Main Index | WWWF Era | Rock 'N' Wrestling Era | New Generation Era | Attitude Era | InVasion Era | Ruthless Aggression Era | WWE Universe Era | WWE, Inc. Era | Reality Era | New Era | Tag Teams | Female Talent | NXT | NXT UK | McMahon Family | Managers | Announcers, Commentators, and General Managers
Lists the various female wrestlers and personalities throughout the history of WWE. Please limit associated tropes to that wrestler's time in WWE.
open/close all folders
Debuted in the WWWF Era (1963-1984)
The Fabulous Moolah (Mary Lillian Ellison) 1955-1987, 1998-2007
Winona Littleheart (Winona Barkley) late 1970s - mid 1980s
- Badass Native
- Bash Sisters: with Vivian St. John
- Braids of Action
- Captain Ethnic
- Girlish Pigtails
- Nice Headdress
- Leotard of Power
- Wrestling Family: Her father was wrestler/booker "Dirty" Dick Barkley
Judy Martin (Judy Hardee) 1981, 1985-1990
- Alliterative Name: Her tag team name, the Glamour Girls.
- Arch-Enemy: Desiree Petersen
- Dark Action Girl
- Finishing Move: Judy Drop (Fireman's carry powerslam), Powerbomb
- Leotard of Power
- Tag Team: With Leilani Kai as part of the Glamour Girls.
Velvet McIntyre 1982, 1984-1990
- Action Girl: To pin Moolah, you had to be action something.
- Cute Bruiser: Albeit, she was capable of all kinds of She fu maneuvers but wrestled a fairly conservative style during her time in the WWF.
- Darkhorse Victory: Mostly known for ending a Fabulous Moolah title reign. Moolah got the belt back in six days.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Apparently of the philosophy that barefoot wrestlers are better
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Someone stole her wrestling boots and she competed barefoot for the rest of her career.
- Fiery Redhead: More like strawberry blond.
- Finishing Move: McIntyre Roll
- Ireland: She's from Dublin.
- Leotard of Power
- Sexy Backless Outfit
Desiree Petersen 19841985, 1988
- Action Girl
- Arch-Enemy: Judy Martin
- Bash Sisters: With Velvet McIntyre and Susan Starr.
- I Have Many Names: Melissa Doll would be one of them.
- Leotard of Power
- Pretty in Mink
- Tag Team: with Velvet McIntyre
Princess Victoria (Vicki Otis) 1983-1984
- Action Girl
- Badass Native
- Braids of Action
- Captain Ethnic
- Girlish Pigtails
- Nice Headdress
- Leotard of Power
- Tag Team: With Velvet McIntyre
Wendi Richter 1982, 1983-1985
Debuted in the Rock 'N' Wrestling Era (1984-1993)
Jumping Bomb Angels - Noriyo Tateno (立野 記代), Itsuki Yamazaki
Leilani Kai (Patricia Schroeder) 1985-1990, 1994
Miss Elizabeth (Elizabeth Ann Hulette) 1985-1992
Rockin' Robin (Robin Denise Smith) 1987-1990
- Alliterative Name
- Animal Theme Naming
- Boring, but Practical: Was somehow able to turn the side headlock into a pin; no one else could.
- Finishing Move: Bulldog, crossbody.
- Leotard of Power
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Defeated Sherri for the title at a house show (non-televised event) in Paris, France.
- Wrestling Family: Sister to wrestlers Sam Houston and Jake "The Snake" Roberts.
Sherri (Sherri Schrull, born Sherri Russell) 1987-1993
Debuted in the New Generation Era (1993-1997)
Alundra Blayze (Debra Ann Miceli) 1993-1995, 2018
Bertha Faye (Rhonda Ann Sing f.k.a. "Monster Ripper") 1995-1996
- Cute Bruiser
- Fat Comic Relief: About all she was good for in Vince Russo's WCW. While in poor taste, she still decimated the waifish Nitro Girls.
- Fingerless Gloves
- Finishing Move: Powerbomb.
- The Giant: She was not any taller than Alundra Blayze or Bull Nakano but was much heavier and very difficult to move
- Plucky Comic Relief: When not beating up other wrestlers.
- Stout Strength.
- Villain Decay: Someone on the booking team decided that she should not be allowed to use the same power moves male wrestlers were using. She couldn't come up with enough not-taken moves to really command matches anymore, reducing Bertha from dominant villain into a Joke Character.
