Funny moments from DBZ Abridged. WARNING: You might be here a while.
- The *POP* sound that accompanies each time Goku uses the Instant Transmission technique.
- Nappa's year-long Are We There Yet?, which at first seems to come to a rather anticlimactic end ("Yay!") only to be brought back in a wonderfully unexpected way: "Is he here yet?"
- They turned Recoome into a pastiche of pro wrestlers, most prominently The Rock, in one ball of wrestling hilarity. And apparently, as episode 20 shows, Goku is Hulk Hogan.
- And then there's this:Gohan: I swear, I don't even know what's going on anymore.
- Guru has two words for everyone.Guru: Drop it!
- In their trailer for Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, they pose the question of whether or not they will abridge it. No. No they won't. After citing the many characters that the abridged series hasn't gotten anywhere near (the entire Buu saga), they add that Toei would probably kill them.
- However, maybe they can do the Hatchiyack special.
- "Hey Vegeta, Happy Freeza Day". Nappa and Vegeta get together for old times sake to bring Freeza Day to the survivors of the bug planet. There's also Nappa convincing Vegeta to celebrate Freeza Day with him... by calling him at 3 AM.
- Set most any episode on YouTube to subtitles of the language "English (Canada)". There, you get lots of jokes and funny stuff. Such as what Vegeta really said in his Hurricane of Euphemisms in the Stinger for Episode 19.
- Frequently, the attributions for quotes will change the names of characters to insults just made of the characters.
- Goku and Vegeta contribute to the "feral hogs" meme.
- Let's be real, the very fact that these exist is incredibly hilarious.
- Cell Vs. Yusuke Urameshi Yusuke and Kuwabara drop in to challenge Cell... until he asks which one of them can vaporize an entire planet with their weapons. They wisely pack up and leave.Yusuke: (muttering) Pompous green asshole, I'll show you what my middle finger can do...
- And after:Cell: (smirking) They're going to have to take the bus home. Because they're kids.
- And after:
- Cell Vs. Yami Yugi has the King of Games challenge Cell... and end up cutting the wind out of Cell's sails when Yugi's boasts end up building up to a card game. Cell actually thinks he's getting Punk'd!Cell: Which one is it - Ashton or Jamie?! Oh, please don't let it be Bam Margera...!
- Cell's actually napping when Yami arrives.
- When Cell realizes that Yami Yugi's challenging him to a children's card game, he almost immediately agrees to play and tries to learn the rules despite the Cell Games being a martial arts tournament.Yami: I'm trying to duel you! ...In "Duel Monsters"?
Cell: "Duel Monsters"?
Yami: It's a children's card game! Ancient Egyptians loved it!
Cell: (cheerfully) F*ck, I'm down! How do we play?
- Yami Yugi legitimately thought it was a Duel Monsters tournament and is sincerely confused that Cell doesn't have a deck of cards to duel him with.Yami: Where's your deck?
Cell: My d-d-d-d-d-deck?
- Cell applies a heaping dose of Reality Ensues on Yami Yugi by being a Rules Lawyer in actually dueling Yugi, citing real life Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game tournament rules that prevent him from playing all his overpowered cards like "Pot of Greed" and any of the God Cards. note Then he starts pointing out their choice of venue when Yugi objects. Yugi gets fed up and leaves.
- It becomes Hilarious in Hindsight in February 2018 when 2 of the cards Cell mentioned as being banned were unbanned. (Monster Reborn was brought back to 1 and Brain Control was moved off the list entirely)
- Cell Vs. Ryu and Ken shows Ryu and Ken picking a fight with Cell in a short guest animated by DasBoSchitt of The Gmod Idiot Box fame.
- To reiterate the guest animation aspect, the video opens to Cell examining his now three-dimensional hands.Cell: Hmm? I feel different.
- Ryu being the Comically Serious.
- Ken fights Cell. This goes as well as you'd expect.
- The interface that appears during so names Cell Mr. P. Cell while Ken's named Weirdface Ken.
- Ken's Super gets parried (with [TECH BONUS] notifications popping up in the subtitles). The subtitles refer to it as the inverse of EVO Moment #37 (Moment 1/37)
- Ryu tapping into the Satsui No Hado is normally a serious matter, until we see it from Cell's view and without the dramatic music or aura, where it just looks like Ryu is squatting and twitching awkwardly.Cell: ...Have you tried praying it away?
- Evil Ryu attacks Cell, causing the screen to go black with impact flashes all over. The next shot is Evil Ryu on the ground unconscious.Cell: WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!
- Cell's reaction to the whole thing is hilarious since that means that he countered the Raging Demon accidentally.
- Ken drops down in a cloud of dust as the announcer declares Perfect Cell the winner, with a perfect no less.
- To reiterate the guest animation aspect, the video opens to Cell examining his now three-dimensional hands.
- In Cell Vs. Sonic & Knuckles, the Blue Blur and Rad Red speed into the arena to take on Cell, again animated by DasBoSchitt.
- The video begins with Cell humming "Escape from the City" to himself before the challengers arrive.
- Cell defeats Sonic's speed with copious use of the Multi Form Technique and Instant Transmission, making it look like he's fast enough to even sell chili dogs while fighting people.
- After Cell demonstrates his power by spiking Knuckles into the ground (and in an obvious turn of events), Sonic has little other choice but to use the Chaos Emeralds to go Super... only to end up pulling out nothing.Cell: (chuckles) You mean the Chaos Emeralds? (the Emeralds begin to rotate around him, set to Sonic CD's USA Boss music)
- When Sonic tries to summon the Chaos Emeralds, there's a very faint Legend of Zelda "item acquisition" jingle that peters out when nothing happens.
- Even funnier (or scarier) with the knowledge that Cell later transforms into Super Perfect Cell...
- But what makes this especially Hilarious in Hindsight is this post from the official Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter that stated they didn't want to participate because they didn't want to make Cell jealous of their "Super Sonic Swagger". Turns out Sonic didn't even get the chance to show off his swagger in the first place!
- With that, Sonic realizes just how out of his league he is and bolts, leaving Knuckles behind.Knuckles: Wait, hold on! You're my ride! Aw, man! (looks up at the Cells and laughs nervously) Sorry, I'm, uh... not as... fast as him. Uh, hang on. (jumps, then glides before sliding along the ground; repeat until he finally leaves) I really... UGH!... wish I could do more than glide...
- The ending? The start of the infamous Sonic Says PSA regarding sexual harassment. After he casually throws away the Chaos Emeralds.
- Cell Vs. Kenshiro has the master of Hokuto Shinken briefly battle Perfect Cell.
- Cell lampshades how Kenshiro is "a man of few words", only to get cut off in the middle of his sentence.
- Kenshiro's shirt tears off when he flexes, but after Cell explodes the first time, it's magically back on.Cell: [watching his shirt rip off] Okay, but why though?
- Kenshiro manages to use his signature "Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken" attack on Cell, making Cell explode... only to quickly regenerate himself to express his pain.Cell: ARGH! CHRIST! Did anyone ever tell you you're already an asshole?!
- It turns out that Kenshiro isn't interested in stopping Cell's plans, but rather, he just wanted to eat Cell's "bug meat".
- This observation from the YouTube comments:Fun observation: in his past fights, Cell's opponents attempted to win using showy displays of sheer force (Final Flash, Spirit Gun, a children's card game, etc.). While possibly the weakest opponent so far, Kenshiro inflicts actual damage-and pain-by attacking when Cell's guard is down and striking pressure points for maximum effect. In short, Ken proves the most effective fighter in a martial arts anime because he fights like an actual freaking martial artist.
- There is also Ken's Funny Bruce Lee Noises that end with what the subtitles onomatopoetically expresses as 'Awa-wa-wa-wa-wa' when he finishes his attack.
- When Cell first explodes, Kenshiro (with his torn clothes regenerated) gets sprayed by all his gore, but is clean in the next shot... only to be sprayed by more gore when Cell explodes again.
- This particular short has generated the fan theory that, if these shorts are canon, then it's Kenshiro's fault that Goku can't defeat Cell. note
- Thus far, Kenshiro, without any magical powers, super modes, ancient artifacts, or demonic energies, is the only person in the Cell Vs. series to defeat Cell. Hell, he's the only one that's made him feel any sort of appreciable pain. Way to go, normal guy.
