Team Hell No was a Tag Team that consisted of Daniel Bryan and Kane from September 10th, 2012 until July 29th 2013. The team was forced together when then General Manager AJ Lee ordered them into anger management classes, and later putting them in a match to become the number one contenders for the Tag Team Title, which they won at the 2012 Night of Champions PPV. After they lost the titles, they decided they wanted to pursue singles gold (the WWE Championship), and split as a team.
Quite unexpectedly, after Daniel Bryan's return to active competition in 2018, Team Hell No reunited again on the 27th of June episode of SmackDown.
I am the Tag Team Tropes!
- Arch-Enemy: The Shield. They ended up being the ones (alongside Randy Orton) who broke the Shield's undefeated streak in 6-man tag team matches. And, one can argue, each other.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: Kane and Daniel respectively.
- The Cameo: Indie wreslter Scorpio Sky appeared as Harold in the Anger Management skits. The late Mae Young also had a short and hilarious cameo following Daniel and Kane's Immodest Orgasm.
- Catch-Phrase: "I'M THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!"
- Cooldown Hug: Whenever they had an argument, it would end with them hugging it out. It was something ordered by their Anger Manager Dr. Shelby.
- Continuity Nod: Kane's "anger history" consists of a breathtakingly complete summary of Kane's most ludicrous and outlandish angles.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Take away the arguments, the anger management skits, Dr. Shelby, and the whole "I AM THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS" catchphrase: you have two former world champions in Kane, the Big Red Machine and in-ring veteran from the days of the Attitude Era, and Daniel Bryan, one of indy wrestling's brightest stars and a damn good technical wrestler.
- In fact, their rivalry with Dolph Ziggler, AJ and Big E. Langston as well as The Shield showed off more of the "badass" side of Team Hell No.
- Dumb Is Good: Or cheered anyway, in comparison to "Rhodes Scholars".
- Finishing Move: They only developed it around 2013, with Kane hitting a chokeslam followed by a flying headbutt from Bryan.
- Heel–Face Turn: They were both heels when they started out (during their feud before forming, Kane was the default face), but their antics got so over the top that the fans started cheering them; they turned face almost seamlessly and only wrestled against heels. Notably, in the match where they won the tag team titles against R Truth and Kofi Kingston, a face tag team, they used the traditional face corner of the ring (back left) while Truth and Kingston used the traditional heel corner (front right).
- Immodest Orgasm: Both of them in a send up to When Harry Met Sally
- Infectious Insanity: For AJ Lee, though actually started with her, Hell No just made it worse, then for Dr. Shelby.
- Large Ham: Which would usually involve…
- Leitmotif: Both used their own individual entrances during their earlier days, but later settled in on Kane's theme.
- The Load: Towards the end of their tenure, Daniel got this in his head that he was the weak link of the team. Kane, as well as Orton, tried to tell him otherwise.
- Named by Democracy: The WWE fans got to chose their Tag Team name, Team Hell No, among Team Friendship and Team Teamwork.
- Older Hero Versus Younger Villain: They feud against The Shield.Kane is 18 years older than Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, 19 years older than Seth Rollins. Daniel Bryan is older 4 years than Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, 5 years older than Seth Rollins.
- Pisstake Rap: Daniel Bryan aka B Dazzle and Kane aka Curly Kane put one together but Kane cut it short when it turned out to be a diss on him.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: I! AM! THE Tag Team Champions!
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Bryan was the red, while Kane was the blue.
- Straight Man: Kane of all people! Considering all the atrocities that his character's been in...
- Dr. Shelby was this to both Kane and Daniel.
- They're Back: At the end of the June 27th 2018 episode of SmackDown, Bryan was being brutalised 2-on-1 by current tag team champions the Bludgeon Brothers when Kane unexpected came out to save him. After driving the brothers off, Kane spread his arms and offered Bryan a hug, and after some initial hesitation, Bryan gave him one, to rapturous cheers from the crowd. Then GM Paige came out and was so moved by the scene that she announced that the reunited Team Hell No would get a title shot against the Bludgeon Brothers at the upcoming Extreme Rules.
- Villain Team-Up: Subverted to hell and back... almost literally. They were heels and bitter enemies that were forced to attempt to work out their problems with one another in an anger management program. Then, they were forced to team together... and eventually ended up winning the Tag Team titles. The crowd found their interactions so entertaining that, despite not changing their personalities at all (in fact, they've been simplified and turned up to near-parody levels) they've been receiving cheers like faces and have largely been booked as such (i.e. almost exclusively wrestling heels).
- Vitriolic Best Buds: As a team, they were the epitome of this.
- No! I am the Tag Team Champions!