Marlena/Terri Runnels (Terri Lynne Boatright Runnels) 1996-2004
Bull Nakano (ブルなかの, Nakano Keiko) 1994-1995
Sunny (Tamara Lynn Sytch) 1994-1998, 2009
Luna Vachon 1993-1994, 1997-2000
Debuted in the Attitude Era (1997-2001)
Nicole Bass (Nicole Bass-Fuchs) 1999
- Amazon Chaser: A somewhat twisted Real Life case. She filed a lawsuit against WWF and claimed she was sexually harassed by Steve Lombardi backstage. The suit was eventually dismissed however.
- Arch-Enemy: Debra.
- Brawn Hilda: A female bodybuilder, though not one of the typical Amazonian Beauty,variety.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: As a female bodybuilder, she was pretty strong.
- Fan Disservice: She and Chyna participated in a bikini contest. Whether or not the disservice was intentional or not is up for debate.
- The Dragon: Became the bodyguard to Sable following her 1999 heel turn.
- Finishing Move: A chokeslam or a powerbomb.
- Put on a Bus: Disappeared only months after she debuted.
Barbara Bush/B.B. (Katherine Dingman) 1999-2000
- Alliterative Name: At first.
- Arch-Enemy: For the short time she was there, Ivory.
- Bigger Is Better: In hyping the Miss Royal Rumble Swimsuit Competition, she asked Lawler if he thought the fans might want to see a "bigger show."
- Clothing Damage: This was part of her debut, though before she was officially named. Jacqueline had defeated Ivory in a "Gravy Bowl Match" with Miss Kitty as the referee on the 1999 Thanksgiving Episode of SmackDown!. Kitty had something lodged in her throat and BB came down to giver her the Heimlich maneuver. Ivory attacked BB, tore her top open, so she was there in her bra, and threw her into the gravy.
- Ivory ripped BB's shirt off again that following Monday on Raw.
- Emergency Services: Her gimmick was of an EMT.
- Non-Action Girl: Other than her appearance in the Evening Gown in a Pool match at WWF Armageddon 99, she was not used in an in-ring capacity.
- Only Known by Initials: She was first introduced as Barbara Bush, but from that point on she became known as BB.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Not her, but Bubba Ray Dudley used one to set up the above item. Edge and Christian had defeated the Dudleys, and Bubba acted like he was injured, which naturally brought out BB. Cue tablebomb.
Chyna (Chyna, born Joan Marie "Joanie" Laurer) 1997-2001
Debra (Debra Gale Marshall) 1998-2002
Molly Holly (Nora Kristina Greenwald) 2000-2005, 2009, 2018
Ivory (Lisa Mary Moretti) 1999-2005, 2018
Jacqueline (Jacqueline DeLois Moore) 1998-2004, 2018
Lita (Amy Christine Dumas) 2000-2006, 2018
Miss Kitty/The Kat (Stacy Carter) 1999-2001
Ryan Shamrock (Alicia Nicole Webb) 1999
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Delivered one to her Kayfabe brother Ken Shamrock, causing Val Venis to retain his Intercontinental Championship.
- Big Brother Instinct: Ken didn't take to kindly to Val Venis and Billy Gunn flirting with her at ringside and he gave both men a beating.
- Girl Posse: PMS, with Jacqueline and Terri Runnels
- Human Sacrifice: The Ministry of Darkness tied her to the Undertaker's "Symbol."
- Just for Pun She and Val Venis made a Kayfabe porno called Shaving Ryan's Privates.
- Non-Action Girl: She wasn't there to wrestle.
- Put on a Bus: She left the company only five months after her debut, because she wasn't interested in signing a five-year deal.
- The Three Faces of Eve: She was the Child to Terri Runnels' Seductress and Jacqueline's Wife.
- Unrelated Sister: To Ken Shamrock.
Trish Stratus (Patricia Anne Stratigias) 2000-2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2018, 2019
Tori (Terri Poch) 1998-2001
Victoria (Lisa Marie Varon, née Sole) 2000-2009
Mae Young (Johnnie Mae Young) 1999-2000, 2003-2014
Debuted in the InVasion Era (2001-2002)
Jazz (Carlene Denise Moore-Begnaud) 2001-2004, 2006-2007
Stacy Keibler (Stacy Ann-Marie Keibler) 2001-2006
Nidia (Nidia Guenard) 2001-2004
Queen Sharmell (Sharmell Sullivan-Huffman) 2001, 2005-2007, 2013
- Alpha Bitch: As Queen Sharmell.