- Cell Vs. Light Yagami, A.K.A "Suicidal Overconfidence the Fight."
- Light Yagami waltzes into Cell's ring in full edgy A God Am I mode, expecting an easy fight since Cell broadcasted his name to the world. The rest of the video is just him stalling for time while he waits for the Death Note to take effect and stop Cell's heart. Sure enough, it does. Too bad for Light, Cell has multiple.
- Cell spends the entire short insulting Light for being a pretty boy teenager trying to take him on, even comparing him to Justin Timberlake and mockingly suggesting they pose for Cell-fies before one of his hearts stop. After which he actually with 100% accuracy guesses what happened and as payback atomizes Light. His only regret afterwards is that he didn't choose a more topical pretty boy to compare him to.Cell: (clicks his tongue) Ah, damn it I should've said Zac Efron.
- Ryuk's live-action Face is what drives home how hosed Light is.
- Cell's initial reaction to Light's Leitmotif.
- Cell is really losing his patience when Saitama and Genos show up.Cell: Oh my-I'm a sundial for pests! ...I needed to be specific. I needed to be way more specific with my message.
Saitama: "You sure about that, Genny? You... kiiiiinda know how this goes, right?"
- Before that, Cell is wondering if he can get JAM Project to do the theme song for the tournament.
- Cell asking how Saitama plans to attack him: "Stop one of my hearts? Explode my torso? Duel me in a children's card game (which was admittedly kinda fun)?" Saitama replies he was thinking about just punching Cell.
- Saitama calling Genos "Genny" (pronounced exactly like "Jenny"). As in:
- After Genos' defeat, when the camera focuses on his mangled body, the subtitles state "Seriously, Genos, why did you even show up?"
- The Strange Minds Think Alike moment after Cell easily defeats Genos.Cell and Saitama: (deadpan) Oh, wow, who saw that one coming? Ha, you owe me a Hetap. Ha, you owe me two Hetaps. Haaa...
- Cell referring to Saitama as Caillou.
- The fact that Saitama is all set up to fight in the tournament... only to realize that a sale is going on the same day as the tournament, so he has to decline.Cell: That's it? Seriously?! I feel like I'm not the only one being blue-balled right now.
- At the very beginning of the short, Cell mutters under his breath "I can't believe we're making more of these instead of episodes!"
- Cell Vs. Ash Ketchum
- Cell is at his wit's end as Ash and his friends approach, complaining about everyone else who dropped in.
- Misty proves to be a major Deadpan Snarker here.Pokédex: (upon not figuring out who Cell is) Data not found.
Misty: And technology has failed us again.
- To add to that, the Pokédex displays a Missingno when failing to scan Cell. Technically he really is a "Missing Number", after all.
- Cell's silent disgust as Brock corrects Cell that Charizard is not a Dragon-type Pokémon. And after Cell was legitimately delighted that Ash had a Charizard, too.
Cell: Hold on, is that an actual dragon!? Because, I'll be honest, that's pretty metal!
- Even funnier since this seems to be implied to be the early Johto team (Squirtle and Charizard are still there, Brock knows what a Steel-type is, etc.), meaning they haven't discovered Mega Evolution, which would have made Charizard part Dragon-type.
Brock: Actually, it's neither a Dragon-type, nor a Steel-type.
Cell: [silent frown]
- Cell sends Team Rocket blasting off again before they finish their intro scene. Misty and Brock don't actually care if they're okay. Of course, knowing this is Team Rocket, they probably are.
- Cell is completely in the dark about Pokémon, wondering what they are and how their name, Pocket Monster, doesn't really make sense as they are on Ash's belt and should therefore be called Ball Monsters or Duel Monsters. Which leads to him directly comparing Pokémon to Duel Monsters.
- At the very end, when Mewtwo flies by:Cell: Is that f*cking Freeza?
- Deadpool vs. Cell?! Whoo, boy...
Cell: Huh. The thought of a hired gun never crossed my mind...
- How does he enter? He sneaks up behind Cell, and asks "Did you know the mitochondria is your powerhouse?"
- The Merc with a Mouth has been contracted to kill Cell! Who is the person behind it? Nappa. Just so he can have his crossover movie with Spider-Man.Nappa: (After hanging up) All right, Mr. Lee, it's happening.
Stan Lee: Excelsior, Ghost Nappa!
Nappa: I'm not a gho- it's been like a season, dude, come on.
- The picture Nappa gives to Deadpool? Meruem.
- At one point, Cell blasts Deadpool, counts down from five and then blasts him again while humming Hollaback Girl to himself. Then this happens.Deadpool: GOD DAMN IT! Now listen here you overgrown Bad Dragon toy... (Cell blasts him again)[Captioner's notice: Kids, don't Google that.]
- Just the way Deadpool trolls against Cell is friggin' hilarious.
- When Deadpool mentions he's being contracted to kill Cell...
- Case in point, the Running Gag of Deadpool slicing off Cell's arms, Cell blasting Deadpool repeatedly in the head and the Merc with a Mouth getting back up more pissed each time.Cell: Swords? Buddy, I've got a boy with lavender hair who can give you a rundown on how poorly that's gonna work out for- where is my arm? (sees Deadpool waving his own arm at him) I stand corrected. Also lopsided.
Cell: It's not even that funny. So how about you take your swords, your guns, (camera pans out to show him missing both arms when trying to do Air Quotes) and your "references" and— (Late to the Realization that his arms are gone, with Deadpool using them as a chair)
- Cell repeatedly beams Deadpool in the head to "kill" him, only for Deadpool to come back each time and keep staining the ring with his blood. While this doesn't kill him, being shot in the head repeatedly still makes Deadpool angry:Deadpool: OKAY! THAT DOES IT! (teleports closer to Cell) I'm pretty sure I'm losing memories of my childhood now! And while I'm more than happy to part with my dear memories of Uncle Mickey and his van, I can't risk losing the first time I touched a boob at chess camp!
- How does Deadpool exit? He gets called by Logan on a Code Phoenix. And Deadpool is very fed up with this, saying it comes up almost every month. Deadpool goes so far to as to tell Wolvy not to kill her this time, to the latter's confusion and annoyance.Wolverine: What the FUCK did you just—
White Text Box: Do you think he remembers X3?
Yellow Text Box: Nobody remembers X3.
- Before leaving, he assures Cell that he can be reached on both Tinder and Grindr, and Yelp! With the Grindr profile containing a number of great jokes before capping off with this.
- How does the fight end? Deadpool casually slicing off Cell's head.Deadpool: One for the road!
Headless Cell: UGH! I HOPE YOUR SEQUEL BOMBS!
Deadpool: (bluntly) It won't.
- A bonus note: The audio mixing on Cell's line is arranged to sound like it's coming from the severed head laying on the ground.
- On another bonus note, right before Deadpool decapitates him Cell muses about if Bea Arthur is still alive or not. The implication seeming to be that Deadpool decided to behead him just for that.
- For anyone wondering, Deadpool 2 boxed $733.2 million, so safe to say it didn't bomb.
- And in Marvel fashion, there's a post-credits scene with Takahata101 Deadpool arguing with Xander Mobus Deadpool, as Taka wanted to "go toe-to-toe with himself".
- We end up getting to see Episode 2... kind of.
- Subscriber Special: After hearing there were at least 9k subscribers, the usual question was asked, however, this happens.
- The Halloween Special:Professor: Well, what's your costume?
Popo: Oh, I'm not in costume. Yet. Hold on. [cut to clip of the Cloverfield monster, with Popo's maniacal laughter]
- From the same special Nappa's costume:Nappa [Dressed as Broly]: I'm Vic Mignogna! Ah, my poor vocal cords!
- From the same special Nappa's costume:
- Four Words: Banana on a
- Heck, the entire FAQ is one big CMOF.
- The obnoxious salaryman... er, fan. That is all.Salaryman: Can I be Hercule?
Vegeta: No, now go away!
Salaryman: What about Cutter?
Vegeta: I SAID GO— wait, what? Who the hell is Cutter?
Salaryman: You guys suck! I'm gonna go complain about it on my LiveJournal.
Vegeta: Oh yes, I'm sure your mother reads it religiously.
