"That my daughters love ye did win;
Had I been a woman, as I am a man,
My bedfellow ye should hae been."
A male character who is so good-looking and unintentionally charming that he becomes a babe and stud magnet, (the studs being either bisexual or straight). Some of the other characters may question his sexuality and he'll keep them guessing, which results in Ho Yay... unless, of course, he is the love interest.
The only thing that saves him from becoming The Casanova or a harem manager is his complete obliviousness to his power to make women's knees go weak and men's eyes glittery. If he's aware of it, which is more likely if he's the main protagonist, he'll treat it as more of a curse than a blessing and be a staunch Chaste Hero or Celibate Hero; or, if he's Big Boss, he won't really care one way or the other.
Compare the Chick Magnet, which is just attracting the opposite sex. Occasional cause is Dude Looks Like a Lady (if straight guys fall for him because they think he's a girl) or The Dandy, though a polar opposite cause could be his sheer masculine appeal.
Has the Distaff Counterpart of Even the Girls Want Her, and for intersex characters, Everybody Wants the Hermaphrodite. The male form of Head-Turning Beauty and the polar opposite of the Casanova Wannabe. If the male character is wanted only by other male characters despite there also being women present they fall into Only Has Same-Sex Admirers. However, they can also develop into this.
If his "admirers" include much younger characters as well as both sexes, he may be the series' Stacy's Mom.
Can be used quizzically in combination with Eating the Eye Candy and Female Gaze if such work is written, directed or produced by a gay man and it is presented from the perspective of a female character.
- In this Diet Pepsi commercial, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy's Carson Kressley joins Cindy Crawford and all the other women as one of the "hunk with the Diet Pepsi"'s admirers.
- Speaking of soda, when Lil' Sweet delivers a can of Diet Dr. Pepper, everyone in the break room acknowledges his hotness. Even the one male coworker.
- Several comments on the videos for The Man Your Man Could Smell Like indicate that he's something like this. Since he's portrayed as the ideal man, it's not surprising.
- A Ford commercial has a handsome young stud walking to his car wearing nothing but an itty-bitty pair of swim trunks. While most of the people ogling him are women, one man is seen smiling at him and an older gentleman is seen clearly admiring the young man's...assets.
- Batman. He's been romantically involved with multiple women, but also attracts a lot of Foe Romance Subtext with his male enemies.
- Harley and Ivy both think that the Joker only has eyes for Batman (and Harley is in love with the Joker) and the Joker has often professed affection towards Batman (complete with moments of desperate attention-needing). In the macabre Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, which is a canon Batman comic, Joker slaps Batman on the butt and continually hits on him throughout the comic. The pages are lined with homoerotic content and an unnatural level of sexual tension. Several canon Batman comics have the Joker professing a sexual fascination with Batman, to nightmarish extents. This extends across some adaptions. He outright says Batman has a cute little ass in Arkham video games.
- In Death of the Family, Batman has an internal monologue about how the Joker's eyes never change, never revealing anything about his thoughts or emotions. Except for love for Batman.
- In Shortpacked! it's mentioned "Even straight dudes dig Batman. He's fair game, like Harrison Ford."
- Bruce's childhood friend-turned-villain Thomas Elliot, who became Hush. He seems to obsessively stalk Bruce and even got plastic surgery to look like Bruce, as well as directing crazed ex-girlfriend-esque slurs towards Bruces lovers. Some of his lines exemplify it even more:
Hush: But never fear, Bruce.Hush: I won't desert you before the final curtain.Hush: I'm staying here to watch as the heartbeats slow and end.
- Superman and Batman have a lot of Ho Yay with Superman hinted at being Ambiguously Bi partly due to some of his actions towards Batman.
- This can apply to The Riddler as well. The DCAU-based Batman Adventures Vol.2 #11 involved him, having sort-of-reformed, trying to get Batman to match wits with him. One of the clues he left was 'Next time, lives will be at stake'. When Batman tracks him down, he hears screaming, bursts in — and finds the scream came from the lobster the Riddler was cooking for him (along with a steak). It helps that he was wearing a "Kiss the Genius" Apron too.
- Hugo Strange gets plenty of subtext with Batman throughout the years. In the Terror storyline of Legends of the Dark Knight, he is in a "relationship" with a female mannequin wearing lingerie and a cowl like Batman's.
- Scarecrow pretty much has a huge fetish for fear. Batman is the only thing that scares him anymore and so he keeps fighting him so that he can feel that sweet taste of fear once again. There's also a twisted tension to him constantly attempting to break Batman's mind down through fear and expressing a dominant nature in Batman: Arkham Asylum.
- Bane in I Am Suicide is naked for... some reason. And spends a lot of time well inside Batman's personal space.
Bane: (a limp Batman in his arms) Tell me, Batman. Tell me what you... want.
- The comic Batman: Jekyll & Hyde has moments such as Two-face tenderly caressing Batman's cheek◊.
- In Black Panther by Christopher Priest (comics), Namor shows up in his usual attire, which combined with having apparently just come out of a body of water and being soaking wet, causes resident This Loser Is You sidekick Everett K. Ross to narrate: "...homina... homina..."
- For obvious reasons, nearly every guy in the Marvel universe is gay for Captain America. Especially Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Deadpool.
- Akihiko/Daken in Marvel Comics. Again, justified due to the guy's powers: he has Smells Sexy pheromone-related ones that allow him to alter emotions and perceptions in other people, thus making women and men want him. And even more: Daken himself is a Depraved Bisexual. It is notable that Daken's appeal is exclusively a function of his pheromones, rather than any kind of general attractiveness. Hulkling of the Young Avengers, despite being gay, is entirely unaffected because he is not a human. He is also fully aware that Daken is trying to influence him with his pheromone powers.
- Gambit is very much this. He can even charm men. For a while, one of Remy's powers was hypnotic charm, which let him try swaying any sentient being of any gender to his side but that has been changed. This "power" is no longer mentioned, and it's heavily implied that he is just that charming.
- Tony Stark. Even the male supervillains want him. (Hell, the first Crimson Dynamo defected and then died for him.) Here, have a (terrifying) canon example:
- Even his armor fell in love with him.
- Loki, particularly Loki: Agent of Asgard who, like his mythological counterpart, is a shapeshifter. When he dies, he's resurrected as a child and joins the Young Avengers, no one really notices, but when he's magically aged up, the first reaction is: "Okay. Now he looks like trouble!" It's implied that Fandral has a thing for him, and at one point, when Sigurd, The Ever Glorious tells Loki and Verity that he'll make up for his actions via dinner and possibly more, neither of them know to whom it's directed (it's hinted to be both). During Axis, his Avengers call-sign is "Pretty Boy," given to him by Sabertooth of all people.
