Hair: Red with white-blonde tips.
- Sensei for Scoundrels: Tries to be this for Gino. It doesn't work.
RibateauThe third of the known Aekean bots. A specialist in wall furnishing in The Faktori.
- Gender-Blender Name: Though, it can be inferred her name is short for "Samantha".
- Halloween Cosplay: As Pris from Blade Runner in 2010 and as Gadget Hackwrench from Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers in 2012
- Hidden Depths: The updated rerelease of Frontier Skies reveals her to know a fair bit about wilderness survival, handwaved as an interest in do-it-yourself stuff.
- Ms. Fanservice: An update to the garages featured changed art of her looking all dishevelled and dirty. Prior to that, she wore a jumpsuit open to her waist (though she wore something of a crop top underneath).
- Tsundere: Towards Liam, but now that they've hooked up. it doesn't seem to show as much anymore.
- Wrench Wench: Fitting that she runs an auto shop.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has blue hair tied in a ponytail.
DevinHelps Natasha run Skin Tyte. Has the hots for Lance.
- Camp Gay: Ever since he put on that pink shirt, he's become this more so..
- Gentle Giant: Yes, he's tattooed, muscled, and has ping-pong ball horns. But he's harmless.
- Granola Girl: He's what's known as an ultra-vegan; he'll only eat plants if they died a natural death without human interference (how that works is anyone's guess). However, he'll make an exception for chicken pot pies ("Pie Hard").
- Halloween Cosplay: As an Oni in 2010.
- Item Crafting: Mixes inks for you if you want an unusual color.
- Pet Homosexual: Plays this role, somewhat, to Natasha
- Straight Gay: Was this at first, but that was only before we even knew anything about him. Soon after he was revealed gay, they replaced his big muscles and red wife-beater with a lean frame and a pink button down shirt.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Good scars, (though they're hard to see/notice) an X on his forehead and a few on his chest, both from a fight with Zhivago.
- Halloween Cosplay: Batman for 2k9, and again in 2010. In previous years, he went as James Bond. In 2011, he went as Ezio Auditore da Firenze.
- Happily Married: To Vanessa, as we find out.
- Vanessa: "Edmund's so amazing... After Violet was born he took time off work to stay at home with her, even after he'd been away from his shop for so long."
- Mr. Fanservice: Yes. Believe it or not, with all the bishies running around, Edmund has one of the bigger fangirl followings on Gaia.
- MayDecember Romance: Edmund is old enough that he knew Old Man Logan when he was Young Man Logan, but is married to Vanessa, who hangs out with teenagers and doesn't look a day over twenty-five.
- Put on a Bus: For a little while, he was absent from his shop. According to the Vanessa's dialogue, he was looking after Violet at home.
- Cool Big Sis: not literally, but has this personality toward new Gaians. Registering members will complete tutorials with her and get welcoming feedback.
- Halloween Cosplay: Typically as Morrigan Aensland. Rumor has it she was one of Gaia's first Halloween cosplayers in 2004 as Freddy Krueger. In 2010, she cosplayed as Mokoto Kusangi. As of 2011, Chell.
- Item Crafting: Makes colored ink from the bugs you caught in Gaia Towns.
- Perky Goth: Though she teeters more on punk.
- Site Mascot: Prominently pictured in most promotional material alongside mascots like Kiki, Coco, and Gaia-tan.
- Tsundere: Apparently towards Louie.
NatashaOwner of Skin Tyte, Gaia's piercing and tattoo parlor.
- Halloween Cosplay: As a very Stripperiffic Night Elf in 2010.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Has something of passing resemblance to P!nk
SteinOwner of Crosstitch, a shop for items designed by Gaians.
- Cute Monster Girl: A Gender Flipped example.
- Frankenstein's Monster: Befitting of his name
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Chatty Hairdresser: Some of her dialogue when interacted with.
- Gag Boobs: Lampshaded with her "Yes, they're real." quote
- Green-Eyed Monster: She's hinted to be jealous of Mirai's hair.
- Halloween Cosplay: As Elvira. In 2010, she cosplayed as Dr. Girlfriend/Dr. Mrs. the Monarch from The Venture Bros..
- She's Catwoman in 2012
- Longest Pregnancy Ever: Implied, considering that Violet debuted after the Airship Saga (which was about 2013-about 2017). However, unlike most examples, we haven't seen her pregnant
- Multicolored Hair: Black and bleach-blonde. Justified since she's a hairstylist and can give you some pretty wacky colors. Her advertisement even shows that she does Sasha's highlights.
- Babies Make Everything Better: After the event with Nyx followed by months of storyline drought; the discovery of Violet was a delight to the community. Adding to this, with Rina and, then, Peyo growing up, the baby is one of few child NPCs. There's also the fact that Edmund seems to be smiling more.
- Daddy's Girl: As we can see.
- Cuteness Proximity: She's adorable
- Beauty Mark: Under her left eye.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Her outfit invokes something with this
- Family Theme Naming: Her name being Violet, matching with mother's name, Vanessa
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Is shown with a cat plushie,
- Halloween Cosplay: She was dressed-up as Mimikyu for October 2017.
- Like Father, Like Son: She wears purple, like her mother
- Living Prop: In some sense because she's a baby, who can't walk or talk, yet, so the Gaians can't talk to her directly when they interact with Edmund's shop.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Though her hair is more of a purple
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Violet sports a shade of purple hair of her namesake. She gets it from her mom, which proves its natural.
BeckyManages Prize & Joy, where tickets won in the Gold Mountain casino can be redeemed for prizes.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Beware the Nice Ones: Russell Ace specifically bribes you not to tell Becky he lost to you at Blackjack, although it could just mean he has a crush on her.
- Black Comedy Rape: Implied. Becky's fear of costume events stems from the attentions of a stallion while she was in the back of a horse costume.
- Halloween Cosplay: Prior to 2010, she didn't dress up for holidays, citing a fear of costumes. In more recent years, she seems to have overcome this, as she went as Lady Gaga in 2010.
Johnny K. GambinoOwner of Isle de Gambino and G-Corp. Father of Gino Gambino.
- All There in the Manual: When he first opened the Bank of Gambino, he offered promotional no fault loans for its first month. Most of the original shopkeepers got their start this way.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: He has the most obvious and largest of the cast.
- Bumbling Dad: He's a brilliant man who can play the stock market like nobody's business, but he cannot for the life of him remember to keep an eye on his only son and future heir, even after said son has already been kidnapped by vampires twice, jumped headfirst off a collapsing skyscraper, and kersploded with enough force to attract the attention of aliens from halfway across the galaxy and tear a hole in reality. This trope is actually a step up, as he's been rather abusive/neglectful of Gino otherwise.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Goes without saying too much since his company is the reason why the 2k4 Halloween event happened.
- Divine Parentage: Presumably the source of Gino's divine blood, unless Kuro's about to send assassins for Ian and Louie.
- Evil Laugh: Somewhat justified, since he originally was a Big Bad. He's since mellowed somewhat, but is still prone to cutting loose if he's coming up with "a scheme".
- Evilutionary Biologist
- Halloween Cosplay: Himself with a severed head.
- Inexplicably Awesome: And probably where Gino gets his Weirdness Magnet.
- Killed Off for Real: There was even a funeral held for him by the Staff, complete with dramatic sobbing. His profile and avatar have been changed to be a memorial, and the GCD is still a little bit in denial. The denial's well-founded. He'd acquired an interactive role, walking new members through the process of adding others to their friends list, giving out items, and even performed the Anniversary 2010 announcement.
- Large and in Charge: How big he is varies but one thing is for certain and it's that he's bigger than most of the cast.
- Large Ham
- Mad Scientist
- Mysterious Middle Initial: For the longest time, nobody knew what the K stood for. Word of God stated that "the world is not ready to know", which was assumed to be admin code for "we never actually thought about it". Eventually one of the founders came back for a visit and held an impromptu Q&A, where he revealed it to be Kage.
- Orphaned Reference: His birthday was originally stated to be May 15, 1962.