- (For those wondering, Cutter is the name of the leader of the Space Orphans that appear at the beginning of Episode 12.)
- Also-Obnoxious Fan: Can I be Oozaru?
Vegeta: I DON'T KNOW! LET'S ASK HIM!
Oozaru: ROAR! (Fires blast of energy from his mouth at the Obnoxious Fan.)
Obnoxious Fan: Owww!
- Finally, he wants to be Vegeta, so Vegeta finally humors him, and he emulates Brian Drummond of Ocean Group.Obnoxious Fan: Ahem... Let's see what you've got, Kakarot! Galick Gun FIRE!!!
Vegeta: Oh, GO F*CK YOURSELF!
- Nappa answering the question of who writes and edits the show.Nappa: Well, it's edited by the Tiger Kitty!
Vegeta: Kaiser Neko, Nappa!
Nappa: Kaiser Cat!
Nappa: Meow! (pair of cat ears pops up on his head)
- There's also the second FAQ special. Yamcha tries to answer a question, and is blown up by a Saibaman.
- Chiaotzu is totally snarky to any fans who want to help.Chiaotzu: (reads question) "Can I be a part of Team Four Star?" Oh yeah, sure!... when you grow some friggin' talent.
Tien: CHIAOTZU! That was totally uncalled-for. Now they'll just waste their lives in a futile struggle to measure up to their peers until they're nothing more than a crumpled heap of countless failures of broken dreams. Right, Yamcha?
Yamcha: I can't feel my arms...
- King Kai taking a shot at Kaiser Neko's reliance on Adobe in producing the series.King Kai: If he could be any more of a whore for Adobe, they would've branded their logo on his ass.
- Bubbles answers the question on when the next episode will be in his usual monkey-speak. King Kai expresses his amazement that TFS has plans through the Cell Saga.King Kai: And remember: There's no such thing as stupid questions, unless a stupid person is asking it.
Chiaotzu: Like you!
- Chiaotzu is totally snarky to any fans who want to help.
- The Blooper Reels. Both of them.
Krillin : Oh, gah... Why can't I?... Just one hit... I ki... I killed Saibamen He didn't see me coming! He can't sense energy! WHY WAS HE ABLE TO DODGE THAT?! It's not fair! I ca... I can't be this useless! It's not fair! Why are there so many ostriches? The brochure said there'd only be a few of them!
- Krillin may be motivated with the Spirit Bomb on the outside, but on the inside...
- The AWA special:Nappa: Hey. Vegeta. Check out that cosplayer over there. They're hot!
Vegeta: Goddamnit, Nappa, stop breaking the fourth... whoa, wow, she is hot.
Nappa: I'm talking about that guy over there! The L cosplayer!
Vegeta: Nappa, that's just a guy in a white sweatshirt.
Nappa: Yeah, like I said. L.
Vegeta: Are you telling me that counts as a cosplay?
Vegeta: F***ing cop-out.
- In the middle of the ConnectiCon 2011 announcement.Announcer: ...Wait a minute, this is missing something. Hey, Nappa, say something funny.
Nappa: My parents died in a tragic space accident when I was only a child. That's why I can never grow up.
Announcer: Ha ha, oh Nappa.
- Nappa and the other bald characters' parody of Lady Gaga's Born This Way.
- After the music stops, some of the reactions are priceless:Nappa: Tien, what are you doing?! That was your line!
Tien: Yeah, I'm not doing it.
Nappa: I thought we talked about this.
Tien: Yeah. You talked. I said no.
Nappa: Look. It took a long time to put this together. Piccolo's in the outfit!
Piccolo: (covered in plush Yoshis) I'm in the outfit.
Tien: That's because you have no friends.
Piccolo: (stops smiling and runs off sobbing offscreen)
Nappa: What the f***, Tien?
Krillin: Oh, geez!
Tien: I am. Not. Doing. Your stupid. Song. Parody.
Tien: F*** you, that's why.
- After the music stops, some of the reactions are priceless:
- The Anime Evolution 2010 promo;Guru: Nail Naaaaaail!
Nail: What is it, Lord Guru?
Guru: Do you know what I love about Canada?
Nail: ...Sir, there's nothing to love about Canada.
Nail: No, seriously, it's the only place more boring than here-
Guru: Nail! None of that.
Nail: (Sighs) What is that you love about Canada, sir?
Guru: I love... their moose!
Nail: (Makes a surprised yelp)
- Ladies and gentlemen. I present to you: "Captain Ginyu Style!"
- Takahata101 attending a Dragon Ball Kai panel at Sakura-Con:Takahata: Dragon Ball Kai is Dragon Ball Z essentially, right?
Chris Sabat: You could say that.
Takahata: It's shortened, correct?
Chris Sabat: Right.
Takahata: It's redubbed, right?
Chris Sabat: In a way, yes.
Takahata: It's partially rewritten, correct?
Chris Sabat: It is completely rewritten, yes.
Takahata (Nappa voice): Way to be four years late to that party!
- At the 2014 Anime Midwest Convention, a fan asked Lanipator to perform a hypothetical meeting between Vegeta and Mr. Popo. Watch it here.Vegeta: What the hell is that?
Mr. Popo: Oh hello, didn't realize they stacked crap that high.
Vegeta: Listen here, you son of a-(gets punched off the lookout) BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Popo: Bye, maggot! Enjoy the climb back up! (laughs)
- The alternate takes of Krillin's death at the hands of Freeza.Krillin: YOLO! (boom)
Krillin: Someone set me up the bomb! (boom)
Krillin: I've heard of an explosive temper, but this is ridiculou-(boom)
Krillin: Hey, guys! Look! It's my Chiaotzu impression! Goodbye, Tie-(boom)
- The alternate take from episode 30's ending.Dr Briefs: Finally, we're rid of all those dang ni-
Dr Briefs: I was gonna say Namekians!
Bulma: **Beat** No you weren't.
Dr Briefs: No I wasn't. **He was about to say Yoshi.**
- The alternate take of Goku escaping Namek. He presses the muffin button, but gets a cookie instead. The result is a Big "NO!" as the planet explodes.
- The alternate take of Yamcha's suicide. The rope he hung himself with? It was Puar using his shape-shifting.
- A deleted scene from episode 43, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea tries to save the day with their military. Keyword being tries. Their missiles launched and
proceeded to all malfunction at the same time and fall back down, causing the PRK army to run in the name of the glorious People's Republic.
- Cue jokes from from the fandom that North Korea's weapons are so out of date that this is exactly what would happen in real life.
- The deleted scene from Episode 44 had Yamcha take the Idiot Ball in full by saying that, yes, Goku and Gohan both would go fight the evil, killer androids in the presence of resident Mama Bear Chi-Chi. Oolong tries to get him to stop.Oolong: Yamcha, as the man-pig that's known you for longer than everyone else in this room shut up!
Chi-Chi: (Sweetly) Hey, Yamcha? When you fall asleep tonight don't fall asleep tonight.
Gohan: Yeah That's great, Mom. But you know if you tell that to Dad, it's just gonna go in one ear and get bored and die.
- There's also Gohan's reply to Chi-Chi telling him that they're not going to fight the androids, but instead go back to living their nice and peaceful life while Gohan becomes a doctor/lawyer/scientist.
- Celloween: Krillin using his (pen)ultimate attack, SOLAR FLARE.Kid: We on a plane, mama.
Krillin: *Smiling, then realizes, thinking* Wait, that's not my ultimate attack, I thought the Kienz AH GODDAMMIT EVERY TIME.
- The fact that Cell avoided Krillin's Solar Flare by blinking.
- And the ending, it turns out to be a dream, and guess who is at Kame HouseNote .Krillin: Oh man, I had the craziest dream! Cell was there!
Piccolo: Well the androids are here! *points towards 16, 17, and 18*
* Krillin lets out a terrified scream*
- Made funnier in Episode 45 where it turns out the dream is influenced by the news that Piccolo was watching while the others were sleeping. Krillin even murmurs some of his dialogue from the short in his sleep.
- The April Fools joke episode, "Broly", which is actually the Abridgimon Movie.
- What made it funnier was that it was spelled "Brolly".
- In their second batch of DBcember 2016 villains, the cast inevitably gets to Nappa, so they tied up and gagged Taka in the storage room for the duration. Naturally, he breaks free before they can finish.Taka: (in Nappa voice) There is no Taka, now. There is only Nappa.
