Original Airdate: December 19, 2012With Goku gone, the Z-Fighters find themselves attempting to return to normalcy. Gohan becomes the breadwinner of his household, Yamcha tries to find a friendship with Bulma, and Krillin...
Thanks to a convenient life-insurance policy, Krillin finds himself with several million dollars and a new life as "Juan Sanchez". He even finds an attractive girlfriend in the ditzy Maron. However, he soon realizes that he may not be able to handle having such a wonderful life if it means lying about even his identity.
If it really upsets you, we can all take turns pounding these tropes, okay?
- Aborted Arc: Garlic Jr. is set up as a major villain, slaughtering an entire town with his henchmen in the Cold Open and even having his own unique intro. However, in The Stinger, his attempt to intimidate Mr. Popo goes about as well as you'd expect.
- Brick Joke: Gohan "pounding Chi-Chi's tuna".
- The Ditz: Maron is this or pretends to be.
- Exiled to the Couch: Kami was kicked out of the Lookout because Mr. Popo had a "booty call".
- Expy: Maron being this to Bulma is lampshaded by the latter.Bulma: Okay, first of all, no one screws Yamcha but life. Second of all, blue hair? Real original.
- Gossip Evolution: What happens eventually with Krillin's "pounding tuna" joke, as it eventually gets to Chi-Chi. When she demands answers, it actually gets worse.Chi-Chi: Alright! I demand to know who has been spreading rumors that I have been forcing Gohan to, and I quote, POUND MY TUNA!
Krillin: Look Chi-Chi, if it really upsets you, we'll all take turns pounding your tuna, ok? But, only if we get to eat it together.
Roshi: (off-screen) ...Heh heh heh HEH HEH! AAAAAAlHAA! AAAA-
- Innocent Innuendo: In addition to the "pounding tuna" joke, there's the page quote from Turtle about why Krillin was on the beach at Kame House late at night instead of in bed.
- Lower-Deck Episode: The episode focuses on Krillin and Maron's relationship while completely sidelining Garlic Jr.
- Male Gaze: We get a decently long shot of Maron's butt as Krillin stares at "that perfect heart-shaped pillow of an ass".
- Oh My Gods!: Kami says "Oh my ME!" when he sees what was the aftermath of Mr. Popo's brief battle with Garlic Jr. and his henchmen.
- The Scrooge: Despite his new windfall, Krillin's birthday present for Turtle is a Gap gift card.
Mr. Popo: Oh don't mind this, Kami. I just had a bit of Italian for dinner.
Kami: What does that have to do with
Mr. Popo: 'CAUSE IT WAS NOTHIN' BUT GARLIC!