An index of tropes relating to puberty, the time in one's life in which a human being is biologically no longer a child and the body starts to mature into that of an adult capable of sexual reproduction.
Most commonly beginning in girls around the age of 10 and boys around 11, puberty is a rollercoaster of changes, emotions, and hormones. note
Although commonplace to begin as early as third grade, it really starts to become prominent starting with the beginning of middle school at age 11, at which point one begins learning about the specifics of sex, extending beyond the average puberty and reproduction-related information previously learned in elementary school.
- A-Cup Angst: A young lady who's self-conscious about her lack of breasts.
- All Periods Are PMS: All periods are accompanied by PMS irritability.
- Appearance Angst: A character is upset by the physical changes of puberty...or the lack thereof.
- Fake Period Excuse: A girl fakes being on her period to get out of a situation surreptitiously.
- First Period Panic: Girl treats getting her first period like the end of the world.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: A teenager who is ruled by their sex drive.
- I Got Bigger: Character gets taller as a result of a growth spurt.
- Mating Season Mayhem: While not exclusive to teenagers, it's not uncommon for it to be a counterpart to a first menstrual cycle.
- Menstrual Menace: Supernatural forces ensue following a girl's first menstrual cycle.
- No Periods, Period: Pubescent girl fails to get her period.
- Puberty Superpower: Being pubescent grants one powers.
- Pubescent Braces: Kids wear braces to portray them in that awkward puberty stage.
- Rise of Zitboy: Character notices their first case of acne.
- She Is All Grown Up: Puberty did this woman well.
- The Talk: Educating children about puberty.
- Vocal Evolution: A character's voice changes in spite of still being voiced by the same voice actor. In the case of child actors, this can be a result of hitting puberty.