- Properly Paranoid
- Sacrificial Lion
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Oh, the shenanigans he's gotten into over the years. Interestingly enough, he began life penniless and made his fortune gambling.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Plot!
- Self-Made Man: Twice. First with ventures like G-Corp and the Isle of Gambino, and again with the energy drink Red Bino. Being descended from the Titan of Ambition helped somewhat.
- Shirtless Scene: Following his separation from Gino.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Caviar and nachos.
- Villain with Good Publicity
Gino GambinoSon (sometimes mistaken for daughter) of Johnny K. Gambino. Has zero talent with women.
- Alliterative Name: Gino Gambino
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: In the manga
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Like his father. This also lead to the "Twinkie Brows" meme.
- Bishounen: Played straight during the Fusion Dance plotline, has since been deconstructed: his skinniness is caused by poor health, and he's sometimes drawn as genuinely unhealthy-looking.
- Butt-Monkey: Anything happens to this guy. He's lost his memory, has no talent with women, has disappeared three times, has his house burned three times, was infected by the G-virus, was made fun of constantly by the people in his boarding school and then got possessed by a clam. Two of the three aforementioned disappearances involved being kidnapped by vampires.
- Cool Loser
- Distressed Dude: All the time.
- Divine Parentage: It's revealed by Meili that he's the last descendant of a Titan.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Lampshaded by his doll.
- Fusion Dance: With his father.
- Love Makes You Evil / Driven by Envy: Towards the end of the Masque arc, Gino became violently jealous over Sasha's relationship with Ian. This led to the confrontation that ended in the explosive end of the fusion effect.
- Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter: Yeah, he's male, but he still fits pretty well.
- Naked People Are Funny: Everybody remembers the Overseer possession. Less well-remembered is his lack of pants at the end of the fusion plot.
- Older Than They Look: He's about college age (18-20sish)but you'd think he was younger from his looks.
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: After a Fusion Dance, he was aged up from 16 to 19-ish so he could go and woo Sasha. Gino and Johnny separated later, putting him back at his original age.
- Took a Level in Badass: During the Masque arc, when he became a masked superhero due to the fusion with his father.
- Gradually took another level (or recovered from Badass Decay) during the Airship Saga.
- Vague Age: Gino's profile originally listed his date of birth as May 13, 1988. He's actually in his early twenties, making him college age. After profile format changed, things like date of birth were not visible to general public on the default setting. Most NPC profiles haven't changed the default settings so many forget Gino's age and base it on appearance. It's not that he's not aging, just that the artists are slow on updating his design (supposing he doesn't age slower).
- Weirdness Magnet: Even by Gaia standards.
LexWorks at Gold Mountain. Impersonates Elvis occasionally.
- A Day in the Limelight: The Lexbox RIG, featuring him jumping through different videogame scenarios while knocked unconscious.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Counter-example, as he's rather benevolent
JinxWorks at Gold Mountain as the second dealer you face in Blackjack.
- Calling Your Attacks: Blackjack cheats. Jinx's is "Fresh Start", which allows her to discard her present hand and draw a new one.
- Tsundere: Implied in the dating sim scenario of the Lexbox, where she's turning away from Lex with a pout.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Russel AaceWorks at Gold Mountain as the first dealer you face in Blackjack.
- Calling Your Attacks: Blackjack cheats. Ace's is "Pocket Ace", which allows him to automatically draw an ace card.
- Gay Option: In the Lexbox's dating sim stage.
- Kiss of Life: In the Lexbox's Game Over screen. Lampshaded by Becky as incorrect treatment for a concussion.
- Take That!: Aace was based on a member of the Gaia staff who was a bit of a Jerkass.
- Ambiguously Brown: It's not made clear, though she's either an islander, has a tan, or is meant to be gangkuro. Given the lack of exaggerated makeup, it's safe to assume she's most likely one or both of the former two.
- The Chick
- The Ditz: Possibly of the Genius Ditz variety; she's apparently capable of giving hospital-quality medical care.
- Formerly Fat: According to the Summer 2k9 tie-in "Fitness Camp".
- Halloween Cosplay: As Samara. In 2010, she wore a banana costume.
- Love Interest: For Ian, Liam, and Gino.
- Multicolored Hair: Brown with blonde streaks. Justified, as the advertisement for Salon Durem has a picture of Vanessa working on Sasha's hair.
- Valley Girl: In her shop dialog. Used to be more prominent than it is now, but it still shows up in her poetry.
- Absolute Cleavage: Her more recent look has this
- Christmas Cake
- Double Entendre: "It refers to the clothing racks, smartass."
- Glamorous Single Mother: Acts and looks the part, certainly, given that she's certainly not struggling.
- Halloween Cosplay: As, fittingly, Power Girl in 2012
- Male Gaze: Goes without saying but this is best emphasized in her above appearance
- Noodle Incident: How she met and what happened to Peyo's father.
- My Eyes Are Up Here: She wore an outfit that emphasized her cleavage and her updated appearance really looks like this.
- Animal Motifs: Ducks
- A Day in the Limelight: The Animal Quackers RIG.
- Disappeared Dad: We only see his mother, Ruby
- Captain Ersatz: Did you know that Peyo's the one who created those little blue and white-hat creatures in the forest?
- Friend to All Living Things: In Animal Quackers, he somehow gets into almost every enclosure at the zoo and gets along with all of the animals just fine. This is visibly lampshaded at least twice in the gorilla encounter.
- Halloween Cosplay: As Max from Where the Wild Things Are in 2010.
- He was also Finn the Human from Adventure Time in 2011.
- He Is All Grown Up: Starting to evoke this reaction out of Rina as he enters puberty.
- Item Crafting: Makes paper crafts from pieces of trash you pick up in Gaia Towns.
- A Day in the Limelight: The Code Alpha RIG, where she briefly takes up superheroism.
- Halloween Cosplay: One of the original cosplayers as Darth Vader in 2004. Later, she cosplayed as a genderbent Dracula. You think her boss noticed?
- Hot Librarian: Well, bank teller technically, but she's got the look.
- Meganekko: Wears rather opaque glasses
- Office Lady: Looks and plays the part, mostly, being a bank teller.
- Plucky Office Girl: She mentions during Ian's trial that she graduated from college at the age of fifteen, proving that she has the intelligence and motivation to do greater things, but after all these years she's still just a half-forgotten bank teller. Additionally, one of her lines, back when she had NPC dialogue, stated that she'd developed Super Strength from hauling sacks of gold around. And let's not forget that during Prom '08, she was scripted to be the only one brave enough to dance with Bludeau. And a RIG has her going full Superhero for a while
Labtech XWorked for G-Corp before, during, and after the Zombie Apocalypse (both of them). Was apparently close friends with Labtech 123.
- Cloning Blues: He doesn't much care for being a clone of [[spoiler: Johnny Gambino nor the lack of approval from said original)
- The Faceless: With Scary Shiny Glasses in his earlier appearances.
- Genius Bruiser
- Large and in Charge
- Noodle Incident: Invoked. See below.
- Let X Be the Unknown:
- In zOMG!, we learned that he has a bad case of the Cloning Blues and is experimenting with the Animated to destroy Gaia in revenge for being neglected by Johnny Gambino.
- In Grave Danger, Labtech Rory revealed to X's fanthread that he enjoys celebrating his birthday with his coworkers. Or at least, he did when Rory was alive. When asked, Rory declined to "remind" the fanthread when X's birthday is.
- Mad Scientist
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Is motivated to destroy Gaia Online by a bad case of the Cloning Blues and lack of approval from his creator/parent/original, Johnny Gambino.
Vladimir Von HelsonEx-leader of Gaia's vampires. Father of Ian and Louie Von Helson, along with the twins. Presumed dead.
- Beard of Evil
- Big Bad: For the 2007 Halloween story.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: There was a huge setup for a climactic battle in the Halloween '07 plot... and then he got shot.
- Expy: Of Castlevania's Dracula. To the point that for MMVII, they allegedly hired his voice actor from Symphony of the Night.
- Hellish Pupils: Standard for Gaian vampires.