- Nightwing. Even without the most recent example—where Midnighter correctly identifies him solely by his ass alone—there have been years of throwaway lines from Dick's male Teen Titans teammates, male Bat-allies, and male nemeses commenting on his looks (not to mention a line of dark, broody Batman expats who have repeatedly stated their intentions to make him their "partner", whatever that entails). Out-of-universe, we have Batman writers and DC editors admitting to Dick Grayson's intolerable hotness.
- Spider-Man. He's a Chick Magnet and his enemy Chameleon once told him he loves him, right before jumping off a bridge. Also, Electro visits a shape-shifting prostitute in the Marvel Knights series, and it's strongly implied he wants her to transform into Spider-Man for him. Then there's the symbiote and therefore Eddie Brock acting like a Yandere to him. Also, Norman gets one-sided subtext with Peter/Spidey and during the "Return of the Green Goblin" arc of Ultimate Spider-Man, we get to look at things through Norman's eyes during a conversation with Spider-Man. The voices in his head tell him things like "kill him" "skin him" "burn him" and "kiss him". Another issue had the titular hero go headfirst through the windshield of a car where one male police officer is commenting about Spider-Man's form-fitting costume to his male partner. After a beat panel, the first officer points out Spider-Man's toned butt. Deadpool also has much Ho Yay towards Spiderman to a one-sided degree. Also, Gabe of Penny Arcade has recurring dreams of being saved by Spider-Man. Gabe, uh, is a little more happy than you might expect. A later comic gets even more intimate.
- An issue of Fantastic Four showed Johnny Storm sleeping in his bedroom, which is adorned with Spider-Man merchandise. In particular, he's cuddling a Spider-Man doll. Then there was the time Johnny and Spidey became roommates. Johnny cooked Peter breakfast wearing nothing but boxers and a frilly apron and generally acts like a jealous housewife. In the Ultimate Universe, Johnny Storm ends up once dating Jessica Drew, then the Ultimate Spider-Woman (now the new Ultimate Black Widow), who in this world is a clone of Peter Parker, including memories and personality, but in a female body. The original Peter is pretty horrified by this.
- One issue of Star Wars (Marvel 1977) introduces the Zeltrons, a species who are attracted to Force-sensitives. So when Luke Skywalker is on Zeltros, he naturally gets a legion of fangirls - and one fanboy.
- Longshot in Ultimate X-Men charms a (later proved) gay Colossus, and in X-Factor, Detective Lieutenant Weiss is clearly smitten and insists on being called by his first name...Leslie.
- Codex Equus: It's implied that this happened to Emperor Golden Scepter in the past, as he slept with both male and female partners before the "Twilight of the Alicorns". Golden Scepter also attracted Temnobog, who thinks that he's "incredibly handsome" despite his vast age, and has considered bedding the Radiant Emperor at one point. However, Temnobog has refused to act on his basic urges because doing so will not only irrevocably ruin his friendship with Golden Scepter, but also make him appear no different than the followers of "careless/destructive" Evil that he hates, thus proving to Irminsul that he's no better than the Evils that must be destroyed to benefit mortal Deerkind.
- In the Jem oneshot Glitter Reunion, Riot's son Raoul inherited his dad's good looks and charisma. He has many fangirls and fanboys.
- As only a sophomore in high school, Jean-Paul (Northstar) is this in the X-Men fanfic Mutatis Mutandis by Artemis's Liege, catching the eye of two upperclassmen and apparently initiating an affair with his combat instructor Wolverine, all seemingly straight.
- Harry Potter is a major Launcher of a Thousand Ships so in slash fics featuring him he's this most of the time. Particularly in Northort Academy Chronicles by Crystal Ice Sweet on fanfiction.net. It's lampshaded in the fic with Francois (who's also in love with Harry) muttering jealously at David, their flight attendant's behavior around Harry, "Geez, what is it with you and barely legal twinks? You're like catnip to him."
- Ash in Pokémon Reset Bloodlines has attracted the attention of many a girl in both the canon and rebooted timeline, but in Chapter 36, even a few guys try to approach him. Pikachu implies this was the case even in the previous timeline, though the author chose not to specify who.
- In Stallions Of Harmony, Shining Armor's former roommate is asked if he is gay. The roommate's response: "I wish."
- Also, Twilight mentions that Shining always said the guys sent him fake love letters. Since Shining Armor is Oblivious to Love in this universe, those letters were probably sincere, including the ones that were not written by mares...
- Naruto and Sasuke get this in slash fics sometimes when paired with each other or with other guys. The Taste Of Your Lips is an example of other guys wanting Sasuke and Sasuke in turn wanting Naruto.
- Weiss Reacts: Jaune, much to his irritation. Sun also exudes this aura.
- The Awakening of a Magus has Draco make a note to that effect as he watches the He's All Grown Up Harry exercising in the gym.
- In Opalescent, Otto not only has the girls on his heels, but he also has the boys on his heels as well. However, Ships Ahoy! shows that most girls are into Otto because he's hot, and not for his true personality.
- Infinity Train: Seeker of Crocus has The Figure (the leader of Elipzo and thus the Big Bad) comment on a picture of Augustine Sycamore and calls him majestic.
- Played for Drama in ''Swordsmen, as men just won't stop harassing Kenshin over his fine-boned, girlish beauty when he's extremely straight and devoted to his bride. It's strongly hinted Depraved Bisexual Marshall tried to become his friend in order to seduce and later molest him.
- Back to the Outback: Throughout the film, Nigel the scorpion is shown to REALLY like Pretty Boy the koala since he's so cute, even asking at one point if he could wipe his butt on his body.
Nigel: Can I wipe my bottom with your fur?Pretty Boy: *confused* What!?
- In Another Cinderella Story, Joey Parker sets up a booth to find the masked girl he met at the dance. A few boys get in the line.
- The titular Austin Powers is already quite the Chick Magnet but also is attractive to two guys. One kisses him and the other was way too interested in watching him dance provocatively in just his underwear.
- The screenplay for Beach Babes 2: Cave Girl Island was written by Mark Michelini and was directed by former gay porn star David DeCoteau. The 3 male costars play primitive stud muffins who wear only loincloths. One of them, Rock, is played by Stephan Galio, who is also a Playgirl centerfold. Sola (Tina Hollimon) says about Rock, "You know, for a primitive, he's got a great ass!"
- A pair of lyrics from Gaston's Villain Song (sung by his biggest fanboy LeFou) in Beauty and the Beast sound...interesting:
For there's no man in town half as manly!
Perfect, a pure paragon!
You can ask any Tom, Dick, or Stanley,
And they'd tell you whose team they'd prefer to be on!
- Blades of Glory "You mean the blonde chick's a dude? Aw man..."