- Career-Ending Injury: Suffered one while training at OVW that forced her to retire from in-ring action.
- Morality Pet: To Booker T when she's was a face and not Queen Sharmell.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's a former Nitro Girl.
- Power Stable: The Queen of King Booker's Court.
- Sassy Black Woman: Definitely.
- "Take That!" Kiss: She was the recipient of one from the Boogeyman, who had a mouth full of worms at the time. She understandably freaks out.
- Unholy Matrimony: Queen Sharmell with King Booker.
- Upper-Class Twit: The "Queen" to her husband King Booker.
- Wrestling Family: Wife to Booker T and Sister-in-Law to Stevie Ray.
Torrie Wilson (Torrie Anne Wilson) 2001-2008, 2009, 2018
Debuted in the Ruthless Aggression Era (2002-2008)
Brooke Adams (Brooke Nichole Adams) 2006-2007
Ariel (Shelly Leonor Martinez) 2006-2007
- Absolute Cleavage: That top leaves almost nothing to the imagination.
- Ambiguously Brown: She's Latina, but her heritage was never mentioned and began wearing makeup to appear pale once the vampire thing started.
- Arch-Enemy: Kelly Kelly.
- Cat Fight: Her debut match was an "Extreme Catfight" with Francine.
- Fortune Teller: Was this until she became Kevin Thorn's valet.
- For Halloween, I Am Going as Myself: She participated in a Halloween costume contest with Kelly Kelly and Trinity...wearing the same vampire getup that she always did. That combined with Kelly's Fetish Retardant CM Punk-tribute attire more or less guaranteed Trinity's victory.
- Gag Boobs: She rivals Jillian Hall in this area.
- Minidress of Power: Her trademark outfit.
- Ms. Fanservice: If vampires are your thing.
- Panty Shot: Short skirts and thongs were her stock and trade. One of the infamous moments of ECW December to Dismember 2006, besides the low quality of the overall show, was how due to the short skirt she was wearing during her tag team match with Kevin Thorn against Kelly Kelly and Mike Knox, the camera caught a lot of these.
- Put on a Bus: Was released after getting into a backstage altercation with Batista.
- Our Vampires Are Different: The New Breed was one strange bunch.
- Power Stable: The New Breed.
Ashley (Ashley Marie Massaro) 2005-2008
Cherry (Kara Elizabeth Drew) 2007-2008
Francine (Francine Fournier) 2006
Jackie Gayda (Jacquelyn Gayda-Haas) 2002-2005, 2009.
Joy Giovanni 2004-2005, 2009
- Arch-Enemy: Amy Weber would probably be the biggest. She also had brief feuds with Torrie Wilson, Dawn Marie and Melina.
- Awesome McCoolname: You must admit, it's fun to say.
- Cat Fight: Got into one with Amy Weber.
- Ms. Fanservice: Like most Diva Search participants. She participated in a bikini contest against Torrie Wilson and was fond of shaking her assets for the fans.
- Put on a Bus: Released in 2005 due to "budget cuts".
- The Bus Came Back: Participated in the Miss WrestleMania Battle Royal at WrestleMania 25.
- Would Hit a Girl: She served as Big Show's on-screen girlfriend and ended up being targeted by Show's opponent JBL.
Jillian Hall (Jillian Faye Hall, born Jillian Faye Fletcher) 2005-2010
Christy Hemme (Christina Lee "Christy" Hemme) 2004-2005
Mickie James (Mickie Laree James-Aldis) 2005-2010, 2016-
Maria Kanellis (Maria Louise Kanellis-Bennett) 2004-2010, 2017-2020
Kelly Kelly (Barbara Jean Blank-Souray) 2006-2012, 2018
Gail Kim (Gail Kim-Irvine) 2002-2004, 2009-2011
Layla (Layla El-Young) 2006-2015
Dawn Marie (Dawn Marie Psaltis) 2002-2005
Kristal Marshall 2005-2007
- Action Girl: She had some believable victories over Jillian(before her jobber period, that is) not long after coming in on Smackdown. On the other hand, this lead Kristal to feud with Ashley, whom she believed herself to be more talented than.
- Beauty Contest: She was a beauty queen and a model before joining the company.
