Pretty Boys are men of any sexual orientation that look... well.. pretty. They possess fine features, tend to dress well, and often can be mistaken for women just on the basis of their looks.
Judging strictly by appearances, they are often thought the opposite of manly. This perception (that they are wimps just because they're pretty) is often vastly incorrect.
This is an index of tropes that deal with these men.
- Pretty Boy (the Super Trope)
- Agent Peacock: A Badass male character is also an effeminate Pretty Boy.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: A man who cross-dresses and appears gorgeous as a woman is most likely an androgynous beauty to begin with.
- Bifauxnen: A female character who could pass for an attractive man.
- Bishōnen: An inverse of the above; a beautiful male character with feminine traits in Asian media.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: When (almost) all the male characters in a work are very attractive.
- Closet Key: Male examples who awaken a young gay character's sexuality are usually gorgeous in a feminine way rather than classically handsome.
- The Dandy: A flamboyant male character who is always dressed to the nines.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: A male character who is mistaken for a female.
- Elfeminate: When male elves in a work are mistaken for being female.
- Even the Guys Want Him: When guys who aren't attracted to men are attracted to this one guy, because he's just too good-looking to resist.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: A character is absolutely adorable on the outside, but completely evil on the inside.
- The Fighting Narcissist: A man so proud of his beauty that should you insult it, he will beat you into the ground.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: A male character with notable feminine traits and interests.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: An attractive male character with long hair.
- The Pretty Guys Are Stronger: Despite not being nearly as muscular as the other male characters, the pretty, slender boys are stronger.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Although this is frequently associated with women, some male examples are equally as beautiful as their female counterparts.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: Whether male or female, a character's impeccable good looks causes them a lot of problems.
- The Twink: A young, naïve, and probably small and slender gay man.
- Uke: In the Boys' Love Genre, this male character is the "receiver" and is generally passive.
- Vanity Is Feminine: A man who is preoccupied with his appearance and possesses a non-traditional masculinity will often be pretty.
- White Hair, Black Heart: When an effeminate-looking character has white hair (regardless of their age) and is also evil.