- The video advertising upcoming episodes and new T-Shirts is hilarious with Nappa and Vegeta arguing over doing the commercial (Nappa wants him to do it, Vegeta doesn't) and a sign that says "Please do NOT feed Goku on set". But, the real icing on the cake of hilarity is Vegeta VS Alucard at the end.
Vegeta: Also, where the hell's the producer?
- This pays off with I AM THE HYPE And So Can You!, laden with hilarity despite being a mere shirt commercial. But what else could you expect from a commercial starring Vegeta and Alucard?
Alucard: Oh, he says he's got a "Full Day".
(Cuts to an office door labeled "NAPA" with a hastily scribbled note that says "DO NOT DZTRB")
Nappa: Welp, this coke won't snort itself! (Snorting noises)
Alucard: Nope! Totes public domain! Trust me, even I don't have the patience for Disney lawyers.
- Vegeta's worry over the line "When you wish upon a star" being owned by Disney and Alucard's response.
Eren: Alright, guys, I'm here! And I'm ready to record for our shirts!
- When Vegeta gets to the "Son Goku" shirt, he stops dead in his tracks, refusing to refer to Kakarot as anything else, eventually goading Alucard into setting him up for the "I AM THE HYPE!" line.
- When Vegeta questions Alucard's reasons for even being there despite not having one shirt advertised Alucard remarks that maybe if they were they wouldn't be a bunch of self-indulgent bullshit.
- And then a certain someone comes into the recording booth.
Vegeta: Oh shit.
Alucard: (Panicking) Get out of here! You don't exist!!
Alucard: YOU DON'T EXIS- (static followed by a broadcast error screen that says "VIDEO PULLED BY JAPANESE COPYRIGHT OWNERS".)
- In the background a picture can be seen that reads "WEN BROLI"
- The Stinger: Armin joins Nappa in the coke-snorting.
- It turns out that Vegeta quit, so the next segment consists of their trying out a number of spokespeople for the "BITCH I'M ADORABLE! And so are these shirts!" ad.
- Krillin requires a box, and is promptly fired when he attempts to take a "Boothie" (a selfie in a recording booth). Alucard's gravelly "Get out." sells it.
- Gohan has a mild case of Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny! before doing a decent job and he promptly gets fired for asking to be introduced to Yami-Yugi.
- The third candidate? Eren Jaeger, wearing an absurd hat and mustache to disguise himself, having caught on from being bitched out before. He ends his session by asking, "You know what would be even better? AN ATTACK ON TITAN" before getting shot by Alucard.Alucard: Y'know, Darren Pause Krager, you remind me of somebody.
"Darren": Yeah, I get that a lot. It must be my inexcusably large moustache.
Alucard: Ah, it must be. Read when you're ready!
- The way he pronounces "mustache" is the same as how Vegeta pronounces it.
- And finally, we have Barret advertising a "Bitches Love Cannons" shirt. It concludes with him getting hired as the new spokesperson, and wondering what happened with the last guy.Nappa: (Arguing on the phone) I'm begging you Yes, I know! He called you a monkey! But, Vegeta, you called him Sparkles! That is so much worse!
Nappa: "How?!" If you didn't notice, we're born with monkey-tails and, under full moons, turn into literal monkeys! Not even apes, because they don't have tails. Monkeys!
Vegeta: It's still bullshit!
Nappa: Vegeta, he's suing you.
- Trunks does the 2016 merch advertisements with Vegeta managing the recording session, and Alucard is late, just like every year. Hilarity Ensues. Then shit hits the fan when Broly escapes his box.
- The shirt with Trunks on it is a crossover with Doctor Who, but according to the script...
- Trunks is taken aback by the next shirt, first for the crass language, then for who the shirt represents and his crimes, with "Bitch, I drink people!"
- Vegeta takes advantage of Alucard being late in the best way.
- Dragon Ball Kai Abridged, the entirety of Season 1 condensed into two minutes and ten seconds of nonstop hilarity.
- Gohan's introduction:Goku: I have a kid.
Gohan: I'm socially awkward.
Krillin: He's adorable! [Blasted through a wall by Raditz. The Krillin Owned Count rapidly rises before exploding.]
- King Kai: I'm King Kai. You now know the Kaio-ken and the Spirit Bomb. F**k off. Shut up, Bojack.
- Krillin: Yamcha's here! [Explosion] Yamcha's dead!
- Vegeta: Hey Nappa. Let's go to Earth.
- The part where Nappa sums up his total reason for being;
- Goku arrives.Goku:: Goku's here!
Krillin: Goku's here!
Vegeta: It's over nine thousaaaaaa
Nappa: Aaaaaaaaaa [Vegeta and Nappa continue to scream over each other until Vegeta blasts Nappa with an energy beam.]
Nappa: Vegeta, why?! (as he is dying)
Vegeta: Because I'm a monkey! (transforms into the giant ape Ozaru).
- Vegeta even more blatantly steals Krillin's move.Vegeta: Oh no, I'm not a monkey! Oh no, the kid's a monkey! Destructo Disk!
Krillin: The f*ck?!
- Hi, maggots. I'm training you. I'm terrifying and a potential rapist but I'll never say it flat out. [beat] BAH!
- The Reveal that Yami Yugi had watched the whole thing.Yami Yugi: This has how many subscribers?
- Kai Abridged 2 ramps it up even more, covering the Namek arc which is (in)famously known for its length.
- Freeza reads the disclaimer.Freeza: This is a parody. Buy the fucking show!
- Freeza's introduction:
- Instead of Freeza or Dodoria in the shower, the Solar Flare gag instead has Lanipator dressed as◊ Dr. Frank-N-Furter at TFS' first 18+ panel at Youmacon◊.
- Vegeta's infamous scream is so powerful this time that it crashes the Adobe Flash plugin. And then he smashes through the error screen.
- Prior to this, Vegeta's continuous maniacal laughter as he breaks out of Freeza's ship, steals Freeza's Dragon Balls as he leaves, kills Zarbon, and takes the Dragon Ball the good guys had. With what is most likely music from Jonny Quest in the background.
- Second place goes to Krillin, which manages to keep his scream going for the entire time Vegeta is at their cave.Krillin: AAAAAHHHHHHH-No seriously though. Where's Gohan?
- Vegeta: Hey guys, you remind me of some assholes I'm about to kill!
- Goku's arrival takes out the Ginyu Force in a massive explosion. Unfortunately, his ship crashing on top of them also took him out of commission - what're the odds?Vegeta: Put him in... (turns head) THE POD.
(cue zoom in as a dramatic musical sting plays before the scene abruptly cuts to Goku inside of the pod)
Goku: (thinking) I wonder if this'll become a trend.
- When Porunga is summoned:
- Vegeta threatens to kill Dende's parents if he's not made immortal.Dende: Joke's on you.
- Porunga dies right before Vegeta can get his immortality.Vegeta: ...Wait, am I immortal?
Freeza: I don't know! Let's see...
Krillin: Oh ho ho, he's pissed!
- Goku and Vegeta when grabbed by Freeza:Goku and Vegeta: No, Freeza-dono, yamate! Translanation
- Itself being a reference to Attack on Titan Abridged.
- And what follows...Freeza: I'm sorry, what were you on about before?
Vegeta: *wheezed* I'm a Super Saiya-*CRACK* *WUNCH*
Freeza: Apologies, still can't make it out.
Vegeta: (spluttering) I'MMA SUPER SAI—*More beatings, Freeza goes for the kill*
Freeza: And now to finish the-
Goku: Hey! Let that Vegeta alone!
Freeza: What the hell is he?
Vegeta: (weak and slurring) He's a Super Saiya *Death Beam*
- When Goku starts charging the Spirit Bomb:
- After the Spirit Bomb.Gohan: We did it, dad!
Goku: And we didn't even lose Krill **Krillin explodes** aw swizzlesticks.
Freeza: JK Not dead LOL.
- Piccolo gets shot by Freeza ("Agh, right in the tit!"), leaving Gohan to say Piccolo's line instead.Gohan: Piccolo... Why... didn't... you DOOOOODGE?!
- In the Episode Breakdown, KaiserNeko refers to the line as "the biggest missed opportunity in the entire series".