- High-Class Glass: Drinks from a wine glass
- Instant Death Bullet: Really, he got shot and it wasn't climatic either. Weird thing about that is that we don't know what kind of bullet they used.
- Man of Wealth and Taste
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: His name Vladimir
- Skunk Stripe: Two thin white streaks in his (dark) hair, one big stripe in his Beard of Evil.
Anna Corinne Von Helson & Marie Von Helson
- A Glass of Chianti: The twins were having a toast when a skyscraper hit them in the face.
- Bare Your Midriff: Their default outfits involve crop-tops
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Anna Corinne wears blue, while Marie wears red. So far, that's the about the only difference, with the exception of Marie's eyepatch and scar (after the skyscraper incident)
- Daddy's Little Villain
- Eyepatch of Power: Apparently just for looks; Marie flips it up in one of the manga updates, revealing that her eye is more or less normal underneath.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: After the aforementioned skyscraper incident, Marie has a ragged "evil" scar across her right eye, providing a more convenient way to tell them apart.
- Hellish Pupils: By virtue of them being vampires.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: In their earlier incarnation, the way you could tell them apart were the colors they wore, in which case, Anna wore blue, while her sister, Marie, wore red. After the skyscraper incident, the latter has an eyepatch and scar.
- I Do Not Drink Wine: But they do eat pies. (competed in the Pie Hard pie-eating contest and were eliminated)
- Kick the Dog: In zOMG!, Anne can be seen picking on Marie for her scars.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: From their first appearance, they were very obviously based on the Hilton sisters. That aspect's been played down since then, though.
- Rich Bitch
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!
- Spoiled Brat
- Twin Threesome Fantasy: And Liam still hit it and quit it.
- The Vamp: Until Liam swayed them with the power of his "pythons."
Louie Von Helson
- Dhampyr: His mother's human
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Just a vampire who operates a shop and interacts with you in zOMG!
- Halloween Cosplay: Wears a very Uryu Ishida-esque costume in 2010. In 2012, he's Sebastian. For 2013, he's sporting a very fan-servicing Trafalgar Law ensemble.
- Hellish Pupils: Standard for vampires. Louie's a pretty nice guy, though, and his are subtle.
- Implausible Hair Color: His father had dark auburn hair and his mother was a blonde but, for some reason, he has black hair, though, it's not mentioned if he dyes/dyed his hair like Ian does.
- I Do Not Drink Wine: But he does eat double-cheeseburgers (one of the possible events in "Frontier Skies" has him raiding your food supply), and he does eat pies (placed in the final six for the "Pie Hard" event). According to the comics associated with the latter, human-style food is digestible but unpleasant to vampires.
- The Wise Prince
- Upper-Class Twit: A very zig-zagging case at times.
ZhivagoVladimir's hired gunman. Apparently now working for Don Kuro.
- An Arm and a Leg: Loses his arm to Edmund in the final battle of the Airship Saga.
- Cold Sniper
- Dark-Skinned Blond
- The Dragon
- Even Evil Has Standards: He dislikes being sicced on Gino by Don Kuro. Note that he didn't seem to have any such reservations while working for Von Helson.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Classic evil scar.
- Hellish Pupils: It's a vampire thing.
- Psycho for Hire
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Vampires have this whenever they're about to do something badass, otherwise their eyes are gray. Zhivago apparently has this effect going all the time.
- Drow: What they're cursed to be.
- Hereditary Curse: Due to the Kuro Clan's treason, all their members have pitch-black, lifeless skin and extremely sensitive eyes, forcing them to live underground and away from sunlight.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: The Kuro Clan was once one of the most powerful elf noble families before they were banished for treason
- Meaningful Name: Their gang is called after the color of their skin, "Kuro" being the Japanese name for "black"
- Action Girl
- Alliterative Name: Sounds wise, anyway
- Bifauxnen: She's female but has a boyish sort of look.
- Cool Big Sis: To Don, in a sense
- Dhampyr: She is the product of her mother's affair with a vampire.
- The Dragon: Maybe.
- Hereditary Curse:However, due to her half-vampire blood, she doesn't suffer from it as much.
- Klingon Promotion: Ultimately how she becomes the new Don.
- Samus Is a Girl: Or at least, "not a bishie".
- The Starscream: Technically becomes this, not to take power for herself, but to bring her brother to justice.
- You Are What You Hate: She often shows disdain for vampires, despite being half-vampire herself.
- Deal with the Devil: He makes one with Nyx in order to revive his clan.
- Demonic Possession: Courtesy of Nyx.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": He's called "Don" (as in "mafia don") but his real name is "Luca"
- Evil Genius
- Hereditary Curse: Because he is the family heir, he suffered the most from it, being sickly and having his growth stunted in childhood forever.
- Killed Off for Real: Following Nyx's resealment, Cordell puts him out of his misery.
- No Fourth Wall: One minigame had him attend an anime convention, find naughty doujinshi of himself and Devin, and tell the audience, "This isn't canon."
- Not-So-Harmless Villain
- Really 700 Years Old: Looks like a 5-year-old, but is actually 800.
- We Have Reserves: Treats the vampires under his employ this way. It predictably comes back to bite him.
JackThe pumpkin-headed Anthropomorphic Personification of Halloween.
- Depower: Does this to the Overseer and Sentinel at the conclusion of the Halloween 2k8 event. Later revealed he has no such powers himself, but did so under orders from Gaia herself. Not that it stopped him from playing himself up.
- Dark Is Evil
- For the Evulz
The Easter BunnyEveryone's favorite lovable lapine as a psycho cyborg/robot/something.
- The Alcoholic: Possibly, according to his origin comic.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: A likely consequence of the injury he sustained from Jack when they were young.
- Group Of Bullies: He and a few other holiday spirits used to bully a young Santa when they were young. That came to an end when Jack came to his defense and clocked the Easter Bunny so hard, when he hit the ground, the impact fractured his skull and permanently disfigured his face.
- Fluffy the Terrible: The Easter Bunny has a habit of handing out "eggs" that are actually timebombs.
- Robot Me
SantaThe kindly old elf himself!
- Everything's Better with Cows: Santa spent a couple of years trapped in the body of a cow thanks to a Freaky Friday plot.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: Got switched with a cow - while investigating a routine cow abduction by the Zurg, he unintentionally got caught in the beam, leading to him and the cow accidentally being lifted into a powerline. The surge of electricity, combined with whatever the beam runs on, somehow triggers the mind swap.
- Mobile-Suit Human: Christmas elves are kinda small. When out and about among humans, Santa's been known to use a Santa-shaped mobile suit.
- Santa Claus
- Too Dumb to Live: He spent the week leading up to Christmas 2k10 doing things like staring down the barrel of a shotgun while cleaning it with a kitchen scrub brush and skidding along a freshly-waxed floor with his socks on in a room full of swords.
The OverseerA demi-god of old transformed into a clam. Until Demonbusters, he was found in your aquarium. Took over Gino's body during the Demonbusters event; turned into a mortal human by Jack after the event.
- Blinding Bangs: Lifted just enough to show his eyes at the very end of the Demonbusters storyline, when he was made mortal.
- Subverted, when he appeared as a statue for your aquarium, where we can see his eyes.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Spending a millennia as a clam might justify him being out of touch with some things, but when the one who spent it in a box is more street-smart than him...
- Demonic Possession: Subverted, as the possessor in this case is the good guy.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Thanks, Jack!
- Guy In A Clam: How he currently appears in your aquarium
- Goofy Print Underwear: He got 'em (with little fish prints all over.) When he feels like wearing clothes, that is.
- Humanity Ensues: Jack transformed him into a mortal human at the end of the Demonbusters event.
- Large Ham: FEELS GOOD, MAN!
- Meaningful Rename: Gaia rechristiens him as Marius, albeit "Clifford" was her first choice.
- Mix-and-Match Critters / Two Beings, One Body: Between himself and Gino.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Naked People Are Funny: CLOTHING WOULD MERELY DIMINISH MY POWER!
- Nice Hat
- Red Herring Shirt
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to the Sentinel's red.
- Whole Costume Reference: Without his hat, he looks an awful lot like Souji Seta / Yu Narukami.