- Jeffrey Beaumont of Blue Velvet. Frank Booth is a Depraved Bisexual who takes the hero out, covers his mouth with lipstick and kisses him while calling him pretty (the original four-hour-long script also implied pretty heavily that he raped him). And after all that, when he's chasing him to the woman's apartment, he threatens him with rape again and is still calling him pretty.
- In The Book of Life, Joaquin is described multiple times as 'The Beautiful Hero' by Chakal's second-in-command.
- Camp (2003): When Vlad enters his room to unpack, he is totally oblivious to the fact that everyone is fixated with him. "Everyone" would be four guys and a girl. After watching while Vlad unpacks his stuff, to try and determine whether he's straight or gay, the girl comes up with the following idea:
Ellen: Thirty foot rule?
Spitzer: What's that?
Ellen: Means Michael has to stay thirty feet away from him until we find out if he's straight or gay.
- Of course, Michael doesn't stay away and we end up with a really weird love triangle and then some...
- Louis Renault's description of Rick Blaine in Casablanca: "If I were a lady, and I were not around, I should be in love with Rick." Just about every man OR woman with more than two minutes of screen time gets at least some Ho Yay, or plain ol' straight Ship Tease with Rick.
- Jimmy in Cursed. Bo the wrestler comes out of the closet to Jimmy because he has a crush on him due to his "unnatural sexual allure".
- Dorian in the 2009 film Dorian Gray. There is literally no one who can't be persuaded to screw him, regardless of gender. And age. And flight instinct. (You halfway expect James Vane to give it a go.)
- Fight Club: The Narrator clearly has conflicting feelings about Angel Face. In one scene, in his Tyler persona, he kisses Angel Face on the mouth, accompanied by a voice-over line about jealousy. Later, as the Narrator, he beats Angel Face to a pulp, remarking, "I felt like destroying something beautiful."
- Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle: At least two guys show some attraction to Kumar in the first film; an old man in the hospital tries to hold his hand, and one of the medics is obviously infatuated.
- Mullet Fingers in the film version of Hoot. Roy Eberhardt seems to have a borderline-homosexual fixation with Mullet Fingers, despite the story making it quite clear he is straight. Roger Ebert went so far as to invoke Brokeback Mountain in his review of the film.
- Hunky Dory: When Viv, a drama teacher, praises the angelic singing voice of her student Davy, Tim replies, "Yeah, and such dreamy eyes."
- Marvel Cinematic Universe
- As apropos of a franchise chock full of ridiculously good-looking guys, several of the MCU men qualify for this descriptor, but the most prominent example is Captain America, who goes through every movie appearance being ogled by high-ranking male SHIELD agents, male Apple employees, male international terrorists, Ant-Man, etc.
- Thor: Ragnarok: Thor and Loki catch the eye of the Grandmaster, who is a Depraved Bisexual.
- Avengers: Infinity War: Thor is admiringly called a "handsome, muscular man" by Drax, who is literal and honest to a degree uncomfortable for most people.
- Avengers: Endgame: When the Avengers go back in time, Tony and Scott do a Male Gaze on Past!Cap's ass, with Scott remarking, "As far as I'm concerned, that is America's ass!" Later serves as a Brick Joke when Cap ends up fighting himself, and he looks at himself remarking, "That is America's ass!"
- David Bowie's character Jack Celliers in the film Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence has this effect on the Japanese POW commandant Captain Yonoi, due to his evident heroic qualities and respectable integrity. The entire plot of the movie is actually driven by this instance of distanced man-love.
- Mac in Neighbors (2014), upon seeing Teddy for the first time, says that Teddy is the sexiest guy he's ever seen.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Everyone Is Bi for Dr. Frank N Furter. Also Frank has made overtures towards Brad and slept with him and has great love towards Rocky.
- Shortcut to Happiness: After his Deal with the Devil, Stone finds women lusting after him. At his book launch, he notices one of the male waiters eying him suggestively.
- Didier from Son of Rambow is just that hot, enough to have a faithful posse of boys as well as girls.
- In Step Brothers, both Brennan and Dale said they would sleep with John Stamos if they were a chick.
- 10 Things I Hate About You director Gil Junger, after Heath Ledger finished the reading and left, declared that if he had to have sex with a man, that Ledger would be that man.
- Brad Pitt as Achilles in Troy: in-universe example. (Of course, the Greeks were known for being a very gay-friendly society — see Mythology below.)
- Velvet Goldmine: In addition to his wife and devoted female assistant, Brian Slade/Maxwell Demon insinuates his way into the hearts (and in some cases beds) of his manager Cecil, fellow rocker Curt, groupie-wannabe Arthur, and briefly his stylistic progenitor Jack Fairy. He breaks them all. Jonathan Rhys Meyers was once named the "Hottest Straight Guy We Wish Was Gay" by OUT Magazine.
- Scott Nash in Where the Boys Are '84 which is about four college coeds going to Ft. Lauderdale during spring break to sow their wild oats (as described in more detail by Movie Lovers Review). This film was produced by Allan Carr who was openly gay, the screenplay was written by Stu Krieger and Jeff Burkhart and directed by Hy Averback. Carr personally fleshed out the backgrounds with personally inspected buff boys. Glendon Swarthout's official website says that it almost became "the first gay beach picture".
- X-Men Film Series
- X-Men: First Class:
- Even though they've only known each other for a couple of days, the oh-so-serious Erik Lehnsherr feels comfortable enough around the charming Dr. Charles Xavier that he calls the telepath "adorable" when the latter tries the Cerebro machine for the first time. In the entire X-Men movie franchise, the dour Magneto never teases another male character for his cuteness, which goes to show how unique his affection for Professor X is. If you include Michael Fassbender's comments that Erik finds Charles to be "very endearing, and he was charmed by this man," then Lehnsherr considers Xavier to be a cutie pie inside and out.
- In this deleted scene, Charles projects an image of Erik wearing make-up, with a ginger wig, dressed in a sparkly blue miniskirt, fishnet stockings, and go-go boots. When Erik wonders why Angel is giggling, Charles' response is a cheeky, "You've never looked more beautiful, darling."
- Deadpool (2016):
- During the end credits, an animated Deadpool looks at the "Starring" list and gets a huge boner for Ajax's actor, Ed Skrein, excitedly exclaiming that "He's the hottest!"
- In a disturbing scene, Wade Wilson is tied up while Ajax prepares to torture him. Ajax flirts with him and says he's going to silence Wade's "pretty mouth."
- X-Men: First Class:
- As his name might suggest, Gorgeous Freeman from the series of the same name has yet to meet anyone, man or woman, who didn't find him irresistably sexy. In fact, the men tend to be more attracted to him.
- The Breaker:
- Shi Woon is already a Chick Magnet but also gets some male attention. Hyuk So Chun seems to be rather... fascinated with Shi Woon after their fight. The second time he sees him, we are treated the image of Hyuk gripping his chest over his heart and a few stronger heartbeats. If there were any doubts.
