She debuted on October 9, 2009 at her home country's Impact Pro Wrestling promotion while she was 13 years old, and five years later made the move to the United Kingdom to improve herself, though she performed across most of Europe. In 2015 she signed for PROGRESS Wrestling and became the first-ever women's champion after defeating Jinny and Laura Di Matteo in may 2017. She also performed on the Japanese joshi promotion World Wonder Ring ST★RDOM. In addition, Storm is a 2x AEW Women's World Championship, 1x AAW Women's Championship, 1x BEW Women's Championship, 1x IPW Australia Women's Championship, 1x IPW Australian Cruiserweight Championship, 1x IPW Australian Hardcore Championship, 2x PWAQ Women's Championship, 1x PROGRESS Women's Championship, 2x wXw Women's Championship, 1x SWA World Championship and 1x World of Stardom Championship. She also won several tournaments and ranked in the 19th. place at the 2018 PWI Female 50 in the category Female Singles Wrestlers.
On the March 30, 2022 episode of Dynamite, Storm made her debut for All Elite Wrestling. That September at All Out, she claimed the interim AEW Women's World Championship, which had been vacated due to lineal champion Thunder Rosa being injured. Storm dropped the interim title to Jamie Hayter that November at Full Gear. Several days later, Thunder Rosa vacated her claim to the title, and Storm's interim reign was retconned into an official reign. Storm defeated Hayter at Double or Nothing in May 2023 to reclaim the title. She then dropped the title to Hikaru Shida in August 2nd 2023 on the 200th episode of Dynamite.
"Cross my heart. Trope to die. Stick a needle in my eye."
- Action Girl: By age 23, Toni had already proven herself to be one of the best women's wrestlers on the planet. She even won the second Mae Young Classic by beating Io Shirai, who many claim may be the best female wrestler in the world.
- Amazonian Beauty: While she looks like a Cute Bruiser, she has visibly toned muscles.
- Ass Kicks You: Uses her (not insignificant) butt against a seated opponent.
- Awesome Aussie: Though born in New Zealand, she grew up in Gold Coast, Queensland, having moved there when her parents separated when she was 4.
- Catchphrase: "It's Toni time!"
- The Dragon: Becomes one to Saraya upon both of them turning Heel.
- Face–Heel Turn:
- On the November 25, 2020 episode of NXT, Toni attacked Ember Moon thus turning heel and joined Candice LeRae team with Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez for NXT WarGames.
- Happened again in AEW, with herself and Saraya attacking Willow Nightingale. This got cemented as both Britt Baker and Jamie Hayter have turned Face.
- Facial Markings: She has a black war paint beneath her right eye.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: She only has one facial marking, beneath her right eye.
- Finishing Move:
- A Tiger Driver called "Storm Zero". She also has the Air Raid Crash.
- Back in Stardom and on the indies, her finisher was a piledriver called "Strong Zero." It was changed to the aforementioned "Storm Zero" (which was called the "Strong Zero" for a bit before changing it) because the piledriver is banned in WWE and their developmental system (with exceptions for the Tombstone Piledriver and the Canadian Destroyer). Storm went back to the "Strong Zero" piledriver in her AEW debut, but it was renamed "Storm Zero" as the Best Friends already have a move named "Strong Zero".
- In a match against Zoey Stark on the May 18, 2021 episode of NXT, she debuted a new finisher which is a modified version of the Ruby Cutter, a move that is innovated by her mentor, Dean Allmark. The difference is that Toni's version drops into a DDT instead of a cutter. She then uses the regular Ruby Cutter as her finisher (now called the "Storm One") in her WWE SmackDown debut.
- Genki Girl: Smiles in almost every picture of her and usually appears very hyped.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's a good-looking woman with gear that shows quite a lot of skin similar to Paige's but with more emphasis on her large backside. And this was before she got released from WWE. After her requested release, she infamously opened an OnlyFans account and proceeded to make enough money off the ensuing subscriptions to eclipse most female wrestlers' yearly contracts in a single day.
- Occidental Otaku: Studied Japanese in high school.
- The Prima Donna: Became one after losing the Women's World Champion title to Hikaru Shida on the 200th episode of Dynamite, regularly throwing temper tantrums and acting overdramatic during interviews as a result of being dethroned for a second time. By All In a month later, her gimmick had evolved into a Marilyn Monroe-esque Hollywood starlet (who throws shoes at the backstage interviewers).
- Punk Rock: Essentially what her persona is. Leather jackets, bandannas, sunglasses and studs are usually included in her entrance gear.
- Shorttank: A Genki Girl with a blatant Tomboyish get-up complete with guitar riffs as her entrance theme.
- Signature Move: A Double Underhook Powerbomb, a Fisherman's Suplex onto Knee combo, a German Suplex, a Guillotine Legdrop, a Hip Attack and a Suicide Dive.
- Tomboyish Baseball Cap: Wears one in her entrance (see page image).
- Tournament Arc:
- Won PROGRESS's "Natural Progression Series IV", STARDOM's "Cinderella Tournament 2017" and "5-STAR Grand Prix 2017", and wXw's "Femmes Fatales 2017" tournaments.
- Competed in and won the 2018 Mae Young Classic.
- Came up short in the NXT UK Women's Championship Tournament, however, losing to Rhea Ripley.
- Use Your Head: Headbutts are some of her most frequent forms of striking.
- We Used to Be Friends: Used to be roommates and best friends with fellow wrestler Jamie Hayter. However, upon Jamie Hayter's return to AEW, she allied up with one of Toni's enemies, Britt Baker, which led to their friendship to fall apart.