- But Not Too Black: She had light hair and was fairly light-skinned.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: She had blonde hair for a brief period.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Toward Ashley Massaro after she lost the diva search, setting up a FaceHeel Turn in the process.
- MayDecember Romance: With Theodore Long, with the two set to have a Kayfabe wedding, only for Teddy to have a Kayfabe heart attack during it.
- Meganekko: She wore glasses at times.
- Ms. Fanservice: She participated in many bikini contests and even the odd bra-and-panties match.
- Put on a Bus: Kristal was quietly released after the Teddy Long incident.
Michelle McCool (Michelle Leigh Callaway, née McCool) 2004-2011, 2018
Beulah McGillicutty (Trisa Laughlin, née Hayes) 2006, 2007
Melina (Melina Nava Perez) 2004-2011
Candice Michelle (Candice Michelle Beckman-Ehrlich) 20042009
Beth Phoenix (Elizabeth Kocanski Copeland. neé Carolan) 2006-2012, 2018, 2019-
Shaniqua (Linda Miles) 2002-2004
- Abhorrent Admirer: Teased with Benoit.
- Amazonian Beauty: She was considered ugly by some but most, especially the wrestlers she managed and Tazz, thought she was fine.
- Dominatrix: While managing the Bashams, she even had a whip (but not of the bullwhip variety).
- The Giant: Though she's most known for managing Shelton Benjamin and the Basham Bros this was how she was in the ring when she started on SmackDown and was beating up Torrie Wilson, Dawn Marie, Nidia and Scotty 2 Hotty. Turned around on her against Rikishi.
- Statuesque Stunner: She was the tallest woman on Smackdown and was the second tallest woman to be on the main roster after Nicole Bass.
- Voodoo Shark: She was "mistaken" for Shelton Benjamin, attacked by Bradshaw and removed from WWE television. The logical conclusion was to sell the injury she got even though WWE really took her off to get a boob job. When she returned WWE insisted on drawing attention to them by claiming it was due to swelling caused by Bradshaw's attack, which was so unconvincing it killed all the heat fans gave to the APA/Basham feud and lead to Shaniqua's release not long after. Worse, the increase wasn't as drastic as others in the past, like General Manager Stephanie McMahon's!
- We Used to Be Friends: To Shelton Benjamin when she moved on to the Bashams and he was in the world's greatest tag team and Jackie Gayda, who betrayed her for Ivory and Molly Holly.
- Weapon of Choice: The "Magic Stick"
Eve Torres (Eve Torres Gracie, born Eve Marie Torres) 2007-2013
Trinity (Stephanie Finochio) 2006-2007
- Amazonian Beauty: Claimed to have the best biceps in the business, and they were pretty impressive.
- I Have the High Ground: Relied on the turnbuckle for a good deal of her offense, particularly her finishing move, fall from grace.
- Ms. Fanservice: She was "dressing" in police tape before Orlando Jordan made it (in)famous...though she never did it quite to the extent he did and mostly limited it to photo shoots. She even won a costume contest for it, and considering that she was against Kelly Kelly,note that's saying something.
- Power Stable: Managed The Full Blooded Italians.
- Retired Badass: Retired to focus on her stunt work.
- Signature Move: A standing shooting star press.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: A wrestling stunt woman, this was not just a gimmick either, she really worked in both professions at once, being a stunt double for the likes of Jennifer Garner.
Krissy Vaine (Kristin Eubanks) 2007
- Alpha Bitch: Her heel character in developmental.
- Identical Stranger: Did not get signed for ages because she was told she looked too similar to Torrie Wilson. She darkened her hair and was immediately signed.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Krissy Vaine was a prissy Alpha Bitch. Kristin Eubanks is a lovely person.
- Southern Belle
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Was last seen talking to Vickie Guerrero in a backstage segment before disappearing into the night forever.
Amy Weber (Amy Marie Weber) 2004-2005
- Arch-Enemy: Joy Giovanni.
- Catfight: Got into one with Joy.
- Heel: JBL's "Image Consultant."
- Ms. Fanservice: Typical of Diva Search girls.
- Non Action Girl: Managed JBL and only wrestled once, defeating Joy by forfeit.
- Power Stable: The Cabinet, led by JBL.
- Put on a Bus: She requested her release in February 2005 because she was unsatisfied with the pay and was allegedly sexually harassed backstage. She compared the locker room to a "frat house".
- Sexy Secretary: Dressed as this while part of The Cabinet.