"That boy was the first to make my heart race like that time..."
- There's also Mamungi, who has called Shi Woon cute ever since they met.
- This page has Chun Woo asking if Shi Woon is his girlfriend.
- Shi Woon's "fight" against the S.U.C. in 77 provokes some strange feelings in Yang Yong-Hyun.
- Shi Woon is already a Chick Magnet but also gets some male attention. Hyuk So Chun seems to be rather... fascinated with Shi Woon after their fight. The second time he sees him, we are treated the image of Hyuk gripping his chest over his heart and a few stronger heartbeats. If there were any doubts.
- Noblesse features Rai, the absolutely gorgeous badass Chick Magnet and Dude Magnet. In particular, Shinwoo seems to think he's pretty hot.
- Gray Yeon from Weak Hero is a Bishōnen whose good looks have been pointed out by multiple male characters- including his friends Eugene and Alex, who have repeatedly found themselves blushing over how beautiful and cool Gray is.
- Jimin of BTS has caused this for many a straight men, to the point that "the Jimin effect" is an actual phrase in Urban Dictionary.
- David Bowie. The world is full of straight men who say "it's okay because it's Bowie". The man had this so much he was practically a sexual orientation unto himself (gay, straight, bi, Bowie).
- The artists in the New Romantic genre OWN this trope, particularly Duran Duran and Japan.
- Both Matthew Bellamy and Dominic Howard of Muse.
- A traditional English folk song (Child Ballad #100; it has many variations with different names, among them "John Barbour", "Tom the Barber", and "Willie O'Winsbury"), about a king's daughter who falls for a sailor and the king's disapproval, contains the following lines, where the king changes his mind:
Then he called his sailors all/By one, by two, by three
John Barbour was the first he called/But the last came down was he.
When he came a dancing down,/He was clothed all in white
His cheeks were like the roses red/And his teeth were ivory bright.
He paid their wages with a smile/And to John Barbour he did say
If I was a woman as I am a man/My bedfellow you would be.
- There is a song by the English band Federal Drugs Administration, "Rampant Russell", where the singer complains about how unfair it is that he's the ONLY one who hasn't slept with Russell Brand. He ends the song with "And I'm not even gay!"
- Mike Patton of Faith No More fame inspires lust in both his female and male fans.
- Queen's Freddie Mercury, mainly in the '70s. But some also find his '80s appearance hot...amplified by the fact that he was bisexual.
- Peter Steele of Type O Negative. Amplified by the fact that he posed naked for Playgirl. It got to the point where he wrote a Type O Negative song titled "I Like Goils" as a response to all of his male admirers.
- Justin Bieber, whose slightly androgynous, Pretty Boy appearance has attracted some men in addition to women.
- Garbage's song "Cherry Lips:"
"With your cherry lips and golden curls
You could make grown men gasp when you go walking past
And in your hot pants and high heels
Why they could not believe that such a body was for real
It seems like rainbows would appear
Whenever you came near the clouds would disappear
Because you look just like a girl
Your baby blues would flash and suddenly a spell was cast..."
- Subverted in Jay-Z's "Run This Town" (Kanye West's rap):
"It's crazy how you can go from being Joe Blow
...To everybody on your dick...no homo"
- Japanese musician Gackt has gone on many a TV show hosted by men, only to have them remark how beautiful they find him and how good he smells. The most extreme example was a show he did in 2009 where there were about six interviewers, all male, and every single one of them commented on his sex appeal. One went as far as to say that if Gackt kissed him, he would gladly have sex with the guy.
- Syd Barrett◊ back in his Pink Floyd days. A much younger David Gilmour◊ would also apply, thanks to his Long-Haired Pretty Boy looks that easily gets him mistaken for a woman.
- Elvis Presley. One colleague said, "I'm straight as an arrow and I got to tell you, you stop, whether you're male or female, to look at him. He was that good looking."
- Franz Ferdinand has "Michael".
- Adam Levine. Black Shelton, his fellow coach on the The Voice has gone as far as saying that he has a crush on Adam.
- In a teaser trailer for season 18 of The Voice, even Blake appears to be crushing on Nick Jonas as much as Kelly Clarkson is. When they both reveal how obsessed the other is with Jonas, Hilarity Ensues.
- "Dibs" by Kelsea Ballerini contains the lines "I know everybody wants you" and "Make everybody jealous".
- Probably Older Than Steam example - in "Willie O'Winsbury", the title character. The song starts with the king coming home from being imprisoned in Spain, finding his daughter Janet pregnant and Willie, father of the child, missing. At first, he wants to get Willie executed for this, but when the boy is finally found, the king is stunned by his beauty, leading to the immortal verse
"And it is no wonder" said the king
That my daughter's love you did win
For if I were a woman as I am a man
My bedfellow you would've been
- A common theme in the music of Eminem, fitting the homophobic shock humour and Em's general habit of making very weird flexes.
- On The Slim Shady LP, one of the skits is a call purportedly from a Depraved Homosexual called Ken Kaniff who offers to do various sex stuff with Eminem, making Em corpse. Ken turns up again on The Marshall Mathers LP recieving an extremely silly-sounding blowjob from both members of Insane Clown Posse, until they Wrong Name Outburst "Eminem". While not up for sex with him, Slim seems to be on good terms with Ken, with Slim describing him as a 'friend' in several songs.
- In "Stan", Stan's in love with Slim and thinks they 'should be together'.
- In "Medicine Ball" on Relapse, Slim's able to find gay men to murder by tantalising and seducing them.
- What Could Have Been: In "My Name Is", Slim Shady would have been down to have sex with his paedophilic English teacher if he hadn't been a guy, so he instead attacks him with classroom stationery. However, this line was removed from the song as Labi Siffre's condition for clearing the sample, so instead Slim's teacher just keeps him Held Back in School another year of Slim's adulthood.
- In "Can I Bitch", he accuses Canibus - who'd just released an album in which he rapped in character as Stan - of being in love with him, like Stan was. ("Wait! That's not an 'e', that's an 'a'. This dude wants to give me a massage, he's gay!")
- In "Killshot", a lot of the song is about the idea that Machine Gun Kelly is sucking his dick. (His mouth is too occupied with it to rap properly.)
- Older Than Feudalism: In Greek Mythology, young men are considered suitable sex objects for mature men. For instance, the Spartan prince Hyacinthos was so handsome and athletic that both the wind god Zephyrus and the god Apollo (one of the biggest Casanovas in the Greek pantheon — after Zeus, that is) had HUGE Stupid Sexy Flanders over him and fought over his attention. With deadly consequences for the poor guy: thanks to Zephyrus, he got his skull opened with a flying discus for choosing Apollo. OUCH. Well, at least Apollo used Hyacinthos' blood to create the hyacinth flower, so...