The SentinelA demi-goddess of old. Was stuck in a box for 1000 years, where she went mad. Tried to take over the world during the Demonbusters event; made into a mortal human by Jack after the event.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: Though her skin tone is lighter but, nevertheless, she's tan with red hair.
- Dropped A Bridge On Her
- Even the Girls Want Her
- Freudian Excuse: Her imprisonment was implied to have been much less peaceful than her counterpart's.
- Girl in a Box
- Hot as Hell
- Humanity Ensues: Jack transformed her into a mortal human at the end of the Demonbusters event.
- Large Ham
- Ms. Fanservice
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to the Overseer's blue.
- Sealed Chaos In A Box
- Stripperiffic: Her usual wardrobe is comprised of these kinds of outfits.
MeiliA god found on Dref Dur that also happens to be a son of Gaia (as in Mother Gaia) and the god that the Overseer and Sentinel seek to try and see if they can gain their powers back through him.
- Facial Markings
- Handwraps of Awesome: They seem to be bandages, anyways.
- Hellish Pupils: His irises seem to be slitted (none of the pages gives you a good look at his eyes anyways), but (if true) subverted in that he's actually quite nice... to Gino, at least.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Battles Zhivago to buy time for Gino to escape. Possibly subverted, as Meili was also one of Zhivago's targets.
- Pretty Boy
- Pretty in Mink: Meili wears the fur of an animal or beast alongside its skull.
- Sacrificial Lion
NyxAnother one of Gaia's sons. He is summoned by Luca to help the Kuro Clan. He is the one who has Don Kuro send assassins to kill Johnny K. and Gino Gambino.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: but his sclerae were dark blue when he was younger.
- Cain and Abel: with Meili
- No Shirt, Long Jacket: He wears this along with a pair of snug-fitting pants.
- Omnicidal Maniac: It is unknown if he plans to (or even if he can) kill Gaia and here other sons, but he wreaks havoc in the mortal world by having lesser gods killed off and attacking the city of Durem.
- The Trickster: Used to be one with the Titan of Ambition.
- The Beard: Went to a prom event as Devin's date, even though it was known at the time that Devin doesn't swing that way. This, along with her choice of a tuxedo rather than a dress for the event, fueled speculation that Flynn was a lesbian.
- Put on a Bus: To space, then the Neon Core RIG rolled around and showed that she Took a Level in Badass.
- Space Pirate: She's become quite a successful one, as seen in the Neon Core RIG.
LanceFormer Cash Shop's delivery guy
- Ambiguously Gay: He was a dance partner to Devin for the prom
- Mr. Fanservice
- Innocent Innuendo: Lampshaded when Devin has an explosive Nosebleed at Lance bringing him a big, hard package.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Lance is no longer the La Victoire deliveryman and has not been seen or referenced since vanishing from this position.
- Yaoi Guys: Promageddon 2009 ends with Lance and Devin as dance partners, probably indicating a promotion to "couple".
Dr. SinghHosts weekly Evolving Item reports. Apparently raised Timmy, though not very well.
- Abusive Parents: While it's unclear exactly what her relationship with Timmy is, she is his guardian and she put him barrel of G-Corp goo.
- Evilutionary Biologist: She put Timmy in a barrel of G-corp goo and spent several weeks gleefully observing his mutations.
- Jerkass: "Quit whining about your possibly-infected stab wounds, already!"
- Karma Houdini: Invoked. One of the options in a Timmy-related poll was to have him punish her for his mistreatment. People voted to make him an evolving item instead.
- Would Hurt a Child: Well, she did put Timmy in a barrel of toxic waste
TimmyDr. Singh's muchly-abused assistant. Used to be a cute kid. Was infected with pure evil once. Then he came down with megapuberty and got a Plot-Relevant Age-Up.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: He became an evolving item.
- Beard of Evil: Part of his "T-Bone" persona.
- Creepy Child: Back when Timmy was infected with pure evil.
- Evil Costume Switch: "T-Bone" wore a suit.
- Fan Disservice: His Plot-Relevant Age-Up turned him into a gangly, awkward thing resembling Borat rather than the Mr. Fanservice that the Estrogen Brigade hoped he would be.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: While he was infected with pure evil and went by "T-Bone."
- Parental Incest: Unintentional. The 2008 prom manga showed Timmy trying to build up the courage to ask Dr Singh to be his date for the prom, and his anger at being pipped to the post by Lance. It was revealed much later that Singh has actually raised Timmy from an early age, which might hint towards an unintentional gender-flipped Wife Husbandry by Singh.
- The Pollyanna: Until after his jailtime, Timmy would always immediately forgive Singh for anything bad she did to him as soon as the situation was resolved, refusing to believe it was her fault, and was optimistic throughout his mutations. He seems to have grown out of it now, though.
- Pornstache: After he hit "megapuberty"
The Orion Siblings
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of the stars in Orion (who actually exists as their father).
- Early-Bird Cameo: Rigel and Mintaka appeared as SDPlus dolls in the Perfect Tragedy RIG with their faces obscured, a month before their proper introduction.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles
- Expy: The comparisons between Rigel and Mintaka and Team Rocket didn't go unnoticed by users.
- Sibling Rivalry: Saiph and Hatsya like it on Earth, but Rigel and Mintaka want none of that. Too bad for them, then, that Orion punishes them by exiling them to Gaia.
Cygnus and Jet
- Jerkass: Jet, to an extent, though his being an adorable kitten star kind of negates this."Please buy something nice so I can stop looking at such a poorly dressed person."
- The Voiceless: Cygnus; Jet does all of the talking.
Julie:Ran the MTV shop until late 2010.
- Product Placement: Meant to promote The Hills
JawsA cute little sharkboy found in the special Venus Garden world. During the Demonbusters storyline, however, he took over for the Overseer in the aquariums while the latter was battling on the frontline. Is currently still there while the Overseer's fate is left uncertain.
- Ascended Extra
- Mr. Fanservice
- Unscaled Merfolk: Of the shark variety (which, incidentally, is Truth in Television, as sharks don't really have scales).
LoyalThe newest Gaia shopkeeper as of 2014. Runs Loyal's Bazaar.
- Ascended Extra: Started out as a character in the Cirque du Gothique and Carnivale de Gothique RI Gs before being given his own shop.
- Bare Your Midriff: Subverted: we don't see it because he is an invisible man.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Monsieur Loyal is the French name for a circus ringmaster, which he is.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Almost never makes an annoucement without a French stock phrase or two.
- Meaningful Name: Zig-zagged: he runs a shop for Gaians who loyally log in for 75 days straight, but he is the one who set that criteria and can change it anytime he sees fit.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She's a little weird.
- Eyepatch of Power: We don't really know but her running an anime-inspired shop would be invoking this.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She has one called "Puli".
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Admits "Murasaki" is just an alias.
- Split Personality: Half the time you'll see the Moe Shrinking Violet Murasaki, the other half she'll be a bit more... expressiveWhat do you mean I seem "nicer" sometimes?
- All There in the Manual: Their journal entries tell a lot of their storyline before they turned.
- No Name Given: None of the LabTechs, other than Rory (who died before this) and Gene, have names. They're only called by their number.
013Tried to escape after finding out some of G Corp's darker secrets, but was laid off by 247 as a security measure.
- Came Back Wrong: He came back as a zombie and infected one of his fellow labtechs,062.
- He Knows Too Much: Why he was laid off. He found out the true nature of G-CORP's experiments and couldn't continue in the company, so he tried to warn the other Gaians.
062Blackmailed Gambino for a better pension.
- Punch-Clock Villain: He's a pretty decent guy when he's not scheming.
- Retirony: He got zombified at his retirement party by 013.
101Not the brightest crayon in the box.
- Head Pet: Grunny, during the H2K4 event.
- Too Dumb to Live: Well, for one, he thought a grunny was a pet and, two, when he sees three of his fellow LabTechs unconscious, he thinks they're all sleeping and asks 247 if he can "nap", too. When things really started getting weird, he's not alarmed and, at the Halloween party, he tries to hug the zombified LabTechs.