Lena Yada 2007-2008
- Alpha Bitch: Turned heel in ECW and joined forces with Layla to beat up Kelly Kelly.
- Ms. Fanservice: A former model.
- Neutral Female: The first and only match thst she did have was a tag match that she was never tagged in for.
- Ninja: Dressed as one for a costume contest at Cyber Sunday 2008.
- Non Action Girl: Competed in the 2007 Diva Search contest. Once hired, she mostly served as a backstage interviewer and valet. Once she finally did have a match (which was a tag match that she was never tagged in to), she was subsequently let go.
- Put on a Bus: Was released at the end of 2008, shortly after her in-ring debut, which was a tag match that she was never tagged in to.
Debuted in the WWE Universe Era (2008-2011)
Aksana (ivilė Raudonienė) 2010-2014
Brie Bella (Brianna Monique Danielson; née Garcia-Colace) 2008-2012, 2013-2016, 2018-2019
Nikki Bella (Stephanie Nicole Garcia-Colace) 2008-2012, 2013-2019
Katie Lea Burchill (Katarina Leigh Waters) 2008-2010
Serena Mancini/Serena Deeb 2009-2010, 2017
- Bald Woman: Had her head shaved by CM Punk as a pre-requisite of joining the Straight Edge Society. Like Molly Holly before her, she said she enjoyed having her head shaved.
- Bald of Evil: The Straight Edge Society were heels, and before joining them she was already a heel in FCW under a gangster gimmick.
- Finishing Move: A fireman's carry gutbuster and a spear. The former was an adaptation of CM Punk's GTS, the latter was a thing she already did for years.
- Power Stable: The Straight Edge Society, with CM Punk, Luke Gallows and Joey Mercury.
- Purple Is Powerful: Wore purple in the Mae Young Classic, and her skills, while not too shabby to begin with, had noticeably improved to match.
- Put on a Bus: She was released on August 20 of 2010 for public drunkenness despite playing a Straight Edge character on TV.
- The Bus Came Back: She returned for the first and second rounds of the Mae Young Classic Tournament in 2017, later signing a new deal for NXT.
- The Smurfette Principle: Was the lone female among the Straight Edge Society.
Alicia Fox (Victoria Elizabeth Crawford) 2008-2019
Kaitlyn (Celeste Beryl Bonin) 2010-2014, 2018-2019
Maxine (Karlee Lelani Perez) 2010-2012
Rosa Mendes (Milena Leticia Roucka) 2008-2017
Tamina Snuka (Sarona Polamalu, born Sarona Moana-Marie Reiher) 2010-
Tiffany (Taryn Nicole Dryden, née Terrell) 2008-2010
Debuted in the WWE, Inc. Era (2011-2014)
Cameron (Ariane Nicole Andrew) 2011-2016
Kharma (Kia Stevens) 2011-2012
Eva Marie (Natalie Marie Coyle; née Nelson) 2013-2017
Summer Rae (Danielle Moinet) 2013-2017
Debuted in the Reality Era (2014-2016)
Sasha Banks (Mercedes Kaestner-Varnado) 2015-
Charlotte Flair (Ashley Elizabeth Fliehr) 2015-
Emma (Tenille Dashwood) 2014-2017
Lana (Catherine Joy "C.J." Perry) 2014-
Becky Lynch (Rebecca Quin) 2015-
Paige (Saraya-Jade Bevis) 2014-2018
Debuted in the New Era (2016-Present)
Asuka (Kanako Urai) 2017-
Shayna Baszler 2020-
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: Her losing the NXT Women's Championship after two years of brutal dominance was celebrated en masse by the women's locker room - and by the commentary team, as it happened.Mauro Ranallo: DARTH SIDIOUS HAS BEEN DETHRONED!*
- Arc Villain: The main antagonist of NXT's women's division for much of the late 2010s.
- Arch-Enemy: With both Dakota Kai and Kairi Sane which led to both of them teaming up against Shayna.
- Dakota was Shayna's personal punching bag, having tormented her in her debut match. Since then, Dakota was unable to do anything whenever Shayna was around to the point in their second match, Dakota failed to put up any offense. In their third match, while Dakota still lost, she managed to fare better than her previous matches.
- The two had fought since the Mae Young Classics Finals in which Kairi won. In 2018, Shayna made her debut by attacking Kairi and defeated her in February. They continue to feud over the NXT Women's Championship in the second half of the year. While Shayna did drop her title to Kairi, she eventually reclaimed it and defeated Kairi in all their following encounters until Kairi moved to the main roster.