- The running gag of referring to the Dragon Balls as "things". Which may or may not be a reference to Krillin's off-hand comment about Freeza's metaphor about Old Space Yeller.
- The title for the episode is DragonThing Z Kai: Episode 2.
- Kami collects the Dragon Balls and informs King Kai.Kami: King Kai, we have the things.
King Kai: Do the thing!
- The entire exchange between Freeza and Super Saiyan Goku. Goku punches him exactly once, Freeza calls him a prick and proceeds to destroy the core of the planet.Goku: Uh oh, spaghetti— [BOOM]
- The Overly Long Gag with Guru's name - he instead wishes to be called "Super Mega Ultra Alpha Omega Hyper-" getting drowned out by Nail saying he'll be at it for a while. He finishes off with "Bigger, Longer, and Uncut Guru".
- It starts at 1:47 and continues on to Gohan's arrival at 2:35.
- And Guru's Famous Last Words:
- Freeza's wish for immortality being thwarted.Freeza: Make me immortal!
Porunga: <OR MAYBE YOU LEARN TO SPEAK GODDAMN NAMEKIAN>.
- Freeza using the "Kien-structo Disc" to hit Goku... only to cut himself apart immediately after throwing it.Freeza: How!?
(Freeza's dismembered body lands on the ground)
Goku: ...Soooo, which way's your ship?
(Freeza's severed left arm lands next to him, pointing)
Freeza: (weakly) That... way.
- The ending in which Goku uses the Muffin Button so much, he turns Namek into a giant muffin.Goku: (giggles) Yay!
- Dodoria's death scene.Vegeta: 'Sup, Chubs McKenzey, any last words before I kill you?
Dodoria: I have a THICK. MEATY. VAGINA. (She's blasted by Vegeta, who begins to gag.)
- Cui's appearence.Vegeta: I'm on Namek now!
Cui: Hi, Vegeta.
Vegeta: Hi, Cui. (blasts him) Bye, Cui.
- As a bonus, Krillin can still be heard in the background, screaming "We're all gonna diiiiie!"
- Dende getting a Borderlands-style intro screen which says "Little Green: White Mage", and then saying "My parents are dead!"
- Goku turning Super Sayian:
- Zarbon says only two things — rather effeminate "mmm" sounds, and this:
- After Freeza lost his chance at immortality thanks to Dende.Freeza: You (bark)ed me. You (chicken sound)ed me you monkey (monkey sound)ck!
Goku: Well I'll be a monkey's uncle.
- Their summary of King Kai's part in the Namek Saga:Yamcha: Hey King Kai, can you teach us the—
King Kai: NO!
- When Dende brings back Piccolo on Earth:Piccolo: Welp, I'm confused.
Gohan: It looks like the dragon brought every person on Namek to Earth!
23rd World Tournament-era Piccolo: ALL OF THEM?!
- Since there was a secret backwards message in the special, some kind soul decided to post a reversed version of the entire episode. Besides being able to hear the backwards message, you also get to see Freeza knit his body back together, Goku squeaking as he goes from Super Saiyan to regular Saiyan and then he starts screaming, and Vegeta's Evil Laugh, only it sounds like he's barking.
- Plus, amidst the babble that is backwards-speaking, some words can still be made out, and are hilariously appropriate for the situation. Examples include Goku talking to Freeza and apparently calling him a "wwuuuusss", while Guru re-appears from the dead with a "yeees?", and Gohan meowing shortly after (before?) Piccolo dies.
- In a meta-sense, consider that, despite cutting out the entire Ginyu Force sub-arc, this episode is twice as long as the previous Kai while going at the same pace. That is how long the Namek arc takes.
- The Reveal that Nappa had watched the whole thing.Nappa: Aaaaaaand unsubscribed.
Episode 3 (2.9)
- The long-awaited Episode 3 turns out to be Episode 2.9, doing a more proper abridging of the Garlic Jr. Saga that was intentionally glossed over. All as an April Fool's joke. The 2.9 is also done in the style of Kingdom Hearts II.9 (the opening prologue of Kingdom Hearts III), which the TFS boys expressed immense annoyance over in their playthrough.
- We finally see Gohan's abusive tutor.Tutor: (while wielding a whip) LEARN! LEARN! LEARN! (stops whipping) ARE YOU LEARNING YET?
Gohan: (exasperated) I don't know. Did Caligula get his comeuppance?!
Tutor: GOOD! IT'S WORKING! (starts whiping Gohan again) LEARN! LEARN! LEARN! LEARN!
- The reactions to Tard's name.Krillin: Excuse you?!
Tard: Like "Mustard"!! Come on, guys! Don't make a big deal out of this, it's cultural, okay?!
Vinegar: Pff. I shorten Vinegar all time, but you don't hear me calling myself-
Spice: Vinny! Dammit, you're going to get us in trouble again! Don't make us kick you out like we did with Baby Spice.
(cut to Baby Spice, or rather Baby)
Baby Spice: Whenever I go out of town on business, I like to do my research on where I'm going. What are the local hotspots, the bar scene, age of consent... Make the best of my time, you know!?
- And then there's Enema.
- According to Kami, the Black Water Mist was created by Mr. Popo for drug purposes. The mist is then used on Piccolo, who turns into a rabid dog. He also mentions that according to Popo it's great for vape pens and butt chugging. * Garlic Jr.: Ew.
- It later turns out that Piccolo wasn't affected by the Black Water Mist, but was just high on cocaine, which Mr. Popo also keeps around in plentiful amounts.Kami: I once made some French toast and it was a bad time. I mean, at first it was a really good time, very productive day. But then it wasn't.
Garlic Jr.: I want some coke toast.
- It later turns out that Piccolo wasn't affected by the Black Water Mist, but was just high on cocaine, which Mr. Popo also keeps around in plentiful amounts.
- This entire bit.Enema: Time to get the shit out! (punches Gohan across the floor)
Krillin: Gohan! (Tard punches him in the stomach) FUCK! note
Tard: You and I are gonna have a real gas!
Krillin: The long-term effects of mustard gas on soldiers in World War II was horrific, why would you—
(Tard knees Krillin in the face for a long while before tossing him to the ground)
Tard: By the way, it was World War I.
Krillin: Right, I know. You just, like, you just start saying "World War" and you just kinda wanna say "II." You know, it's like The Terminator. Everybody knows there's a first one, but everyone's always talking about the sec— (gets an energy blast to the face)
- Vegeta's cameo appearance as he searches for Goku.Vegeta: Alright, I've checked everywhere except for Planet Yardrat and Vampa. Wait a minute, am I floating in space? Man, it's a good thing I'm in a part of the galaxy where there's air.
- Lani can actually be heard Corpsing in that third sentence.
- When Garlic Jr. unleashes Piccolo on Gohan, the scene cuts to live action, inside TeamFourStar's office, where KaiserNeko is writing the script, while Lanipator snorts cocaine off the coffee table and Takahata101 lounges on the couch while shotguning a carton of Franzia. Kaiser is initially reluctant to bring back dodge but after some convincing from a drugged up Lani and an uncaring thumbs up from Taka, he relents, which Lani celebrates by... slapping Taka's Franzia out of his hands, to Taka's displeasure, who responds by slapping Lani in the face.
- Piccolo is strangling Gohan, and Gohan's response is... not what they anticipated.Gohan: Harder!
Piccolo: (shocked) WHOA!
Garlic Jr.: (just as shocked) WHOA!
Krillin: Jesus, WHAT?!
Gohan: (strained) Fight it... harder... Mr. Piccolo!
Piccolo: Oh! Thank Kami.
- This causes Piccolo to stop choking Gohan because the poor kid "made it weird."
- Same goes for Krillin as he enjoys being bitten by Piccolo before being tossed off the Lookout and later being cornered by Garlic's giant form.
- Garlic tells Piccolo to finish off Gohan:Garlic Jr.: Alright, Piccolo! Make like an anti-vaxxer and murder this child!
Spice: ...Getting a little heavy-handed with the social commentary, aren't we?
Vinegar: Art should be controversial, man.
- After Piccolo squeezes his own neck to the point of bleeding causing Garlic Jr. to vomit and Gohan kills Spice, Vinegar just decides to leave.
- Garlic Jr's line "I'm a strong independent demon who don't need no henchmen!"