123See zOMG! characters.
126Portrayed as relatively intelligent compared to some of his coworkers. Secretly married to 912.
- Happily Married: Presumably. The only problem seems to be the need to keep it secret in the workplace but they do engage in "cuddle time" a lot.
137Hardworking; eventually surpasses 247 in this trait. Tries to maintain a masculine image. Has a thing for 138.
- I Want to Be a Real Man
- Men Don't Cry: At one point, he mentions having hidden insecurities that make him "feel like a shy, helpless little girl".
138A kleptomaniac, possibly without knowing it. Has a crush on 137.
247Initially a workaholic whose first priority was loyalty to G Corp, but started breaking down when his memories began to return.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: He created the G-Virus under the pretense that it was going to be a serum to increase workplace productivity but, instead, it turned people into zombies.
- Identity Amnesia: Of a rather tragic variety. He was made to forget everything that concerned "laying off" 013, so he could continue working at the G-Corp
- My God, What Have I Done?: We also find out that he "laid off" 013 and he seemed genuinely upset about having to do it.
- Professor Guinea Pig
- Redemption Equals Death
722Gambling addict who became a human test subject (well, more so than the others) after losing a lot of Johnny K.'s money.
- The Gambling Addict: Why he became a human test subject, as his gambling cost Johnny K a lot of money (over 9,000G). His journal entry mentioned something about betting on lab rats in a maze (his rat won).
- Lost Himself In A Card Game: He ran out of money to pay his gambling debts, so he became a test subject.
- Sanity Slippage: His is the most obvious of the other labtechs, as by the end of his journal, he's praising G-Corp, while earlier, he thought about working somewhere else.
909Not too much stands out about him. He is often asleep on the job.
- Heavy Sleeper: Verging in to the Sleepyhead trope, as he's often asleep
- Must Have Caffeine: Not a particularly extreme example, but he does love his coffee.
912Works alongside her husband, 126. Said "work" consists mostly of cuddle time.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Her journal entries are in purple ink, probably to accentuate her somewhat girly nature.
957Harbors countless conspiracy theories about G Corp; many of them are proven right as the plot unfolds.
- All There in the Manual: Some of these you don't fight in the game but instead interact with them in the forums
- And I Must Scream: All of the ghosts were trapped in their graves for varying amounts of time, thanks to Omnidrink.
- Ghostly Goals: To some degree or another
- Jacob Marley Apparel: They appear in the clothes they either wore in life or died/buried in
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Some of the ghosts qualify for this, considering there's Bigfoot and an actual robot ghost.
- Noodle Incident: How some of them died (more specifically, Arturo, Tia/Tamara, Kruelty, Riverwisp, Ricky, and Jay) exactly, besides it having something to do with the Omnidrink (Edith), Death by Sex (Arturo), and in one case, being the result of the Murder the Hypotenuse trope (Kruelty). In the rest of them, this trope is averted.
Abelard XIIThe ghost of a mad king
- Ill Boy: He got sick with and lost his mind to syphilis.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: He used to be a kind and fair ruler before he contracted syphilis.
The Amazon Crusher
- Fatal Fireworks: Died from a fatal injury from a malfunctioning pyrotechnic prop.
- Third-Person Person: Talks like this.
- Chubby Chaser: Considering that he suffocated to death during "romantic entanglement", it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say he was either this or his partner had Gag Boobs.
- Death by Sex: Implied to be how he died as he suffocated to death during a "romantic entanglement"
- Expy: He's your typical man-on-the-romance-novel-cover.
- Gratuitous Italian
- The Alcoholic: He drank himself to death after being discovered (or, rather, confirmed) by scientists
- Man of Wealth and Taste: His dialogue suggests this
- Curiosity Is a Crapshoot: He was the first robot programmed to feel curiosity. We see how well that ended it.
- He Knows Too Much: He was shot to death while investigating the Gaia mafia
- The Unintelligible: He often writes in numbers, rather than readable text.
- Baby Talk: Talks in some form of this.
- Girlish Pigtails: Sports a set of these
- Verbal Tic: Think Gollum turned Up to Eleven: "That's so funnies, isn't it, dawggie-woggies? Why wouldsie we be scaredy of thatsies!?"
- Vague Age: It's not clear if she's a child, preteen, or a teenager
- Beware the Nice Ones: His difficulty rating is Hard.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: He wanted to be a ghost to playfully haunt the kids of the neighborhood. As we can see, he got his wish and, unlike most cases of the trope, he seems to be content.
- Cursed With Awesome: He isn't too worried about being unable to move on to the afterlife, since he's always wanted to be a ghost. Judging by the polls, users disagree.
- Death of a Child: He's the ghost of a child.
- Expy: Of Lucas, according to some.
- Name's the Same: In-Universe. Not to be confused with the other ghostly child.
- Parental Neglect: Somehow or another, his parents left in a car on a hot day, which lead to the obvious consequences
- Ambiguous Gender: Constance is referred to as "she," but she has a male (or androgynous) avatar. Perhaps she's an MTF...?
- Bee Afraid: How she died and her attacks involve this
- Bee Bee Gun: One of her attacks is to sic bees on you.
- Furry Reminder: Queen bees are very territorial and won't take kindly to anyone else trying to take over. As we see, Constance learned the hard way.
Danger DanA stunt performer who died in an accident.
- Companion Cube: Turns out the "Tallulah" he's looking for is a motorcycle he used in stunts. He's very happy to find 'her'.
- I Call It "Vera": His motorcycle is named "Tallulah"
DinkyA ghost of... something that spent his life running around mazes.
- Expy: Of the ghosts in Pac-Man, right down to the similar naming scheme.
- No Name Given: He was found a "John Doe" and nicknamed "Dinky" by the coroners.
- The Unintelligible: His posts comprise not of actual words, but of ASCII illustrations of Pac-Man.
Edith DrinkMichael's wife and groundskeeper at the cemetery. She died due to one of Omnidrink's products.
- Expy: Of Dahlia Hawthorne. And much like Dahlia, her wispy self appears sweet and gentle... until you confront her.◊ Brr...
- Happily Married: Her farewell forum implies that she and Micheal were this.
- The Lost Lenore: To Micheal. Her being this is why he wanted her to ascend
FlagranteA flamboyant musician.
- Captain Ersatz: Of Liberace.
- Killer Outfit: He died because a sequin from one of his suits broke off into his bloodstream, leading to sepsis.
- Punny Name: His name being the word "Flagrant" with an "e" on the end.
Happy Day:The ghost of a hippie.
- Canine Companion: His description says he had three: Jerry, Paco, and Jerry
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Dresses and acts something like this
- Too Dumb to Live: He died chasing a hacky-sack off of a cliff.
Jay BrooksThe pimply teen who used to work at Gaia Theaters before it was removed from the site.
Labtech RoryThe ghost of one of Gambino's labtechs and a coworker of the ones from 2004. Doesn't realize he's dead - in fact, he doesn't even believe in ghosts.
- Flat-Earth Atheist: Somewhat justified, having died weeks before the first known "fantasy" race (the 2004 zombies) appeared.
- For Science!: Unsurprisingly.
- Pet the Dog: When a "ghost hunter" pulled a gun on Chauncey, Rory stole the gun and chastised him for attempting to shoot a child.
- When someone made a joke comparing the members of his fanthread (with which he had interacted) to an Estrogen Brigade, he became indignant and asserted the respectability of the users in question. note
- Shown Their Work: The mod who "puppeted" the character had a very intensive knowledge of the old G Corp plot.
- Indeed, he crashed the Labtech X fanthread and contributed some interesting trivia.
- Too Dumb to Live: He died because he ate a piece of pure magnesium on a dare.
Megan McNultyA dentist who loves causing other people pain.
- Battleaxe Nurse: Well, she isn't a nurse but otherwise fits the trope.
- Companion Cube: Her tools.
- Depraved Dentist: Subverted in her farewell thread. Possibly Double Subverted, as she starts petting her pliers.