- Alcyoneus was set to be a human sacrifice to the local drakaina, Sybaris to leave Delphi alone, but demigod Eurybarus, a total stranger that was simply fated to come that way, had such Love at First Sight for the youth that upon learning the situation, immediately switched places and slew the monster.
- The Nala episode of The Mahabharata opens with a lengthy description of Nala's virtues, including the fact that he was "desired by both men and women."
- Loki, of Norse Mythology, likes to crossdress and turn into females from different species now and then. He once seduced a horse to prevent it from helping a giant take over Asgard.
- The biblical Joseph. According to the commentaries (but not the actual Bible.) Everybody knows about Potiphar's wife, but did you know that one of Potiphar's motives for buying Joseph was Joseph's astounding good looks? Luckily, before anything could happen the angel Gabriel castrated Potiphar.
- Joseph's beauty is a big deal in various mystical Islamic traditions. In Sufism, Joseph is basically the epitome of male beauty.
- Peter North has both male and female fans. He also stared in gay porno films as Matt Ramsey.
- Any guy who's posed nude in Playgirl. Even though many of its readers are women, former editor Michelle Zipp admitted that the magazine attracts much gay male readership. Their spokesman, Daniel Nardico said that the magazine appeals to both men and women. While its Distaff Counterpart, Playboy says "Entertainment for Men" on the cover, Playgirl says "Entertainment for Everyone" on its cover.
- AJ Styles attracts women without even trying, and at Ring of Honor's All-Star Extravaganza VI a fan spontaneously kissed the back of AJ's head, despite it being full of hair, after he defeated Adam Cole.
- Panama City Playboy himself Adam Cole is the sexiest thing in professional wrestling. He not only intimates women like Su Yung with his sexiness but also enrages to the totally straight Kevin Steen, who can't help but acknowledge it. He was also open mouth kissed by Jimmy Jacobs, who until then had only shown sexual interest in women.
- GURPS allows the enhancement Universal to be added to various levels of Appearance making it so that not only do the guy and girl like you but anything sentient will find you attractive.
- The dark splatterpunk roleplaying game KULT features a bunch of disadvantages and curses for Player Characters, among which is the flaw "Sexy" (with the prerequisite that the character needs to have a high Charisma score before the player can select it). Any character having this disadvantage exudes massive sexual magnetism, which transcends cultural norms, gender or sexual orientation. As the rulebook puts it, the character will have to live with the fact that anyone he or she meets will not listen to a word (s)he says but stare at his/her ass, crotch or breasts (respectively) and launch a massive seduction attempt, whether the character wants to have sex or not. Of course, this being KULT, "seduction attempt" can easily mean groping or rape. In fact, it doesn't matter if the character is chaste like a saint or a shameless rake, (s)he is still fresh meat on the market, figuratively speaking.
- You don't want to know what happens when "fresh meat" is meant literally. "Cannibalism" is another flaw entirely.
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney: Both rock 'n' roll Prosecutor Klavier Gavin and Apollo Justice, seem to attract quite a bit of attention from men and women alike, particularly Klavier who Apollo even admits is "dazzling" and says he'll "wipe that smile off your pretty face, Gavin", whereas Apollo seems to attract the attention of Klavier to the point Klavier's sexual orientation could be questioned particularly in Case 2 of the game and the Japanese Only Quiz DLC for Dual Destinies where Klavier admits he's never felt this way towards a man before, and the DLC Quiz has plenty of friendly jabs at both Apollo and Klavier's orientation, even more so than Phoenix and Edgeworth. Also if you examine the detention center guard in Case 4 of Apollo Justice, Apollo notes he is winking at him.
- Beyond Eden's protagonist Alex Wake inspires this in every one of his "love" interests (revenge targets), regardless of what orientation they'd had. His paramours include a previously "ladies-only" Frenchman, an old divorced doctor who'd only ever considered sex with his wife, two emotionally repressed noblemen with little experience with sexuality, and only one explicitly gay man (a butler).
- Blessing of the Campanella: Leicester. Even Golem blushes around him.
- Shirou Emiya from Fate/stay night. Issei "Blushes Like Mad Whenever Shirou So Much As Looks At Him Funny" Ryudou has a fairly obvious crush on him.
- In Fate/hollow ataraxia, there's a scene where Issei and Shinji Matou pretty much squabble like children for Shirou's attention.
- Hatoful Boyfriend takes place at an all-bird boys' school. According to the drama CDs and the official manga, this does not stop Yuuya Sakazaki from receiving love letters and seeds on Legumentine's Day (the bird equivalent of Valentine's). He even comments on his popularity with the guys in a cutscene when he finds Ryouta and Sakuya talking about him; Sakuya is his brother.
- Keiichi of Higurashi: When They Cry has a few members of his group of female friends attracted to him. Also, when he demonstrated to a male baseball player his badass K persona the baseball player is shown making a face that looks similar to a G-rated orgasm while blushing and screaming "K!" while kneeling and reaching after a retreating Keiichi.
- Hatate of Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara is a Chick Magnet and Megumu develops a crush on him as well.
- Love, Election & Chocolate: Yuuki is a Chick Magnet and Oboro has a blatant crush on him.
- Riki and Kyousuke of Little Busters!. For example, Riki looks up to Kyousuke a huge amount, to the point of describing him mentally in almost poetic terms worthy of a lovestruck shoujo heroine — in one of the first scenes, he says he totally understands why people come from across the school to watch Kyousuke (in the anime, why girls come to watch him), and that when he reads manga he looks 'divine'. Also, Kyousuke is once shown making ambiguous sexual/romantic comments to Riki.
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
- Hachiman has Totsuka show a large amount of affection towards him.
- Totsuka is so cute that in Episode 13 of the anime he incapacitates several other boys. Also, Hachiman doesn't seem to mind getting Ho Yay with him.
- Yeonho from Nameless has a notable scene where admirers of his Moe are crowding around, girl and guy. Although he doesn't stay like this throughout the whole route.
- Kousaku is a Chick Magnet and in No Rin has attracted the attention of Rose who succeeds in tricking Kousaku to play the Pocky Game with him in order to kiss him.
- Ookami Kakushi: Hiroshi Kuzumi. Just ask Issei, who stalks and tries to molest Hiroshi a few times.
- School Days: Makoto is even more of a Chick Magnet (and his worse traits are toned down, thank God) in the OAV. LOL, Taisuke!
- And Yuuki from Cross Days.
- It is an ironclad fact in Steins;Gate that everyone has a thing for Luka Urushibara. Everyone◊
- In one episode Daru states about Luka in drag "Balls or not man, I would so hit that."
- Okabe. It is hinted that Luka does have romantic feelings for him.
- In Yearning: A Gay Story, James' good looks are commented on by virtually every character who meets him, including Dan who claims that every single girl and non-straight guy on campus has a crush on James. Even the player character's straight friend Adam admits when pressed by Carlos that if he were into men, James would be high up on his list.