- When Garlic Jr. prepares to eliminate the heroes by opening up the Dead Zone, he realizes that he's done the exact same thing that resulted in him being Hoist by His Own Petard the last time he fought the heroes. When he states he'll close the zone and kill them himself, in comes Alucard to shoot him and send him flying back to the Dead Zone.
- Immediately after that, Gohan awakens and realizes it was All Just a Dream and indirectly tells viewers to Please Subscribe to Our Channel before his tutor starts whipping him again.
- The Stinger reveals that Vinegar became the best-selling author of "The Fault in Our Makyo Stars". And the host closes by calling him "Mr. N*bleep*", prompting Vinegar to timidly remind her that he goes by "Vinny" instead.
- "Man, I'm glad we skipped this the first time."
Episode 3 (The Real One)
- The disclaimer, read by Android 16.Android 16: Physical media is forever! Buy LaserDisc!
- The Seinfeldian Conversation Yamcha, Bulma & Krillin have about stolen music, obviously a reference to Kenji Yamamoto's plagiarizing for the DBZ Kai score. And of course certain others (Piccolo, Krillin) mention the US Bruce Faulconer music.Yamcha: I'm just saying, I know it was stolen but it was good music, right?
Bulma: Yeah, because it was stolen from better artists.
Krillin: What about the dub score?
Yamcha: Oh, yeah, let's start that flame war...
Vegeta: FREEZA'S HERE!
Piccolo: OH MY GOD!
Gohan: WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
- Freeza's pun-tastic return:Freeza: (as everyone freaks out) That's right, buttholes! This is my resurrection! And you're all about to get F— (gets cut into by Trunks' sword, which gets stuck on his metal bits, then sprays blood all over Krillin)
Krillin: (while covered in blood) Whoo!
- It's also a bit of a Stealth Pun, but there's a sound like metal on rock when Trunks' sword gets stuck around the place where, were he conforming to human biology, Freeza's heart would be. note
- The sheer fact that Freeza's death by sword is done very slowly.
- If you listen very closely during the title sequence, (which, keep in mind, is about two seconds long) you can hear the Instant Transmission 'pop' sound effect.
- Trunks claiming that he's come because they have no female fanbase, followed by Bulma flirtatiously saying they do now. Since they used a soundfile from Dragon Ball Fighterz, it also leads to KaiserNeko briefly turning into Eric Vale.Trunks: YOU NEED TO BE STOPPED! (cue explosion)
- When Goku returns, he is greeted by stock applause.
- "Only saw Z, who dat?"
- Trunks telling everyone to laugh at Vegeta's pink shirt when he leaves.Tien: More like Saiyan "pride parade", am I right?
Vegeta: I'm now going to breed the nearest female just to prove you wrong.
Bulma: Oh, cool.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants "Three years later" title card followed by a destroyed city and an innocent lonely child being crushed by debris.
- This Call-Back to the first Kai short, which also becomes a Brick Joke when Goku has his heart attack.Goku: Guys, it's A SET of Androids! And Yamcha's here.
Yamcha: I am? (gets impaled by Dr. Gero)
Goku: Yamcha's dead!
Yamcha: (muffled and pained) No, I'm not!
- It then turns out Dr. Gero's arm got stuck in Yamcha:Dr. Gero: Come on you—! (attempts to pull his arm out)
Yamcha: (yelps in pain)
Dr. Gero: (still attempting to wiggle his arm loose) Blasted ribs got caught on my sleeve!
Yamcha: (broken whimper)
- It then turns out Dr. Gero's arm got stuck in Yamcha:
- When Vegeta shows up to destroy 19.
- Android 19's new Famous Last Words.
- Vegeta prepares to kill Gero.Vegeta: And now, to put the old man in a home! (close up on Vegeta's face) A funeral home! I—
(zooms out, to show Gero is gone)
Vegeta: Ah, shit. Damn, he runs fast for an old guy.
- Dr. Gero prepares two more Androids, the original ones who were always a part of the story. From the very beginning.note
- When 18 attempts to wake up 16, Gero's response speaks to a bit of Fridge Logic from the scene:Gero: NO, DON'T WAKE HIM UP FOR SOME REASON!!
- Of course, a character gets to say "I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say." It's 16 this time, but he screws up partway through.
- Vegeta calling 18 a cunt is taken Up to Eleven here.Vegeta: Hey, c(bleep)t!
Trunks: Whoa, dad!
Vegeta: What? She's a c(bleep)t! A c(bleep)ty c(bleep)t! Whatcha gonna do it about it you big ol' c(bleep)t?! Gonna c(bleep)t all over me with your c(bleep)ty face and your c(bleep)t boots and your.....VAGINA?!
(18 takes a deep breath before she breaks Vegeta's arm, cuing a "We'll be Right Back" card)
- After 18's done dismantling Vegeta.17: 'Ey... don't bang my sister.
18: (kisses Krillin's cheek) He might~.
Krillin: (eager) Oh!
17: But don't.
Krillin: (disappointed) Oh...
16: He wants pussy like I want Goku.
17: That sounds a little gay, dude.
16: It is a little gay, dude.
- When Piccolo goes to fuse with Kami:Piccolo: You know who could use some character development?
Vegeta: Kakarot's brat!
- Piccolo fuses with Kami and...Piccolo: I'm THREE guys now!
Kami and Nail: 'Sup.
Internal Kami: Do you think this joke will get old?
Piccolo: Nah, its not Ghost Nappa.
- Piccolo convincing Kami to fuse with him. Made better in that Popo sounds like Krillin.Piccolo: Kami, we have to kill some teenagers! Also, we cool now?
Mr. Popo: I DID DRUGS THIS SCENE!
Kami: You had me at "killing teenagers".
- Piccolo convincing Kami to fuse with him. Made better in that Popo sounds like Krillin.
- Rather than having the Pirate and Ninja Dreams while bedridden from his heart problems, Goku is having what seems to be a Hero Dream, rendered in 3D...Goku (in Izuku's outfit): I'm gonna be the greenest Goku ever!
Vegeta (in Bakugou's outfit): F**K YOU, DEKUROT! KILL YOURSELF! WRYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Goku: God, you're such a deep character!
Vegeta: (grabs Goku) F**K ME!
(cut to outside the dream)
Goku: Man, I wish I was All Might...
Gohan: I wish my dad was All Might...
- Instead of singing "Mr. Sandman" to himself, Imperfect Cell debuts by whistling the tune from "All Star".Piccolo: Who?
[cue "To Be Continued" title card]
- Just before this, Kami and Piccolo are having a discussion that could both be a continuation of the soundtrack discussion from the beginning of the episode, and (depending on your musical tastes) a comment on the song that Cell starts singing immediately afterward.Piccolo: Look, I'm not saying it was the best music, but American kids grew up with it, y'know?
Kami: That doesn't make it good, it just makes it nostalgic.
- Nappa as All Might:"And remember, when you say 'Plus Ultra' you really got to say it like a Japanese dude. PURASU URTURA! Got it? Good. Cause I gotta go bang Dekurot's mom. Straight up Professor Oak-ing that bitch!"
- The fact Dekurot's mom could refer to Gine brings two funny implications: chubby Gine, or the weird pairing of Nappa and Gine.
- Then there's the other implication about Nappa being All Might: that means he gave Goku/Dekurot his powers.
- The fact that this arc is SO LONG they're going to need at least two Kai episodes to cover it, as it cuts off right as Cell shows up.
- The disclaimer for this episode:Perfect Cell: Give money, receive Dragon Ball.
- The episode begins with Cell finishing up All Star. And after he does so, he calls Piccolo daddy, and pukes up a live baby instead of the pacifier:Imperfect Cell: You're gonna help me raise this child!Kami: He's getting in your head! And your arm!
- On top of this, the fact that Cell didn't start of the episode with "--body!" to finish the joke set up by the last episode as would be expected. Instead he's all but stated to have sung the entire song in the interim period between episodes.
- Why does Cell keep calling Piccolo daddy?
- Krillin getting sidetracked by how Cell's groin looks so much like his mouth before getting another Solar Flare. The image this time? A Freeza bubble blowing toy.
Krillin: AH, DICK IN MY EYES!
- Even better, Cell plays the finger game and his dick-mouth starts talking.
