Give us a kiss!
The Face Hugger, as the name implies, is a creature that preys on other species, usually humans, by attaching itself to their face. What it does to you from there depends on the creature and how it operates. Some take over your body or mind in some fashion
. Some drain you of blood or Life Energy
. Some eat your brains
. Some transform you in horrific fashion
. And some will give you a Face Full of Alien Wing-Wong
In pretty much every case, this is Nightmare Fuel owing to our Primal Fear of Orifice Invasion. See also Personal Space Invader.
- The mind-control starfish of Starro the Conqueror in The DCU.
- The Face Sucker in Munchkin.
- Facebiter squigs in Warhammer 40,000 bite... faces. The orks naturally find this hilarious, and often get in contests to see which will bite the other's face off first. The actual Xenomorph stand-ins use an ovipositor to perform the Orifice Ivasion instead.
- The Tyranids have a variant species of Ripper called a Cortex Leech. They leap onto a person's face then use a variety of pointed tendrils to penetrate the mouths, eyes, nose, ears, or any other available orifice and drive them into the brain, where they can then hijack the motor functions and turn them into drooling thralls to the Hive Mind.
- Metroids, although more often than not they latch onto the whole head.
- Headcrabs from the Half-Life saga.
- Brainsuckers from X-COM: Apocalypse, which are used as ammunition by certain aliens in addition to appearing on their own. Replacing a person's brain is their entire purpose; They don't even have a digestive system.
- The Protozoid Slimers from Duke Nukem 3D.
- The Lifters and Diamond Claws from the Descent series behave similarly. While most of the other robots shoot at you, these enemies ram into your ship and inflict damage with their reinforced claws.
- The E-Bandits use a similar point-blank attack, only they drain your ship's energy instead of your shields.
- Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy: The Aura Beasts come of nowhere and wrap around Nick's face. Oh, and the only way to see them coming is using the psi draining Aura Vision.
- Space Quest