Anthony Norris (born June 6, 1963) is a retired American Professional Wrestler best known for his time in WWE from 1995-1998. He debuted in 1989 and worked various Texas promotions under a variety of names. He arrived in WWE in 1995 and became the first African-American WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion by defeating Goldust at King of the Ring 1996. His career began to fall apart when the debuting Faarooq attacked him, giving him a kidney injury. WWE released him in February 1998. He had a very weak run in WCW in 2000 as "Big T" before disappearing again. He also held the USWA Unified World Heavyweight Title.
"Pearl River Tropes":
- Arch-Enemy: Faarooq, easily. So much so that both of them got themselves eliminated when they participated in the 1997 Royal Rumble- Ahmed jumping out of the ring to attack Faarooq when he appeared from backstage, and then when Faarooq entered legally, Ahmed rushed out with a 2x4 and chased him out of the ring.
- Didn't See That Coming: Sunny had offered to manage him and he turned her down, calling her "trash." Her response was to bring in Faarooq.
- Establishing Character Moment: His surprise debut on the October 30, 1995 WWE Raw when he ran into the ring and slammed Yokozuna.
- Finishing Move: The Pearl River Plunge (Tiger Driver)
- Formerly Fit: By the time he resurfaced in WCW, he had put on a ton of weight, making him even slower than before.
- Glass Cannon: Enormously strong and looked like a superhero during his early WWE career, but despite his imposing appearance he was horribly injury prone. That eventually wound up undermining his career.
- I Have Many Names: His own, Ahmed Johnson, Siva, Moadib, Ahmed Williams, Big T, The Night Breeder, The Black Superman
- Power Stable:
- Precision F-Strike: To Jeff Jarrett, who refused to wrestle him on the December 1, 1997 Raw."Well, I guess you're just chicken(bleep!)"
- Put on a Bus: Because he kept getting injured since August 1996 and couldn't stay healthy.
- Red Baron: "The Pearl River Powerhouse"
- The Unintelligible: Unfortunately, along with getting injured a lot, he is best known for this.