Part 1 Original Airdate: June 17, 2012
Part 2 Original Airdate: June 20, 2012
Part 3 Original Airdate: June 25, 2012
Enraged over Krillin's death, Goku transforms into the legendary Super Saiyan! He and Freeza fight, while back on Earth, the Dragon Balls are used to wish back everyone who were killed by Freeza's army on Namek, and they in turn use the Namek Dragon Balls to wish everyone except for Goku and Freeza back to Earth. Freeza tries to kill Goku by blowing up the planet, only to get caught in the blast. Back on Earth, the heroes revive their friends with both sets of Balls, only to learn that Goku survived, but isn't ready to go home. Freeza is rebuilt into a cyborg by his father, and Vegeta learns that vaguely-defined wishes can backfire...in the form of Nappa becoming a movie producer.
Oh... Right. I stopped my tropes for a couple minutes there:
- Actually Pretty Funny: Super Kami Guru laughs upon learning that the wish to revive those killed by Freeza and his minions didn't include the Namekian village Vegeta killed since he hates his people.
- Adapted Out: The part where Gohan fights Freeza in his final form when the latter thinks he's killed Goku after knocking him into lava is cut out, as is the part where Goku turns the tide against Freeza due to the latter's inexperience with fighting at his 100% form causing him to tire out, making Goku's comment of leaving the battle because he's bored not seem to make any sense since Freeza's been kicking his butt up to this point in this version.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Dende gives this to Gohan while preparing to leave for the new Planet Namek. When Gohan doesn't immediately react, Dende thinks he came on too strong and wishes Porunga to have him transported to the new Namek immediately.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Mouri declares himself the Grand Elder of Namek—and the keeper of Namek's Dragon Balls—after eating Super Kami Guru.Bulma: Huh. Seems legit.
- Back from the Dead: Thanks to the Earth and Namekian Dragon Balls, Vegeta, the entire Namekian race minus the village Vegeta slaughtered, Yamcha, Tien, Chaotzu, Krillin, and Nappa.
- Badass Boast: Just like in the original material, Goku gives one following his ascension. Naturally, since this is DBZ Abridged, it's more ridiculous than either the original dub's or Kai's:
- Big Eater: Twice, this habit of Goku's is used against him. First when Freeza tricks him into letting Freeza power up to his 100% form in exchange for two stuffed crust pizzas and the second when he's more focused on using the muffin button of Freeza's ship than using it to escape the doomed Planet Namek.
- Brick Joke:
- When a bored Goku tells Freeza he's leaving the battlefield, Freeza points out that he still hasn't given Goku the pizzas he promised him before "giving" them to him in the form of a pair of energy disks.
- Goku, trying to turn on Freeza's ship, manages to hit a button that makes...muffins.King Kai: Oh my God...
- Vegeta ends the season with the same line he ended the previous season on, only he isn't shouting it in anger like he did last time:
- When Freeza first saw Guru, he questioned how he could be so fat seeing as Namekians survive almost entirely on water. Turns out that this directly ties into the Great Drought since Guru drank all the water.Guru: How do you think I got so FAT?
- Butt-Monkey: Yamcha gets it worse than ever. First, Bulma dumps him. Then, Tien breaks his good leg to restrain him when he gets angry about her inviting Vegeta to live at Capsule Corporation.
- When Freeza asks Goku What the Hell Are You?, Goku replies that it's "just like Vegeta said," annoying Freeza, who thinks he's going to have to hear the "You're not dealing with the average Saiyan warrior" speech a fourth time (he doesn't, though the gist is the same).
- When Vegeta comes Back from the Dead, he notes that at least he has his clothes back.
- Upon noticing the Namekian Dragon, Vegeta flies towards it while repeatedly shouting "MINE!" just like he did to Captain Ginyu-in-Goku in Episode 23.
- Goku gives Freeza a series of kidney punches while calling them out just like Freeza did to Vegeta in Episode 27.
- The Running Gag of everything on Namek looking the same is brought up again as Goku is flying to Freeza's ship after defeating him, noting that "everything still looks the same, but on fire" now.
- When Dende uses the Namekian Dragon Balls to resurrect Krillin, he's still giving the high-pitched scream he was giving when Freeza killed him.
- The Ghostbusters theme is once again used in reference to Nappa.
- The Revised Ending has Dr. Briefs start to refer to the Namekians as Yoshis before getting cut off by an indignant Bulma.
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: Gohan uses his intellect to shut Bulma up when he finds her.Bulma: Oh, well how nice of you to finally come and get me... only you left me stranded all on my own to fend for myself. Planet's going to Hell, I almost die, and I'M FREAKING THE F*CK OUT!
Gohan: Bulma, how high would you have to fall from to hit terminal velocity?
Bulma: (Death Glare)
Gohan: I thought so.
- Dies Differently in Adaptation: Guru's death is not so dignified like it is in canon. Upon admitting to be the one responsible for almost driving the Namekians to extinction, the Namekian cannibalize him instead of him dying of natural causes like in official canon.
