Original Airdate: January 28, 2013
Vegeta has returned to Earth, and moves into Capsule Corp without preamble. The sitcom hijinks are cut short when the Z-fighters sense a disturbance; Freeza has come back! An even bigger surprise awaits when they move to confront him on his quest for blind vengeance.
THESE TROPES ARE BACK, BITCHES!
- Actually Pretty Funny: Yamcha changes his tune on Vegeta living at Capsule Corporation when he's amused at Vegeta getting used to Earthly things...like soap.Vegeta: Earth woman! Where's the cleansing powder?
Bulma: We don't have that here. We have soap.
Vegeta: The hell is "soap"?
Bulma: It's that yellow block there made of animal fat.
Vegeta: That sounds awesome! (chomp) Blah! This tastes nothing like you just said!
Yamcha: Okay, I change my mind. This is pretty neat.
- Bond One-Liner: Trunks at the end of the episode after killing Freeza's henchmen after the latter told them to treat their invasion of Earth as a scavenger hunt: "So, how many points were those?"
- Brick Joke: This is the birth of Vegeta's infamous pink shirt. And the fact that his Saiyan armor needs to be dry-cleaned.
- Call-Back: The Jockstrap Incident is brought up once again. According to King Cold, Freeza ended up getting "boxed in" during it.
- The Chew Toy: Vegeta becomes this over the pink shirt, as Tien and Piccolo both make a point of mentioning it when they arrive.
- Distracting Disambiguation: When Vegeta first senses the approach of Freeza, Yamcha initially asks him if he's still angry about the pink shirt, and Vegeta stops to matter-of-factly state that he's "absolutely livid" about it.
- Double Entendre: Krillin with one of his best, when Gohan asks him if he's sure Freeza is on the way:Krillin: Gohan, once you'd had a man inside of you, you know when he's coming.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": King Cold pronounces the "a" in "Earth", thereby making it sound like "Ee-arth". Though Freeza corrects him, King Cold insists on pronouncing it his way. In the end, it doesn't matter to Freeza: by the time he's done, he intends Earth to be known as "vacant lot".
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Yamcha is disregarded twice in the episode:
- First by Vegeta, when he confronts the returning Saiyan:Yamcha: Hey! You've got a lot of nerve coming back here!
Vegeta: Oh, a valet. Neat. I'm not tipping.
Yamcha: Don't you remember who I am?! We fought when you landed on Earth!
Vegeta: No, I fought Kakarot. Nappa fought everyone else. Well, except for that one scrub who got killed by a Saiba—(beat, then Vegeta starts laughing hysterically)
- Then by Bulma, when Vegeta calls out from the shower after Yamcha says him being there was "neat" after all:Vegeta: Is that the beta male?!
Bulma: No! Krillin just got here!
Vegeta: Oh God, they're breeding!
- First by Vegeta, when he confronts the returning Saiyan:
- Porky Pig Pronunciation: Thanks to his new mechanical implants frequently short-circuiting, Freeza ends up stammering a lot before switching to a different word.
- Shout-Out: "Woman, where is my Saiyan suit?"Bulma: It's in the wash.
Vegeta: YOU BITCH!
- Tempting Fate: Vegeta tells Bulma he hates the color pink. Naturally, the clothes she set out for him beforehand include his infamous pink shirt.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!: Vegeta does this when he returns to Earth.