Anthony Norris (born June 6, 1963) is a retired American Professional Wrestler best known for his time in WWE from 1995-1998. He debuted in 1989 and worked various Texas promotions under a variety of names. He arrived in WWE in 1995 and became the first African-American WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion by defeating Goldust at King of the Ring 1996. His career began to fall apart when the debuting Faarooq attacked him, giving him a kidney injury. WWE released him in February 1998. He had a very weak run in WCW in 2000 as "Big T" before disappearing again. He also held the USWA Unified World Heavyweight Title.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki.
"Pearl River Tropes":
- Arch-Enemy: Faarooq, easily. So much so that both of them got themselves eliminated when they participated in the 1997 Royal Rumble- Ahmed jumping out of the ring to attack Faarooq when he appeared from backstage, and then when Faarooq entered legally, Ahmed rushed out with a 2x4 and chased him out of the ring.
- Bald of Awesome/Bald of Evil: Depending on his Face/Heel status
- The Big Guy/The Brute: Depends on his Face/Heel status.
- Didn't See That Coming: Sunny had offered to manage him and he turned her down, calling her "trash." Her response was to bring in Faarooq.
- Establishing Character Moment: His surprise debut on the October 30, 1995 WWE Raw when he ran into the ring and slammed Yokozuna.
- Finishing Move: The Pearl River Plunge (Tiger Driver)
- Formerly Fit: By the time he resurfaced in WCW, he had put on a ton of weight, making him even slower than before.
- Glass Cannon: Strong but injury prone.
- I Have Many Names: His own, Ahmed Johnson, Siva, Moadib, Ahmed Williams, Big T, The Night Breeder, The Black Superman
- Power Stable:
- Precision F-Strike: To Jeff Jarrett, who refused to wrestle him on the December 1, 1997 Raw."Well, I guess you're just chicken(bleep!)"
- Put on a Bus: Because he kept getting injured since August 1996 and couldn't stay healthy.
- Red Baron: "The Pearl River Powerhouse"
- The Unintelligible: Unfortunately, along with getting injured a lot, he is best known for this.