- Io Shirai has been siding with Kairi Sane in her feud with Shayna ever since she debuted on NXT. After Kairi's final match in NXT ended with Shayna nearly breaking Kairi's arm with Io being forced to watch, Io vowed revenge and challenged Shayna for the title. Unfortunately, Io's failed to do so twice and the second defeat turned her into a Broken Ace.
- After defeating nearly everyone woman in the NXT women locker room, Shayna finds her toughest challenge in the form of inaugural NXT UK Women's Champion, Rhea Ripley. Shayna loses her usual smugness during this feud that she had to win by DQ in order to defend her championship. They even led their own teams against each other in the first ever women's WarGames in which Rhea's team was victorious despite the four-on-two handicap. In the end Rhea was the one who ended her reign as well.
- Badass Bisexual: Baszler is openly bisexual and her combat credentials speak for itself.
- Batman Gambit: Her bully persona is partially this. NXT Women's Champion Ember Moon had a particular strong sense of justice, so Shayna realized that offending that sense of justice was a great way to incite Ember to challenge her and in the process give Shayna a free title match.
- The Bully: Her main pastimes include picking on people weaker than her, looming over people smaller than her, and intentionally injuring her opponents.
- Catchphrase: It's not pushed all the time like WWE typically does, but she's become associated with the phrase "Tap, Nap, or Snap".note
- Combat Medic: ...No, seriously. In Real Life, she's a certified EMT - which, along with her MMA/wrestling credentials makes her a literal Combat Medic.
- Cool Shades: When not in ring gear.
- The Corrupter: Through her multiple victories over Dakota Kai and Io Shirai, Shayna not only broke them but also turned them heel.
- Determinator: While she is something of a Combat Pragmatist and doesn't seem to have any qualms about having backup, when it comes down to it a lot of her successful title defenses have seen her take more than her fair share of a beating and outlast her opponent long enough to induce a submission.
- Distaff Counterpart:
- A South Dakota-born wrestler with an MMA background, much like Brock Lesnar.
- For NXT, to Adam Cole* . Both rose to prominence in NXT at about the same time at the head of stables that use intimidation and gang-beating tactics to assert their dominance over their respective divisions* . Each led their respective heel team at the 2019 NXT Takeover: War Games.
- The Dreaded: Much like Brock Lesnar, Baszler's accomplishments in the world of MMA give her an intimidating aura. Her penchant for attempting to snap the limbs of her opponents also causes many of the other women to be terrified of her.
- Establishing Character Moment:
- Girl Posse: Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir were often seen in the crowd at WWE events in 2018 supporting either Baszler or Ronda Rousey during their respective matches. note At NXT Takeover: Brooklyn IV, Duke and Shafir actively interfered in Baszler's rematch with Kairi Sane, helping the former regain the title. Since then, they accompany Baszler onscreen everywhere.
- Hero Killer:
- She boasted about how she not only defeated the likes of Ember Moon, Nikki Cross and Kairi Sane, she destroyed two of them at their final NXT matches. In the case of Kairi Sane, she nearly broke her arm by stomping on it. She also ended Bianca Belair's 367 days undefeated streak and defeated Io Shirai twice, and turning Shirai into a Broken Ace in the process. Then her fourth victory over Dakota Kai, just a week after the announcement of the first ever women's WarGames, was the start of Dakota's FaceHeel Turn, especially after Rhea Ripley passed her over in favor of Mia Yim.
- At Elimination Chamber 2020, Shayna went in and destroyed the other competitors in quick succession. Not even Asuka stood a chance against her. This tied Shayna with Braun Strowman for most eliminations in a single Elimination Chamber match which meant more for Shayna since she won the match.
- Hypocrite: She called out Mia Yim for attacking Jessamine and Marina from the back, something that she is an expert in, especially since she debuted in NXT choking out Kairi Sane.
- Invincible Villain: Since her debut in the Mae Young Classic (losing to Kairi Sane in the final), Shayna has only lost in single matches by pinfall twice on televised events and TakeOvers (Ember Moon in Philadelphia and Kairi Sane again in Brooklyn 4) but she eventually won back against them in rematches. With the inclusion of both Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir at her side, she is even more unstoppable. In addition, not only she is the first two time NXT Women's Champion, she is also the second person after Asuka to hold the title for over a year. The arrival of Rhea Ripley ended up changing this.