- In one Bittersweet Candy Bowl episode, Paulo declares to a group of Mike's female admirers that Mike plays for the other team. Cue Mike's male fansquad.
- Though most of the characters in Blur the Lines are already gay, one of the main character's straight friends would go for Brad Pitt.
- Boy Meets Boy: Skids. As in, girls want him, gays want him, bisexuals want him, and his best friend who's otherwise heterosexual wants him.
- In Commander Kitty, CK's exploits have made him so famous that even the Cat President is smitten with him. Of course, this is all just a dream.
- El Goonish Shive:
- Tedd without his Opaque Nerd Glasses occasionally runs into this... and just thinking about it tends to weird him out.
- Noah has, apparently, "been told [he] could make straight men see rainbows".
- One strip of Exterminatus Now was basically Lothar confessing his man-crush on Ron Perlman.
- Hark! A Vagrant gives us Ooh, Mr. Darcy. "Meanwhile in a 20-mile radius of this event: Bodices ripping, men turning gay."
- In Homestuck, every single member of Jake English's circle of friends has a crush on him, including the other boy, and (sort of) his AI duplicate. Justified in that the other boy is, in fact, gay. Deconstructed a little later on. Because all of his friends have a thing for him, there isn't a single person he can go to to talk about any of this (until Jane accidentally and inaccurately tells him she doesn't have a thing for him, anyway), he's constantly having to tip-toe around sensitive subjects without letting anyone else find out what anyone else feels or that he knows about it, often questions whether it's even true in the first place or he's all just egotistically imagining it, and is showing signs of wanting to get together with one of them partly because he feels guilty about rejecting everyone.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Rr: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha R'r took the Viewer Gender Confusion of Yuuno to its logical conclusion. While he's not very lucky with the ladies, he's incredibly popular with the guys◊ even before he got smacked with a Gender Bender.
- Ménage à 3 and its spinoff, Sticky Dilly Buns:
- Dillon is the primary candidate:
- Seeing him dressed up as Black Canary or porn star Amber-Amber is often distracting for men; he can certainly attract a certain amount of passing straight male interest when he's in drag, and male readers are often prepared to agree that this is plausible.
- Impersonating Amber-Amber (Gary's favorite porn star) even got Gary to make out with him under the pretense of Dillon helping Gary learn how to do it right, albeit to no apparent lasting effect on Gary's sexuality or attitude to Dillon.
- Dillon has claimed to have "turned" several straight guys in the past with his Swirly-Go-Round kissing technique. However, after Ruby extracted some details from him, she pointed out that it was much more likely that they were bisexual or gay, but either in denial or using this claim as a way to brush Dillon off.
- Dillon has also kissed his old crush Ray who thinks about how "hot" it was despite being straight and considers that he might be "a little bi". When Dillon reveals that he's gay and imagines Amber as Chris Hemsworth as Thor when he kisses her Ray admits "Any straight man could agree he's handsome."
- It continues when a grown-up Julian, whom Dillon babysat when he was younger, shows up to confess that he has a crush on Dillon. He also ends up becoming an Official Couple with the male Jerzy, complete with sex and promises of marriage.
- Gary has attracted numerous girls with his good looks, geeky Nice Guy status as well as his skill with the Swirly-Go-Round oral sex technique. He's also attracted Dillon (gay) and Matt (bisexual) imagines his sexual partner with Gary's head, has thought about having sex with him and is willing to engage in a foursome with him. He's even managed to have Yuki, who's a lesbian, make an exception for him. Also, James who's straight mentioned he wouldn't mind getting oral sex from Gary and thought about him while having sex with Tracy. Also when Gary Grew a Spine during a talk with James and Tracy, James got horny, dreamily calling Gary What a man! and tried to get him to date him.
- Dillon is the primary candidate:
- Marius from My Life In Blue is an androgynously handsome trans guy with admirers of all sexes and sexual orientations. He tends to get annoyed when lesbians hit on him, though. Alex also has the habit of making people question their sexuality in his presence.
- The human form of Artie from Narbonic achieves this status, as Dave is forced to admit.
- The artist of Niels drew this strip specifically to rebuff accusations of the title character being this, pointing out that 300's flirting with Niels probably isn't something a straight man would do.
- The Elven King Tegretol in Our Little Adventure seems this way with all of the Elves in his castle. It's also implied many of his admirers have been with him as well.
- Variant in Penny and Aggie, where no less than two lesbians (admittedly, both pre-coming-out at the time) crush badly on Marshall.
- In this Questionable Content, Marten is just as enthusiastic about parts of Sven as the girls are.
- Tip from Skin Horse, by the same author as Narbonic, is so attractive that even male dogs want him. When he himself is turned into a wolf, anyway. Not to mention Gavotte a literal Hive Mind by virtue of being a swarm of bees. Who STILL wants Tip. And now that Skin Horse has been defined as a sequel to Narbonic (to much Squee from... well, all the fans), the natural result is that Tip and Artie meet up.
- Two Sides Sebastian is such this trope that not only has he turned down both sexes asking him out, but it also makes him perfect for cross-dressing to make money on the side as a prostitute and even his own classmate (and eventual boyfriend), Damian didn't recognize him until telling him.
- According to the fans of this video, Completely heterosexual guys were falling in love with Kurt.
- Andre the Black Nerd shows this rather blatantly toward Captain America in his review for Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- In the Brows Held High review of The Devils, even the lesbian Diamanda Hagan swooned at the sight of Oliver Reed in that movie. Oancitizen is terrified by that.
Diamanda: [when asked how she feels about penises] Disgusting! [Oancitizen shows her a picture of Oliver Reed] How can you stand having one of those attached to your... [gasps and faints in delight]Minion: Mistress, are you okay?Diamanda: OLIVER REED!Oancitizen: [stares at the picture in horror] I must only use this power for good.
- Another victim, JesuOtaku, later came out as a transgender man, so now we really can say 'Even The Guys Want Oliver Reed'.
- One Cracked column about scientifically proven ways for men to become more sexually appealing talks about the phenomenon of women liking men who have dogs as pets (the cuter the better), mentioning Bradley Cooper in the process. Since no paraphrase can do this justice, we'll just quote how Curve (the author) starts the second paragraph of this section:
Curve: Science and religion tell us Bradley Cooper is a handsome man and even a straight online comedy writer might want to hold him ever so close because he looks like he wears cologne that smells like chopped wood and would be warm and comforting like grandma's chicken noodle soup poured into a bowl shaped like a man with the most charming and rugged smile you ever swooned over. But if you gave Bradley Cooper an adorable wiener dog, well, now you just have to give up being straight and bed him this instant in an urgent yet gentle and fulfilling way. I mean, I think that's how it works.