- Mad Eye: One of her eyes is colored in, the other one is blank
- Sadist:Enjoys causing pain
Michael J. DrinkFormerly a scientist at Omnidrink, he quit in disgust when he realized how cruel his father was. Now works as the gravedigger.
- The Atoner: He's dedicated his life to making up for the suffering he unwittingly inflicted on the ghosts.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When his wife, Edith, died as a result of the Omnidrink
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: All Michael ever wanted was his father's approval, until he realized just how much of a Corrupt Corporate Executive William was.
Michelle NguyenAn insufferable hipster who carries a guitar "ironically," as she doesn't even play.
- Boyish Short Hair: Her hair is a pixie cut
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Played with, in that she acts somewhat like this.
Nancy McCoughlinThe ghost of "an ace gunfighter with impeccable aim."
- American Accents: Speaks something a southern (not exactly Texan) accent
- Big Eater: She won an eating contest in life.
- Gunslinger: She looks and acts the part
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks: She was eaten by them.
- Gag Lips: Has the biggest ones compared to the rest of the cast
Old RustyA ghost who wanders around in chains dragging a ball. Is really fond of breaking mirrors for some reason. He used to work at a carnival in life.
- Meaninful Name: He's called "Old Rusty" because he walks around carrying rusty chains
PancakesThe ghost of a stack of pancakes.
- A Dog Named "Dog": He's the ghost of a stack of pancakes, named, "Pancakes"
- Reality Ensues: How he died, as he died due to being left out overnight (which tends to cause food to spoil)
Professor KrueltyThe ghost of a supervillain.
- Berserk Button: Anything that makes her think of "her" or "him," whoever they are.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: It's implied that this is how she died, though it's not clear if she attempted this or got it put on her.
- Noodle Incident: Besides that her death implied to be the result of the Murder the Hypotenuse trope, it's not really said how she died or who the "her" or "him" are that she refers to, along with the surrounding incident of her death
- Punny Name: Her surname, "Kruelty", which is "cruelty" with a "K".
Queen Riverwisp"Once a benevolent forest guardian, but now she serves as a twisted instrument to the ghostly cause."
Randy FolsomThe ghost of a guy who got mauled by a bear at a nightclub
- Bears Are Bad News: He was mauled by bears
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Underneath his gruff exterior
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Looks a lot like the police-hatted member of Village People.
Ricky the Dog-Faced Boy
Tia & Tamara
- Creepy Child: Along with being Creepy Twins
- Creepy Doll: What they drop when they're defeated
- Enfant Terrible: What they were in life
- Shout-Out: Their names come from the sitcom Sister, Sister and the starring actresses Tia and Tamara Mowry.
- Single-Minded Twins: To some extent, as they finish each other's sentences and you can't fight them separate.
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: Invokes This
Thucydides AmbrosiaA ghost that delights in insulting other people. Wears a pimp hat, bling, and grill.
- Jerkass: As noted with his description
- Killer Outfit: He died trying out an experimental hat which involved a live cobra.
- Pimp Duds: What he wears.
William F. DrinkFounder of Omnidrink; pretty much defines Corrupt Corporate Executive, and is responsible for the ghosts appearing.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Didn't care as to whether or not his company produced beverages with dangerous substances and that said substances lead to fatal results, along with being an asshole to his son
- Ignored Epiphany: Kind of. He's learned to value his son, but is still fairly corrupt.
- Ironic Hell: Not only was he trapped in his grave like the other ghosts, but he gets to be trapped while knowing that it's due to his own insensitivity.
- Improbable Weapon User: Mystically-empowered rings, just like everyone else in zOMG!.
- Knife Nut: Totes a machete. Dialogue from the Barton Guards suggests she does that even when she's not in the jungle, and uses it to harass them.
- Weaksauce Weakness: The reason she's not a pirate? She gets seasick.
- April Fools' Day: Captain Cresento appeared on April Fools' Day 09 in zOMG!, where he offered to take your character to a new area. The joke was that zOMG! would 'crash' just before the new area loaded.
- Cool Airship: He owns one.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Dark-skinned and silver-haired.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Cresento agrees to help Don Kuro due to him threatening to kill his mother.
- Halloween Cosplay: As Eridan Ampora in 2011 and Loki for 2012 .
- Hereditary Curse: Averted. despite being the 3rd cousin-once-removed of Don Kuro and a member of the Kuro Clan, his distance from them and half-human lineage means the curse has no effect on him.
- Jerkass: He's got an ego the size of Manhattan Island, easily. When he crashed his airship into the Overseer's makeshift airtubship, one of his remarks was, "I hope you have insurance, Overseer. I think your garbage pile scratched my airship."
- Nice Hat
- Our Elves Are Different: Blink and you miss it: when informed that Cresento and Nicolae have been assigned to the same task as he, Zhivago refers to them as a human and an elf. Nicolae's pretty clearly human, so that makes Cresento the elf.
- Specifically, he's half-elf, half-human
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Smug Snake
- Spell My Name with an "S": The page says 'Crescento', but the doll says 'Cresento'. Which is it?
- According to Lanzer, "Cresento". Not that people will ever stop being confused.
- Spock Speak: Cresento speaks this way...well, according to his forum posts in the zOMG! forum.
- White Hair, Black Heart
- The Dragon: Not outright stated, but heavily implied.
- For Science!
- Hollywood Nerd
- Killer Rabbit
- Mad Scientist: It's implied that he's Labtech 123.
- Meganekko: A male example, at first. He show his true nature later on...
- Obfuscating Stupidity
- Retcon: The opening sequence with him in the train was removed, along with most of the tutorials.
- Walking Spoiler
GustavA lumberjack you meet in Bass'Ken
- Canada, Eh?: Apparently, accent-wise, he's supposed to be French Canuck (Read here)
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: His dialogue has pepperings of French
- I Call It "Vera": His axe, "Cherie"
JacquesThe lighthousekeeper at Gold Beach
- Canine Companion: Is seen alongside his dog.
- Noodle People: So far, he looks like he's the tallest and skinniest NPC as far as avatars go
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: Though, in his case, they're implied to be goggles, however, it doesn't stop him looking weird in them.
KatsumiA Miko that resides in the Zen Gardens
- Affectionate Nickname: "Kats"
- Hime Cut: What her hair is styled as
- Miko: What she is. She manages the shrine that the Zen Gardens Null crystal is in.
- Parental Abandonment: According to her dialogue for a quest, her parents have died and she was raised by her uncle, Kin.
- Tragic Keepsake: Before her parents died and before it became "animated", she was given a kokeshi doll.
The MaestroOwner of the ingame Music Box
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": He's just known as the "Maestro" and nothing else
NewBeaA barefoot NPC that you meet in Barton Town
- Does Not Like Shoes: She's barefoot
- Meaningful Name: She's meant to be parody of a Gaian, complete with "noobish" clothes and her begging for gold.
- Punny Name: Of "newbie"
- Skirt over Slacks: She wears a berry colored skirt over her leggings
- Bribing Your Way to Victory
- Chekhov's Skill: His interest in alchemy, introduced to justify his Item Crafting service in zOMG!, comes back in the Bad Guy Side Story, where he starts trying to convince Cresento to let him run a shop out of the airship.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appeared in the Olympics '08 comics and in the Halloween '08 comics before being introduced as the shopkeeper for zOMG! power-ups.
- Gold Sink: The Alchemy shop is pretty unrepentantly one, and also focuses a lot on recycling old RIG dummy prizes.
- Halloween Cosplay: As Alex from A Clockwork Orange in 2010. Decked out as Captain Jack Harkness for 2013.
- HeelFace Revolving Door
- Hidden Depths: He's made it clear in the comics that he's not happy with the idea of killing Gino.
- Honest John's Dealership
- Item Crafting: For a nominal fee, he'll create wearable items from your zOMG! loot.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Maybe.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Only Friend: Claims to be this for CresentoDon't mind Cresento. He hates me too, and I'm pretty sure I'm his only friend.
- Pretty Boy
- Smug Snake
- Snake Oil Salesman
- Too Kinky to Torture: Natasha threatens him with piercings in delicate places. Nicolae's reply? Ask if Louie can play, too.
