Ah, puberty. The time in one's life in which a human being is biologically no longer considered a child and the body starts to mature into that of an adult capable of reproduction.
Typically beginning in girls between ages 9 and 13 (usually around age 11) and boys between ages 10 and 15 (usually age 12), puberty can be an emotional rollercoaster for a lot of kids, with feelings ranging from excitement, disappointment, confusion, to downright frustration. Although commonplace to begin as early as third grade, it really starts to become a major issue starting with the onset of middle school, at which point one is given a rite of passage to adolescence and starts to experience hormonal emotions.
- A-Cup Angst: A young woman who's self-conscious about her lack of breasts.
- All Periods Are PMS: Girls suffer irritability during their menstrual cycle.
- Dirty Kid: A sexually precocious child.
- Fille Fatale: Sexually precocious young girl.
- First Period Panic: Girl treats getting her first period like the end of the world.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: A teenager who is ruled by their sex drive.
- I Got Bigger: Character gets taller as a result of a growth spurt.
- Mating Season Mayhem: While not exclusive to teenagers, it's not uncommon for it to be a counterpart to a first menstrual cycle.
- Menstrual Menace: Supernatural forces ensues following a girl's first menstrual cycle.
- No Periods, Period: Pubescent girl fails to get her period.
- Puberty Superpower: Being pubescent grants one powers.
- Pubescent Braces: Kids wear braces to portray them in that awkward puberty stage.
- Rise of Zitboy: Character notices their first case of acne.
- She Is All Grown Up: Puberty did this woman well.
- Teen Pregnancy: Teenage girls get pregnant as a result of having unprotected sex.