When large lips are used in a humorous manner and/or used to mock European civilisation's obsession with plump pouters.
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- My Love Story!!: Takeo has exaggeratedly thick lips, and they're part of the reason why he's considered a Gonk by most girls. But Yamato and Ai find them sexy.
- Naruto and company suspect that Kakashi might have this; their Imagine Spot gives us the page image.
- Jynx and Smoochum from Pokémon qualify. Some of their powers are centered on their lips, such as their attacks that involve kissing, and the Pokédex describes Smoochum as exploring the world using their sensitive lips.
- Hildagaard Rail in the story Sky Highway from the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic book series, #30. She was a mutated German woman who had lips so big they took up most of the space on her face, going practically from ear to ear and forehead to chin. Otherwise, she was very well endowed, had long legs and an hourglass figure. When Raphael attempted to leave Hilda she grabbed him by the tales of his bandana and gave him a giant kiss goodbye against his wishes. The lipstick mark she left on his face covered his entire beak.
- In one Zits strip, Jeremy's lips swell up after he is stung by a bee while riding his bike. Cue the girls cursing how lucky he is and wondering whether they should take up beekeeping.
- Gremlins 2: The New Batch: The female gremlin has ridiculously large lips.
- The First Wives Club: Goldie Hawn's character gets an overdone collagen injection.
- Lena Hyena from Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Her full red colored lips have proven to be quite strong at times. When Eddie slams the door as Lena rushes over to give him a kiss, her puckered lips impale the door. Also, after catching him, Lena finally gives Eddie a big kiss on the cheek. The recoil from this kiss is strong enough to send Eddie flying several yards down the street.
- In Le Cur a ses Raisons, super-botoxed Crystale Bouvier-Montgomery sports (among other) some impressive surgically-enhanced Gag Lips. At one point, she had them inflated even more, but they rapidly exploded at the end of the episode.
- Just Shoot Me!: Nina is invited to a talk show to talk about lipstick, but before she goes on, her peanut allergies act up after she eats some candy at the green room, giving her puffed-up lips and Elmuh Fudd Syndwome.
- There is a Russian series called "Odna za Vseh", meaning roughly "one woman who does everyone's job". Each episode consists of a string of short sketches, where the same actress plays a dozen vastly different roles. One of these is that of a millionaire's wife. Both she and her best friend have lips that look like they should be able to deflate them for storage.
- On Nick Arcade, landing on an enemy space in the Cape Cosmos board would result in Mikey being approached by the Smooch Aliens, a pair of round aliens with pigtails, cyclopic eyes, and big, red lips, who would give him slurpy kisses.
- The Rolling Stones' logo (complete with gag tongue).
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Sandy has to battle her way through Karate Island in order to save SpongeBob. One of the mini-bosses, called Lip Service, she has to fight uses her lips as weapons. Sandy defeats her by drying her lips with a hair dryer until they are get cracked and fall off her face.
- Gorgeous Gal in the Woody Woodpecker cartoon A Fine Feathered Frenzy. Since she is a bird there is a lipstick outline around her beak that can be viewed during a close-up. When she puckers up her lips are like a human's lips for comedic effect. At one point Gorgeous Gal appears in a bath and playfully blows bubbles at Woody and her lips are about the size of his face. Another time she rushes to kiss him with the full force of her lips and misses, kissing the wall. The lipstick mark she leaves on the wall is almost the size of Woody's entire body. Soon after that, she spots him while she is on a couch wearing a red low cut red dress, says "Hi baby," closes her eyes and gives him a giant sized duck face inviting him to kiss her. Woody doesn't smooch her enormous puckered lips and runs. Whenever Gorgeous Gal does manage to kiss Woody her lips are shown to be much bigger than the Woodpecker's as well.
- In the Captain N: The Game Master episode entitled I Wish I Was a Wombatman a beautiful director's assistant who looked like a short pink octopus version of Dolly Parton had the hots for Simon Belmont. When she hugged him with four tentacles around his neck and arms she gave him a wink and extended her giant red lips in front of his for smooching. Simon didn't reciprocate. Eventually, the busomy babe chased after the object of her heart's desire offering to do his make-up. However, the only make-up she was interested in applying to his face was her lipstick during a make-out session.
- Johnny Test is told to test out his sisters' Lip Lozenge, designed to give fuller, kissable lips. It works too well.
- An attempt to stop a Zombie Apocalypse in one episode of Adventure Time instead created a formula that inflated the zombies' lips.
- In an episode of the television spinoff of Hercules, Pain and Panic are sent to stop Icarus from kissing Cassandra (because that would violate her deal with Hades). One thing they try is to give him ridiculously large lips in an attempt to embarrass him out of kissing her. Instead, it just primes him up all the more.
- Ed Eddn Eddy: This happens to Kanker Sisters whenever they're about to savagely kiss the Eds against their will, which leaving the boy's faces leaving them covered in kiss marks at the end of the episode.
- How the Kankers get their lips to grow varies from episode to episode. Sometimes they are seen putting on lipstick to make their lips fuller before they kiss the Eds. However, most of the time, they only have to pucker to make their giant red lips appear.
- Teen Titans: In one episode, Robin is forced to take a villain's bratty teenage daughter to her prom, or else the villain would let his swarm of mutant moths overrun the city. During the evening, the girl attempts to kiss Robin, who now tells her his teammates captured her father and stopped his plan. The girl reveals she has the device that will release the moths. Believing that he now has no other choice but to let her kiss him, the girl begins to pucker up, causing her lips to become fuller and red. In the next shot, the girl's lips, as well as her face, becomes even more toony and gag-looking. Thankfully, Robin blocks the kiss with his finger, causing her lips to revert back to normal.
- Uncle Grandpa once helped a girl get bigger lips so her "duckface" selfies can get more likes. Eventually, her lips are so big she gets mistaken for a duck and ducks start following her around.
- A Running Gag in The Fairly Oddparents episode "The Big Fairy Share Scare!" involves Timmy, Chloe and their fairies taking "duck lips" selfies. Soon, Cosmo starts poofing actual duck bills on them.
- Oblina from Aaahh!!! Real Monsters is a monster with giant lips. In the episode, "The Lips Have It", Oblina loses her lips and a girl named Lucy finds them and uses them to become a supermodel.
- In The Simpsons, after she takes a taxi back home from a horrible evening with her ex-boyfriend Artie, she instructs the driver to send the bill to Baron von Kiss-a-lot. Cut to a castle somewhere in Europe where a big-lipped baron gets the bill.
Baron Von Kiss-a-lot: Okay, who's the wise guy?