- Death Note: The Abridged Series (kpts4tv) has Raye Penber who is "so awesome [he] turns guys bi," and L who Light has a crazy one-sided crush on, and Light has his own Unwanted Harem which includes the likes of Ryuk, Namikawa, Near, and Mikami.
- Donnie DuPre from Demo Reel seems to be a case of only guys wanting him. His wife hates him, a blonde girl who he tries hitting on is completely uninterested, while he and Rebecca share some Ship Tease she's still aiming for Tacoma, and the less said about the yandere daughter the better, but Tacoma, Carl, Uncle Yo, Egoraptor and Quinn all eventually melt under his sad Puppy-Dog Eyes and shameless flirting.
- Furry Fury: Actually more like ONLY the guys want him. Poor Sinku.
- Gavin Free, resident Cloud Cuckoolander of Achievement Hunter fame, to the extent that Michael Jones' wife, Lindsay, joked that while guys have to worry about their girlfriends running off with Gavin, she has to worry about Michael doing it. It's become a running joke to the point that Michael and Gavin got fake married in Minecraft and she objected only because Michael didn't bring up the idea of polygamy. A surprising number of male fans on the forums would hit that if presented with the opportunity, and he once caught the attention of an older male chef during a television shoot that he was a crew member on. One story told on the Rooster Teeth podcast was that an extremely drunk Burnie Burns hallucinated him in an empty chair and started kissing the empty space, much to the amusement of Burnie's fianceé.
- Daichi from Greek Ninja. During the final battle, Creon notes that he's good-looking after seeing him when Sasha saved him from being decapitated. Having said that though, Creon had tried to make a pass on Sasha earlier...
- In If the Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech Device, the only people who are not aroused by the Custodes are the Emperor, Kitten and a couple of Inquisitors, regardless of their gender.
- The Joker Blogs
- As in other versions the Joker makes some suggestive comments suggesting flirting to Batman.
- Tommy Elliot, seems to favor the guys, and is shown as getting many to bed with him in an episode merely by using a flirtatious look.
- Sasuke in Naruto: The Abridged Comedy Fandub Spoof Series Show. Naruto has an obvious crush on him.
- Will Smith, according to both the The Nostalgia Critic and Yahtzee. The former's video review of Independence Day is basically one long love letter to Will Smith interspersed with commentary whenever Will is not on screen.
Nostalgia Critic: [after slapping himself] Boobs! You like boobs!
- From The Nostalgia Chick's review of Kate & Leopold:
Nostalgia Chick: Hugh Jackman. All the women want him. And at least 25% of the men. And the other 75% at least a little.
- Pretty Dudes has this not only with the character Ellington, but in real life as co-stars (of all sexualities) have also publically drooled over Xavier Avila, the actor who plays him.
- Todd in the Shadows feels this way about Usher.
- In A World Less Visible, Gabriel regularly gets stared at by both genders.
Laura : I think the amount of leering going on during his shifts at the dunk tank just proves that Gabriel here makes even straight men question their sexuality. Right?Michaels: NO!Stephan: Little bit. Various side glances. What? Hes pretty.
- Duke Devlin from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series. This is what Joey Wheeler says of Duke: "What does he have that I don't got?... besides the fangirls?... and the pretty hair?... and those gorgeous green eyes?" Duke then reminds Joey about his "sweet ass", and Joey admits, "Yeah, and a sweet ass too! But other than that, he's got nothing."
Male Narrator: Warning: This episode contains copious amounts of Duke Devlin. Women with heart conditions are advised to not look directly at Duke Devlin. This also applies to women without heart conditions; he's very pretty. See? See how pretty he is? He's very pretty. I'd like to run my fingers through his hair, and I'm just a voice.Yami: Mustn't...look...directly at his face...so beautiful! No words to describe it...they should have sent a poet!
Téa: Hey, stop groping my Yugi muffin.Bakura: Bugger off, you had your chance.
- It was even Lampshaded by Duke himself in episode 38: "I know how she feels. Guys are proposing to me all the time!"
Tristan: Duke, I already told you I was joking!
- "Who hasn't had dream sex with Kaiba?"
"You've got good taste in this life just like you did in your last. Must say, he's quite a beauty. You make a cute couple."
- When Kaiba enters the classroom in the second episode of season 0, Yugi says, "He's dreamy!"
- Yami directs Ho Yay towards Yugi in "What Would Yugi Do" and Jack Atlas seems to bear some kind of Ho Yay towards Yugi. He gives us this gem, complete with an uncharacteristically soft voice: "The greatest duelist that ever lived. I love him." And then there's Kaiba's apparent obsession with Yugi. Then during episode 15 between Bakura (not Florence) and Yugi.
- Yami also openly flirts with Yusei.
- Marik and Bakura seem to have some Belligerent Sexual Tension of sorts going on.
- It was even Lampshaded by Duke himself in episode 38: "I know how she feels. Guys are proposing to me all the time!"
- Alcibiades of Athens (450BCE - 404BCE) was a Statesman, Orator, and General. His beauty was so renowned that it afforded him many admirers and lovers among men and women.
- Aaron Burr had two newspapers — both written by men — partially dedicated to ranting about his supposed sexual deviousness. Both included frequent descriptions of how attractive the writers found him, as well as claims that a lot of men felt the same way (and were somewhat upset about it).
- James McAvoy's Pretty Boy looks have been noticed by some men:
- A male journalist from CraveOnline.ca (who is presumably straight) gushes over the actor's attractiveness:
"When James McAvoy stares at himself naked in the mirror (and I think most of us would if we looked like James McAvoy), I have a sneaking suspicion that he scowls. He's such a damned pretty human being, but if you look at his films, he only really seems to get off on playing total bastards. The endangered subconscious of Simon from Trance. The easily corrupted Dr. Garrigan from The Last King of Scotland. Even Professor Charles Xavier seems kind of like a dickbag when James McAvoy gets a hold of him. McAvoy's boyish good looks and playful sleaziness make these scoundrels much more charismatic than they by all rights deserve, and his performance in Filth may be his assholish pièce de résistance."
- Benedict Cumberbatch thinks that James is gorgeous.
"I have wanted to play roles that have gone to much better-looking people than me and you think: 'Oh, well, that's the pin-up guy's part...' for an actor like my friend James McAvoy, who's gorgeous on screen."
- Daniel Radcliffe may have a bit of a man crush on McAvoy:
"I don't view my face as particularly interesting to watch, whereas some actors you can't take your eyes off, like James McAvoy. I think I could watch him read the phone book."
- After complimenting James' "incredible blues" (referring to the actor's expressive eyes), Jon S. Baird then made a Love Confession.
Baird: I love you, James.
James McAvoy: I think I'm going to get lucky tonight.