- Distracted by the Sexy: At one point, Freeza is trying to find where Goku is, only to turn and find Goku's abs right in his face.Freeza: Oh my god, you could grind meat on those - gah!
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: Freeza does this to Namek with his Death Ball technique.
- Exact Words: Popo has Shenron wish back everyone killed by Freeza and his men. Because Vegeta was working for Freeza when he killed Nappa, this means Nappa is brought back as well.
- Following Goku's ascension, King Kai says that Goku "has become the one and only Super Saiyan!" The Narrator hesitates before agreeing.
- After Nappa is brought Back from the Dead by Earth's Dragon Balls, he becomes a Hollywood producer, picking up a new client: Mark Satan, whom Nappa has decided to rename "Hercule."
- Hilarious Outtakes: A separate video shows an alternate ending where the supposed "Muffin Button" on Freeza's ship produces a cookie instead of a muffin. This leads to the way it happened in the anime: Goku gives a Big "NO!", then Namek explodes.
- Ignored Epiphany: After Goku gives his energy to Freeza after he's been cut in half, Freeza, stunned, contemplates that this could be his second and final chance to change his evil ways before giving a big "NAH!" and firing his given energy back at Goku. Of course, given the source material, this ends up literally blowing up in his face.
- Lame Pun Reaction: Goku cracks a few lame one-liners at Freeza cutting himself in half, until Freeza cries, "Please, stop!"
- Lampshade Hanging: Goku brings up how "five minutes" according to Freeza is much longer than it should be:Freeza: Wha— Oh, I get it. You're scared, aren't you? Afraid knowing this planet has one minute left before it explodes!
Goku: Do you have a watch?
Freeza: No, why?
Goku: Do you know what a minute is?
Freeza: What? Of course I do!
Goku: I don't think you do...
- Non Sequitur, *Thud*: After Freeza is cut in half by his own energy disc, he can be heard muttering "Daddy, I don't want to be on Namek anymore," as he collapses to the ground.
- Oh, Crap!: Guru when he realizes he's not dead (yet) after giving a deathbed confession about stealing Planet Namek's water supply and framing the albino Namekians for it.
- Post Credits Scene: The version of the episode found on Team Four Star's official website has one where King Cold gives Freeza his mechanical replacements in a Shout-Out to Revenge of the Sith.
- Rapid-Fire "No!": King Kai to Goku giving his energy to Freeza after the latter's been cut in half by his own attack. Freeza gives another one later as Goku's last blast close in.
- Revised Ending: The Team Four Star site has one where, after the Namekians leave, Dr. Briefs, in a Shout-Out to South Park, vocalizes his pleasure at getting rid of them, specifically starting to refer to them as Yoshis before an indignant Bulma stops him.
- Running Gag: King Kai strongly reacting to whatever's going on back on Namek in hopes that Yamcha, Tien, or Chaotzu ask him what's going on.
- Goku tells Freeza he's going to break him—like a Kit Kat bar.
- At one point during his Badass Boast, Goku refers to himself as "the terror that flaps in the night."
- After Vegeta is brought Back from the Dead his first words as he bursts out of his grave are "When there's no more room in Hell, Vegeta shall walk the-"
- Vegeta once again flies towards a target of his while repeatedly shouting "MINE!"
- Guru's last words as he's getting devoured by his subjects for stealing their water and framing the albino Namekians for it are "Choke on them! Oh god, why?!"
- The music as Goku is flying to Freeza's spaceship to use the muffin button as Namek blows up is the "Destruction of Alderaan" soundtrack from A New Hope.
- When the Namekians summon Porunga on Earth, the civilian population initially mistake him for Gojira.
- Nappa's ringtone when he calls Vegeta near the end of the episode is the Ghostbusters theme.
- The Revised Ending after the Namekians are wished to their new home world has Dr. Briefs, in a reference to the ending of the South Park episode "Here Comes the Neighborhood," say that "At least (they) got rid of all those damn Yos-", before being cut off by Bulma.
- Freeza becoming a cyborg in the Post Credits Scene is done like Vader.Freeza: What happened...to Namek? What happened...to the Dragon Balls?
King Cold: It would seem, my little princess, that in your anger, you destroyed them both!
- Bulma says she'll house all the Namekians until they get a planet of their own. When asked how, she says that her father is "A billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist!" and his plane comes in to "Back in Black".
- Shown Their Work: With his first mention, Mr. Satan is referred to by Nappa as Mark Satan. According to recent material from Akira Toriyama, Mark is actually Mr. Satan's first name.Nappa: Need to work on the first name. Thinking "Hercule"...
- Spared by the Adaptation: Nappa is brought back to life by the Dragon Balls, whereas he was left dead in canon.
- Voice of the Legion: When Chi-Chi arrives where all the revived people on Namek were transported on Earth, she has this tone of voice when she looks for Gohan.Chi-Chi: WHERE'S MY BABY?!