- Goku saying "Plus Ultra!" when he fetches Gohan.
- The introduction of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.Vegeta: (Sound-Effect Bleep)'s that mean?Goku: It means next year will be tomorrow!Vegeta: NANI?! (door closes on him)
- Although Goku says that he only gets involved when things are getting bad, he and Gohan decide on waiting for Vegeta in unison.
- When the Androids attack Kame House in search of Goku, there's a "no soliciting" sign next to them.
- This scene during the fight between Piccolo and 17 where they gut punch each other so hard their backs seem to billow out.
- Android 17 seeing Cell for the first time.Android 17: Cyborg Jesus, what is that thing?!
Imperfect Cell: I'm your onii-chan! (slams Android 17 onto the ground, with the word "POMF" appearing)
Android 17: What are we going to do on the ground, onii-chan? (camera zooms in on the inside of Cell's tail as the Fairy Tail "Wow!" sound effect plays)
- Android 16 revealing that anime sound effects are interchangeable!
- Cell absorbing 17 is portrayed even more dirty than usual.Android 17: Wait, you can't do this! We're related!
Imperfect Cell: Not by blood~.
Android 17: Oh cool. That's fine then. (Cell absorbs him, and it's shown off as a P-Hub video titled "GUY TAKES ALL OF HIS STEP BROTHER IN HIS GAPING HOLE")
- On the topic of P-Hub, the recommend videos are "'Hot Twunk Gets Fisted By Older Man" (Dr. Gero punching a hole in Yamcha's chest), "Hot Young Guy Splits F.A.G. in Half" (Trunks slicing Mecha Freeza in half), "Teen Girl Gets Pussy Pounded" (Goku touching Bulma's panties as a kid to check for balls) and "Spying in Girl's Bathroom" (Master Roshi using a shrinking device to peep on Bulma in the bathroom)
- Cell abruptly shapeshifting into his Semi-Perfect form, which is followed by Tien's Shin Kikoho in the style of Dragon Ball Fighter Z. Complete with Tien's side showing a KOed Piccolo and 16 on his team.
- Just as Cell is about to kill Tien after he's wished a merry Christmas, Goku suddenly appears to pick him up.Goku: Did someone say Christmas?!
Tien: Now you show up!
Semi-Perfect Cell: Oh hey, Goku—
Goku: You're gonna (Dragon Radar beep)ing die! (POP)
- Cell decides to just Perfect, only for Super Vegeta to get involved.Super Vegeta: I'm gonna do you a f*ck!
Cell: 'Scuse me?
Super Vegeta: NEVER! (kicks Cell into the dirt) Look how yoke'd I am. (spits) Straight up cock diesel!
- Followed by Cell doing some Politeness Judo.Cell: (face buried in dirt) Can I just absorb the androids?
Super Vegeta: No.
Trunks: (relieved) Yes!
Super Vegeta: Yes!
Trunks: (despairing) NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
- Which is immediately followed by Cell anticlimactically absorbing 18 before anyone can realize what's just happened.
- Followed by Cell doing some Politeness Judo.
- After Cell becomes Perfect, we get this required scene:Perfect Cell: I am perfect... and you will quote everything I say.
- Cell's Curb-Stomp Battle with Krillin and the Saiyans is even worse:
- Krillin befriending 16, which 16 himself lampshades.Krillin: We're friends now!
16: But I want to kill Goku!
Krillin: Most of my friends did!
- Cell carves up the giant chunk of rock to make... a giant stone Dickbutt. While humming "Megalovania".Cell: Mmm, this will age well.
- Goku and Gohan step outside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to find the Lookout in flames and littered with debris (and somewhere in the afterlife, Gine is crying)Goku: ...Vegeta. What'cha do?
Vegeta: (looking extremely guilty) Nothing...
Goku: Vegeta! What did you do?
Vegeta: (petulantly) Nothing!
Goku: What. Did. You. Do?!
Vegeta: I F*CKED YOUR MOM!!
Goku: I don't have a mom!
Vegeta: (distraught) ...Neither do I.
(Vegeta starts crying Manly Tears with a Lonely Piano Piece playing in the background)
- Gohan shows off his new power to Piccolo:Super Saiyan Gohan: Hey, Mr. Piccolo! I'm Super Saiyan!
Piccolo: NO, YOU'RE ME! (clothes beams some demon wear onto Gohan who admires it while "Fashion Killa" by A$AP Rocky plays.)
- Goku retrieving Dende in this version.Trunks: By the way, we don't have Dragon Balls anymore, so-
Goku: But then what are we in?! (POP, brings back Dende) Goku fix.
Dende: Okay so I'm God now?
Mr. Popo: Bet.
Goku: Tournament time!
- Alucard drops in for a cameo appearance:Alucard: Hey, we still doing those Vs. videos?
Alucard: Eh, no worries. (teleports out)
- What makes this one even funnier is that Takahata101 is voicing both Alucard and Cell, which at the end of the last Vs. video, Deadpool was complaining about in terms of missed opportunities.
- The entire Cell Games bracket (sponsored by Hetap) is solely one match between Goku and Cell.Trunks: Wait, how is that a tournament?
Mr. Perfect Cell: Hey, don't hate the Cell Playa... hate the Cell Games.
- Both Cell AND Goku telling Mr Satan to fuck off.Satan: Eh, they didn't really change my character anyway.
- Goku gets hit once and immediately quits, pushing Gohan onto the stage.
- What pushes Gohan to go Super Saiyan 2 in this version? Goku telling him that his fight with Cell won't be resolved for another year.
- Cell complaining about how they skipped over the fight with the Cell Jr's, only to get bitchslapped by Gohan.
- What's even funnier is the fact Gohan bitchslapped the Perfect out of Cell, with a Mario damage sound effect.
- Semi-Perfect Cell does not like losing his perfect form or Gohan calling him a dingus.Gohan: Get lost ya dingus.
Semi-Perfect Cell: I'm no dingus... YOU'RE A DINGUS!! (inflates to "Big And Chunky" by will.i.am)
Gohan: Oh god, I killed us all!
Goku: No, Gohan... just me. (pops himself and Cell away with the same dramatic balloon burst as in the original Tear Jerker moment)
Freeza- sorry, Perfecter Cell: JK Not dead LOL
- Cell's Wrong Genre Savvy Villainous Breakdown after killing Trunks, especially the both Self Deprecating and Critic-Mocking reference to their somewhat controversial ranking placement of fan-favorite Cell in their Top 24 Dragon Ball Villains Special during DBCember 2016:Cell: NO! Enough of that! Now listen up! Y'all be skipping my best shit since I got here. Ranked me as fourth-best villain under (mockingly) King Piccolo?! (normally) I'm Perfect Cell, motherf(beep!)ckers! So, Dende on f (beep!) cking Earth! you better recognize the crackle of my raw, SSSSEXUAL energy and line your 1990s asses up so I can--!
- Cell once again goes out singing "My Way", except this time he sings the Limp Bizkit song. And after he holds the last "WAAAAAY" note, he dies with one last Fred Durst "CHYEAH!"
- A scene that encapsulates Death Is Cheap;
- How does Shenron greet the Dragon Team this time?Shenron: New balls, who dis?
- Goku decides to stay dead, much to Gohan's frustration. His reasoning?
- Gohan... doesn't take it well that it's all downhill for him after beating Cell.Gohan: Wow! I wonder what's next for me...
(Piccolo put his hand on his head and smiles; long pause)
Piccolo: (smile changes to a frown) You peaked.
Piccolo: You peaked.
Gohan: You're kidding! After all that!?
Piccolo: Yeah, sorry.
Gohan: But... B-But I get stronger though, right!?
Piccolo: Yeah, but... no.
- The episode ends with Android 16 randomly walking across the screen, turning to the viewer smirking and saying.16: By the way, I never died in this version. (walks off)
- That particular moment is also framed as though he has suddenly become giant-sized for no explicable reason.
- The "Canadian" subs (aka the joke subs with commentary) spends a good amount of time with the subtitlers freaking out over how sexual the jokes are. Also, they have a field day with nicknaming Cell, including "Alabama" and "Vore Enthusiast". Perfect Cell's introduction includes a dad joke, his Villainous Breakdown involves the subtitlers having way too much fun with the formatting, and the confusion when none of them get the Fred Durst reference.