- After the first two official behind-the-scenes images of Victor Frankenstein were released, several heterosexual guys on Reddit were willing to admit that they find McAvoy attractive.
"McAvoy is lookin' Franken-fine."
"Please be a guy, so I'm not the only one that thinks this, too. Something about that guy. Handsome as all fuck. Yes, I'm jealous."
"Yup same here - Have man crush on him."
"My exact thoughts."
"I'm a straight (as straight as the Kinsey scale allows, anyway) dude, McAvoy is a damn fine looking dude. No shame in admitting that."
"He makes me question my sexuality"
- Fred Savage can't hide his admiration with comments like, "The Last King of Scotland is when I just kind of fell in love you" and "I could listen you talk about anything [...] It's true, it's true! Describe something." James then replies that this is the first time a man has told him he likes listening to the sound of his voice.
- A male journalist from CraveOnline.ca (who is presumably straight) gushes over the actor's attractiveness:
- Sir Michael Redgrave. There is an anecdote that playwright Noël Coward once told Redgrave's wife that he found Redgrave "so irresistibly charming." Redgrave's wife later commented, "I couldn't help but agree."
- Almost every journalist (and a lot of them are straight men) who has interviewed Pierce Brosnan has acknowledged that he's incredibly handsome.
- Apparently, Kevin Bacon. Seriously. Read the comments, especially toward the back. Eventually, we get one of the most fav'd comments: "I'm gay for Kevin Bacon. Oh wait, I'm a girl."
- Zeddie Watkins Little, better known as "Ridiculously Photogenic Guy", is jokingly described this way.
- "Benedict can't be here, sorry ladies... and guys."—Jonny Lee Miller accepting the Olivier Award he shares with Benedict Cumberbatch for Frankenstein.
- Mike Myers, speaking at the AFI Lifetime Achievement tribute to Sean Connery:
"Every woman wanted him and every man wanted to be with him. And there are those men who both wanted him and wanted to be with him. I'll admit, I have a man-crush."
- "Neil Patrick Harris is so manly, only another man could possibly satisfy him."
- Jensen Ackles is admitted to be this by even his co-stars. As Matt Cohen put it:
"He's like Prince. You look him in the eye, and you're definitely gay for a couple of seconds."
- Prince Harry seems to fit this role, if John McCain's comment (seen at 1:10) is any indication.
- George Clooney, as alluded to in this Onion article.
- In her column, Juliette Frette once wrote: "many people enjoy seeing Ryan Reynolds shirtless — namely his female (and male) fans".
- According to therichest.com, the male celebrity guys would question their sexuality over the most? Ryan Gosling.
- From the Celebrity Nude Database: A lot of these reviews of Rob Lowe's nude scenes are written by guys.
- Any of the men mentioned in Rove McManus' standard interview question "Who would you turn gay for?" Rove's own answer seems to be Hugh Jackman, as per 1:53 of this clip
- Chris Pine has admitted to having a man-crush on his Star Trek co-star Karl Urban.
- On his blog, Oscar Reymundo showcases the 25 sexiest male athletes and they all appear with their shirts off.
- Jared Padalecki has said of co-star Misha Collins, "With those big blue eyes, he can't play a demon. They're like, 'awww...he's too pretty'."
- Kacey boy on radio station WMMR "Preston and Steve" said he'd be willing to have sex with Bradley Cooper.
- Eddie Redmayne is a handsome man. But when he finally got into costume to play Lili, even his co-stars had to take a step back and just look at him in awe.
- According to Lord Chesterfield, John Churchill was irresistible to both sexes in his youth.
- After John Boyega's was asked what it was like to work with Oscar Isaac in an interview link, he was described by the interviewer to be very dreamy, handsome and beautiful. Boyega then admits: "honestly, it's hard looking away from his face, cause good lord is he handsome."
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt has this reputation among gay men. Being something of a (former) live-action Bishōnen who's graduated to roles in indie films and science fiction as an adult probably helps.
- Former Dallas Mavericks Power Forward/Center Dirk Nowitzki has this effect on NBA fans.
- Rami Malek admits to have a man crush on Robert Downey Jr. when sitting across from him on The Ellen Show.
- After Pedro Pascal charmed Game of Thrones fans as bisexual prince Oberyn Martell, straight men dedicated a Reddit group to admitting that they had fallen in love with him, to Pascal's delight.
It's so wonderful. I think it's all a spectrum, right? Straight men can have do have crushes on other men. It doesn't make them gay, it doesn't make them bi. I was super-flattered. The guys that picked on me in middle school in Corona del Mar probably have a crush on me now. Maybe they had a crush on me then and that's why they picked on me.
- Roland Orzabal, the main songwriter of Tears for Fears, reveals in this interview that his childhood friend and fellow bandmate Curt Smith has always been his muse (which traditionally carries a romantic/sexual connotation). note In BBC's Classic Albums - Tears for Fears: Songs from the Big Chair documentary, Orzabal acknowledges that Smith was physically attractive.
Orzabal: We were young, we were both good-looking, especially Curt.
- Roland's man crush on Curt is more obvious when they appeared on a French talk show. (Another guest was so stunned that a supposedly straight guy would ogle at his male buddy that he asked the band if they were gay.)
- TFF collaborator Michael Wainwright admitted in a tweet that Smith was hot, hot enough that Wainwright initially believed that he must have been staring at a photo of a hot woman. He obviously wasn't aware that Smith was a Rare Male Example of She's Got Legs who sometimes wore short shorts.
Wainwright: I just clicked on this pic because I thought it was a hot girl. It's not. It's a hot Curt. ("pervy" eyes emoji) @curtsmith #woops
- Morten Harket. He has a large legion of both male and female fans, whom many admit that he still is attractive, and that he is a damn fine human being.
- Steve Irwin once played wingman for his publicist; when said publicist revealed that he was, in fact, gay, it didn't matter a fig to Steve, since, as he put it, "Blokes love me!" (Considering his dynamic personality and his adventurous lifestyle, it's not hard to see why.)
- Henry Cavill is subject to this, especially since Netflix cast him in The Witcher. The fan groups on Facebook contain just as many thirsty comments from men as they do from women, even from several men who profess to being straight but declare that they'd make an exception for him. When he appeared on Graham Norton's show promoting the DC film universe, Graham proposed that he put away his question cards for a few minutes and everyone would "just stare at Henry for a while." He then tried to get Russell Crowe to admit that even he would go for Henry (who looked both amused and rather perplexed by the whole thing).
- Liverpool F.C. goalkeeper Alisson is known to be adored by the fanbase, and both female and male fans find him attractive. There's a reason he went viral at the World Cup in 2018, and is nicknamed the 'Big Beautiful Brazilian' by fans. Even the Brazil national team fans have noticed, and now chant 'Oooh, lindo!' (Ooh, Handsome!) whenever he kicks the ball.