Andre Meadows is a black man who loves cartoons, old-school video games, Nickelodeon, and feet, and gives his rants and opinions on them on his YouTube show titled Andre the Black Nerd. In addition to reviews and thoughts, he also has "Awkward Talks with Girls", where he talks to nerdy women about various nerdy things, and inevitably asks them if he can rub their feet. He is often seen wearing nerd glasses and a shirt with some video game or cartoon-themed aspect, and sometimes a pixelated tie.
Before creating Andre the Black Nerd, he had a presence on the web where he had a comic strip named "Andre's Wildest Dreams", about himself and some fictional characters as middle school students, and also had fictional interviews with celebrities.
He's the blue Power Ranger in Power Rangers Hyperforce.
The show can be found here.
This show contains examples of:
- Adorkable: He finds cute dorkiness attractive, so much so that he made a video of the top 7 most adorkable cartoon characters the #1 of which was Velma from Scooby Doo. Andre commented that Linda Cardellini playing Velma in the live action adaptations of Scooby Doo induced mind-blowing amounts of adorkable to an already adorkable character.
- Black and Nerdy: Andre proudly calls himself the black nerd. He's a gamer and animation fan. The title of his YouTube show is a dead give-away.
- The Cameo:
- Andre made an appearance in Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures.
- He guest-starred in a Vsauce video that marked the 25th anniversary of Mario's creation.
- He made a guest appearance for The Nostalgia Chick when she reviewed The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- He participated in The Nostalgia Critic review of The Smurfs, and with him and The Angry Video Game Nerd for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows review.
- He made a short cameo in Sharknado: The 4th Awakens as a train conductor.
- Catch Phrase:
- His intro: "Hi I'm Andre and I'm a black nerd."
- Intro to the rant videos: "Hi I'm Andre and I'm a black nerd. AND I'M ANGRY!"
- "I'm gonna give you the good, I'm gonna give you the bad, and I'm gonna give you the nerdy."
- His outro: "Love ya like a play cousin! I'm outie 5000! Chain-Chomp-Yomp".
- #HashtagForLaughs: One of Black Nerd Comedy's most recurrent Running Gag is #SmoothDonatello, which Andre sings each time Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) makes something to impress his crush April O'Neil. Eventually, he started to sing variations of the hashtag each time a character hits on his/her love interest (with the appropriate font color).
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": Captain America: Civil War got him especially hyped for the MCU version of Black Panther and his eventual solo movie, and also earned praise for having three black superheroes in it with distinct backstories, powersets and personalities without ever resorting to the Electric Black Guy cliché or ethnic stereotypes.
- Nerd Glasses: Andre wears a pair of glasses, which he holds and wiggles when he says "I'm gonna give you the nerdy".
- Older Than He Looks: Andre invokes this in his video about Jurassic World. Despite his hobbies, he's older than he looks and he notes that so many people he know were raving about how they saw the original Jurassic Park when they were little kids, only for him to tell the viewers he saw it when it came out because he was in High School.
- Promoted Fanboy: Andre will be in the officially licensed Power Rangers Hyperforce as Eddie the Blue Ranger, a fact that he is incredibly hyped for.
- Samus Is a Girl: In his showcase of his amiibo collection, he mentions an employee at Toys 'R Us thought Samus was a guy. He then lampshades this.
- Shared Universe: Because of his crossovers and cameos for reviewers, he's part of the Reviewaverse.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders:
- Rather blatantly expresses feeling attracted toward Captain America in his review of Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- In his Power Rangers audition tape, he takes time to hit on Naomi Scott, Becky G...and Ludi Lin.
- In his review of My Little Pony: The Movie (2017), he outright admits this toward Capper.
- I love you like a play cousin! I'm Outie 5000!Chain Chomp! YOMP!