- Kick the Dog: Shayna's ruthlessness is probably equal to that of Charlotte Flair in the number of dogs they kicked. From breaking Dakota Kai's morale, nearly breaking her opponents' arms and laughing at their injury, Shayna makes her name as the greatest heel in the NXT women's locker room.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Tried to use handcuffs to her advantage against Rhea Ripley at WarGames 2019. Ripley used those handcuffs to beat Shayna in the same match.
- Mixed Ancestry: Her father is of German descent while her mother is Chinese.
- Red Baron: "The Queen of Spades" and "The Submission Magician".
- Slasher Smile: Prone to giving these a lot during promos.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Was merely a bit of an asshole in her MYC appearance, but turned into a borderline sociopath once she's in NXT.
- Villainous Valour: Slips in and out of this. She's often seen taking shortcuts when it suits her - but that genuinely seems to be more a function of laziness ("I don't feel like dealing with this") or arrogance ("You're not worth my time"). When she feels like squaring up and fighting (typically during a Takeover match), she will do so.
Bayley (Pamela Martinez) 2016-
Bianca BelAir (Bianca Crawford, nee Blair) 2020-
- Alliterative Name: Bianca BelAir.
- Amazonian Beauty: Look at those abs...
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Tough and badass you may be, but taking that braid across bare skin hurts like hell. And sounds like it does, too.
- Braids of Action: Occasionally uses her very long hair to whip her opponents.
- Catchphrase: "Girl."
- Combat Pragmatist: Ain't No Rule, apparently, that states that you can't use your hair as a weapon.
- Finishing Move: Currently using an Argentine Rack dropped into a Facebuster dubbed the KOD (Kiss of Death) she previously used the Alley-Oop and the Spear.
- Happily Married: to Montez Ford.
- Lightning Bruiser: Tall and lean but very well-muscled (again, look at those abs...) She's strong enough to perform her KOD finisher on multiple women at once. She's also a former track sprinter that can bust out a 450 splash from the top rope.
- Logical Weakness: Her braid makes a good weapon, but an even better weak spot for opponents to exploit. The sight of opponents yanking her around by her braid is not uncommon.
- Older Than They Look: Her in-ring look, mannerisms, and relative inexperience in pro wrestling aren't quite indicative of a 30-year-old.
- Rapunzel Hair: A very long braid that hangs all the way down to her knees.
- Red Baron "The EST of NXT", as in fastest, strongest, etc.
- Signature Move: The Spear, which she previously used as a finisher. And there is also her hair whip.
- Whip It Good: Has a habit of using her hair to whip opponents in the face. It looks pretty badass. Downplayed more recently, as she relies more on her skill and athleticism than the hair gimmick as of late, saving the hair weapon for when it's time to get serious.
- Wild Card/Tweener: Possesses the requisite heel nastiness and arrogance as well as a moveset, crowd-working ability, and Determinator attributes that lean more toward what is typical of WWE faces. As such, she's been able to serve as this to NXT's Women's Division. A perfect example of this is her interactions with Shayna Baszler, as she's both competed as a babyface against Shayna and served as a member of Shayna's heel team in a War Games match without really changing her character.
Alexa Bliss (Alexis "Lexi" Kaufman) 2016-
Dana Brooke (Ashley Mae Sebera) 2016-
Carmella (Leah Van Dale) 2016-
Nikki Cross (Nicola Glencross) 2019-See also: SAnitY
Sonya Deville (Daria Berenato) 2017-
Lacey Evans (Macey Estrella) 2019-
Nia Jax (Savelina Fanene) 2016-
Billie Kay (Jessica McKay) 2018-
Sarah Logan (Sarah Bridges) 2017-2020See The Riott Squad.
Ember Moon (Adrienne Reese) 2018-
Liv Morgan (Gionna Daddio) 2017-See also The Riott Squad.
Ruby Riott (Dori Prange) 2017-See also The Riott Squad.
Mandy Rose (Amanda Saccomanno) 2017-
Ronda Rousey (Ronda Jean Rousey) 2018-
Peyton Royce (Cassie McIntosh) 2018-
Kairi Sane (Kaori Housako) 2019-
- The Ace: According to Dave Meltzer from Wrestling Observer Newsletter, she, along with Io Shirai and Mayu Iwatani, are three best female wrestlers in the world. Kairi does not boast a very wide arsenal or exceptional strength, but her charismatic persona has her captivating every audience she performs for, and what moves she does, she does so well it can be watched on repeat forever and looks as devastating as if a 300lb shredded man did it.
