Matthew Thomas Morgan (born September 10, 1976) is an American professional wrestler. He is known for working for WWE from 2003 to 2005, and for TNA from 2007 to 2013 (making some sporadic appereances since), where he is a two-time TNA World Tag Team Champion.
Tropes associated with him include:
- The Brute: He was the main muscle for Fortune.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Abyss. Main Event Mafia. Hernandez. Immortal. Doesn't matter who he's teaming with, face or heel, he will betray them. It was eventually Averted with Crimson, who beat him to the punch.
- Continuity Nod: Morgan once turned face because he was shocked to see a concussed man being forced to wrestle. Morgan has put someone out with a concussion before. He referred to this on ReAction by bringing up that Hernandez didn't come back after him for months, which was the entire point of concussing the man in the first place.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Turned face because he's shocked at forcing a concussed man to wrestle.
- The Giant: The man is billed as seven feet tall, and does use a lot of power moves, but he's also a decent wrestler in other respects.
- It's All About Me: It's hard to get more self-centered than attacking your tag team partner while you're tag team champions and then proclaiming yourself sole tag team champion.
- Finishing Move: The Carbon Footprint; a bicycle kick or a running big boot.
- Lightning Bruiser: Is surprisingly fast and agile for someone so big and able dish out and withstand punishment.
- Never My Fault: Claimed Hernandez almost cost them the tag titles when Hernandez pretty much retained them single-handedly.
- Put on a Bus: For a very short time, then the bus turned around. Got back on the bus later on in 2013, and again in 2015, with the bus turning around each time as well.
- Red Baron: The Blueprint.
- Redemption Promotion: After a Heel–Face Turn, he suddenly became badass again and proceeded to began being a main event level wrestler alongside Mr. Anderson.
- Royal "We": During his tag team title run after turning on Hernandez.
- Shout-Out: His epithet "The Blueprint" is a shout out to his favorite rapper, Jay-Z.
- Smug Snake: His heel runs of him declaring himself a big show tend to end up with him biting more than he can chew; see the end of his sole reign as TNA World Tag Team Champion, where after he got attacked by Samoa Joe, Kevin Nash would cash in his "Feast or Fired" contract and pin Morgan to make himself and Scott Hall the new World Tag Team Champions.
- Underwear of Power: He wears the standard wrestling trunks.
- Ungrateful Bastard: His response to Hernandez pretty much retaining the TNA World Tag Team titles single-handedly for their team was to put him out of action, leave with both title belts, and declare himself the sole World Tag Team Champion.