- The Dreaded: Her cooking.
- Granny Classic: Acts and looks this trope
- Lethal Chef: Let's just say "don't eat the cookies" and leave it at that. The fact that Leon eats her cooking is a testament to his invulnerability.
- Nice Girl: She has a very sweet disposition, which can be seen when you interact with her, however, don't eat the cookies.
- Never Mess with Granny: She eats and enjoys her own cooking.
- Pink Is Feminine: Her entire outfit is pink.
PurvisA chubby boy with a crush on farmhand Rubella
- Fat Idiot: He's not too bright if his example of poetry is a clue.
- Fish Eyes: According to his sprite, he has these, giving him somewhat of a spaced out look.
Rancher BillA farm who grows garlic on the side to keep away vampires and Purvis' father.
RubellaA friend of Katsumi's and an farmhand that Purvis has a crush on
- Girlish Pigtails: She dons a set of braids.
- Women Are Wiser: Maybe not so much wiser as she is smarter than Purvis.
Rin and Lin
- Ambiguously Human: They appear to fully human, however, they have bird feet (and, from what their avatars imply, torsos, too)
- Double Speak: What they speak in, though it's mostly Rin that does this
- The Empath: Lin, according to Rin.
- Seers: Both of them but this mostly falls on Lin, however, her foresight is mostly limited to may happen, not what will happen.
- Mayincatec: What their design draws from.
- The Quiet One: According to Blaze, they reveal themselves more so than when they speak.
AnniedroidAn odd girl with pigtails who thinks she's a robot
- Blinding Bangs: Most of her face is covered by her hair.
- Cloudcuckoolander: She's one of the weirder NPCs
- Punny Name: A combo of "Annie" and "android"
Aqautic PeteAn NPC that doesn't exist anymore but used to be found in Barton
- Non-Standard Character Design: Not exactly "Nonstandard", just that he stands out more in comparison to other NPCs in the area he used to be found in.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has greenish hair
Beat BoxAn NPC found near the Music Box in Barton
- Meaningful Name: His dialogue is just him beatboxing.
The AnimatedA class of beings that came to life after being infused with G'hi energy
- Action Bomb: The Cherry Fluffs, as, if you attack them, they blow up. They're a lot more trouble if you attack a group of them.
- Animate Inanimate Object: What they are. Some sort of event with G'hi energy brought them to life.
- American Accents: The Papa, Mama, and Sister saws speak with something of a Southern inflection.
- Creepy Doll: Katsumi's kokeshi doll, though, this is downplayed but her pale, almost ghostly appearance really stands out among the red and golden ones.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience:
- The Kokeshi dolls. Kat's Kokeshi Doll is colored black and white, regular Kokeshi dolls are red, and Collectible/Nexus dolls are gold
- Ghost Lantern Nexuses are red, unlike the usual blue.
- Water spouts are more a downplayed example, as the Sea Witch Protector looks like a normal water spout but she's lighter in color. Queen Lorelei would a straighter example as her face and upper bust are purple.
- Combat Hand Fan: What the Kokeshi dolls use. See, "Paper Fan of Doom" below.
- Family Theme Naming: Three sea spouts (Thelchtereia, Raidne, and Aglaope) are named after the sirens in Greek Mythology, while Lorelei is named after a nixe.
- Hitodama Light: What the ghost lanterns appear as before attacking 
- The High Queen: Queen Lorelei
- Kill All Humans: Well, it's actually "Kill All Naturals" but the point still stands.
- Killer Rabbit: Many of the Animated don't look threatening
- Mama Bear: The Mama SawDialogue (when she spawns): "My babies! I'm coming, little cutters!"
- Mayincatec: Some of the monsters encountered in the Otami Ruins/Cliffs invokes this, ie. the Mask of Death and Rebirth and the Feathered Coatl (which is more overt)
- Noodle Incident: Exactly what lead to them being infused with G'hi energy isn't known but the intro/trailer for the game seems to imply it was meteor strike or something like a sudden burst of energy.
- Off with His Head!: When the kokeshi dolls are defeated, their heads fall off.
- One-Gender Race: The kokeshi dolls, lawn gnomes, and the water spouts are two of the more obvious examples. It's unclear if the Outlaw Wolf is an example, however.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: The water spouts are Animated made of water. However, while, they don't look like the usual portrayals of mermaids, they are weak without water and can't be fought too far away from water, either (though, getting them far enough away does help your chances in defeating them).
- Paper Fan of Doom: The kokeshi dolls wield these that about twice their size. However, in their case, this is more literal, as the item description implies that there's a blade on those fans
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: The Mama (and Sister) saws wear bows, are pale colored, and have their rotating parts of their saws decorated to look like petals (see here)
- Tragic Keepsake: According to Katsumi's dialogue for a quest, the kokeshi doll was given to her by her passed-on parents
- Tuckerization:Doubling as Meaningful Name, Gilroy is named after a town in California, which is known for most of everything garlic.
- Yōkai: Apparently, they're based off of the Tsukumogami yokai, however, this is more obvious with the ghost lanterns
Non-AnimatedOther enemies you can fight in zOMG! that aren't the Animated
Predator Prairie PupsConfused aliens that have landed on Earth to escape the Hive Aliens. Also known as "P3s"
- Cyborg: What they appear to be, considering that they explode after being defeated.
- Informed Species: They look more like badgers, instead of prairie dogs
- Noodle Incident: Why and how their planet was invaded by the Hive Aliens
- Shout-Out: To the Predators
Hive AliensAliens that invaded the P3's planet
- Action Bomb: Like the Cherry fluffs from the Zen Gardens, the deathroaches will explode. Like those fluffs, they tend to crowd in numbers if there are more them.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The shockroaches are pinkish peach, the landstriders are neon green and black, the walker is tan, lightning bug is red and pink, and the deathroaches are a yellow and burnt red.
- Face Hugger: The shockroaches, though, this isn't seen in-game but it's there as an item for your avatar.
- Hive Mind: Implied, if their attacks are indication
- The Medic: The Lightning bug is this the aliens
- Noodle Incident: It's not known why (or how) they took over the P3's planet.
- Punny Name: The shockroaches
- Shout-Out: To the Aliens
- Sickly Green Glow: The Landstrider
LandsharkA shark-type creature that spawns during random events
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks: Even though there aren't any quests related to this monster, it has a boss level and, to add insult to injury, unless you have the enemy filter turned on, you can't tell when and where it will attack.
G-CreaturesAnimals (besides grunnies) that were infected with the G-Virus
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The Grunny Commander Subs are tinted blue instead of green and the "Alpha Grams" (or "The Mumbler")have grayish fur
- Dummied Out: Later versions of the zOMG! no longer include the Mumbler or the Gooey Gramster, however, their designs were later reused for the (regular) Gramsters and the Alpha Grams. They still drop gramster goo if you kill enough of them.
- Killer Rabbit: The gramsters are a rather subverted example, as they aren't really dangerous and can be beat pretty quickly. However, this would be played straight with the Grunny Subs
- Noodle Incident: It's not said how the Gruckens and the Gramsters became infected with the G-Virus. Similarly, its not said how the Gramsters got to live in the sewers, however, we can assume they got flushed down there (like the Animated, Prelungers).
- One-Gender Race: The gruckens tend to spawn as hens, with one rare event including roosters
- Portmanteau: Their name is a combo of "G-Virus" and whatever animal they so happen to be.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: They have red eyes.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: They have green fur/feathers, though an exception of this would be the "Alpha Grams" (or "The Mumbler", in older versions of the game) whose fur is more grayish.
Cindy DonovinhAnchorwoman for Action 9 News.
LoganRuns the bait shop by Bass'ken Lake. Was involved with Agatha at some point.
- Cool Old Guy
- Expy: Of Wolverine, looks wise, anyway
- Day in the Limelight: The Poseidon's Legacy RIG.
- Item Crafting: Turns your caught fish into funny hats.
- Boldly Coming: In the "Whatever Happened to Ron Bruise?" 4koma, he's making movies for the Zurg. One involves a bed scene with a fuzzy purple lipstick-wearing creature, who looks quite satisfied.