- Amazonian Beauty: Kairi's been working on her legs and biceps for a while now, and she shows progress.
- Arch-Enemy: Shayna Baszler, a rivalry that began since the Mae Young Classic in 2017 in which Kairi defeated Shayna in the Finals. When Baszler debuted at NXT, the first thing she did was attacked Kairi from behind. In February 2018, the two had a match in which Shayna won. Fast forward a few months later, Shayna is the reigning NXT Women's Championship and belittled Kairi for not accomplishing anything since the Mae Young Classic. For the latter half of 2018, the two continue their rivalry with the NXT Women's Championship on the line, with Kairi winning it on NXT TakeOver Brookyln IV but dropping it a few months later at Evolution and failing to reclaim it at TakeOver WarGames II. The feud intensified when Shayna brought in her MMA buddies to interfere in their matches while Kairi is aided by Io Shirai and Dakota Kai and ultimately ended when Kairi Sane was called up to the main roster, but not before getting brutalized by Baszler and the Horsewomen.
- Badass Adorable: Her cute face belies a ferocious competitor who's not to be taken lightly. Applies in Real Life as well since she's no less amiable a person as is the character she portrays, and as any other wrestler, she's not the person you'd want to pick a fight with.
- Bash Brothers: Or sister; on NXT she teamed up with Io Shirai as a tag team called the Sky Pirates, while on the main roster she's been paired with Asuka as a tag team called the Kabuki Warriors.
- Break the Cutie: Quite literally, courtesy of Shayna Baszler and her squad, who injured Kairi's arm on various occasions. On the last NXT show before Kairi was called up to the main roster, not only did they beat Kairi up and kayfabe break her arm, but forced Io Shirai to watch it for bonus points.
- Evil Makeover: After she and Asuka turned heel she began gradually changing up her appearance and gear, ditching her pirate garb for gear that resembled a Japanese noblewoman's and abandoning her wheel and telescope for a parasol. She also got whisker-like warpaint on her face, and a lot of her ring gear was turned black and gold.
- FaceHeel Turn: At Hell in a Cell 2019 the Kabuki Warriors turned heel after Asuka sprayed green mist from her mouth into Nikki Cross's eyes (a long-standing traditional heel tactic in Japanese wrestling) and kicked her in the face. This allowed them to win the Women's Tag Team Championship belts.
- Finishing Move: A diving elbow drop known as the "Insane Elbow". She also uses a Cross-Legged Boston Crab known as "The Anchor".
- Giggling Villain: As a heel she spends a LOT of time chortling, guffawing or cackling. She practically doubles as Asuka's laugh track.
- Happily Married: She's announced her marriage on her Twitter and Instagram.
- HeelFace Turn: After she's congratulating Becky Lynch and celebrate Asuka's championship victory before interrupt by Nia Jax.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Io Shirai.
- I Have the High Ground: The height she gets on her "Insane Elbow" has to be seen to be believed.
- Meaningful Name: Her in-ring name 'Kairi' means "ocean village", derived from the Japanese 'kai' for "sea/ocean" - perfect for a Pirate Princess.
- Nice Hat: A snazzy-looking tricorn.
- Older Than They Look: Look at that face. Would you believe for a second that she's 30?
- Pintsized Powerhouse: She may be a rather short woman, but her elbow drop is absolutely deadly.
- Pirate Girl: Her longstanding entrance gear evoked a pirate captain's outfit. Subverted after she abandoned the pirate gimmick once she and Asuka were heels.
- Precision F-Strike: In a PG show no less, she delivered one to Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair while interrupting a Miz TV session on the October 7, 2019 edition of Raw. Ironically, she and Asuka weren't speaking English so most people couldn't tell.Kairi: (in Japanese) You [Charlotte and Becky] look tired...so tonight, we're going to...BEAT THE SHIT...out of you.
- Red Baron: "The Pirate Princess".
- Signature Move: The Sliding D, a sliding elbow strike to a cornered opponent. The Interceptor, a striking Spear.
- Sky Pirate: When teaming with the "Genius of the Sky" Io Shirai, they are called the "Sky Pirates".
- Tournament Arc: Debuted during the inaugural Mae Young Classic (2017) and was its first winner.