- The team has done a few minis based on Dragon Ball Super: Wannabe, Black to the Future, Deadly in Pink, and Burning Blue.
- Vegeta's reaction to Trunks' new blue hair.Vegeta: You think you're f—king smart?! I've become Super Saiyan Blue and you just dye your goddamn hair?! I'LL SLAP YOUR SHIT, BOY!
- The entire conversation between Goku and Black Goku:Black Goku: You're good Goku. And I'm Black Goku. Goody-goody two shoes. Goody-goody two—
Goku: You're not black.
Black Goku: (confused) Huh?
Goku: You're, like, white. Or Asian. Or whatever we are, I dunno.
Black Goku: You're taking it too literally. Or not literally enough?
Goku: I'm just saying, I expected Black Goku. [image of a dark-skinned Black Goku with an afro] And what I got was Dark Goku. Nega Goku. Ukog.
Black Goku: You done?
Goku: Goku is the new black. (gets punched in the stomach)[[note]]Personally, we prefer Blackarrot.
- When Goku Black stabs Vegeta:
- Finale to the Zamasu fight + G Gundam. It fits a little too well... Doubles as a Moment of Awesome.Trunks: The future... the future is burning blue! THIS SWORD OF MINE BURNS WITH AN AWESOME POWER!!
- Goku and Vegeta receive "Fight Counseling" from Whis. It's played like marriage counseling and it is HILARIOUS.
- As a commenter put it:Timothy Davis: I don't know what's more ridiculous, the fact that Goku's a worse husband to Vegeta than he is to Chichi, or that he's more willing to go to counseling with him than he is with Chichi.
- Goku hiring Hit to kill him being played like a man cheating on his wife by hiring a prostitute.
- The implication that Goku and Piccolo went through a similar thing when Vegeta came along. And allegedly, Piccolo wasn't nearly as jealous.
- As a commenter put it:
- "Pineapple Pizza": Goku, Beerus, and Whis talking pizza after some training. Turns out Beerus isn't fond of the concept of pineapple on pizza.Beerus: "Hawaiian"? I'm unfamiliar with that variety of pizza.
Goku: Ooooh, it's so good! It's ham and pineapple.
Beerus: (beat) Excuse you and your entire race?!
Goku: Ham and pineapple.
Beerus: That is disgusting. Why would you ruin perfectly good pizza with pineapple?
Goku: What!? Nah, it's the best! It just plays so well with the ham and the tomato —
Beerus: IT'S AN ABOMINATION! And I now believe Zamasu did nothing wrong. Why would you put sweet and juicy fruit on top of a salty, delicious pizza?
Whis: Well to be fair, Lord Beerus, tomato is a fruit.
Beerus: Don't you play Dabura's advocate here, Whis! Lest you suggest we start filling calzones with raspberry jam.
Goku: (awed) That sounds delicious.
Beerus: (grabs Goku by the face) Of course you'd say that! I'm an epicurean. You wolf down Big Macs like Tic-Tacs!
Goku: Oooh, I want a burger now. Can we do burgers, instead?
Beerus: (lets go of Goku) Hmmm... now that you mention it, I could blow up a planet for some WhatABurger. No, In-N-Out! NO, SHAKE SHACK!
Whis: I've a preference for Hopdoddy's, personally.
Beerus: I'll take a double-bacon cheeseburger, caramelised onions, lettuce, chipotle mayo, and ketchup! (voice drops menacingly) NO PICKLES.
Goku: And I'll take the same, but with grilled pineapple!
(Beerus' Planet explodes, Whis and Beerus can be seen looking over the destruction)
Beerus: Ah, dammit, I want a fajita plate now. Whis, rewind.
- And now we have Vegeta's Bingo Dance. Summed up in just one line.Krillin: What the hell is Vegeta doing?
- And remember: they did not change anything! This is the closest thing they've done to a straightforward fandub of the source material.
- In the Breakdown for Episode 40, KaiserNeko reveals a cut scene where Krillin has a cocker spaniel's head for his reply to the "cocker spaniel" line.
- KaiserNeko's reasoning in the Breakdown for Episode 44 why one of the football players has a censored head:KaiserNeko: If I remove the mosaic, my video gets taken down for obscene content.
- And during this, there is a "blink and you miss it" moment where he removes it.
- In the Breakdown for Episode 45, Kaiser accidentally gives Mr. Popo Blank White Eyes and starts screaming at the sheer creepiness of it.Kaiser: In this shot, I posted a shot of Gokū from an earlier scene. And moved Mr. Popo's eyes, making a separate laye—
(Popo's pupils disappear)
Kaiser: OH, MY GOD! OH, MY GOD! THAT IS SO MUCH WORSE! THAT IS SO MUCH WORS
(Scene shifts to Kaiser speaking normally about another scene)
- KaiserNeko's breakdown during the
episode breakdown for Cooler 2 about how the movie has so many plot holes and inconsistencies with the canon, as well as horrible artwork and inconsistent key frame animation, leads him to temporarily drop his normal happy-go-lucky speaker voice, and instead repeatedly stating "F*ck this movie!" in an utterly exhausted voice.
- And at the end, he starts gushing at The World's Strongest, and mentions wanting to abridge that as well.
- Kaiser comments that most people think that they got David Eddings, the voice of Claptrap, to do the voice of the Service Droid, but explains that the voice was done by someone named "Lee Rastus", and encourages people to google that name if they wish to know more. Of course, most people who actually tried goggling "Lee Rastus" quickly discovered that it is pseudonym sometime used by David Eddings.
- His reason for Freeza flipping the bird in DBZ Kai Abridged Episode 2I did this because I'm twelve years old...
- According to the History of Trunks Breakdown, the team was that close to actually having Gohan accept Bulma's proposition. And they recorded the lines anyway. Seems Saiyans have similar sex habits. note Future Bulma: Right there, yes, yes, YES—
Future Gohan: (grunting) MASENKO... HAA!!!
(ki blast pierces the roof)
KaiserNeko: (has seen the corpse of Yamcha hanging on the ceiling) Oh Oh, right b-because in this timeline huh
- This is also preceded by his using a bit of quote mining.KaiserNeko: You know that scene where Bulma propositions Gohan for his, uh
Gohan: Mister Gohan would!
- Also from the History of Trunks Breakdown, KaiserNeko wonders why he decided to edit out Yamcha out of both his scenes. And at the moment where he remembers why he did such edits:
- Again from the History of Trunks Breakdown, KaiserNeko's, uh, increasingly hysterical reactions to the length of the breakdown.
- Kaiser letting us know that the moaning sound in TJ and The Wombat's scene was created by the same actress that voiced 18... then doing a montage of clips of 18 making that sound.
- This is also preceded by his using a bit of quote mining.
- Episode 48 Breakdown: "Hey look! It's the KOC!"note
- Episode 50 Breakdown: Kaiser, continuing the joke of Cell's ass talking which he found hilarious, decides to give him a new line. And him switching to the next scene of Tien with a sweatdrop on his face may or may not have been intentional since you can still hear Cell scatting.Skabadebaldbabababababab *suddenly switches to imperfect Cell's voice* I'm a scatman! Skobedelapabababa.
- Early in the breakdown, Kaiser is completely flabbergasted when he realizes that the series has been going on for seven years.
- The Super Android 13 Abridged breakdown has a quick bonus as Kaiser talks about an animation error concerning Trunks's nose. If you look closely at the left side of the screen you can see the image name pop up as "Fix That Fucking Nose.png".
- In the breakdown for Episode 52, KaiserNeko accidentally mispronounces Goku's name as Cuckoo at one point. This mistake is amusing when considering the fact that the previous breakdown began with him talking about some people getting upset over how he usually insists on pronouncing the name as Son Gokūnote because it's more accurate to the original Japanese.
- In the Episode 60 Breakdown (a livestream for Patreon patrons later released on YouTube), Kaiser notes he loved writing SS2 Gohan as "this dark, venomous creature who is just 150% done with everyone's shit."
- He reveals Takahata101 actually recorded a full cover of "Suddenly" by Billy Ocean.
- He says he would've preferred not having to censor the F bombs in Gohan's burn on Vegeta while telling Trunks to pass out the senzu beans.