- Church of Happyology: He's a part of a parody of this.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Ron's heart-print boxers.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Apparently, he's supposed to be a parody of Tom Cruise
IvanRepresents the Gaian Revenue Service and collects taxes.
- Ascended Extra: Proved quite popular as a RIG character, came back for the SOS event and then joined the manga cast properly in the Promageddon event.
- Ship Sinking: Ivan was revealed to be Meredith's cousin, and visibly squicked at the thought of a romantic relationship with her.
BrennivinOwner of Dernier*Cri, who gave up being a wizard for fashion. Is also the presumed owner of the Dark Reflection, as he appeared as the "Mysterious Man" in the RIG's Game Over scenario.
- Always Camp: The fact that he's so fashion-obsessed, coupled with his attractiveness, has led way too many people to believe that he's gay or metrosexual.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: A more downplayed, example
- Early-Bird Cameo: See above. Oddly, the SDPlus dolls of him released in the Dark Reflection showed him in his current appearance well before it was revealed to the public, possibly invoking this trope even more.
- Expy: Basically Christian Siriano in cartoon form.
- Which is hilarious, since the real Christian Siriano showed up in Ian's shop at one point to advertise.
- Fantasy-Forbidding Father: He had one, who didn't much care for his pursuits of fashion and neither did he care for Halloween, turning Brennivin into a set of silverware when he tried to trick-or-treat
- Funny Foreigner
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: He switches between English, Norse and German a lot. Of course, that's because he speaks a very different language.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: At one point he mentions that his father didn't approve of Halloween and once turned him into a set of silverware for trying to trick-or-treat.
- Halloween Cosplay: As Andy Warhol, something a majority of the users didn't get at first glance.
- Multicolored Hair: Black and red.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Rarely, if ever, does anything 'wizardy'. The last spell he cast was to find Gino, but ended up getting an email of his location first.
- Possibly justified, since he did give up wizardry to pursue his passion for fashion. Aside from the spells needed to create new stock, it makes sense for him to be out-of-touch.
- You No Take Candle: He's not well-versed in English, though he's slightly more eloquent in it than most examples (as can be read here)
- Shopkeeper: Of the biggest dMoneySink on the site, no less. Nearly everything in the shop has a cost in the millions, but is extremely elaborate and often has hidden features or poses.
KanokoFirst introduced in the Midsummer Swirl RIG, Kanoko is an exchange student who just has no luck with keeping a job. Is currently employed as the shopkeeper of Rococo, but we'll see how long that lasts.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: The plot of the Dark Reflection kickstarts with her tripping into it, after all.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Like Brennivin, she and Radio Jack were designed for the luxury item shop, but introduced through RIGs. Not a lot of people realize this because of how much earlier Kanoko and Jack were introduced.
- Halloween Cosplay: For H2K9, she was all dolled up as fellow NPC Hatsya. Something of a Mythology Gag, considering the two characters were both created by the same artist (Ethe). In 2010, she dressed up as Hermione Granger. In 2012, she's dressed as Homura.
- Lethal Chef: Possibly, but since it's only Rina's cooking that gets tasted out of both their efforts, we can't say for sure.
- New Job as the Plot Demands: Something of a Running Gag with her — so far, she's been an ice cream vendor (fired by Ivan for forgetting to charge tax on her sales,) a star Mascot for a planetarium, and, as mentioned, Brennivin's assistant. It got so bad that she even tried to apply for a place in the Halloween event while she was still employed.
Radio JackAlso introduced in the Midsummer Swirl, as an "avid proponent of summertime evil". However, that "evil" really only extends to being a snarky little critter. Is speculated to either be owned by (or even created by) Brennivin.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Early-Bird Cameo: Like Brennivin, he and Kanoko were designed for the luxury item shop but introduced through RIGs. Not a lot of people realize this because of how much earlier they were introduced.
- Halloween Cosplay: Radio Jack Sparrow, anyone? He also did Easter cosplay as a Grunny in 2010. And when Halloween came around that year, he went as Pikachu.
- In 2011 he was QB and even said "Contract?" as a quote!
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Some sort of rabbity-bat-thing. Some have speculated that he may or may not be a cabbit, just more demonic-ish.
- Non-Human Sidekick: To Brennivin and Kanako
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: To some. His nephew Waidio, from the Luna's Incense RIG, is even cuter.
- Shout-Out: Probably subtle but his name is a reference to the chain of stores "Radio Shack"
- Tuckerization: Named after one of the developer's guinea pigs.
DiedrichA talkative little grunny who spoke with Radio Jack. He also owns a sextent and can guide an airship.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Even by grunny standards, as, apparently, from what can be inferred, grunnies don't really reproduce asexually but he does, after he gets fat. And he makes a lot of them.
- Born Lucky: Or at least, he's extremely lucky in the '10 Summer Event, having the highest starting loot and Luck Stat.
- Though one of his events reveals that grunny's feet are actually unlucky...
- Covert Pervert: This has to be the reason why he's the one giving out items related to Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt."Did you know only 1 in 1200 Gaians wears underwear? I'm the expert. Since I'm short."
- Cute Little Fangs: These are more clear when he opens his mouth.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Lanzer's cat eventually ate him.
- Explosive Breeder / Truly Single Parent: Began asexually reproducing for the Easter 2012 event.
- Little Known Facts: This is his entire shtick. He repeats "Did you know" trivia to anyone within earshot, followed by "It's true!"
- Meaningful Name: Possibly inverted. The timing of his appearance and the fact that his name can be separated into "died rich" led to many theories regarding some connection with Gambino. There's no other evidence for any of it.
- The epilogue of the Airship Saga revealed he was a failed prototype Grunny that ingested the cremated ashes of Gambino, transforming him into the fact spouting Diedrich. Edmund suspects he might be the reincarnation of Gambino, but couldn't get any confirmation out of Diedrich himself.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: He's got no problems with talking about horrible accidents, in a cheerful disposition no less
- Talking Animal: Like Rufus and Radio Jack.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: During the Easter 2011 update, he gets bombed by the Easter Bunny, only to reveal that "Grunnies are very hardy!" Then, he tearfully adds, "Maybe it is impossible to die..."
Bruce HardcastleA sports announcer introduced during the Rejected Olympics of '09. Choked on a potato and died before Halloween; brought back to life during Halloween by Jack, and re-killed afterward when Jack crammed a potato down his throat. Currently roaming around as an angry ghost.
- Back from the Dead: Twice; The Sentinel brought him back to life after he choked on a potato then Jack re-killed him after the 2k9 Halloween event; now he's come back as a ghost for the 2k10 event.
- Death as Comedy: His death from choking on the potato.
- Ghostly Goals: Type B.
- Jacob Marley Apparel: He's wearing the same thing he wore when he choked on a potato.
GrunniesGreen rabbits that used to be regular lab rabbits until they were infected with the G-Virus.
- Back from the Dead: The first grunny died during Lab Tech 247's experiment and, instead of being incinerated, it was given to Labtech 062, who gave it injection that revived it. It turns out that bunny was not quite dead.
- Furry Reminder: Virus-infected rabbits they may be, they're still rabbits and, according to a pose for their item, they pee on people when mad (something that pet rabbits sometimes do).
- Head Pet: In item form, the Kindred grunnies can be equipped to your avatar's head.
- Killer Rabbit: Rather literally. The trailer/intro for zOMG! has them going right for the throat of some of their victims. Despite this, according to what happened after the 2004 Halloween event, some Gaians decided to keep them as pets.
- Portmanteau: Their name is a combo of "G-Virus" and "bunny", also "green" and "bunny"
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: They have red eyes and, if trailer for zOMG! and the 2004 Halloween event are something to go by, are very aggressive.
- Shout-Out: One of the grunny items is essentially Pikachu.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: They have green fur. One variant is the "prunny" which has purple fur.
- Zombie Infectee: They spread the G-Virus, which turns people into zombies (as displayed in the 2k4 Halloween Event). How they do this isn't really nice to look at nor think about.