McIntosh made her professional wrestling debut in February 2009 at Pro Wrestling Women's Alliance (PWWA) as KC Cassidy, and competed on the independent circuit with multiple promotions for several years, becoming a one-time Prairie Wrestling Alliance (PWA) Women's Champion. McIntosh signed a contract with WWE in 2015, and was assigned to NXT, where she met again with an old real-life friend from high school and the independent wrestling scene, Jessie McKay, who was now working as Billie Kay. The two would form an alliance called the Iconic Duo, and would debut on the main roster on the SmackDown after WrestleMania 34 (with their team now called the IIconics). Almost a year later, they would win the newly-created WWE Women's Tag Team Championship for the first time at WrestleMania 35.
"The Venus Fly Tropes":
- Amazonian Beauty: Mostly in the abs.
- Ambiguously Bi: She is really close to Billie Kay. Come on, even the IIconics entrance graphics are in the bi pride flag colors.
- Beta Bitch: To Billie Kay. She was however able to get a win in a #1 contender's match and challenge Asuka on her own - even if she didn't win.
- Dance Battler: Her graceful movements give away that she was a dancer before becoming a wrestler.
- Flower in Her Hair: Flowers have recently become a part of her motif.
- Green and Mean: She took to wearing green attires on NXT and she definitely has an attitude.
- Jobber: Was initially this under her real first name Cassie, but she's picked up a few wins since then.
- Kick Chick: Depending on how much offense she gets in, it's possible for her to go through a match doing nothing but kicks.
- Kick the Dog: She and Billie taunted Liv Morgan following a Curb-Stomp Battle she suffered at the hands of Asuka.
- Land Down Under: Where she and Billie both grew up, attended the same high school, as well as first trained together.
- Red Baron: "The Venus Fly Trap of NXT"
- Redhead In Green: Well, more of a burgundy shade.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Although some fans think the heterosexual part is supposed to be ambiguous, Peyton and Billie are 100% loyal to each other and have sworn never to betray the other even though they are heels. Even in a Fatal Four Way for the NXT Women's Championship they never turned on each other, instead trying to help the other get a pin or submission.
- Secondary Color Nemesis: She spent a lot of the Iconic Duo's run in NXT wearing light green ring gear with purple accents. Once they got to the main roster, she upgraded purple to the main color and started adding aqua accents instead.
- Suplex Finisher: She's been using a Fisherman's Suplex.
- Villainous Breakdown: Tends to go to pieces if an opponent starts kicking out or no selling her offense, despite this meaning she's still got the momentum. In one match Asuka kicking out after a two count reduced her to a screaming tantrum and some weak shoves, after which Asuka predictably recovered and flattened her.
- Whole Costume Reference: The overall motif seems to be a reference of some portrayals of Poison Ivy. Liv Morgan lampshaded this on Twitter, referring to Peyton as "a chick who thinks she's Poison Ivy".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has purple in her hair.