Sean Michael Waltman (born July 13, 1972) is a retired American professional wrestler who has wrestled for WWE
under the names X-Pac (WWE), The 1-2-3 Kid (WWE), and Syxx (WCW). He is a former WWE European Champion (x2), a former WWE Light-Heavyweight Champion (x2), a former WWE Tag Team Champion (x4), and a former WCW Cruiserweight Champion. However, despite his accomplishments in the ring, he is, unfortunately, best known as the Trope Namer
for the term "X-Pac Heat
." Regardless of his X-Pac Heat, however, he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame
in 2019 as part of D-Generation X
's group induction and inducted again in 2020 as part of the New World Order
, making him the first person to be inducted two years in a row.
Per usual, That Other Wiki has a rundown of his life and career.
- Jerry Lynn (in the GWF)
- Razor Ramon in his first WWE run
- Eddie Guerrero in WCW
- In his WWF return, Shane McMahon while he was a face, then Kane after he turned heel...
- Ass Shove: A rather gruesome Real Life example. While attempting his Bronco Buster move, his opponent dodged and Pac took the exposed turnbuckle eye bolt to his anus. Amazingly, he managed to finish the match and only noticed the blood when he was changing in his hotel room later.
- Bratty Half-Pint: He's much smaller than his buddies Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, and although he's always loud mouthed and obnoxious, tends to be even worse when they're around.
- Berserk Button: The aftermath of events at a Top Rope Promotions show on 4/9/2011 really do not sit well with him, especially since his friend Scott Hall, after being overloaded on painkillers thanks to a massive seizure the night before, was "pushed out the curtain" despite barely knowing where he was. Making light of his friend's condition is a really easy way to get on his bad side.
- Captain Ersatz: Unfortunately, Fire Pro Wrestling didn't code in an ersatz for his signature chant.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Just ask Razor Ramon and Kane.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Dropped at least forty when describing the Plane Ride From Hell. Of course he was baked out of his mind at the time.
- Combat Pragmatist/Improvised Weapon: In TNA in 2005, he worked a King of the Mountain Match. He tried to bring a trash can into the ring, but it wouldn't go through the ropes. Seeing a used one already in the ring, he quickly dumped the one he had, and used that one instead.
- Excrement Statement: Off-set, he's become infamous for shitting on the possessions of people he doesn't like. On set, Degeneration X have dumped shit from the ceiling and he's the one best associated with that little stunt(as well as the "Suck It!" pose, but we digress)
- Finishing Move:
- In his early days and as the 1-2-3 Kid, the moonsault and the 1-2-3 Kick (superkick)
- As Syxx in WCW, the Buzzkiller (crossface chickenwing)
- As X-Pac, the X-Factor (sitout facebuster)
- While teaming in X-Factor (the trio), he and Justin Credible used a double superkick.
- I Know Karate: Worked Karate kicks into his moveset, and during a short feud with Steve Blackman during the Attitude Era would show off by twirling a Kendo stick. During his run with the nWo in the WWE, he would wield a pair of nunchaku. He is also a black belt in Judo, trained in Taekwondo and also trained in shoot and Catch Wrestling at the Malenko's Wrestling School.
- Meaningful Name:
- As a jobber called The Lightning Kid, he scored a major upset win over Razor Ramon. He changed his name to 1-2-3 Kid because 'he could win out of nowhere with only a count of 3.'
- He was Syxx in the nWo for two reasons - one because he was the sixth member, and two, because 1+2+3=6.
- It also gave him, Nash, and Hall an excuse to each wear shirts with number-six pool balls on them at the same time, a nod towards the religious aspect of the infamous conspiracy theory which the nWo's name was based off of.
- Power Stable: (in WWE):
- Power Trio: X-Factor with Justin Credible and Albert.
- Product Placement: In the WWE, for an energy drink. Worked into his TitanTron entrance video and always drank one on the way to the ring.
- Tagalong Kid: His role in the Kliq. His nickname is even "Kid" (from his former ring name of "The 1-2-3 Kid").
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: During the 2011 ESPN documentary about Scott Hall's descent into alcoholism, Sean watches the footage of Scott's disastrous appearance at an indie wrestling event and lets his disgust for the promoter shine through when the man is unrepentant over what he did:
Promoter: I absolutely made a business vs. a moral decision. Scott Hall's not my friend. I met him one day. I'm pretty sure I'll never meet him again.
Waltman: So you shove the guy out the curtain, so you can, uh, you know, so you don't have to give out refunds? Fuck you.
- Traumatic Haircut: Delivered one to WWE producer Michael Hayes while Hayes was sleeping off a hangover during the infamous Plane Ride from Hell in 2002. By all accounts, Hayes had been so far out of line before falling asleep that the entire plane erupted in applause when X-Pac did the deed. Hayes had a flip-out in customs once he woke up and found out his mullet was missing.
- The Trope Kid: He had a different word in front of "kid" every time he showed up in the WWF until he finally won a match and settled on 1-2-3.
- True Companions: Everyone forgets that he was a part of the Kliq, too.
- "X" Makes Anything Cool: X-Pac and his X Factor group.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Syxx