Gionna Daddio (yes, really) (born June 8, 1994) is an American professional wrestler currently signed to WWE.
A native of Elmwood Park, New Jersey, she was previously a model, competitive cheerleader and Hooters girl. She was discovered in 2014 and signed to a developmental contract. She made her debut relatively quickly - as a fan jumping on Tyler Breeze during his entrance at an NXT Takeover show.
She soon made her proper in-ring debut in 2015 using the name Marley. A few weeks later, she switched to Liv Morgan, which she has continued to use. On November 21st 2017 she made her surprise debut on the main roster - along with Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan on WWE Smackdown as The Riott Squad.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: Gionna Daddio is quite a cool given name. Liv Morgan isn't too bad either.
- Big Eater: She posts about food a lot on social media.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Since becoming a heel, she has been much more vocal in the ring.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Her match with Asuka was incredibly short.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Her tan is pretty dark.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Although more tomboyish than most examples, she's a glamorous blonde who has a lot of personality.
- Early-Bird Cameo: She debuted as a fan jumping on Tyler Breeze's back.
- Evil Feels Good: She could be seen positively giddy when attacking Charlotte on Smackdown.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Upon forming The Riott Squad, she began to wear her hair partially up in pigtails.
- In October 2018, she dyed her hair pink.
- Fearless Fool: Challenged Asuka to a match, knowing she would probably lose (which she did), just because she wanted the experience.
- Genki Girl: She's lively and energetic in her entrance.
- Hidden Depths: Although mainly a brawler, she has some impressive flexibility and athleticism - using a few handsprings and Matrix dodges.
- Joisey: She has her '201' area code proudly on her ring gear and entrance video. As she played a Face she was more of a Plucky Girl. Upon a heel turn on the main roster, she averted the trope entirely.
- Kick Chick: She got her first win with a roundhouse kick to Aliyah.
- Maniac Tongue: As a heel she has a habit of sticking her tongue out a lot. She's even painted it blue!
- Odd Friendship: She and Aliyah were opponents one week, Liv picking up the win. When Billie Kay and Peyton Royce cheated to attack Aliyah, Liv came down and saved her despite having no reason to. As a result, Aliyah Took a Level in Kindness and immediately came to Liv's rescue when the Aussies attacked her. They were friends for the rest of Liv's time on NXT.
- Perky Goth: As a heel in The Riott Squad, her look evokes this much more than Sarah Logan.
- Plucky Girl: She's got a lot of heart and enthusiasm to prove herself.
- Pom-Pom Girl: It's very apparent in her entrance that she used to be a cheerleader.
- Power Trio: The Riott Squad, with Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan.
- Punny Name: A few puns have come from her first name. Her music is titled 'Livin Large', and her Twitter handle is 'Ya Only Liv Once', with tweets containing the hashtag 'SD Liv' upon debuting on SmackDown.
- She-Fu: She does Matrix dodges, handsprings and a few 'pretty' athletic moves in the ring.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: On the July 16th, 2019 episode of SmackDown, in response to Charlotte Flair defending Shane McMahon's control, Liv told the former nine-time Woman's Champion to shut up and proceeded to mock Charlotte for being the Spotlight-Stealing Squad she is.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: She bears more than a few similarities to Carmella (though Liv is actually from New Jersey, while Carmella is a Bostonian billed as a New Yorker). As of Carmella's FaceHeel Turn on the main roster, there are more differences. She also does a few Matrix dodges as a nod to Trish Stratus.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Aliyah's girly girl.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She's a scrappy brawler who can still pull off some She-Fu moves, as well as being a former cheerleader. She has sometimes had pink on her ring gear.
- Tomboyish Baseball Cap: She wears one to the ring.
- Took a Level in Badass: Despite tapping out to Asuka in a matter of seconds, she worked hard to get stronger in the ring. She started winning more matches, and came close to becoming #1 contender for the title.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Pizza, judging by social media. Also Orange Monster.
- Unnecessary Roughness: During her Smackdown debut, after Sarah Logan had already thrown Becky Lynch onto the make-up table, Liv picked up the table and threw it at Becky.
- Worthy Opponent: Shortly after Bayley became NXT Women's Champion, she wrestled a match with Liv that was strictly a friendly affair. Although Bayley won, she acknowledged Liv as such. Liv would later call it her favourite match.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She later dyed her blonde hair into bright pink hair.