Lists the various WWE wrestlers active during the New Generation Era, from April 5, 1993 through March 23, 1997. Please limit associated tropes to that wrestler's time in WWE.
open/close all folders
Adam Bomb (Brian Emmeth Clarke) 1993-1995, 2001
Ludvig Borga (Tony Christian Halme) 1993-1994
Diesel/Kevin Nash (Kevin Scott Nash) 1993-1996, 2002-2003, 2011-2020
See also: New World Order
Road Dogg (Brian Girard James) 1994-1995, 1996-2001, 2011-
See also: D-Generation X
Doink the Clown (Matt Osborne, Steve Keirn, Steve Lombardi, Dusty Wolfe, John Maloof, Ray Liccachelli, Jeff Jarrett, Chris Irvine, Nick Dinsmore, Dwaine Henderson) 1992-1995, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010
Duke "The Dumpster" Droese (Mike Droese 1994-1996)
Bart Gunn (Michael Burton "Mike" Polchlopek, Jr.) 1993-1999, 2007
Hakushi (Kensuke Shinzaki (新崎 健介)) 1995-1998
Jeff Hardy (Jeffrey Nero "Jeff" Hardy) 1994-1997, 1998-2003, 2006-2009, 2017-
Matt Hardy (Matthew Moore "Matt" Hardy) 1994-1996, 1998-2010, 2017-2018, 2019-2020
Mark Henry (Mark Jerrold Henry) 1996-2018
See also: The Nation of Domination
T.L. Hopper/Uncle Cletus Godwinn (Tony Anthony) 1996-1997
Curtis Hughes 1993, 1997, 1999
Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V (Nelson Frazier, Jr.) 1993-1996, 1999-2000, 2004-2008.
- Acrofatic: Despite being a Mighty Glacier, he could do a Wheel Kick as well as a few top-rope maneuvers.
- The Big Guy: As a Face
- The Bus Came Back: First for a one shot appearance on the July 6, 1998 Raw, then full-time before the 1999 Royal Rumble, and finally full-time once again in 2004.
- Continuity Nod: The police sirens that are in Big Daddy V's theme song, Calling All Cars, were also in King Mabel's theme song.
- The Corrupter: To Mark Henry during his (embarrassing) sexual chocolate gimmick.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: As Viscera.
- Depraved Bisexual: During his "World's Largest Love Machine" run, he preferred women but had no problem forcibly dry humping guys and got pops from the crowd throughout the run until he attacked Lillian Garcia.
- Fat Bastard: Most noticeable in WWECW, where he stopped covering it up.
- Gender-Blender Name: A guy named Mabel?
- The Giant: In this case though, a lot of people really could not perform their moves on him, either due to his weight, his lack of mobility or his sheer girth.
- Hired Guns: By JBL to deal with the Undertaker (didn't work) and Matt Striker to deal with the Boogeyman (mostly worked).
- I Have Many Names: See above and add King Mabel after his King of the Ring win.
- Kavorka Man: Somehow continued to have women seeking his affection despite his publicized theft of The Godfather's Hoes, which he stole to pimp out to struggling sex addicts and for crushing Trish Stratus for not giving him sex. Lillian Garcia would go on to propose to him.
- Mighty Glacier: He might have been a little faster than most men with his build but was slow by wrestling standards. He also won his fair share of squash matches so apparently that did not hinder him too much.
- Power Stable: The Ministry of Darkness -> The Corporate Ministry.
- Red Baron: "The World's Largest Love Machine" as Viscera in 2005.
- Scary Black Man: No, there is nothing scary about a five hundred pound implied rapist.
- Stout Strength: For all that fat, he had muscles under it.
- Would Hit a Girl: Ask the Godfather hos, Trish and Lillian.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: As a wrestling rapper, with his then tag team partner, Mo.
Mideon (Dennis Knight) 1996-2000
- The Alcoholic: Implied. He teamed with Ivory in a loss to Mark Henry and Mae Young on the March 5, 2000 Sunday Night Heat. As he walked to the ring, the commentators said, "I think Ivory drinks lattes, I don't know what Mideon drinks, or how much."
- Cassandra Truth: Was the first to warn the WWF about the Ministry of Darkness, but naturally was dismissed as insane ramblings by the likes of Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole.
- Corrupt Hick: He and his "brother" used this gimmick as heels when they had the Godwinn gimmick
- Eye Scream: The eye in the jar.
- Facial Markings
- Fan Disservice: As Naked Mideon.
- Fun with Acronyms: He was pig farmer Phineas I. Godwinn. As a bonus his partner was Henry O. Godwinn.
- Identity Impersonator: HHH turned him into "Bogus Mankind" as part of his feud with Mick Foley in early 2000.
- Mad Oracle: The Undertaker's soothsayer in the Ministry of Darkness.
- Primal Stance: Would often come into the ring on all fours and remain there during his entrance.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming
- Skunk Stripe/Locked into Strangeness: Presumably as a result, along with everything else sustained during his ministry makeover.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Mideon was spelled Midian initially.
- Touched by Vorlons: After being indoctrinated into the Ministry of Darkness, he gains psychic powers.
- Unrelated Brothers: With Mark Canterbury as the Godwinns.
- Wrestling Doesn't Pay: First as wrestling hog farmer, Phineas I. Godwinn, then as one of Jeff Jarrett's bodyguards named Southern Justice.
Mo (Robert Horne) 1993-1996
Aldo Montoya/Justin Credible (Peter Joseph Polaco) 19931997, 2001-2003, 2006, 2012
Pierre Ouellette / Jean-Pierre Lafitte (Carl Joseph Yvon Ouellet) 1993-1995, 1998-2000
Papa Shango / Kama / The Godfather / The Goodfather (Charles Wright) 1992-1993, 1995-2002, 2013
Brian Pillman (Brian William Pillman) 19961997
Tatanka (Christopher "Chris" Chavis) 1992-1996, 2005-2007, 2016
Vader (Leon Allen White) 1996-1998
Savio Vega/Kwang the Ninja (Juan Riviera) 1994-1998